RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug)

Of course, if LML is scum, those who supported other bandwagons, including me, look more suspicious, and vice versa. Right now my primary goal is trying to generate information for later based on voting patterns. If DG turns out to be scum, then your vote might be an attempt to save her, or it might just be unlucky timing on your part. We'll see.
Indeed, we shall see. But your inclination to prematurely assign a scum label to someone who happens to disagree with you stinks of overplay, imho.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RandomActs wrote:
Indeed, we shall see. But your inclination to prematurely assign a scum label to someone who happens to disagree with you stinks of overplay, imho.
Lots of people disagree with me. That's irrelevent. The reasons you gave for voting are also mostly irrelevent, as the key factor isn't the reasons you gave for voting, it's the timing.

What I have done is noted a possible connection between you and DG, and also noted that you have not contributed much this game, and that your FOS on Tidus without a vote or an argument against him also looks suspicious. If you want to disagree with any of those points, go ahead and do so.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Post by Fritzler »

LML and DGB are tied, pooky, want to put a vote on DGB?

thx
Surfs up dude.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Lots of people disagree with me. That's irrelevent. The reasons you gave for voting are also mostly irrelevent, as the key factor isn't the reasons you gave for voting, it's the timing.

What I have done is noted a possible connection between you and DG, and also noted that you have not contributed much this game, and that your FOS on Tidus without a vote or an argument against him also looks suspicious. If you want to disagree with any of those points, go ahead and do so.
Timing trumps reasons?? Interesting. Sorry, I guess I'm in a different time zone than you are. But whatever timezone I happen to be in, reasoning will always stand taller than that intangible concept you call "timing."

As noted, my relative lack of participation is due to the inconsequential content of this game thus far. I noted the complaints about those not posting, and decided I should add what little comment I had. But when I began to post, you attack. I guess there's no pleasing you, is there?

Any connection you see between me and DGB is purely imaginary on your part. I simply noted there is no solid reason for her bandwagon. On the other hand, I note quite a bit of unison among those on her bandwagon. And this is also one reason I voted as I did. Odd to see such unity based on flimsy evidence.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote DGB

gosh I wish the rest of the town would just wake up.

What's the point of signing up for a game if you're not going to play?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Fritzler »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:What's the point of signing up for a game if you're not going to play?
putting it on your college resume

true story

i wrote an essay yesterday on sin city

i got a hundred
Surfs up dude.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RandomActs wrote: Timing trumps reasons?? Interesting. Sorry, I guess I'm in a different time zone than you are. But whatever timezone I happen to be in, reasoning will always stand taller than that intangible concept you call "timing."
(shrug) Reasons are easy for scum to invent if necessary. If I wanted to, I could invent a plausable sounding reason to vote for almost anyone. When it comes down to it, the best scum tell, IMHO, is "who voted for who, and when?" The timing can be key; when would you think a scum would jump on a scum bandwagon? When would a scum try to save his scum-buddy, and when would he stab them in the back? The answer, very often, is based on exactally when the vote happened, what the game-state was, and how likely it appeared at that moment in time that the vote would have an effect on the eventual outcome of the bandwagon.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:20 pm

Post by Twomz »

Fritzler wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:What's the point of signing up for a game if you're not going to play?
putting it on your college resume

true story

i wrote an essay yesterday on sin city

i got a hundred
ROFLMAO!!!

unvote, vote: DG
That's seven.

I'm still here, but i don't really have anything to say besides i still think one of Cesspit and MoS is scum. Since no one else is following me on my hunch (or really Hez's) then i have to compromise. DG is acting slightly odd, and i agree w/ most all of the points against her... here's hoping eh?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

FOS: twomz

I really hope DGB comes up scum so I can lynch you next.
Permanent V/LA.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:29 pm

Post by Lloyd »

DG wrote:Do you think that, if I were scum, I would cook up a hare-brained scenario with LML to make sure that one of him or me might be lynched on Day 2?
Yes, because the other could use it to decrease suspicion throughout remainder of this game.

If Lee is a townie, his bet of possibly sacrificing himself doesn't help our town. In the worst case, his gamble could result in a potential loss of two townies.

- Why would a townie suggest sacrificing him / herself in this game, when the current chance of our town winning assuming random lynches is 30.6%?

Lee's gamble seems more likely to benefit scums than our town. Lee's continual certainty in you possibly being scum, reinforces my belief that both of you are probably scums.
On Day 1...Lee, when referring to DG, wrote:Your actions do indeed deserve a vote, so I'm going to give it to you, but town, be aware, I may very well unvote if this bandwagon grows too fast.
When Lee initially voted for you, he was less certain with his vote. As you became more suspicious, Lee clamored onto his initial suspicion of you.

