TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:54 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Yosarian2 wrote:Well, we're heading for a deadline, and it seems like no one else is going to follow me to TSA right now, so I guess I'll join one of the bandwagons that might have a better chance to go somewhere today. I still really think we need to hear more from TSA, though, and if he dosn't start participating more I'll probably vote for him again tommorow.

(shrug) Anyway, based on my current gut feelings, out of the top 4 bandwagons, the 2 bandwagons I like the best are the Fritzer bandwagon and the Pooky wagon.

unvote:TSAGod
vote:Pooky
Strange change of vote there by Y2, I must say, though. He liked the Pooky/Frtzler bandwagons, would like to vote TSAGod for lurking and then pops DGB out of the blue.

I'm not sure Y2 is 'lurker scum' if you look back. They've posted consisently.

They maybe scum, naturally, but not sure this is the lurkerscum Pooky was talking about.

I
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:05 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Amazing Goofball, the reason I didn't want to begin a wagon on you and get you all up in votes is because I knew you were going to be on vacation, I didn't want you to come back close to deadline with a ton of votes on you and have not enough time to properly defend yourself. That's why I laid off on you and didn't come after you, I didn't explain my reasoning because I didn't want to have you run up while you were away!
Yes, and now that she is back and answered all of your comments, and you replyed to all of her answers you are still not voting for her.

Also, three days from the deadline and being the most voted person instead of voting the person you suspect you are advocating a lurker hunt to make lurkers participate.

Aren't you just trying to distance yourself from her?
wow....just, wow...
Permanent V/LA.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:12 am

Post by Lloyd »

The more DG posts...If she's scum, she could tip us off on who the 3rd man might be.

- Today, Lee's the play.

- Tomorrow, DG's the play.

One of them, and possibly both, are most likely scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:26 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:right Goofball
cuz the Lurker wasn't a scumbag until after he decided to vote for you.
I'd expect a Townie to give a reason to two to give me a chance to defend myself properly.

No?

Hence the lurkerscum label.

I didn't even notice the vote count was from Fritzler, and I didn't even notice his editorial that more votes should be "piled on" me. :shock: :roll:

Lloyd, the scum is already one man down on Day 1. Do you think that, if I were scum, I would cook up a hare-brained scenario with LML to make sure that one of him or me might be lynched on Day 2? Look again. You'll see that it makes no sense whatsoever.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:32 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Lloyd wrote:The more DG posts...If she's scum, she could tip us off on who the 3rd man might be.

- Today, Lee's the play.

- Tomorrow, DG's the play.

One of them, and possibly both, are most likely scum.
I have been fighting for DG's lynch since D1. I want to know why I'm the play.

By betting my "mafia" life I mean, I'm sure of it... and I'd be willing to sacrafice myself tomorrow if i'm wrong.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:36 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

So what are you calling those lurkers that voted Pooky without giving a reason?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Lloyd wrote:The more DG posts...If she's scum, she could tip us off on who the 3rd man might be.
Sorry. I can't tip you off on anything.
Pooky wrote:So what are you calling those lurkers that voted Pooky without giving a reason?
Is "lurkerscum" good for you?
LML wrote:I have been fighting for DG's lynch since D1
Seriously. On the basis on your PAGE 2 arguments outlined in Post 39? Or that non-existent slip about Fritzler??? If I were scum, would I have so promptly and enthusiastically supported tidus' lynch, following MoS's well laid-out arguments? LML, if you want to know why you're today's play, go read Lloyd's arguments in Post 352. And try to actually ANSWER him this time, not duck his valid points with fluff and staged outrage.

You're willing to sacrifice yourself tomorrow if you're wrong? We might as well do it today, because I will turn up Town, 100%. If that's your gambit, you're a dead man already. If you're Town, you'll have done the Town a double dis-service by having two Townies lynched. If you're scum, I think you tried to distract people when there was a slight momentum building up on TSAGod and Fritzler. Are they your scumbuddies, LML? TSAGod and Fritzler? Are you going to nightkill me now?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:18 am

Post by RandomActs »

Ok, it comes down to this for me: I find nothing particularly scummy about DGB's behavior, but she is unorthodox to say the least. Furthermore, I think it's tech for scum to target unusual play because it's easier convince townies that it's scum behavior. Therefore:

Vote: LoudMouthLee
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:20 am

Post by neongrey »

Lloyd wrote:
neongrey wrote:I'm familliar with nobody's.
I think you have some basis of some of our playstyles.
Well, that's not what I'd call familliar, no.
My point is that you have at least some basis, even if it's not absolutely familiar.
Eh, well, one of those games has a lot of rules-enforced obfustcation. And it isn't much help when people are talking about ten-games-whatever. I don't think I've even played ten games here yet, and these three are the first I've played in over a year.

