PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 924, Parama wrote:
In post 913, Parama wrote:Everyone say who you want to lynch the most at this point in time.

And it's not who I WANT to lynch. I WANT to win. Therefore I WANT to lynch scum.

Right now, it's between Zang, Lurc, and you. Chair will never be 100% town to me, but I got him there for now, and just getting one person in that column helps me to narrow the field.

And unless you want to confess, what is more likely to go with
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Watcher
Mafia Tracker
, or
Mafia Flavor Cop
?

Don't forget we already have a
Town Name Cop
Town Watcher
, and
Town Psychiatrist
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Parama »

what the hell are you talking about

the person you find scummiest = the person you want to lynch. pick one.

and what are you talking about with the flavor names
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 926, Parama wrote:what the hell are you talking about

the person you find scummiest = the person you want to lynch. pick one.

and what are you talking about with the flavor names

Scummiest? You and Zang.

But I want to use logic, since I think town can win that way.

Current questions to myself, since nobody else seems to be asking-
Is Parama scum since town role cop in BBMolla?
Is Lurconis scum since Sathoris town watcher?
Are any of the double roles mod WIFOM purposes?
Is Zang real tracker, or are all his results based on pre-existing claims?

Those are much better questions than "Whose scummiest?"
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Parama »

pick one

ffs

I'm trying to do a thing here.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Parama »

whatever.

screw this.
Chair: 1
Zang: 2.5
Lurc: 1
Parama: 0.5

What this probably means:
Zang isn't scum. Doesn't really say much about anyone else, but I'd REALLY prefer a not-Zang lynch at this point.
Frankly, Pere/Chair just keeps seeming more likely the farther we get into this day... and I'm the only one who wants to vote Chair, with nobody wanting to vote Pere v_v
uh well guys we have 30 hours or so to lynch :|
I'm not waiting around any longer. If we're going down, I'm going down fighting.
vote: Chair

If this is wrong, well, damn. At least we didn't NL in LyLo. But I think this is the best bet we have at this point.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Lurconis »

I'm voting zang i dont see how multiple people thinking he is most likely scum make him less likely scum

VOTE: Zang
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:50 am

Post by camn »

Chair
( Parama )

Zang
( Lurconis )

NOT VOTING:
( Zang PeregrineV Chair )

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline is
Sunday, November 6th
, 8pm MY TIME.. . Or whenever I get around to it.

"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Zang

I think he's faking his results from everybody else's results or he is a scum tracker.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Parama »

Sup, I'm here and not hammering.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: Zang

jk
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by camn »

Zang
( Lurconis PeregrineV Parama )

With that, this story ends.
So many dead, and to what end?

Zang, your COUNSELOR and
Town Tracker
, has been lynched.

Lurconis, your CRAFTER and
Town Watcher
, has been brutally killed in endgame.

Chair, your CHAMPION and
Townsperson
, has been brutally murdered in endgame.

Spoiler: SETUP
SETUP:
TEMPERAMENTALMAFIA

1 name cop (Architect)
1 ninja (Fieldmarshal)
1 roleblocker (Inventor)

vs.

2 watchers (crafter, promoter)
1 tracker (counselor)
1 name cop (supervisor)
1 psychiatrist (protector)
5 vanilla (provider, performer, healer, teacher, champion)

___GUARDIANS___

--Inspector (ISTJ)
Protector (ISFJ)
Provider (ESFJ)
Supervisor (ESTJ)

___ARTISANS___

--Composer (ISFP)
Crafter (ISTP)
Performer (ESFP)
Promoter (ESTP)

__IDEALISTS___

Champion (ENFP)
Counselor (INFJ)
Healer (INFP)
Teacher (ENFJ)

___RATIONALS___

Architect (INTP)
Fieldmarshal (ENTJ)
Inventor (ENTP)
Mastermind (INTJ)

------------
kanyeknowsbest- Teacher (ENFJ)
VANILLA

fishythefish- Performer (ESFP)
VANILLA

Johhog- Provider (ESFJ)
VANILLA

RedPanda- Healer (INFP)
VANILLA

Chair- Champion (ENFP)
VANILLA

Parama- Architect (INTP)
NAME COP

PeregrineV- Fieldmarshal (ENTJ)
NINJA

twistedspoon- Inventor (ENTP)
ROLEBLOCKER

Zang- Counselor (INFJ)
TRACKER

Lurconis -Crafter (ISTP)
WATCHER

Haylen- Protector (ISFJ)
PSYCHIATRIST

Sathoris- Promoter (ESTP)
WATCHER

BBmolla- Supervisor (ESTJ)
NAME COP
Spoiler: Role PMs
camn wrote:
You are the
MASTERMIND
, camn; Try to play that way.
You are the moderator of the game, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

* You have ALL abilities at Night- Just try getting a good night's rest.
* Although you do have special abilities, your goal is to avoid influencing the outcome of the game.
* At ANY time you may privately communicate with any other player.
* You win when the game comes to a successful conclusion for any party.

VANILLA wrote:
You are the
PROVIDER
; observant, cooperative, informative, and expressive. Try to play that way. You are greatly concerned with the health and welfare of those under your care and you are the nurturer of established social institutions such as businesses, churches, social clubs, and schools. You spend a lot of your energy making sure social functions are successful, traditions are upheld, and the needs of others are met.
You are a normal
townsperson
, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

* You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
* Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
* At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

VANILLA wrote:
You are the
PERFORMER
; a tactical entertainer, concrete in speech and utilitarian in action. Try to play that way. You continually seek stimulating experiences with those around them, and dislike being alone,
You are a normal
townsperson

* Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
* You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

VANILLA wrote:
You are the
HEALER
; observant, cooperative, informative, and expressive. Try to play that way. You are greatly concerned with the health and welfare of those under your care and you are the nurturer of established social institutions such as businesses, churches, social clubs, and schools. You spend a lot of your energy making sure social functions are successful, traditions are upheld, and the needs of others are met.
You are a normal
townsperson

VANILLA wrote:
You are the
TEACHER
You are a normal
townsperson

VANILLA wrote:
You are the
CHAMPION
; introspective, cooperative, informative, and expressive. Try to play that way. You have a strong desire to make your thoughts known to the world. When you write, you are often hoping to use your convictions to motivate others to participate in advocacy and to reveal a hidden truth about the human experience.
You are a normal
townsperson

PSYCHIATRIST wrote:
You are the
PROTECTOR
; observant, cooperative, informative, and attentive. Try to play that way. You are greatly concerned with the security of others and you find assisting the downtrodden or people with disabilities to be satisfying. You also find personal fulfillment in ensuring the safety of others which defined your life's work.
You are a
Town Psychiatrist

* You want to help people. Each night you may PM me the name of a player.. if they are a SERIAL KILLER, they will be healed, if nothing prevents it.

WATCHER wrote:
You are the
CRAFTER
; a tactical operators, concrete in speech and utilitarian in action. Try to play that way. You are directive and reserved, a master at using tools of every type—artistic, technological, martial.
You are a
Town Watcher

* Each night you may PM me the name of a player, and I will tell you if anyone visited them that night.. unless something prevents it.

WATCHER wrote:
You are the
PROMOTER
; a tactical operators, concrete in speech and utilitarian in action. Try to play that way. You are also resourceful, knowing where the fun and the action are. You like to indulge in the finer things in life and to bring other people with them. You goal in life is to sell themselves and their ideas to others.
You are a
Town Watcher

* Each night you may PM me the name of a player, and I will tell you if anyone visited them that night.. unless something prevents it.

TRACKER wrote:
You are the
COUNSELOR
; introspective, cooperative, directive, and attentive. Try to play that way. You have a strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and are gratified by helping others to develop and reach their potential.
You are a
Town Tracker

* Each night you may PM me the name of a player, and I will tell you if they visited anyone that night... if nothing prevents it.