It's been 12 days, Lee hasn't directly answered points that I initially raised; his response brushed off my points.

If Lee is scum, then it would be in his interest to cut losses, and make a bet that he probably cannot lose.

- If you are lynched and turn out as scum, then I believe Lee would use it to decrease suspicion of him throughout remainder of this game.

- If you are lynched and turn out as town, then I believe Lee would be willing to sacrifice himself tomorrow, but while comparing his posts to lurkers, to possibly get a lurker lynched tomorrow.

At this point, both of you seem scummy to me.

I think Lee is a better play today, because you are more talkative than him, with more chances for you to potentially make mistakes.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:25 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
FOS: twomz

I really hope DGB comes up scum so I can lynch you next.
Ditto.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:15 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry for being so absent. I knew the deadline was coming but this is the first time I've gotten to have a full read-through.
To me, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Well what did you think the Huggle Alliance was?
Honestly? I had no idea. I'm not in Lights Out, and the idea of you trying to concoct a lynch-managing voter block didn't even cross my mind. The fact that you tried to do it in two games at once, apparently, and turned up town in the other one, doesn't give me any confidence in your pro-townness here.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: [...] DGB's posts this game have been very bantery, it's often her style to befriend people this way and she's quite adept at it.
That's rich, coming from the leader of the Huggle Alliance and Adele's Weepy Lovesick Fan Club. As far as I know there is no "Goofball Alliance" which is a good thing for the Huggle Alliance, because we'd kick your teddy bear behinds.
Qouted for truth. Pooky is the last one who should be talking about being disarmingly friendly.
DrippingGoofball wrote:It's also possible that tidus was trying to throw people off in ways that aren't so obvious. Though if anything could be said about tidus, is that he was obvious indeed.
tidus melted down, but that doesn't mean he wasn't hiding in plain sight. The NK last night may have been part of a way to jump on HezLucky's luck and push something on TheCesspit or MoS, hence why I never voted for either of them.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Amazing Goofball, the reason I didn't want to begin a wagon on you and get you all up in votes is because I knew you were going to be on vacation, I didn't want you to come back close to deadline with a ton of votes on you and have not enough time to properly defend yourself. That's why I laid off on you and didn't come after you, I didn't explain my reasoning because I didn't want to have you run up while you were away!
That was very sweet of you, Pooks. Why are you standing up for another player, and why did your vote on DGB come SO late???
PookyTheMagicalBear melodramatically wrote:I care no longer what happens, your comment about me trying to distance myself from her doesn't even make any sense. If I were trying to distance myself from her I'd be voting her.(I'd definitely be voting her if I were scum)

I'd rather be lynched than to have to suffer through a game with the amount of lurking that this town has decided it can treat with such delightful complacency.

Is that somewhat suicidal and not very good for the town? Perhaps, but my 1 vote isn't going to make Goofball be lynched over me and I doubt that I would like to spend my time atop this windy peak with such silent arbiters who would throw my fate into the winds without the slightest care in all the world. I'd much rather spend my time here with Goofball, at least she speaks, even if she is scum.
I'm touched. But EVERY player's vote counts, unless they're scum who know that they can unvote at any moment for the slightest provocation. This looks like WIFOM, stone-cold bluffing.
Fritzler wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Vote Count:

PookyTheMagicalBear- 4 (Dead Rikimaru, Yosarian2, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
LoudMouthLee- 4 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball- 3 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin)
TheCesspit- 1 (Twomz)

Not voting (7): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey, RandomActs, TheCesspit, PookyTheMagicalBear

10 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

we should probably pile some more votes on DGB
Shouldn't the GM be the only one posting the votes?

Isn't a bit off to post vote count and then add a bit of editorial?
why the hell can't i post one? i want to know who has how many votes so i did my own, why not give it to you guys?
It's sleazy. You gave yourself a bit of authority there, by making a vote count without even saying it was unofficial, associating your "we should pile more votes on" with it, that's what I have a problem with, anyway. Why didn't you want LML or Pooky to be the vote leader? You've been flailing your suspicions all over the place since Vote One.

Gods help me, I just don't see the emphasis on DGB. Her posting style started off wildly erratic, but she's straightened up since things got serious. I don't remember who posted that unusual play was most likely to be jumped on by scum..Fuldu? My vote's staying on Pooky.
Retired as of October 2014.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:56 am

Post by neongrey »

Gah, email notification decided to ignore me. Need to head for work sooner than it'll take to give this a thorough reread. I should be back from work in time to let me do that, though.

I'll give it a couple more skims before I go and turn it over in my head, etc.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Honestly? I had no idea. I'm not in Lights Out, and the idea of you trying to concoct a lynch-managing voter block didn't even cross my mind. The fact that you tried to do it in two games at once, apparently, and turned up town in the other one, doesn't give me any confidence in your pro-townness here.