Bearing no connection to the above, Pookie seems to be getting a little dramatic.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:25 am

RandomActs wrote:Ok, it comes down to this for me: I find nothing particularly scummy about DGB's behavior, but she is unorthodox to say the least. Furthermore, I think it's tech for scum to target unusual play because it's easier convince townies that it's scum behavior. Therefore:

Vote: LoudMouthLee
dur. because most scum DO act differently if they make a slip. You are really having problems making sense, RA.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:33 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Sorry. I can't tip you off on anything.
A townie wouldn't even bother to answer this question. this seems too forced.
Pooky wrote:So what are you calling those lurkers that voted Pooky without giving a reason?
Is "lurkerscum" good for you?
but you don't actually call any of them out as lurkerscum until one of them votes for you? That's BS.
LML wrote:I have been fighting for DG's lynch since D1
Seriously. On the basis on your PAGE 2 arguments outlined in Post 39? Or that non-existent slip about Fritzler??? If I were scum, would I have so promptly and enthusiastically supported tidus' lynch, following MoS's well laid-out arguments?
ofc. Scum would realize that I'd caught their partner and want to support their lynch as wholeheartedly as possible to distance themselves from their buddy.
LML, if you want to know why you're today's play, go read Lloyd's arguments in Post 352. And try to actually ANSWER him this time, not duck his valid points with fluff and staged outrage.
I actually agree with this. LmL hasn't addressed enough of Lloyd's points, but I still think DGB is a better play.
You're willing to sacrifice yourself tomorrow if you're wrong? We might as well do it today, because I will turn up Town, 100%. If that's your gambit, you're a dead man already. If you're Town, you'll have done the Town a double dis-service by having two Townies lynched. If you're scum, I think you tried to distract people when there was a slight momentum building up on TSAGod and Fritzler. Are they your scumbuddies, LML? TSAGod and Fritzler? Are you going to nightkill me now?
Posts like this are full of crap. Guaranteeing that you'll turn up town is pointless, because everyone knows that's what you'll say. You don't have to keep pointing it out. We all know that if LmL is town and wrong, we're in trouble, but since he's 100% sure of you, we can lynch you and find out information about a lot more people than we would by lynching LmL. Also, no, no one's going to NK you, we're going to lynch you :wink: . Besides that, though, any remotely smart scum would nightkill you to place the blame on LmL, so stop being so ridiculous. You're just digging yourself a deeper hole.
Permanent V/LA.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Fritzler »

TheCesspit wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Vote Count:

PookyTheMagicalBear- 4 (Dead Rikimaru, Yosarian2, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
LoudMouthLee- 4 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball- 3 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin)
TheCesspit- 1 (Twomz)

Not voting (7): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey, RandomActs, TheCesspit, PookyTheMagicalBear

10 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

we should probably pile some more votes on DGB
Shouldn't the GM be the only one posting the votes?

Isn't a bit off to post vote count and then add a bit of editorial?
why the hell can't i post one? i want to know who has how many votes so i did my own, why not give it to you guys? I just used his format so i wouldn't have to change it

no, im a player, not a mod
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:58 am

Post by Fritzler »

Vote Count:

PookyTheMagicalBear- 3 (Dead Rikimaru, , kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
LoudMouthLee- 5 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball, RandomActs)
DrippingGoofball- 4 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2)
TheCesspit- 1 (Twomz)

Not voting (6): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey, TheCesspit, PookyTheMagicalBear

ALL NOT VOTING DGB ARE EXTREMELY SUSPECT
Surfs up dude.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:58 am

esp those voting LmL to defend DGB
Permanent V/LA.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:06 am

Post by Norinel »

44 hours to deadline.

Vote Count:

LoudMouthLee- 5 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball, RandomActs)
DrippingGoofball- 4 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 3 (Dead Rikimaru, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
TheCesspit- 1 (Twomz)

Not voting (6): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey, PookyTheMagicalBear, TheCesspit

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Who was looking for lurkerscum? I think one just showed up.

That is a simple lie. I am certanly not a lurker. Calling me "lurkerscum" just because I'm voting for you is just plain scummy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, there are a few reasons I changed wagons. As I said earlier, I never really had a strong reason to be on the Pooky wagon in the first place, except that I liked it slightly more then the LML bandwagon, and Pooky has been making stronger arguments the DGB. Secondly, I found it very interesting that in a 3 way race, Pooky was the vote-leader for so long, while the whole time he only had 1 or 2 votes more then both DBG and LML. If Pooky was scum, then as the deadline got close, I would have expected scum to find an excuse to push one of the other bandwagons ahead; it would have only take 1 or 2 votes; but instead Pooky just sat there being lynchbait without any real movement on either of the other two bandwagons.

And as soon as DGB looked like she might be lynched, Random Acts comes out of nowhere and votes for LML instead...interesting...let me look back at his posting record.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm...Random Acts has lurked pretty hardcore, and FOS's tidus but never voted for him.

Yeah, I think a RA-DGB scumgroup seems quite possible, with the way RA suddenly showed up to push the LML bandwagon once DGB was in danger, but just lurked up until that point.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:41 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hmmm...Random Acts has lurked pretty hardcore, and FOS's tidus but never voted for him.

Yeah, I think a RA-DGB scumgroup seems quite possible, with the way RA suddenly showed up to push the LML bandwagon once DGB was in danger, but just lurked up until that point.
one of them being a recruitee makes a lot of sense too, sense they're married and would likely pick the other if they weren't already in the groups
Surfs up dude.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:52 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Fritzler wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Vote Count:

PookyTheMagicalBear- 4 (Dead Rikimaru, Yosarian2, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
LoudMouthLee- 4 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball- 3 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin)
TheCesspit- 1 (Twomz)

Not voting (7): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey, RandomActs, TheCesspit, PookyTheMagicalBear

we should probably pile some more votes on DGB
Shouldn't the GM be the only one posting the votes?

Isn't a bit off to post vote count and then add a bit of editorial?
why the hell can't i post one? i want to know who has how many votes so i did my own, why not give it to you guys? I just used his format so i wouldn't have to change it

no, im a player, not a mod
It was a distraction. The editorial was the bit that concerned me.

Not the -content- of the editorial, but it's existence.

There's other players I suspect more of being scum, but attention seems to be on the 'names' right now.

Fritzler/Pooky/BGB/LML seem to be in some four-way punch up. Orignally I thought Pooky was the bad man, but not sure at all.

LML is quieter than my limited expectations of him would suggest. I still await him making the hits with his scumdar that he proudly claims.

Fritzler is just like my (again) limited experience expects, and I see no reason make him 'the play'.

Then there's DGB. On one hand they seem to be the most voal person here, helpful and eager. On the other, there's a few bits and pieces noted by others that make me suspicious enough...

Vote: DrippingGoofball
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Fuldu »

LoudmouthLee wrote:By betting my "mafia" life I mean, I'm sure of it... and I'd be willing to sacrafice myself tomorrow if i'm wrong.
I had a whole post about my concerns that LML hadn't further explained the "slip" that I've asked him to elaborate on, since it still makes no sense to me. But the Internet connection dropped while I was typing it and I had to go. Now, two days later, I see that the discussion has moved on in some regards, but that we're still focused on LML, Pooky, and (more than before) DGB.

Personally, I still find the above quote from LML to be worthy of concern. Partly it's concern that if he's being honest about being pro-town, in an all-vanilla game, he should never be willing to make that tradeoff. But mostly it's concern that this is precisely the same sort of tone that he and I took with one another during our ill-fated run at one another in the 5th Anniversary Invitational. We were both dead-certain that the other was scum, for what, in retrospect, were about comparably valid reasons, and we were both wrong. I'd have thought LML would have learned from that experience, but apparently not.

Unless what he learned was that by being a prominent and vocal player and espousing complete certainty, he can get another player lynched on the basis of not very much at all. And that's only something you'd want to take advantage of if you were scum.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hmmm...Random Acts has lurked pretty hardcore, and FOS's tidus but never voted for him.

This is pretty pathetic. You moan about people "lurking" when you've only taken this discussion down inane and pointless paths of illogic. Frankly, there's been very little to comment on, based on what you've offered. (see my post 447.) So when I finally decide to post based on my observations, and you don't happen to agree, you start seeing scum. I'm allowed my opinion. I've made it known, if you don't like it, I'm sorry. But that hardly makes me (or anyone who disagrees with you) scum.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Nothing to do if you agree or disagree with me, RA. It was more that, when I voted for DG, I was thinking that if DG was scum, that if it looked like she might get run up, her scum partners would probably suddenly jump in and back one of the other bandwagons to try and protect her. That was the behavior I was looking for. In fact, that was why I voted without giving a reason right away, was because I wanted to see how people would react.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Nothing to do if you agree or disagree with me, RA. It was more that, when I voted for DG, I was thinking that if DG was scum, that if it looked like she might get run up, her scum partners would probably suddenly jump in and back one of the other bandwagons to try and protect her. That was the behavior I was looking for. In fact, that was why I voted without giving a reason right away, was because I wanted to see how people would react.
I stated my reason for voting. It's not about protecting anyone in particular. It's about people running up bandwagons for no good reason. It's a simple explanation, and not nearly as finesed as your covoluted scheme. I think you're being too clever by half, Yos. Frankly my reason for voting has much more plausibility and than your over-zealous suspicions. In tetrospect, your defense of LML is duely noted.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RandomActs wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Nothing to do if you agree or disagree with me, RA. It was more that, when I voted for DG, I was thinking that if DG was scum, that if it looked like she might get run up, her scum partners would probably suddenly jump in and back one of the other bandwagons to try and protect her. That was the behavior I was looking for. In fact, that was why I voted without giving a reason right away, was because I wanted to see how people would react.
I stated my reason for voting. It's not about protecting anyone in particular. It's about people running up bandwagons for no good reason. It's a simple explanation, and not nearly as finesed as your covoluted scheme. I think you're being too clever by half, Yos. Frankly my reason for voting has much more plausibility and than your over-zealous suspicions. In tetrospect, your defense of LML is duely noted.
(shrug)

Of course, if LML is scum, those who supported other bandwagons, including me, look more suspicious, and vice versa. Right now my primary goal is trying to generate information for later based on voting patterns. If DG turns out to be scum, then your vote might be an attempt to save her, or it might just be unlucky timing on your part. We'll see.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”