NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Emptyquoting=bad
But yeah, don’t get yourself modkilled as it’ll force end the day and that we don’t want.
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by theamatuer »

and shut up rev,
Its just whatever
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Sorry, can I get the cases on me? So at least I can do something.in this game?
coming back after a 3 year break.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Sky »

Vote: sword of omens

I know he's been V/LA for the weekend, but seriously, this guy has been flying under the radar. Dude hasn't even voted the entire game.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Revenus »

I'm down with a sword of omens wagon.
UNVOTE:
##Vote:Sword o Omens
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

May as well chuck a vote in. VOTE: Sword

Nothing really to say though
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Fourteenth:

Shattered Viewpoint (5): sorgster, vijay2vasandani, Pine, Beck, theamatuer

sword_of_omens (3): Sky, revenus, ScreamingHawk
vijay2vasandani (3): IAAUN/Faraday, popsofctown, ZeL1nk
Revenus (2): DavidParker, Shattered Viewpoint
Popsofctown (2): bvoigt, Zdenek
funkybike1 (1): SodaSpirit17
Slandaar (1): ThAdmiral
Zdenek (1): Hiraki
ThAdmiral (1): Slandaar
Not Voting (3): Primate, sword_of_omens, funkybike1

WITH TWENTY-TWO ALIVE, IT'S TWELVE TO LYNCH.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 2ND @ 10PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

Zdenek's V/LA is noted.

Primate and SodaSpirit17 are both being prodded.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

- page 35 -

In post 851, Slandaar wrote:Also using ThAd's reasoning that funkys wagon went too well so hes town, I will use said logic to prove ThAd is scum by reversing it, if a wagon does not go well its because they are scum. So lets get to voting ThAd ya?

How many times does slandaar have to logic fail before you people will vote him? Srsly guys.

- page 36 -

In post 892, Pine wrote:PE: Okay, I think it's time to draw a line in the sand. Looking at that vote count, it is very clear that we're down to three reasonable candidates for today's lynch. Revenus, Funkybike, and Shattered Viewpoint.

I disagree. Still lots to talk about. Not the time to round down the suspects.

In post 899, Slandaar wrote:can someone lay out the case on shattered? he hasnt contributed much and is pretty delusional but I have not really seen any scummy behaviour as such

Hmm. slandaar making sense. Credit where it is due.

- page 37 -

In post 924, Revenus wrote:I also don't like Pine attempting to limit our lynches to 3 targets when we have 10 days left.

Agreed.

- page 38 -

In post 926, Slandaar wrote:Shattered is delusional and isnt a bad lynch

Wait, what? You just said you "have not really seen any scummy behaviour as such". I was actually starting to feel you might be town, but that feeling has died.

In post 929, popsofctown wrote:
In post 915, Slandaar wrote:Rev, I need to know how much experience do you have playing mafia?

Revenus is at Glorklike levels and is (rather evidently) a grandmaster of the game of mafia. We are blessed that he has graced us with his participation in this game. His mastery of every nuance of the game lets him tap into scumtells everyone else misses, like

In post 602, Revenus wrote:And your outburst lasted for about 60 posts, and it was the very definition of stupid posting, so we should be voting you.

In post 793, Revenus wrote:Statements like "youre both town" scream: "I know you're both town because I know who everone in town is and it suits my purpose to tell you who is town because guess what? I'm scum"

The best plan of action is probably to direct both the the cop and doc to Revenus, confirm his alignment, and then proxy all our votes to him for the rest of the game. Because we know, on His Revenus's good authority, that Revenus has epochs of experience in a magical faraway land, catching scum redhanded and vigging the remaining ones at night, whether or not he actually has a vigilante role, because he's just that good.

- - - If I actually believed Revenus was as experienced as he claims to be, I would be voting him since page 5 or so, indefinitely.

I know this is taking up a lot of space but I had to quote this in full. Hilarious.

In post 931, Revenus wrote:Thanks for noticing I was better than you pops, you stupid shit.

Classy response.

(say what you will about this game it's damn entertaining)

- page 39 -

In post 954, Faraday wrote:Sup.

Hi faraday. Um, where did you come from?

In post 958, Faraday wrote:
sky
/zelink/
salandaar
/revenus are all town

Booo. Shit replacement. :P

In post 966, Faraday wrote:
In post 674, vijay2vasandani wrote:Sorgster, you seem to keep jumping on every available wagon. However, I have to agree that SV is an idiot. For fucks sake, you can't get it right this early. If you do, its a guess. You are bluffing.

