ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Unvote:AlabaskaJ

This isn't happening today. Gotta take some time to make sure I feel Jackalope over dry-fit.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 825, The Fonz wrote:
In post 818, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 817, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 816, PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.
Vote: BBMolla

Others were able to speculate without claiming anything. And your claim for no reason doesn't make sense to me. A town PR would never do it without the spectre of lynching.

where does he claim…

Post 789 sure sounds like one (see post 799)

No, it doesn't. You asked him why there was only one NK in a game with two scumteams. The possible answers for that are:

1. A team forgot to submit a kill
2. One of the kills targeted the same player as either the vig or other scumteam
3. A power role (or BP) stopped one of the scumteams from killing.

He can't possibly know whether either of the first two are true unless he's scum in which case he's not admitting to it, and so the only possible motive for your question is to find out whether he knows anything about whether it might be 3). IE, trying to find out if he has a power role. What else could you possibly have been trying to find out with that question?

You're now further rolefishing him by the way you're pushing this 'He claimed' shit that, if BBMolla isn't careful, could lead to him dropping a hint that could indicate whether or not he has a pr.

So you read his response to my original post. What are your thoughts on my original post?

In post 741, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 737, Otolia wrote:So after Toasty, we have Alabaska doing walls of the past. Great !

@PeregrineV
: What are your conclusions on the 'votecount' you did ? Do you see patterns or anything valuable ? If not, was it useful at all ?

I think we are heading in a wall right now. Neither Dry-Fit nor TheJakalope are defending themselves actively. For me it means that they are not town PR because those are most likely feeling the burden of responsibility (particularly for newer players), so it leaves us with them being scum or VT. Since we can't agree on one of them, I suggest switching all our votes on somebody else (like sorgster for example) at once. Remember that the day is dawning soon.

Right now it's telling me that 64% of the IceGuy voters are voting Dry-Fit or Jakalope right now.
It also tells me if you are voting Jakalope or Dry-Fit, where were you voting yesterday at days end?

I don't conclude as much from it as I would like. Since there are two teams, I was hoping to get a better view of the blocks of voters.

Global Warming, StefanB, Oversoul are voting together when you look at the two.
TheJakalope, TheFonz, BBmolla, Yosarian2, David Xanatos are voting together also.

Now, let's go back to this:
In post 540, Otolia wrote:
In post 536, Wraith wrote:Ghostlin, if you vigged EC then why wasn't there a second scumkill?

Protective roles, Roleblocking roles.

If town did the roleblocking of one of the scum, then they would probably come in with a great case on the person in order to get them voted without revealing themselves. Scum roleblocker roleblocking the other scumteams kill, not so much.
These are the srating votes on the current wagons.

In post 531, Global Warming wrote:
Vote: Jackalope

This will be the lynch for today. He is just making blunt statements that sometimes do not even make sense.

In post 533, BBmolla wrote:@Wraith: I voted IceGuy based off of scummy play near that time. I read enough of him to find him scummy(and I ISO'd him to make sure), but I hadn't gotten a chance to truly read the whole thread and get a grasp of everyone.

@Muffin: Could you make a case on alabaska? I'm not seeing it.

In my initial reread, I found David X scummy. But I think it may just be because of his family issues limiting the commitment he could put into this game, making it look scummy.

VOTE: Dry-Fit

Something about this guy bugs me, I can't put my finger on it. Want to put him more in the spotlight.

So assuming one of the two is on the team that blocked the kill, even if not the actual RBer, I can look at those teams (initial voter bolded).

TheJakalope, TheFonz,
BBmolla
, Yosarian2, David Xanatos

Global Warming
, StefanB, Oversoul

So, this is what I got out of it.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 825, The Fonz wrote:
In post 818, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 817, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 816, PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.
Vote: BBMolla

Others were able to speculate without claiming anything. And your claim for no reason doesn't make sense to me. A town PR would never do it without the spectre of lynching.

where does he claim…

Post 789 sure sounds like one (see post 799)

No, it doesn't. You asked him why there was only one NK in a game with two scumteams. The possible answers for that are:

1. A team forgot to submit a kill
2. One of the kills targeted the same player as either the vig or other scumteam
3. A power role (or BP) stopped one of the scumteams from killing.

He can't possibly know whether either of the first two are true unless he's scum in which case he's not admitting to it, and so the only possible motive for your question is to find out whether he knows anything about whether it might be 3). IE, trying to find out if he has a power role. What else could you possibly have been trying to find out with that question?

