NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 am

Post by theamatuer »

@slandaar: its not that I think you're scum right now, its that you're a null for me, and that your scumhunting consists of too many questions and not enough statements.
Most people that say you're town do not give a case, esp username. So yeah/
And funky should post info.
Its just whatever
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Revenus »

In post 850, Pine wrote:about I lay it out in bullet form. Respond to the following:-Your hypocrisy regarding IAAUN's fluffposting, followed by your own. (You somewhat responded to this.)-The circumstances of post 124. (Dismissed, did not engage.)-The dissonance represented by post 177. (Dismissed, did not engage.)-Defending theamateur on several occasions, then becoming paranoid about looking like you're defending someone who the Town is beginning to suspect. (Have not responded at all.)-Willingness to lynch anyone except the three you feel you can't justify it on. (Dodged the point. It was that you expressed a willingness to lynch almost anyone.)-Attempt to rally a serious PL on Beck (note that the difference here is that it was not a joke or frustration, but a serious attempt) after repeatedly stating a belief that Beck is Town. (Have not responded.)-Post 424 seems to express frustration at being caught for the wrong reasons, implying there are good reasons to lynch you. (Have not responded.)-Trolling Beck and engaging his return-trolling. (Have not responded.)

I don't feel it's hypocrisy; for me to have "one" fluff post among over a hundred when he has one fluff post in the one non joke post that he had so far when I called him out on it is somehow bad on my part? Come on.

I was engaging you in conversation; I wasn't trying to find any justifcation for anyone; just reasons why voting someone for stupid reasons COULD potentially prove someone as town; I townhunt as well as scumhunt because it helps with Process of Elimination.

I'll address the next two points in this one; I just played a game with theam where I started being very aggressive towards him very early in the game and he folded like a cheap chair and looked absolutely horrible. We never lynched him because some lurker came in and wanted the day to be over in 3 days of posting and so that derailed his lynch, but he turned out to be town; in this game he's giving far better effort and CLARITY and so for me it almost looks to good to be true, but at the same time I refuse to see his lynch happen day 1, and I am going to defend him unless I see something mindbogglingly stupid or intelligent (for me, he was almost incapable of providing intelligent thought in the first game)

At this point, my list of "acceptable" lynch candidates has dropped; far more players have been posting and giving content and my scope is narrowing. For me, like 4 days into a 3 week long day 1, I keep my mind open as far as lynch candidates go; day 1 is a shitshow, and if you really think we can nail scum for SURE on day 1, you're kidding yourself. It's what town gets from day 1 as far as connections, pressures, and willingness to jump on wagons and start trains that we are able to destroy scum from then on.

I've expressed that A. It's not a PL, and B. I don't feel Beck is town anymore.

If someone is going to try to attack me for one post, they should consider why I made that post; I'm not frustrated over being "caught" because I am not afraid of being "caught".

If someone is going to troll me, I'm going to admit that I'm probably not mature enough to not respond.

That good enough?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Revenus »

And my serious problem with people thinking Beck is town simply because he's "trying" to scumhunt is that his level of play appears to be so low that his scumhunting will not contribute in any way, and can distract and seriously take away from town's actual ability to scumhunt. If he's scum, his scummates can come in at any point where he's drawing suspicion and say "look, he's town! he's scumhunting! he's just bad!" and attack people for being "lazy" and attacking him for being ANTITOWN. It's inherently hard in a game to single out someone for say...lazy or inactive behavior when half the game is doing it (and I know half the game isn't scum), and so right now "bad" play (I know, I was doing it for theam) is being excused because that's simply how those players work. I think he's scum because everytime I bring something up, it's simply shot down because there's no way he could be scum right?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Beck »

Rev, each person has basically posted a reason if you read the CONTENT of their posts. It's quite easy to figure out. Instead you have just used more adhom to discredit these people, instead of defending yourself.

Now you ask why I capitalized content. Rev accused me of not taking into consideration the content of people's posts before calling them out.

How interesting it is, he is now doing what he accused me of doing.

P.edit - so more attacks on me? My level of play is so low, really? that's really uncalled for.

Your level of play this game is worse, cause you haven't scum hunted all day. Plus how am I distracting town by scumhunting people I think are scum? You aren't obvious town or even confirmed town so I'm distracting the entire population of the game because I'm suspicious of you? Because I've explained why people like funky and theAd shouldn't be lynched today, how I have complained that Shattered and Hiraki haven't contributed much and need pressure?

That's not distracting, THAT'S PLAYING THE GAME OF MAFIA

You are distracting by going after a Lurker and suggesting a policy lynch.

I mean everyone is annoyed with Hiraki and SV and their distraction efforts, yet I'm the one distracting town?
REALLY?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 900, theamatuer wrote:@slandaar: its not that I think you're scum right now, its that you're a null for me, and that your scumhunting consists of too many questions and not enough statements.
Most people that say you're town do not give a case, esp username. So yeah/
And funky should post info.

You might be town after all.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Revenus »

I used adhom in my response to Pine?

I'm not going after a lurker, my vote has been on you for a WHILE, and your lynch is not a policy lynch.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Slandaar »

@rev: can you present a case on beck if you are town please, I need to see your though process behind why you find beck scummy.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Revenus »

And Beck, the real thing I don't understand is why as soon as Pine starts questioning me, you accept him as town when in the previous 150 posts, your line of thought was that he was scum.

So although you think the both of us are scum, because one of us "turned" on the other, you accept them?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Revenus »

In post 906, Slandaar wrote:@rev: can you present a case on beck if you are town please, I need to see your though process behind why you find beck scummy.

If we don't get rid of him, scum will ride his ass to victory because you people will be too scared to lynch him on day 4.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Slandaar »

That does not make one scum.

It is just a PL which you said it wasnt?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Beck »

In post 898, Revenus wrote:For those people in the game who have been trying to explain their opinions, and not people like SV, DavidParker, funkybike who are voting me for NO reason, I ask you to look at the people on my wagon right now. Do you seriously think that this is a good train? We have SV, who all game has simply been going LOL IM SUCH A GOOD SCUMHUTNER, DavidParker, who has barely read the game, but sees that I'm the lynch leader and assumes that his vote is good from 30 pages ago, and funkybike who stuck his vote on me because he didn't want to be the lynch leader.

Apparently, responding to Beck in any way shape or form is bad, but I do need to comment on WIFOM. WIFOM only makes sense when it's really a 50/50 shot for scum/town (and in most cases, scum) to do something. Town doesn't need WIFOM unless they're trying to screw over scum at night, and this should be done in a way that doesn't hurt town. WIFOM *could* be applied to almost all cases, but there's a point where it just doesn't make sense in general to be used because of the chance that it won't work.

Responding to Pine's questions in the next post

This was the adhom attack I was referring to
you aren't voting a lurker now, but you were
you went from thinking I was town, to suggesting a policy lynch on me, to now thinking I am scum, when there are people telling you I am not scum and I am obvious town.

And why do you think I am scum? I am not sure, other than I am stupid, retarded, asinine, and you say I am pretending to scum hunt and distracting the town.

also, you would know why pine isn't high on my list anymore if you read my posts. I wrote down all the reasons for my votes, all the reasons for your votes, and all the reasons for pine's votes

my reasons were good
your reasons were not
pine's early reasons were bad but his later reasons were good.

Pine isn't confirmed town, but he isn't someone i want to lynch day 1.

p.edit - so somebody asks you to make a case on me and you reply with

If we don't get rid of him, scum will ride his ass to victory because you people will be too scared to lynch him on day 4.

make a case on me, BUT FIRST

DEFEND YOURSELF FROM THE PEOPLE VOTING YOU
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Beck »

In post 909, Slandaar wrote:That does not make one scum.

winner winner chicken dinner

@ Rev, in order to get the required number of votes to lynch me, somebody is going to have to make a convincing case, without one all it boils down to is a policy lynch.

you say i am "pretending to scum hunt" well prove it with links or quotes

I have made the same claim and have pointed to examples (ala you pushing sword of omen for starters)

it's time to put up or please just be quiet
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Revenus »

In post 909, Slandaar wrote:That does not make one scum.

It's not.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Revenus »

Unless it's a PL to lynch scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Slandaar »

rev, why is beck scummy?

you may think hes terrible at the game, that does not make him scummy however.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

Rev, I need to know how much experience do you have playing mafia?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Revenus »

I've been playing for years
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Beck »

Rev, who have I "pretended" to scum hunt?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Revenus »

Your scumhunting is retarded. You attack Pine for half the game then act like he's town when he's questioning me.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Beck »

In post 916, Revenus wrote:I've been playing for years

So have I, which is why I'm pretty sure my case on you is solid, username's case is solid, funky's reason is p.good too. SV and DP's not so much.

If you look at everyone voting you, I have the best case, SV has the worst. Yet you attack me...

Looks like OMGUS really, if I'm wrong about you, explain why I'm wrong. I would love to lynch SV today, but you haven't given me a reason to think you are town.

P.edit - my scumhunting is retarded isn't an acceptable response.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Slandaar »

beck which post best outlines your case?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Revenus »

Beck, it would like OMGUS if I hadn't voted you first. Wait, I guess it still looks like OMGUS
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Beck »

The big post with the spoilers, the one where I explain my case on zde, pine, and rev.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Slandaar »

I think rev is town
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Revenus »

I also don't like Pine attempting to limit our lynches to 3 targets when we have 10 days left.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”