VOTE: Shattered Viewpoint

YES, I'VE GOT SCUM. I'M JUST THAT GOOD!
Stop being cocky as fuck. Please.

vote Vijay

better than all the other garbage wagons people seem to be stuck on, SV is obviously town

This is good. I wouldn't say sv is obv town but that was a bad vote by vijay.

- page 40 -

In post 985, Pine wrote:By the way, folks, I'd like to caution you to take Faraday's posts with a few grains of salt. I've heard him boast about having never been lynched as scum, which is quite an exceptional achievement. I was leaning towards Town on IAAUN, but there wasn't much to work with. Just be careful, Faraday is outstanding as Town but truly masterful as scum.

Pointless paranoia-mongering.

In post 991, Faraday wrote:Sky is mostly http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3513423 town for that. it's more likely to be a newb town thought process, also if you need more recent things his latest post http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p3533521 the language used here 'hindering the game' seems honest and more likely to come from town.

Don't agree with first link. That sounds to me like cliche "trying to sound town" scum propaganda. Everyone hears in their first few games "townlists are bad" or something of that ilk so it's easy to parrot that sentiment. The second one is from after you had decided sky was town so is moot.

In post 993, Pine wrote:Forgot about it until I started posting. I like most of what you have to say, and it occurred to me as I was reading to read your opinions carefully, just as I do with ThAd. You'll notice in my first wallpost (344 I think?) that I comment to similar effect about him. I have had experiences with both of you that make me extra cautious. Specifically, recalling your performance in Mini 1137, despite you being my post-mortem ally, got me both really nervous about playing against you. I don't know whose side you're on.

See, when you have that kind of "blew my socks off" experience, it's something you want to share with the class.

Hmm. Still don't like it, but slightly less so.

- page 41 -

In post 1008, Revenus wrote:slandaar makes some good points on thead

orly?

In post 1016, Slandaar wrote:Im thinking we should lynch SV even though ThAd is scummiest player by a long shot.

if he flips scum which there is a fairly decent chance too then alls good we can celebrate etc.

however, if he flips town, we have some super solid scum reads right? we are guaranted 3/4 scum from his reads which we can now trust... so this seems to benefit us also... I see no reason not to lynch him in fact

unless, his reads are not as good as he claims...

what do you think SV?

Not sure if serious?

- page 42 -

In post 1035, vijay2vasandani wrote:Actually, I agree with Slandaar's assessment of the SV situation. If he is scum, which I think he is, then we can all celebrate, if not, we have brilliant town reads that we can all rely on.

You too?
Welcome to my scum list, friend.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

- page 43 -

In post 1064, Slandaar wrote:This response doesn't even make sense, 'thought I knew funky was town' makes perfect sense with what I said.

You are saying:
a) I'm scum because I've indicated I KNOW funky is
town
b) funky is bussing/funky is
scum

These two statements are incompatible and show cognitive dissonance.

- page 44 -

In post 1079, Beck wrote:@TheAD, I'll probably switch to Salandar before day 1 is over, but for now I'm leaving my vote on SV. He is playing like how Elliberth did in another game and Eli was scum. Experienced players think they can get away with trolling and being thought of as town, im not falling for it. If he is town he needs to stop his bad play or he will get lynched.

I suggest people change their vote to him. If he is a town read, you need a real compelling reason why.

Good to hear re: your opinion of slandaar. My stance on SV is that he is trolling and will have to participate properly sooner or later, but hasn't actually committed any scum tells. We'll be able to get a better read on him then. In the mean time, however there are more solid cases on other people.
What are your thoughts on vijay btw? Another good option imo.

In post 1082, Sky wrote:I think SV is looking more anti-town than scum. He's being a conceited son of a bitch, and to me this suggests the behavior of a bored townie or something. By no means is he helpful, I see him more in the troll direction.

This is pretty much how I feel.

In post 1092, popsofctown wrote:@ThAd - sorry, I prefer
the air
vijay.

No apology necessary, this is acceptable.

- page 45 -

In post 1102, vijay2vasandani wrote:Sorry, can I get the cases on me? So at least I can do something.in this game?

Its there for you to see. I mention parts of it in my post just before this one.

In post 1103, Sky wrote:
Vote: sword of omens

I know he's been V/LA for the weekend, but seriously, this guy has been flying under the radar. Dude hasn't even voted the entire game.

In post 1104, Revenus wrote:I'm down with a sword of omens wagon.
UNVOTE:
##Vote:Sword o Omens

In post 1105, ScreamingHawk wrote:May as well chuck a vote in. VOTE: Sword

Nothing really to say though

three sword of omens votes in a row. Weird. As sky mentioned he's v/la. So...wtf?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Pine »

ThAd is starting to turn my opinion of him. He's back around neutral, maybe slightly above now.

I particularly agree with his assessment of Sky's 1082 and the sudden wagon on Sword of Omens. I'm done defending the chronic lurkers, though. At this point, they either need to show up and be active or replace out. Failing to do one of those two things is unacceptably anti-Town behavior.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

Faraday wrote:Revenus (5): DavidParker, Shattered Viewpoint, iamausername, Beck, funkybike1

You called this wagon horseshit. That's David, you and 3 people you think are town.

Do you think David is scum? Or do you think scum are completely avoiding the Revenus wagon for some reason?
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Sorry, what was wrong with Slandaar's assessment of the SV situation ThAd? And furthermore, I explained my SV vote already.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

vijay wrote:Sorry, can I get the cases on me? So at least I can do something.in this game?

You could pretend you're town and look like you're scum hunting. That's always fun.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

OK. I'm up to date. My reads are pretty much the same as they were on the previous page.

I'll get to doing some proper analysis later.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Ah. Sorry Zelink. Shall oblige you.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:16 pm

In post 1040, vijay2vasandani wrote:Funky - i don't really understand the arguments about him being town. Imo, his bandwagoning is something scum would do. How does him being too scummy make him town? (well that's what I'm understanding from people)

Rev - aside from IAAUN's case on him, I believe he is scummy because of some inconsistencies I pointed out in a previous post. The reason for this is because I believe scum can't really keep up with all the crap they make up (unless they are you, considering the very high opinion the players have of you)

SV - the way he plays is reminiscent of a friend of mine I play with IRL. The arrogance seems to be an attempt to intimidate us, and I believe is a bluff to make us think he's town through his awesome scumhunting.

I haven't played all that many games of mafia here and I know my reads may be suboptimum, but yeah those are what I get from the game.

So I'm guessing these don't count?
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

Well, apart from the fact tat your list is likely to be entirely town, That post was over a day ago. You complained you have nothing to do. Why not start with... oh, I don't know... your reads on the rest of the players in the game? There's only like... 18 people you're not talking about in that post. You'll come up with something.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Hmmm. Fuck, I didn't even realise there were 18 other players. Are a lot of people not posting?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Pine »

lolnotpayingattention
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Dude I'm playing like 6 other games, and I'm having exams atm. I get confused which game is which sometimes XD
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Okay, here we go:

Beck - honestly, I believe Beck is town. Although there was a lot of hate going around, I believe that his aggression is just a part of his playing style, regardless of alignment. Furthermore, while not all of his cases have been the strongest, he sticks up for them and is willing to draw attention to himself, something I would expect from a townie. The only thing I dislike is the fact that he has 270 posts, which makes his ISO ridiculously hard to read. XD keep doing what your doing Beck, but try not to be drawn by some of the trollsier people in the game, because it doesn't help town.

Bvoigt - leaning town. He genuinely scumhunts and seems to be on the same wavelength as me regarding Rev and Beck. Although the meta provided against my case on SV confuses me, because I don't know what to do with him now.

DavidParker - one of the players I forgot existed tbh. He only has 8 posts which is poor form imo. I don't really have anything except for the fact that he thinks rev is scum, which makes him null-town a bit.

Faraday/IAAUN - initially, I didn't have anything to say about this slot. However, with IAAUN's last posts and the way Faraday is playing, I am inclined to believe this slot is town. However, I have heard Faraday plays brilliantly as scum (Pine I think?) So I'm not ready to accept them as town just yet.

Funkybike - my read on him hasn't changed. I don't understand the argument for funky-town. What I'm hearing is that he is too obv-scum that he has to be town? Lol, not getting that at all, sorry. Still a scumread in my book for jumping onto bandwagons. Probably should post more too. And im not sure if he claimed vig, but I'm not inclined to believe him, because he could have easily seen all the other jokeclaims and decided to claim vig because it was safe. Furthermore his comments about how somebody still suspects him after he unvoted the person. It's almost as if he is scum and he unvoted to gain support.

Hiraki - he seems to be trolling the game, and people say he does not normally play like this. While some people may think he is just bored town, imo he is more likely to be mafia, looking at the way he has been playing. Null-scum for me.

Pine - another player I think is town. Sure he and Beck argue a lot, but it stinks of town-town to me. Also, he seems to agree on Rev, so more townie points for him.

Pops - I don't even know why this guy has his vote on me. Its almost as if he saw Faraday vote for me and decided that he could jump on. His reason is that my ISO isn't very townie (lol, how? I don't know what you're talking about) and that my top three scumreads are the three leading wagons (so? What if that's who I think is scum?) However, otherwise I had a null read on him. Overall, null-scum.

Primate - another one I forgot. Then again this guy has had what, 3 posts? Although I probably should have paid attention, because he also disregards my SV theory as "just wrong". If there are this many people saying it, its probably right. Although, how can anybody play with somebody who thinks they have caught scum like 5 pages in?

Revenus - somebody I believe to be scum. Rev seems to purposefully goad Beck because he knows it will distract town. Furthermore, the case by IAAUN raises good points and I already mentioned his inconsistencies. And why would anybody want a modkill? Unless they were scum because that equates to a mislynch anyway. Beck is town. Rev on the other hand is scum. And where the heck did the sword of omens lynch come from? Easy mislynch on a lurkers scum?

ScreamingHawk - hmmm, interesting. His first comment was to jump into the DavidParker lynch. And then he realised that there was probably something wrong with that and decides to hold it up. Stinks of cautious scum to me. Furthermore, he jumps onto the Beck lynch when it was in vogue, and does it again just recently on sword of omens. Kinda like a slightly more active funkybike. He just jumped up to the top of my scumlist.

SV - look I don't know this guy, so this is probably why I have this read of him. SV just reels of cocky scum trying to play everything down to me. Yet, the general consensus is that he just plays like that so there goes my scumread. I'll leave him at null-scum.

Sky - when I read his ISO, I didn't understand why ThAd thinks he is scum. I still don't. However, he still doesn't seem townish to me either so yeah. The lurkers vote on sword doesn't really help. Null.

Slandaar - another of ThAd's reads that I don't understand. Slandaar sounds town to me, and he makes valid points. Especially about the SV lynch. Town imo.

Soda - god, another slot I forgot was there. I'm inclined to say null because there is nothing I can really say, but I get this weird feeling. Null-scum.

Sorgster - I made a mistake about sorgster at one point and I realised that he seems pretty town so far. However, his case against Zel1nk is pretty weird and I don't like how he says that Beck is a possible lynch because he is town imo.

Sword - while he has been lurking hard the posts he has made make him seem town to me. But I think he is being replaced right? Null-town.

ThAd - while I disagree with some of ThAd's reads he still posts a lot of content-filled posts that lend him a townish light to me. Although if he keeps pushing it may come off as overly forced or a constructed unnatural case on somebody. Kinda town atm.

Thamateur - I don't understand why he reads rev as town. Otherwise, I like his posts and his ISO reads town to me.

Zdenek - I don't like how he started the game, he read pretty scummy to begin with. However funnily enough after that l, he seems to have disappeared, aside from his vote on pops. However I find pops slightly scummy so this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Zel1nk - I found him saying I'm obvtown kinda weird because you having to say it means it isn't true. However, he did tell me to make this post so I can't really see any scum motivation to get more people involved. So null-town for me.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ScreamingHawk
For the reasons above.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh dear I probably should have broken that down. Sorry for the wall :(
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1108, ThAdmiral wrote:- page 43 -

In post 1064, Slandaar wrote:This response doesn't even make sense, 'thought I knew funky was town' makes perfect sense with what I said.

You are saying:
a) I'm scum because I've indicated I KNOW funky is
town
b) funky is bussing/funky is
scum

These two statements are incompatible and show cognitive dissonance.

Nope thats not what I said.

I said; YOU said sitting back and sniping (bussing) is what scum do and so YOUR read should not be funky = obvtown.

I do find funky slightly scummy, but as soon as you are revealed scum that will of course change, I just am accounting for the chance you are not scum and not assuming someone is something to get other reads as that is not useful (isnt that what you did?)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Slandaar »

also I dont find shattered scummy, but hes not a bad lynch because hes useless and I do not find him town so basically hes a PL that at this stage on page 40+ seems ok.

Soda/Hawk are also in this same category

Vijays huge reads post is interesting, I find it odd that he forgets whos in the game but still manages to give a read and analysis on every player in the game.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Lol its because I spent an hour and a half reading ISOs exclusively XD

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”