You're now further rolefishing him by the way you're pushing this 'He claimed' shit that, if BBMolla isn't careful, could lead to him dropping a hint that could indicate whether or not he has a pr.

Then lets go back to this.

1. So out of a team of 3-4 people, they all just "forgot"? Likelihood= very very small.
2. So out of 21-22 choices, those 3 or 4 people picked the exact same player as the other 3-4 people? Likelihood= very very small.
3. Maybe. So I speculated that one of the teams RBed the kill, and are now trying to lynch that roleblocked player.
What do you think about that?
You speculate that one of the teams hit a bulletproof. If that was true, how would they think to kill him? By lynching. Which means the wagons are more than random; there is something behind them.
What are your thoughts on that?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 848, Empking's Alt wrote:
In post 847, StefanB wrote:Dry-Fit and TJ not posting anythink while they are the leadwaggon is striking.

TJ's on V/La

Not like it would have mattered. He doesn't post anyway.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 837, DarthYoshi wrote:@Alabaska's #814: Again with the hunting in terms of scumbuddies before there are flips. How is this useful scumhunting? Combined with the defensive nature of this post, it's definitely scummy. Still not as scummy as Dry or Jak, but you're worth lynching.

how come you call me out on it but not other people who make bold declarations like that? mine was obviously more lighthearted than, say, ZMuffinMan's facepalm. and i don't think addressing questions about you is defensive at all. care to explain how my post was defensive? what do you think about my ACTUAL scumhunting and not my joke comments? did you even bother to read those posts?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 850, ToastyToast wrote:

This isn't happening today. Gotta take some time to make sure I feel Jackalope over dry-fit.

so you still believe i am a good lynch even though i am no longer making the posts you thought it was scummy for me to make?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 847, StefanB wrote:Alabaska: I think your catchuppost is helpful, but to put it simple:

Day 1: Bogre: StefanB is scum with Otalia.
Alabaska: I agree with that. (Used the Fos)

i'll stop you right here, as this is the source of the confusion. i agreed the post was fishy, but i never said that i was 100% sure they were a scum team. i was just acknowledging that Bogre made a good point that the post did not look very good. i think you were reading too much into my agreement (which is partially my fault, as i didn't state what my actual opinion on the post was)
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Dry-fit »

This sucks. Jack isn't gonna be back till the day before the deadline and it looks like it's eaither him or me. Jak isn't who I want to lynch right now but still it looks like i'll have to
Unvote. Vote: TheJakelope

The problem here is we may not be able to get a claim from him.

Fonz I know you think I've been agreeing with everyone and not gaiving any original reads, but how has a player like BBmolla been any different? I fyou lynch me at least lynch him next. There's a guy who's been doing a lot of slipping under the radar.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:02 am

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 855, Alabaska J wrote:

so you still believe i am a good lynch even though i am no longer making the posts you thought it was scummy for me to make?

1) Your posting is better, but not obvtown. You still do the whole one-line commentary thing that was bothering me
2) You haven't done enough to make my read do a 180, so I would say you've risen on my list, but only to null-leaning-scum.
3) You being all like "yeah, so did your read change yet? Did it? Are you gonna unvote me now?" makes me *twitch*

So basically, I don't think you would be today's best lynch, but I also don't have some new town-read on you.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:15 am

Post by BBmolla »

Peregrine what did I claim. I'm still waiting for an answer.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 858, ToastyToast wrote:
In post 855, Alabaska J wrote:

1) Your posting is better, but not obvtown. You still do the whole one-line commentary thing that was bothering me
2) You haven't done enough to make my read do a 180, so I would say you've risen on my list, but only to null-leaning-scum.
3) You being all like "yeah, so did your read change yet? Did it? Are you gonna unvote me now?" makes me *twitch*

So basically, I don't think you would be today's best lynch, but I also don't have some new town-read on you.

that's fine; i guess i thought your case was more based on my lack of posting than it really was. i thought you meant one-lined posts as opposed to one-line arguments. i gotcha. sorry lol i didn't mean to come off like that, but i personally feel that if someone is voting for me, there is a simple miscommunication behind it, so when i'm searching for what it is it can come off a little like that lol
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by sorgster »

Otholia keeps avoiding getting lynched.

Vote TheJak

We need someone lynched this phase.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 859, BBmolla wrote:Peregrine what did I claim. I'm still waiting for an answer.

What are you trying to do here? I really don't understand.

