NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Faraday »

Not explaining your votes isn't a scumtell, I do it all the time. So you're voting him to prove a point? That's idiotic if true. Do you think he's scum too? Who else is scum?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

oh and to whomever said they hoped I was gonna be good, enjoy me in my full glory.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 135, Pine wrote:
Unvote
Vote: ZeL1nK

The lady doth protest too much.

Explain this Pine, I expect better from you. (Zelink IS and WAS obvtown,) I don't buy for a second you believe that calling onself town is a scumtell so what gives?
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Pine my most suspect at this point. Really cbf going through all the crap that has happened over the last almost 10 pages with Beck and Rev. Have kind of lost touch with this game because of it, but will be picking it up again. Sorry for lack of, well everything. And the nub comments
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 971, Faraday wrote:I don't understand your question vijay - I find your SV vote scummy.

In post 693, vijay2vasandani wrote:Um ThAd, I talked about how I thought sorgster was jumping on every single wagon, instead of thinking before doing it, which has been corrected and I have retracted.
Also, I am voting him because I think his being cocky is a bluff to cover his scumminess. Originally I thought it was just arrogance but when he continued to do it, I felt he was bluffing.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Sky »

Jesus, this game increased by like 8 pages since I last posted. I'm considering replacing out because I feel like I am hindering this game. Anyhow, I got to where I last posted before I got eye strain. The thing that stuck out the most for me is that Slandaar assumes some things will happen over night, like a vig kill. And he's real vague about, like he's pretending he doesn't know something about the set up. I still honestly see no reason to not lynch funky. He's worse than me after all!
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

In post 888, Beck wrote:
In post 886, Slandaar wrote:btw in neither of those scum games was your post count anywhere near your town levels, you may want to look into that assuming you are town here...

Plus those 2 scum games were minis, not the full 12 people so that factors in too.

On this site, mini games are up to 13 people. Wanna try to reword that so it makes even the tiniest bit of logical sense??

In post 946, Beck wrote:Salandar, i don't think you are in the position to say who we are and aren't lynching today.
In post 941, Beck wrote:If rev isn't getting lynched today, it's SV or Hiraki.

How does this work? You can dictate who to be lynched, but no one else can? Eat rope, babe.

In post 960, Faraday wrote:
In post 958, Faraday wrote:sky/zelink/salandaar/revenus are all town

+ beck

You really need to lay off the liquor, sweetheart. It's rotting your brain.

In post 973, sorgster wrote:
In post 659, sorgster wrote:
In post 655, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I swear, am I going to have to lead you little children by the hand this entire fucking game? If so, please just tell me now, so I can clear my schedule. :roll:

So you are bluffing.

Unvote
Vote Shattered

Tell us the obvious wise one.

I refuse to remove my vote until he tells us the obvious.

I'll just refer you here.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Slandaar »

@Faraday: explain this funky read

In post 980, Sky wrote:And he's real vague about, like he's pretending he doesn't know something about the set up.

Am I?

SV is a decent vote, the funky and rev wagons are bad though.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by Slandaar »

faradays reads: theres a couple odd ones funky/SV/sky

need explanation in more detail.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:20 am

Post by bvoigt »

Apparently I never did this:

UNVOTE: funkybike
VOTE: popsofctown

In post 900, theamatuer wrote:@slandaar: its not that I think you're scum right now, its that you're a null for me, and that your scumhunting consists of too many questions and not enough statements.
Most people that say you're town do not give a case, esp username. So yeah/
And funky should post info.

What is wrong with asking questions instead of stating things? Do you think it's scummy?

Revenus: Can you answer my questions? They may not seem like much, but I do think they'll help me get a read on you.

In post 929, popsofctown wrote:
In post 915, Slandaar wrote:Rev, I need to know how much experience do you have playing mafia?

Revenus is at Glorklike levels and is (rather evidently) a grandmaster of the game of mafia. We are blessed that he has graced us with his participation in this game. His mastery of every nuance of the game lets him tap into scumtells everyone else misses

I thought that was Shattered Viewpoint!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:37 am

Post by Pine »

In post 977, Faraday wrote:
In post 135, Pine wrote:
Unvote

Explain this Pine, I expect better from you. (Zelink IS and WAS obvtown,) I don't buy for a second you believe that calling onself town is a scumtell so what gives?

Keep reading. It was a sarcastic/frustration-driven vote that didn't have my weight behind it.

By the way, folks, I'd like to caution you to take Faraday's posts with a few grains of salt. I've heard him boast about having never been lynched as scum, which is quite an exceptional achievement. I was leaning towards Town on IAAUN, but there wasn't much to work with. Just be careful, Faraday is outstanding as Town but truly masterful as scum.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Beck »

On this site, mini games are up to 13 people. Wanna try to reword that so it makes even the tiniest bit of logical sense??

Fine, I guess they were micro-games

How does this work? You can dictate who to be lynched, but no one else can? Eat rope, babe.

Cause I'm way more obvious town than him, plus I'm fine eating rope today if town will promise to lynch you or rev tomorrow, I'm town, maybe you want to MAKE A FUCKING CASE AGAINST ME OR SHUT UP AND DIE YOURSELF.
It seems you think I'm scum cause of a PL comment, if that's all you got, YOU need to stop drinking the liquor. It's pretty bad when DK plays better than you, and he was known as the worst player on site. I'd be embarrassed if I were you.

Carry on.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:07 am

Post by theamatuer »

In post 984, bvoigt wrote:Apparently I never did this:

UNVOTE: funkybike
VOTE: popsofctown

In post 900, theamatuer wrote:@slandaar: its not that I think you're scum right now, its that you're a null for me, and that your scumhunting consists of too many questions and not enough statements.
Most people that say you're town do not give a case, esp username. So yeah/
And funky should post info.

What is wrong with asking questions instead of stating things? Do you think it's scummy?

Revenus: Can you answer my questions? They may not seem like much, but I do think they'll help me get a read on you.

In post 929, popsofctown wrote:
In post 915, Slandaar wrote:Rev, I need to know how much experience do you have playing mafia?

Revenus is at Glorklike levels and is (rather evidently) a grandmaster of the game of mafia. We are blessed that he has graced us with his participation in this game. His mastery of every nuance of the game lets him tap into scumtells everyone else misses

I thought that was Shattered Viewpoint!

Well its more or less a psychological issue, but issuing your thoughts through questions instead of statements makes people subconsiously agree with you more often.
In post 985, Pine wrote:
In post 977, Faraday wrote:
In post 135, Pine wrote:
Unvote

Keep reading. It was a sarcastic/frustration-driven vote that didn't have my weight behind it.

By the way, folks, I'd like to caution you to take Faraday's posts with a few grains of salt. I've heard him boast about having never been lynched as scum, which is quite an exceptional achievement. I was leaning towards Town on IAAUN, but there wasn't much to work with. Just be careful, Faraday is outstanding as Town but truly masterful as scum.

Well assuming he got a best town act scummy, I'd hope so.
Its just whatever
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Slandaar »

theama, i ask questions, that is my style.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Slandaar »

ThAdmiral is scum part 2.
In post 139, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 116, ZeL1nK wrote:yo, catching up.
sky wrote:Town lists are awful. You know who likes finding town? Scum. This is always a red flag for me when someone looks for town over scum.

You are wrong.

I agree with this.
It feels like sky is overreacting to seem like: "hay guise, I'm hunting scum!"

This is ThAd's reason for voting sky, its fine for an early stage vote I guess but there isnt really any meat behind it.

In post 305, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 301, Sky wrote:Here's my problem with townlists. It's Day 1. There's nothing much to go off of. To find pro town traits in someone this early in the game is questionable. Yes, there are people who are more town than others, and people who are scummier. But this doesn't establish them as town. Now, I need a lot of reading to do and seeing that is the weekend, I don't have the time to do it.

I also disagree with this. Not saying that reads can't change but you can sometimes get pretty clear signals about other people alignments, even on day one. I don't get how you could be up to date enough to know this is a relevant comment, but you also say you need to read and you don't comment on anything else?
I'm happy with my vote.

@ everyone else: sky is slipping under the radar pretty comfortably right now. Need moar votes on him.

Here is the only other reason we are given. Again it is hardly very convincing, I do not see the scummyness in it at all.

In post 573, ThAdmiral wrote:
Well obv sky is my main scum read at the moment. Other than that I have a bunch of town reads, and then there's a lot of other people who I basically can't distinguish because they haven't really done anything.

So at post 573!! sky is ThAd's biggest scum read, for what exactly?

Well, ThAd is just tunnelling someone whos an easy target (a lurker)

Why 500 posts into the game is this the summiest player? it really makes no sense. Why not soda? or sword? or any of the other numerous people with approximately 0 content.

Its because ThAd is scum.

More evidence: ThAd's input into the game was minimal, he was putting in just enough to slip under the radar but not be considered a lurker. His input drastically increases when I call him out. Before that he did not really contribute at all, what was he called out on? claiming sky, myself and soda were good to look at as our votes were 3/4/5 on funky, a read he cannot explain adequately. He wanted to justify his sky is scum read anyway he could...
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 981, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:You really need to lay off the liquor, sweetheart. It's rotting your brain.

(not drinking till christmas as it happens)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 983, Slandaar wrote:faradays reads: theres a couple odd ones funky/SV/sky

need explanation in more detail.

SV is mostly meta, I don't expect scum SV/NS to post the type of post where he called out a whole scumteam, I completely disagree with a lot of his conclusions and all but it rings townish with the way he approached it. that;s #187, it looks really fucking townish.

Sky is mostly http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3513423 town for that. it's more likely to be a newb town thought process, also if you need more recent things his latest post http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p3533521 the language used here 'hindering the game' seems honest and more likely to come from town.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p3521742 is newbtown and not newbscum.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 985, Pine wrote:By the way, folks, I'd like to caution you to take Faraday's posts with a few grains of salt. I've heard him boast about having never been lynched as scum, which is quite an exceptional achievement. I was leaning towards Town on IAAUN, but there wasn't much to work with. Just be careful, Faraday is outstanding as Town but truly masterful as scum.

what the FUCK is this shit?

why wasn't this said BEFORE i started posting? oh I have a scum read on you, HEY GUYS just pointing out that faraday's kinda awesome as scum be ware of the souless irish man for he eats children? like wat. I don't get why you would feel the need to post this.

(also lynched without a cop guilty, but that was a newbie game i replaced into and barely counts <_<)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Pine »

Forgot about it until I started posting. I like most of what you have to say, and it occurred to me as I was reading to read your opinions carefully, just as I do with ThAd. You'll notice in my first wallpost (344 I think?) that I comment to similar effect about him. I have had experiences with both of you that make me extra cautious. Specifically, recalling your performance in Mini 1137, despite you being my post-mortem ally, got me both really nervous about playing against you. I don't know whose side you're on.

See, when you have that kind of "blew my socks off" experience, it's something you want to share with the class.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Pine »

And you're noticeably exaggerating how much I vilified you. "Grain of salt, this guy's really good" does not equate to "Soulless baby-eater". AtE noted.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Faraday »

I have a propensity for exaggeration.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 993, Pine wrote:Forgot about it until I started posting. I like most of what you have to say, and it occurred to me as I was reading to read your opinions carefully, just as I do with ThAd. You'll notice in my first wallpost (344 I think?) that I comment to similar effect about him. I have had experiences with both of you that make me extra cautious. Specifically, recalling your performance in Mini 1137, despite you being my post-mortem ally, got me both really nervous about playing against you. I don't know whose side you're on.

oh never mind, then. i didn't notice that thing about thad actually.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Faraday »

have you ever done that before in a game? it seems weird to bring up in thread to me, although it might just be healthy town paranoia.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Pine »

I've noticed your propensity for exaggeration.

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3025848]From 1137 (best moment)[/ur]

PE: Iunno. I feel like I have, but I can't think of specific examples. It's the kind of thing I'd do in RVS, but you replaced in. Actually, come to think of it, I have a concrete example of it that I did a couple of days ago, but it's in an ongoing game. I had a three- or four-month absence here (hence sig) so nothing's really fresh in my mind except ongoing and impressions.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Slandaar »

so, you guys wanna vote ThAd with me or what?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”