Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Soben »

Spoken with Scumhunter though hilariously enough he was incredibly drunk during the conversation and neither of us believe this claim at all. His claim does read as a last minute attempt at claiming something that seems unlynchable and is unlikely to be counter-claimed, furthermore his absence and refrainment from posting in the thread when placed at L-1 and asked to claim reads as scum trying to think through what to fake-claim and his lack of care or worry about being so close to a lynch makes me highly doubt he's town.

Retrospective, there's actually a lot about your reads that I'm not understanding so I'd love it if you could answer a few questions for me:

1. Is your 9 on the scale for FS mostly revolving around Timeaters rage quit or is there something in particular you read as strongly town from FS?
2. What is the reasoning behind your drop in town-read on Uphill from 8 to 6? If anything his recent play has strengthened my town-read on him?
3. Is your slight scum-read on DH purely based around his lack of content which is caused by his V/LA? What's Slaxxs read on him at the moment?
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:31 am

Post by Odysseus »

Sure.

1. Yeah, and I'm not really seeing much of the merit in the recent posts calling him scum. I know people think I should read into his ragequit/attitude before the quit but oh well.

2. I'm mad at him right now and I think that's effecting my read. xD I also have a hard time thinking town would not want to lynch SH at this point and feel that he's disagreeing to disagree with the majority. His high town read was because of his early game at RVS and the at's faded a lot for me. I will make my mind up on Uphill after I see the SH flip.

3. My read on DH is kind of meh. When I look over his posts, I feel like all of his reasons for voting have always been shallow and based on a single post or even the semantics of that single post. For example, the fact that SH said flimsy analysis is his meta, Time's horrbile 22 post or trez unvoting his RVS after an ounce of pressure. Whenever he changed votes I always found myself thinking that's the only reason? That was okay in early game but now he's completely disappeared. I think that we have a very strong town team in this game and it might be discouraging scum from really putting time into this game. I'm not sure what Slaxx's read on anyone is this point, I haven't had a real conversation with him in days although I now know I disagree with pretty much everything... Do you still have the same reason for thinking DH is town, Soben?
Wandering from clime to clime, observant
stray'd,
Their manners noted, and their states
survey'd,
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Soben »

Retrospective, as I said earlier I think Uphills reluctance of agreeing with lynching ScreamingHawk is just him as a player wanting to be on the opposite page to everyone else and don't think it's any reason to suspect him at all. If anything his defense reads as a town-tell regardless of Screamings alignment because he's openly attracting attention towards himself from it.

My town read on DH at this point is mostly gut and partially meta based which is something I attempt to avoid holding onto and I know for a fact that Soben doesn't agree with it. Also I don't think DHs lack of activity or posting is any form of tell with him at the moment though I know where you're coming from in thinking that.
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Uphill »

What the fuck? I'm clearly not disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing! I even explained how I came to the conclusion that Hawk is town, and it was absolutely not "hey everyone look at how rebelliously badass I am for calling Hawk town"! I know at least one of each of your guys' heads have read and acknowledged my explanation for my Hawk town read, so if you're not one of those heads, could you please consult with a head that did and knock it off with this shit?
Katty Bard
Katty Bard
Goon
Katty Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Katty Bard »

blah, it's been so hard to keep up with this game. It's about as active as my last MASSIVE game. As in, 45 players. so major "oh my god" and kudos.
I'll have a more meaningful post in a couple hours.
It's pronounced "Kstyy"
An explosion left this link here! :O
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Soben »

In post 303, Uphill wrote:I know at least one of each of your guys' heads have read and acknowledged my explanation for my Hawk town read, so if you're not one of those heads, could you please consult with a head that did and knock it off with this shit?

I could and can see where your town-read on him comes from but you've completely ignored his incredibly ungeninue claim and ignored all the points put forward for why it's fake just to stick with your 'different' read.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I'm really sorry, but I have very limited access. (Power outage that I wasn't aware of). I should hopefully be able to post votecounts and prod inactive players if any in a few days. I apologize for the inconvenience.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Hi all,

Internet still fucked but I'll answer what I can see. No I did not breadcrumb. As JK there is really little that I can do especially day/night one. I was going to decide who to jail later on in the day, probably Soben because everyone seems pretty convinced he is town. JK is really a pretty pointless move until we have a fair idea who could be PR. I didn't want to go blocking town PRs this early on. As far as I'm aware JK doesn't find out if the player jailed used any power when jailed either, so it's not really like I could confirm anyone. And now that my role is out I'm getting killed by mafia tonight if not lynched before hand...
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Yonzy »

Another thing with the SH lynch is that if he is scum(which i'm sure he is) and we don't lynch him, he probably won't die tonight. If he's town in the same situation, mafia could decide not to NK him and make it seem like he is mafia and we could end up losing three townies. I think the only reasonable choice for a lynch today is SH. So yeah, that is me weighing the pros and cons.

@Uphill:
Wtf is up with your posts?

And if you were scum at L-1, you'd dick around? Hope everyone on your wagon suddenly gets ADD?

Are you married to him, and he talks about what he'd do as a JK in bed all night, inducing torturous insomnia that leaves you wondering what happened to your life, where is it going, and would you be happier if you'd never said those two little words?

I do know he's town. I'm infinity percent sure he's town, with a margin of error +/-3. This knowledge isn't unavailable to everybody else, in fact, I've been posting it publicly myself where everyone can read it.

What're you trying to accomplish with those lol.
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Yonzy »

@Screaminghawk:
I don't if it was just me but, that post said pretty much nothing beneficial to your case. How were you going to decide who has a PR anyway?
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Uphill »

In post 305, Soben wrote:I could and can see where your town-read on him comes from but you've completely ignored his incredibly ungeninue claim and ignored all the points put forward for why it's fake just to stick with your 'different' read.

All the points put forward for why it's fake pretty much boil down to "well that's not how you're SUPPOSED to play jailkeeper" with no actual evidence that it's something scum would do or town would not do (or better yet, something that Hawk scum would do or Hawk town would not do), so I'm just going to keep right on ignoring them and calling Hawk town.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Odysseus »

Okay, this is going nowhere and getting old fast. Uphill, you're not convincing anyone and we're not convincing you. Okay, that's cool. Because he acted like he didn't see the problems we saw in his reads, he's confirmed town. I couldn't disagree more, but whatever. Good thing we don't need your vote to lynch him. So take a deep breath and we'll see who's right tomorrow. If you're right, (I doubt it) you can gloat and call us all morons.

Are players allowed to prod other players? Like would it be okay if I messaged DH and told him to post his reads so we can move on or is that against the rules?
stray'd,
survey'd,
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Odysseus - I am pretty sure that would violate something. It is kind of a moot point anyway if the mod is having limited access and wouldn't be able to even post a votecount. Technically I don't think anybody even qualifies for a prod (game has 72 hour limit for 1st prod). Game has just settled into a slower pace and we need to adjust to it. I have slowed my posting down since the game was becoming a much smaller mini-game of active players.

Code: Select all

Username Last Posted In Thread Elapsed Time Post Count
Odysseus 2011-11-01 18:25:40 0 days 0 hours 55
treznor 2011-10-31 20:45:34 0 days 21 hours 45
bionicchop2 2011-10-31 20:53:43 0 days 21 hours 33
Soben 2011-11-01 15:11:02 0 days 3 hours 31
Timeater 2011-10-26 15:48:53 6 days 2 hours 22
ScreamingHawk 2011-11-01 15:28:56 0 days 3 hours 17
DemonHybrid 2011-10-30 15:22:41 2 days 3 hours 17
Uphill 2011-11-01 17:59:45 0 days 0 hours 17
el simo 2011-10-31 21:40:20 0 days 21 hours 16
redtail896 2011-10-30 01:17:31 2 days 17 hours 13
Katty Bard 2011-11-01 14:20:33 0 days 4 hours 10
Yonzy 2011-11-01 17:05:37 0 days 1 hour 10
Wickedestjr 2011-11-01 15:24:15 0 days 3 hours 9
FightingShadow 2011-10-30 11:54:55 2 days 6 hours 9
Gen_Wolf 2011-10-31 19:08:34 0 days 23 hours 6 

I don't know how to format that any cleaner, so just pasted the game activity. Makes you miss timeater.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Katty Bard
Katty Bard
Goon
Katty Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Katty Bard »

I'm not seeing redtail-sheep anymore, as I'm reading. I don’t quite understand why others are.

For BC 1 2 18; good reason for vote placement at the time, but worry about him later. I just realized I’d never gotten around to what you asked of me x)

In post 234, treznor wrote:Perhaps its just me an my math/engineering background, but random to me is just that. Random. No stated reason, and not even the possibility of a stated reason. My vote on el simo was because we ran into each other in the prior game and I thought it would be a humorous way to acknowledge that. I'm used to people being quite alright with that early in the game.

Yeah, early random voting is fine. My problem isn't that you randomly voted; my problem was that you defended your random/meaningless/etc vote.

In post 234, treznor wrote:I have stated that Odysseus is my strongest town read (as I think he is for a number of people in the game). If the thinking of your strong town reads doesn't influence your own thinking, I'm not sure what to say. I definitely strongly consider the points of my strong town reads to determine whether or not they match my thinking.

First off, it is good to notice when you match your townreads' thoughts. But the wording of your post read a lot like, "Oh, my town ally says he's scum, so I think he's scum."

In post 247, Odysseus wrote:Question for everyone: DH said he'd be back soon, don't you think we should wait for him to catch up and give some reads before we lynch SH?

Yes, please. He makes me feel squirmy and I need more information from him.

@Trez 272 I'm not voting him YET, because I need to see more from DH, as he's still at null-questionable.

In post 277, Odysseus wrote:SH, who were you planning on Jailing?

Why would you ask that? IMO finding that out may do more harm than good.