Peregrine and myself, at least, believe you softclaimed a PR. That doesn't mean we know exactly what you softclaimed. So if you yourself know that you never hardclaimed or even softclaimed a
specific
role then why are you asking? Because Peregrine avoiding an unanswerable question isn't scummy, and it seems to me that you are trying to make it so.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 862, Wraith wrote:
In post 859, BBmolla wrote:Peregrine what did I claim. I'm still waiting for an answer.

Peregrine and myself, at least, believe you softclaimed a PR. That doesn't mean we know exactly what you softclaimed. So if you yourself know that you never hardclaimed or even softclaimed a
specific
role then why are you asking? Because Peregrine avoiding an unanswerable question isn't scummy, and it seems to me that you are trying to make it so.

No. Peregrine said I claimed. So me "softclaiming" makes me a good lynch target?

I'm not gonna say anything more. It was rolefishing and still is.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Otolia »

Week-end prod evasion \o/ yay me !
Deadline is approaching very quickly -> I don't like that feeling of urgency. Is TheJakalope getting lynched or not ? If not, which person seems the most scummy target.

PS : I probably won't post more in the next 36 hours, but I'll try to read the thread.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 863, BBmolla wrote:

specific

No. Peregrine said I claimed. So me "softclaiming" makes me a good lynch target?

Softclaiming as town was bad. Softclaiming as scum would be in an attempt to not get lynched.

I am voting you because
1. Your part of one of the groups in 741.
2. Unnecessary softclaim in 789.

Now, unless a bunch of people ISO you are find you scummy in the next two days, you probably won't be lynched.
But, I find you scummy enough for now to keep my vote on you.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Magua »

David Xanatos, Bogre prodded.

Vote Count 2.12

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

TheJakalope (9): Global Warming, Ghostlin, StefanB, Otolia, DarthYoshi, Oversoul, Alabaska J, Maxous, sorgster
Dry-Fit (6): BBmolla, The Fonz, Yosarian2, David Xanatos, Empking's Alt, zMuffinMan
BBmolla (3): Wraith, Dry-fit, PeregrineV
Alabaska J (1): TheJakalope
sorgster (1): Bogre

Not voting (2): whispersilk, ToastyToast

V/LA: TheJakalope (10/24), DarthYoshi (10/24)

Deadline is October 25th, at 11:00am EST.
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-10-25 11:00:00)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 865, PeregrineV wrote:

specific

Softclaiming as town was bad. Softclaiming as scum would be in an attempt to not get lynched.

I am voting you because

Now, unless a bunch of people ISO you are find you scummy in the next two days, you probably won't be lynched.

refusing to speculate≠softclaim. i think you are missing an "if" in that post. the way it is worded, at least to my interpretation, is him saying that
if
he had a role, revealing any knowledge of why the nightkill didn't occur would be tantamount to claiming, which even you agree would have been a bad idea.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Bogre »

UNVOTE

There are more players I find scummy on the Jakalope wagon. In fact, most of the players I find scummy are on it.

This makes me suspicious that this is a bussing of Jak, rather than riding a mislynch.

VOTE: JAK
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:33 am

Post by StefanB »

TJ hasn't defended himself for nearly the whole day, so my point stands, even if VLA. His last 4 post before the VLA were horrible and no defence either.
Peregrines case is bad. Well it makes me think more about Peregrine as scum, as with BMola.
To much ifs for my liking to believe in that case.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 868, Bogre wrote:
UNVOTE

There are more players I find scummy on the Jakalope wagon. In fact, most of the players I find scummy are on it.

This makes me suspicious that this is a bussing of Jak, rather than riding a mislynch.

VOTE: JAK

dat wifom
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 867, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 865, PeregrineV wrote:

specific

I am voting you because

refusing to speculate≠softclaim. i think you are missing an "if" in that post. the way it is worded, at least to my interpretation, is him saying that
if
he had a role, revealing any knowledge of why the nightkill didn't occur would be tantamount to claiming, which even you agree would have been a bad idea.

I think you and I (and Peregrine?) have a different way of viewing "refusal to speculate." If someone asked me that question (I would have answered but) and I didn't want to speculate, then I would have said "I don't know dude. Can't speculate without tons of WIFOM." But BBmolla immediately jumped to the conclusion that he was "rolefishing" instead. Why did he think that? You tell me.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:37 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Ooops

FYI, I've thought about it and would prefer Jackalope over Dry-fit, any day. Rather lynch someone whose low on my scum-list than someone whose not really on my radar.

Vote:Jackalope
I counted so it should be L-1

Deleted duplicate post

Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

and now we wait for jak's V/LA to end so he can claim…assuming he posts immediately afterwards
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum