NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Pine »

How about I lay it out in bullet form. Respond to the following:

-Your hypocrisy regarding IAAUN's fluffposting, followed by your own. (You somewhat responded to this.)
-The circumstances of post 124. (Dismissed, did not engage.)
-The dissonance represented by post 177. (Dismissed, did not engage.)
-Defending theamateur on several occasions, then becoming paranoid about
looking
like you're defending someone who the Town is beginning to suspect. (Have not responded at all.)
-Willingness to lynch anyone except the three you feel you can't justify it on. (Dodged the point. It was that you expressed a willingness to lynch almost anyone.)
-Attempt to rally a serious PL on Beck (note that the difference here is that it was not a joke or frustration, but a serious attempt) after repeatedly stating a belief that Beck is Town. (Have not responded.)
-Post 424 seems to express frustration at being caught for the wrong reasons, implying there are good reasons to lynch you. (Have not responded.)
-Trolling Beck and engaging his return-trolling. (Have not responded.)
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Username is town.

You heard it here first!

Anyways, good case on rev, I still find ThAd scummier, he really needs to be lynched today...

@Beck: why did you not explain your town read on funky?

@ThAd: why are you assuming funky is town?

Also using ThAd's reasoning that funkys wagon went too well so hes town, I will use said logic to prove ThAd is scum by reversing it, if a wagon does not go well its because they are scum. So lets get to voting ThAd ya?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by Beck »

I explained my town read on funky in post 773

P.edit - because I don't think if he was scum he would bandwagon vote 2 people so obviously and than claim vig.

why did you ignore the question I asked you?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Beck »

now that others are putting pressure on rev, i will avoid what I was going to do, Rev will have no choice to respond to Pine, I mean pine was a town read for him, so if he isn't going to respond to me because I am stupid asinine retard who thinks I am god's gift to mafia, he must surley want to respond to his top town read, the person who by his own admission had the same thoughts as him, and even posted them before rev could.

so I will wait, rev's next posts better be a defense of himself instead of attacking people, I mean now you are getting aggressive to pine? he was your top town read.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Slandaar »

your reason is terribly WIFOM

Which question did I miss?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 811, Beck wrote:@ slandaar - I was the first person to bring up that somebody on funky's wagon was scum here - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3523440

and than 5 posts later TheAd says the people I chose he disagree with and chose numbers 3, 4, and 5

so why are you grilling TheAd for picking somebody on that wagon, but not grilling me, since it was my suggestion to begin with?

this is yet another problem I have with you because you said THAT post put him on your radar, but by that logic I should be on your radar and you should be pushing on me just as much as him.

and one more thing, if you really think funky is scum, since you said you can't see him being town. You should be voting funky correct?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by Beck »

wifom is good for games sometimes, you have to think of motivation.

what is the scum motivation behind his play? I mean scum claiming vig with nowhere close to a lynch? scum wouldn't be that stupid
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Slandaar »

your reason had context, his was just they voted 3/4/5 which is not even remotely scummy, you didnt actually suggest to hunt scum on the wagon you just said who were the 2 people you find most scummy on it... I dont see the similarities.

I do not remember saying I cant see funky being town, please show me where I did so.

I find him scummy but not to the levels I find ThAd so why would I be voting him?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Post by Slandaar »

if funky is good enough to know that he will look terrible for bussing people as scum hes good enough to know that people will percieve his actions as something scum wouldnt do because its too obvious

I dont think its as obvious as you are making it out to be however...
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 856, Beck wrote:wifom is good for games sometimes

This was so bad I had to break my silence, and comment.

No. WIFOM is never good for Town, and your reason for clearing funkybike is completely unsound. That is precisely the reasoning scum would want you to use. "I'll do something so scummy, Town would never think it came from actual scum." Thanks for playing our game, Beck, you continue to lose.

/ignoring Beck again

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Does anyone (other than beck and ThAd) have a town read on funky? or is assuming funky is town?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Pine »

My read is neutral-scummy. I don't see the cases being built on him as having much merit, but I'm also not seeing Funky doing anything to change their opinions or improve mine.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 am

Post by Beck »

In post 859, Pine wrote:
In post 856, Beck wrote:wifom is good for games sometimes

This was so bad I had to break my silence, and comment.

No. WIFOM is never good for Town, and your reason for clearing funkybike is completely unsound. That is precisely the reasoning scum would want you to use. "I'll do something so scummy, Town would never think it came from actual scum." Thanks for playing our game, Beck, you continue to lose.

/ignoring Beck again

Town uses wifom all the time, people who think wifom is only used by scum should really no be so narrow minded and maybe read the mafia discussion forum where this has been discussed.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 am

Post by Slandaar »

Beck let us assume that funky is scum for a second, what is your read on ThAd?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

I am assuming you currently think hes town, if this is wrong do correct me while answering the above.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 am

Post by bvoigt »

Beck is still obvtown. I was going to say the same about Revenus, but I'm starting to change my mind, I think.

In post 793, Revenus wrote:Statements like "youre both town" scream: "I know you're both town because I know who everone in town is and it suits my purpose to tell you who is town because guess what? I'm scum"

Isn't it reasonable for theam, as town, to have townreads on both of you? If he's scum, how does it help him in any way to say that two people are town? Obviously, defending townies just makes it harder to get mislynches.

In post 817, Revenus wrote:Unless sorgster is scum too.

Congrats Beck, you have found another scum with your innovative ways.