More then two games, actually; take a look at Speedy's current Big New York game, for example.

I don't think the whole "huggle alliance" behavior is especally helpfull, but it is consistant across several games so I don't think it's really much of a scum tell.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 am

Post by Fritzler »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Vote Count:

PookyTheMagicalBear- 4 (Dead Rikimaru, Yosarian2, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
LoudMouthLee- 4 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball- 3 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin)
TheCesspit- 1 (Twomz)

Not voting (7): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey, RandomActs, TheCesspit, PookyTheMagicalBear

10 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

we should probably pile some more votes on DGB
Shouldn't the GM be the only one posting the votes?

Isn't a bit off to post vote count and then add a bit of editorial?
why the hell can't i post one? i want to know who has how many votes so i did my own, why not give it to you guys?
It's sleazy. You gave yourself a bit of authority there, by making a vote count without even saying it was unofficial, associating your "we should pile more votes on" with it, that's what I have a problem with, anyway. Why didn't you want LML or Pooky to be the vote leader? You've been flailing your suspicions all over the place since Vote One.
so i should put the phrase unofficial before it?
Surfs up dude.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:14 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Yes without editorial in the same post.

IMHO :wink:
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:16 am

Post by Fritzler »

TheCesspit wrote:Yes without editorial in the same post.

IMHO :wink:
but why? What's wrong with me giving myself extra authroity, if anyone is stupid enough to believe me? If I get extra authority, im merely helping my side out, by giving us more authority.
Surfs up dude.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:47 am

Post by TheCesspit »

unvote

vote: Fritzler

That's the single scummiest thing I've read this day.

As we don't know your 'side' your misleading someone.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:02 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fritzler wrote:so i should put the phrase unofficial before it?
Yes. The Mod makes official vote counts because the Mod is a disinterested party. if your VC had been "off" by one vote (accidentally or otherwise), and someone got lynched (accidentally or otherwise) as a result, wouldn't that be a poor result?

I've made them before, but I believe I've always put "Unofficial", or "Back of the envelope", or some other way of designating them as being player-based. I didn't even realize yours was a non-official count at first, until I noticed your name on my second read-through. It's not the cleverest scum ploy, when/if it happens, but it's not implausible. The appearance of impropriety is bad for your reputation. That said, Cesspit's apparent overreaction is noted.
Yosarian2 wrote:More then two games, actually; take a look at Speedy's current Big New York game, for example.
Huh. Looks a little different now that you mention it there, but clearly I'm not playing enough games these days. Things have become wildly different in the last couple of years....[/oldbie]
Retired as of October 2014.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:05 am

Post by Fritzler »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Fritzler wrote:so i should put the phrase unofficial before it?
Yes. The Mod makes official vote counts because the Mod is a disinterested party. if your VC had been "off" by one vote (accidentally or otherwise), and someone got lynched (accidentally or otherwise) as a result, wouldn't that be a poor result?

I've made them before, but I believe I've always put "Unofficial", or "Back of the envelope", or some other way of designating them as being player-based. I didn't even realize yours was a non-official count at first, until I noticed your name on my second read-through. It's not the cleverest scum ploy, when/if it happens, but it's not implausible. The appearance of impropriety is bad for your reputation. That said, Cesspit's apparent overreaction is noted.
So players thought i actually was an uninterested party? sweet
Surfs up dude.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:50 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

It's not that far from the truth.

:wink:
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:55 am

Post by Fritzler »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's not that far from the truth.

fritz was just :own3d:
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:55 am

Post by Fritzler »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's not that far from the truth.

fritz was just :own3d:
Surfs up dude.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Honestly? I had no idea. I'm not in Lights Out, and the idea of you trying to concoct a lynch-managing voter block didn't even cross my mind. The fact that you tried to do it in two games at once, apparently, and turned up town in the other one, doesn't give me any confidence in your pro-townness here.

More then two games, actually; take a look at Speedy's current Big New York game, for example.

I don't think the whole "huggle alliance" behavior is especally helpfull, but it is consistant across several games so I don't think it's really much of a scum tell.
I'm going to start making a list of people still dumb enough to think being a member of the HA actually affects how you play. Seriously, you guys were stupid enough to believe it once, don't make this mistake again.

List:
XGreyJoyX
Yosarian2
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: More then two games, actually; take a look at Speedy's current Big New York game, for example.

I'm going to start making a list of people still dumb enough to think being a member of the HA actually affects how you play. Seriously, you guys were stupid enough to believe it once, don't make this mistake again.

List:
XGreyJoyX
Yosarian2[/quote]

...again, I never commented one way or the other about that, just pointed out that this was normal for Pooky.

I should start making a list of people who like to pretend I said something completly different from what I actually said.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”