NAMECOP wrote:
You are the
SUPERVISER
; a civic-minded individual dedicated to maintaining the institutions behind a smooth-running society. Try to play that way. You are a strong believer in rules and procedures, and you prefer tried methods to experimental ones. You are quick to communicate their opinions and expectations to others, you are hard-working, and you take your obligations seriously.
You are a
Town Name Cop

* Each night you may PM me the name of a player, and I will tell you the name of their character... if nothing prevents it.

MafCop wrote:
You are the
ARCHITECT
; introspective, pragmatic, informative, and attentive. Try to play that way. You are intensely curious and see the world as something to be understood. Your primary interest is to determine how things are structured, built, or configured.
You are a Mafia Flavor Cop with NAMEHERE (who is a Roleblocker), and NAMEHERE (who is a Ninja) and are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. Whomever PM's me the choice will be the one doing the killing.
* You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
* Additionally, you personally may PM me one name at night, and I will tell you the name of their character... if nothing prevents it. Your insight into design gives you insight into the nature of men.
* You happen to know there is no INSPECTOR, COMPOSER, or CHAMPION in this town.

NINJA wrote:
You are the
FIELDMARSHAL
; abstract, pragmatic, directive, and expressive. Try to play that way. You tend to be highly skilled in situational organizing, directing your own actions and those of others. Your talent for contingency planning is a close second to their ability to coordinate, decide, and execute a strategy.
You are a Mafia Ninja with NAMEHERE (who is a Roleblocker), and NAMEHERE (who is a Flavor Cop) and are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
* During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. Whomever PM's me the choice will be the one doing the killing.
* You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
* You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
* Additionally, you personally are untraceable when you kill, due to your military experience. Hoo-rah.

MAfRB wrote:
You are the
INVENTOR
; introspective, pragmatic, informative, and expressive. Try to play that way. You are resistant to doing things a certain way just because it was done that way in the past. Designing and improving mechanisms and products is your constant goal.
You are a Mafia RoleBlocker with NAMEHERE (who is a Ninja), and NAMEHERE (who is a Flavor Cop) and are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

* Additionally, you may personally PM me a name of a player to be ROLEBLOCKED. Your cleverness with machines helps you defeat other players designs.
Spoiler: Night Actions
NIGHT ONE:
Parama name-copped Chair
PeregrineV killed Sathoris
Haylen targeted twistedspoon
Zang tracked Parama
Lurconis watched Red Panda
twistedspoon blocked Haylen
Sathoris watched Kanye
BBmolla WAS DEAD

NIGHT TWO:
Parama name-copped Johhog
PeregrineV killed kanyeknowsbest
Haylen targeted Parama
Zang tracked Lurconis
Lurconis watched Johhog
twistedspoon WAS DEAD
Sathoris WAS DEAD
BBmolla WAS DEAD

NIGHT THREE
Parama name-copped Zang
PeregrineV killed FishytheFish 
Haylen WAS DEAD
Zang tracked Johhog
Lurconis watched Red Panda
twistedspoon WAS DEAD
Sathoris WAS DEAD
BBmolla WAS DEAD

NIGHT FOUR
Parama name-copped Lurconis
PeregrineV killed RedPanda
Haylen WAS DEAD
Zang tracked RedPanda
Lurconis watched peregrineV
twistedspoon WAS DEAD
Sathoris WAS DEAD
BBmolla WAS DEAD

DISCUSSION TO FOLLOW!
Last edited by camn on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Parama »

man this was a terrible endgame guys

seriously now :/
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by camn »

So.. a couple quick thoughts!

Obviously you guys caught on to the setup.. though it was not the Meyers-Briggs test that I modeled it after, but the closely related Keirsey Temperament Sorter.
Spyrex played a big hand in helping me with the actual role setup.
I wanted a game that had A LOT of night actions, but not a lot of follow-the-role opportunities. I wanted to foster a lot of discussion about the setup, and yes, Haylen was spot-on... all of the roles were from the "Rational" subgroup.
We were initially afraid it would be overpowered for the town, which is why we added in the Ninja role. Incidentally, it was never really used.. and Peregrine proved to be above suspicion most of the game.
There WAS a psychiatrist with no SK.
There WERE double roles.. two town watchers, and opposing name-cops
And we were very pleased with the amount of tail-chasing this inspired.

I DO want to give big props to a couple players:
a) kanye for playing in character <3
b) Haylen. Both of her night actions targeted scum, and she called the setup.
c) Parama and Peregrine.
-Although I was worried sick that this ended in a scum win due to a setup flaw... I have decided that these two guys simply manhandled this town. They never needed the 'ninja' role, and Parama's early play really smoothed out the rest of the game for him. I am not sure how Pere stayed off the burner.. but he certainly did.

And I welcome any and all modding/setup feedback. This is only my second time, and my first time with my own theme.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

seriously town. seriously.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Parama »

Camn was there a dead QT?

Also yes the setup would've been insanely town-sided without a ninja; and the setup was kinda flavor-broked which makes me unhappy.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by camn »

YOU GUYS IGNORED YOUR FAKE CLAIMS.

It aint broke if,
IN A THEME GAME
, you have telltale role names... AND FAKECLAIMS..
and you ignore them
So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Yes, Dead QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/QEPmRMsnkML5

Share your Scumtopic if you guys want to...

I agree the town melted down into lurkiness at the end there. . . it was sad..
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

the setup was pretty good and i enjoyed it. i really dont think it was scum sided at all, town had every opportunity to win and really threw it away when they ignored peregrines bussing and basically everything haylen had to say. the fact that 90% of posts in the game after haylen died were from scum just really cemented things.

scumtopic pls~~
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by camn »

Par, seriously.. why did you think you were given fake claims?
Why is anyone EVER given fake claims?
Its because their TRUE claim is a giveaway... like yours was IF anyone was clever enough to see it! (other than Hayl)

Take it back what you said!
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Zang »

Thr end of this game was so annoying. I'm sorry for lurking but I had no idea what to do.

The setup was good though.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

The decision was made to bus Twisted, but I wasn't sure why, since it would make the game harder for us to win. I think Twisted mentioned in the dead QT he doesn't hink he was good as scum, but he seemed to be doing fine to me. So if it looked like I was reluctant to bus him, it's becasue I was. :P

The fact that Parama pulled up the matrix and shared it immediately I think was something that really helped. Usually you expect sharing from a town player, so his sharing of it I thoguht helped him come across as town.

Haylen's breakdown had to be acknowledged, but not encouraged. As town, I would have definitely wanted to lynch from the same group as Twisted was from, if for no other reason than to test the hypothesis out about the rational=scum.

I like the setup. I took the Golden test (a similar one), and if I remember correctly, I got the same result that I was assigned in the game! :lol:

@Camn- you did a great job. Vote counts were timely and accurate, prods were sent as needed, and yes, you did provide fake claims.
By the time Parama posted the link to the 16 personalities, I had already posted in the Field Marshall way. I figured backing off of it immediately would be too suspicious, so I kept going, figuring I would just keep my regular claim/name. If I would have known the setup prior to using the posting style, then I would have used a fakeclaim instead of my real name. I was worried that some town player might have role knowledge that our real names was scum. Luckily, that turned out not to be the case.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Lurconis »

Good job scum sorry i was such a horrid townie my reads were off all game.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

well that worked out well :p

I knew no-one could suspect parama of being scum the way I hounded him after the first cop flip
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by Johhog »

It's unbelievable that PeregrineV avoided to be lynched, he should have been autolynched today. On the other hand I don't think that it was easy to deduce that Parama was scum, he was really townish all game (maybe except for the last day). It hurts me a little that I got lynched when my suspicions was pretty correct after all, I suspected PeregrineV and one of Zang and Parama.

Oh well, I didn't really do better myself, unfortunately.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Well played. sorry camn For not trying hard enough.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 am

Post by camn »

I forgive you :)

Actually, I am really thrilled that I didn't have to find any replacements at all!
I think that is great.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”