Is this post helpful scumhunting in any way? It just looks like intentionally aggravating Beck to me.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Beck »

Assuming funky is scum, I would no think TheAd is linked to him, so probably think he is protown.

Funky isn't getting lynched today I don't think, theAd surely isn't getting lynched today, I'm definitely not getting lynched today.

Rev should get lynched today, SV could get lynched today, hiraki or amateur possibly could be a good lynch today.

If rev doesn't defend himself today and people don't stop ignoring me, Let's just say, things will get insane in here.

We have too many people not posting and they need to, it doesn't matter how long of a deadline we have, we have a lynch pool of about 5 to 6 people so they need to start chiming in on these people.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

Why is ThAd town? what has he done thats so townish?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Beck »

@ Pine, let's look at your reason why Rev was protown

14. Revenus: Finally, someone I have a solidly positive read on. I'm willing to go out on a limb and state that I find the cases and votes on Revenus to be without merit. Rev and I been on similar wavelengths (his words) all game, which to me indicates that he is processing things in an uninformed, reasoning, deductive manner. While his scumhunting is not as effective as I would desire, he is absolutely trying. Effectiveness is bred from experience, Rev, and you're doing well.

Rev and I been on similar wavelengths (his words) all game

Is it possible he was buddying you?

to me indicates that he is processing things in an uninformed, reasoning, deductive manner

hate to break it to you but this is an example of wifom. You are basically saying that you think he is town because he is doing something town would most likely do (btw, scum wants to look pro-town so they would do things to make them look pro-town)

While his scumhunting is not as effective as I would desire, he is absolutely trying

is he trying or could he be pretending? here is a quote from salandar

Scum dont scumhunt, they pretend to scumhunt, you cant genuinely scumhunt when you know who the scum are already.

how can you tell if rev is actually trying to scum hunt or just pretending?

Effectiveness is bred from experience, Rev, and you're doing well.

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean, I am assuming you are saying he will get better with time?

my point is, this entire game is WIFOM.

a town read is based on wifom just like a scum read is.

player A is town because he has said something or done something that I agree with so he must be town

is the same thing as

Player B is scum because he has said something or done something that I disagree with so he must be scum

which is the same thing as

Player C has done something that i don't think scum would do, so he must be town

so yeah my read on funky is WIFOM, but your earlier read on Rev is also WIFOM

you have to look at the motives behind the actions.

what would mafia have to gain by funky's play? it's a game of 22 people, which means there are 4 or 5 mafia probably and maybe a SK, why would scum claim to be a vig and risk being shot by the real vig?

Rev claimed vig also, so if funky is scum for claiming vig, than rev would be scum for claiming vig too.

but wait, he isn't scum for the vig claim, he is scum for his votes.

Can anyone point me to a game where mafia did something so obvious like bandwagon vote 2 people back to back without any sort of justification behind it? If you can than sure we can discuss it, but typically like Salandar said, scum wants to pretend to scum hunt. Funky isn't prentending to scum hunt, he is being completely useless and drawing attention to himself.

i honestly feel that scum would not do that, is it wifom? yes absolutely it is. If he is scum, I will have egg on my face, but why not let the cop investigate him(assuming we have one) and we go after somebody who fits the definition provided by Salandar

to remind people, this is what Salandar said scum does

Scum dont scumhunt, they pretend to scumhunt, you cant genuinely scumhunt when you know who the scum are already.

now look at Rev's ISO, and that is what you will see, somebody pretending to scum hunt.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Beck »

TheAd is townis because he is examining the wagon on somebody who I think is town, in an attempt to find the scum pushing the wagon.

This is an example of good scum hunting.

Sure it would be better if we knew 100% funky is town, but I don't.

plus some of the people he is targeting on the wagon are people I am also suspect of.

he is also defending himself well against the attacks made towards him (defending yourself especially when rev refuses to automatically makes him more town than rev)

I can see town motivation behind his play, where as I can not see town motivation in the attacks on him from you.

but it's basically comes down to gut and wifom I guess, he isn't a good lynch day 1 is all I am saying, not when there are other people more deserving of a lynch.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:48 am

Post by bvoigt »

I'll nitpick a bit:

In post 868, Beck wrote:2.
to me indicates that he is processing things in an uninformed, reasoning, deductive manner

hate to break it to you but this is an example of wifom. You are basically saying that you think he is town because he is doing something town would most likely do (btw, scum wants to look pro-town so they would do things to make them look pro-town)

That's not an example of WIFOM. That's the definition of a towntell: something that shows that a player is uninformed, and needs to use reasoning and deduction to figure out who the scum is.

In post 868, Beck wrote:
Can anyone point me to a game where mafia did something so obvious like bandwagon vote 2 people back to back without any sort of justification behind it?
If you can than sure we can discuss it, but typically like Salandar said, scum wants to pretend to scum hunt. Funky isn't prentending to scum hunt, he is being completely useless and drawing attention to himself.

Can you point me to a game where town did that?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Beck »

I probably could actually, I'll look over the weekend.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Beck »

Towntells are wifom, just like scumtells are.

I've seen scum commit town tells and town commit scumtells

So now what?

And yes I can probably find examples of that too.

I can probably find an example of scum not defending themselves too.

So now what?

I'll look for all of these this weekend if you would like me to, but only if after I waste my time, we can lynch rev and move on.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Slandaar »

Beck why are you using my opinion as fact when you find me suspicious?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

Is there a game where beck is scum and he posts a ton ?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”