This post is awful and makes no sense.
This post does not actually give me the impression that Uphill knows SH is town.
I don't believe the claim either.
It's pronounced "Kstyy"
An explosion left this link here! :O
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Odysseus »

@KB; I wanted to see if he was actually thinking as the role he claimed. We're lynching him anyway so it's not like it matters but if he had been able to prove to me that he was actually playing from JK's perspective, I might be doing a Uphill right now. (lol I made a funny)
stray'd,
survey'd,
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Odysseus »

In post 270, DemonHybrid wrote:I'm on site, but I'm doing things and I'll be back later to post. From what I've skimmed, people are waiting on reads from me, but I haven't quite yet read everything since I left for the weekend.
DH made this post 53 hours ago...
stray'd,
survey'd,
treznor
treznor
Goon
treznor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by treznor »

In post 315, Odysseus wrote:
In post 270, DemonHybrid wrote:I'm on site, but I'm doing things and I'll be back later to post. From what I've skimmed, people are waiting on reads from me, but I haven't quite yet read everything since I left for the weekend.
DH made this post 53 hours ago...

He said later, he didn't say how -much- later. Sorry, stupid post. Have nothing new to say as nothing really has changed since the last time I posted.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

yeah, sorry. I've been in a rut in all my games. I know this game is waiting for my reads, but I haven't been in the mood to read lately.

I'm going to give simple town to scum reads. I have work to do and I can't elaborate in wall posts.

Town: Uphill - This has not changed. He hasn't posted for a block of time but the RVS interactions with others really solidified this read for me.
Odysseus - I could go more into this read, but possibly when it becomes relevant. He's scumhunting like crazy and possibly harder than anyone else in this game.
Soben - Again, he seems to be very proactive. Makes great points.
treznor - I didn't like the huge push on treznor and I honestly think he's town with one or multiple scum on his wagon. Had a terrible RVS phase just like before, but is legitimately scumhunting.
bionicchop - Also a solid town read. Multiple pushes on different players. Was quiet in the early game but has really shown through when things picked up.
Katty Bard - I still don't see the scum read on her from Odysseus. I don't get why it's more of a scum indication than a town one, but whatever you say.

Null:
redtail - From what I remember, he isn't posting as much as he once did. I'm not saying this is a definite indicator of alignment but he isn't the most town. He's had a weird posting history and I'm unsure of his hop onto ScreamingHawk.
el_simo - I'm just flat out null on him. I can't really say much more about him at this point in time. Yeah, underwhelming. I know.
Timeater/FightingShadow - FS really saved this read, but I'm still not going to call this slot town after Timeater's RVS play. I'm not sure who it was, either Soben or Odysseus, but whoever made the point about meta may be right. I can't tell for right no.

Scum:
Gen_Wolf - Awful, awful posts. Just seems to be keeping up when opportune.
ScreamingHawk - I don't believe the claim. Others have been making good points against him. It's the biggest wagon. He's lurky and on the defensive. Just no.
Yonzy - "yeah, let me ask a bunch of questions and make a lot of sporadic, random reads! oh, and a useless vote!"
He voted yet didn't push a wagon on me. Definitely not sure of his read no matter how much he says he is and it doesn't seem genuine. Fuck that.

I'm sticking with my SH vote. Hammer when ready.

sorry that these reads are completely underwhelming, but I'm not posting in any of my games lately. I'm swamped with work and personal problems.

I'll be more proactive Day 2 but I just can't get into mafia lately.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 am

Post by el simo »

And there we have it. Going to
vote: ScreamingHawk
to lay down the hammer before Oddy goes on a DH tangent and this wagon is derailed.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:22 am

Post by redtail896 »

Letting you know, I'm here. Sorry; bad RL crap came up.

It's too late to give my thoughts now, but I see Uphill's point. While it's certainly an easy claim to make, The fact is that the reasons we all think it's fake are "he seems scummy, and it's a really easy claim to fake."

I don't know. I probably wouldn't have changed my vote.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Soben »

I'll try and avoid saying too much since this is twilight but at this point I'm almost positive that we're seeing a scum flip today, Screaming was just recently online posting elsewhere but didn't post here at all. I'm also almost certain that Odysssus, Bionichop, Treznor and Uphill are town with weaker town-reads on DemonHybrid and FightingShadow. I'm nowhere near confident in my read on anyone else at this point though I lean towards Yonzy and Redtail896 being mafia.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Final Day 1 Votecount:

ScreamingHawk - [7] - DemonHybrid, Soben, redtail896, treznor, bionicchop2, Odysseus, el simo

treznor - [2] - FightingShadow, ScreamingHawk
el simo - [1] - Gen_Wolf
bionicchop2 - [1] - Uphill
DemonHybrid - [1] - Yonzy

Not Voting - [1] - Katty Bard

[/color]
ScreamingHawk, Mafia Goon, lynched day 1.

It is now night 1. Any players with night actions have 72 hours to submit them to me.

Deadline: (expired on 2011-11-05 19:30:00)
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

treznor, Innocent Child, was killed night 1.

It is now day 2. With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch or 6 to no-lynch. Go!

Deadline: (expired on 2011-11-19 20:00:00)
-Wickedestjr
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Odysseus »

lol horrible kill.

VOTE: DH

We've got a bunch of new reads and I'm pretty sure we're close to autowin if we're right.
stray'd,
survey'd,
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Odysseus »