Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Andrius »

Reread was halted b/c of a meeting. Will continue either A) Tomorrow if ~B or B) I finish my end of the group project before I pass out and have time afterwards to continue reading.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by kdowns »

VOTE: Andrius
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1349, Magua wrote:PeregrineV, opinions on MacDougall and Andrius pl0x.

I feel that MacDougall is playing like a newbie plays. I've been there, and done things the way he has (and stilldo sometimes).

Andrius I was liking for town early on. I know he's been busy IRL, so I would like for him to come in and address his votes/voters.

And if people voting, or not voting, can please express why they are voting a particular person, that will make it easier to find the trash. For some it is obvious, as they have stated their case often (AGar), but others, not so much (kdowns).

My Vezok reason is his post 1256 and post 1326, neither of which were town motivated posts.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote andrius
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Jesus Christ Vezok you can't do that and expect to get away with it. You are lucky it wasn't you that is in Andrius's position and you haven't once indicated that you have any suspicions on him. You haven't even pointed out where you agree with him. It was 5-5 me and him when you changed your vote from me to him... why on Earth did you do that? You've at least shown a tendency towards wanting me lynched.

Now Andrius is at L-1 and I am completely backtracking here because I am totally not cool with the speed at which that wagon built up.

UNVOTE: Andrius
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 1340, EtherealCookie wrote:Trouble making up your mind as well, Magua?
I don't want to see MacDougall lynched. I would prefer a Vezok lynch. Seems like the latter isn't likely to happen, and given Andrius faked interest in pushing a Magua lynch, said he'd re-read everything, and yet really hasn't had anything to add, this is the most logical wagon to follow.
UNVOTE

VOTE: EC

Where did you pull out faked interest from? That sounds pretty scratchbuilt. What, exactly, is the logic here? That he hasn't been present?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 1337, PeregrineV wrote:
It's just that most of his antics are very common to new players, before they get jaded.

I'll vote McDougall to avoid a no lynch, since even just randomly voting I'm 60% likely to hit town.
But, if we can lynch Vezok before then, that'd be great too.

This is not sounding like a town Peregrine. Priming the Macdougall vote to avoid the feared no lynch, and qualifying with '60% likely to hit town'. I don't even know where he got that number, and it sounds like a pre-apology for a mislynch.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1354, MacDougall wrote:Now Andrius is at L-1 and I am completely backtracking here because I am totally not cool with the speed at which that wagon built up.

UNVOTE: Andrius

10 [expletive deleted] days we've been here and [expletive deleted]-all has been getting [expletive deleted]ing done and when finally something [expletive deleted] happens you're all "Oh [expletive deleted], let's stop and think [expletive deleted]ing deep thoughts about this with the 48 hours left before the [expletive deleted] Day is [expletive deleted] over?"

vezok and kdowns both do this [expletive deleted]ing [expletive deleted] all the [expletive deleted]ing time. vezok did it in Brightest Day Mafia [expletive deleted]ing repeatedly, and kdowns [expletive deleted]ing did it in 70s Smalltown Mafia also [expletive deleted]ing repeatedly.

We are not no-lynching, so if you don't want to [expletive deleted]ing vote [expletive deleted]ing Andrius, then either present someone else before the [expletive deleted]ing deadline is up, or self vote. This [expletive deleted]ing unvote is not going to [expletive deleted]ing cut it.

Alternatively: kdowns is near certainly town because of the [expletive deleted]ing one-shot vig claim, so who is giving you the cold feet with their Andrius vote?

[expletive deleted]ing [expletive deleted] for [expletive deleted].
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah true.

But I really don't like Vezok's play here. I want him dead.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by MattP »

Andrius seems town to me. I think scum is pulling a fast one :/ I just got home and it's 3am. I am sorry, I planned to respond to you MacDougall but RL is getting in the way, which I had warned about.

Vote:
Magua

Reason:
So blatantly scum after his rant. Him and EC. I'm calling it now.
SlappyKrust
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by MacDougall »

That is such a poor vote this late in the day dude. You say he and EC are scum, well even an EC vote would be better because at least there is a vote on EC. Read the last few Andrius posts and tell me how he is town? His response to being accused is to say "We don't fear death" or words to that effect... He has basically succumbed.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by MacDougall »

And just so we're clear you are suggesting that him and EC being so at odds with one another and attacking one another is a ploy?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by Andrius »

Wait.
So I was just hammered. [?]

Well fuck you vezok thanks for that.

I'm the fucking 9th "IRON" LEGION AND WE HELD KEIGAR AGAINST THE WEST. FUCK THE TROOPERS. FUCK THE DEATHBRINGERS. FUCK THE PRIME LEGION.
WE ARE IRON.
WE BUDGE FOR NO MAN.
WE HELD THAT CITY.
Thanks for being a FUCKNIG TWAT, vezok, and just voting on LOLWHIM WITHOUT A GODDAMN CLAIM.
THE FUCK
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Andrius »

I WILL NOT SUBJECT YOU ALL TO MY DYING SHIT UNTIL I SLEEP OR WRAITH GETS HERE
THIS IS FUCKING
UNBELEIVEABLE
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Andrius »

OH YEAH AND IM A PROTECTIVE ROLE SINCE MY FUCKING LEGION FUCKING HOLDS CITIES AND SHIT AND DOESN'T FUCKING MOVE
FUCK YEAH
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Andrius »

NOT LIKE IT MATTERS BECAUSE I WAS FUCKING LURKERSLOT BEFORE THE BAKER GOT HERE AND FUCKING VEZOK FUCKING HAMMERED

GOD
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by Andrius »

FUCKING HELL LET ME GRAB MY CATCHUP POST AND JUST DROP WHAT I HAVE

HANG ON A SEC
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Andrius »

Day OneI'm largely skipping over SK and DX at this point because they're the most prolific posters and they're deadtown so.

In post 21, Magua wrote:Man, I *love* SleepyKrew already.

David is definitely scum.

VOTE: David Xanatos

Ok I retract what I said about this earlier- telling the scum who the masons are N0 is silly so Magua has no way of knowing DX is BP_Argelev. :/

In post 41, manho wrote:i'm of house argelev and loyalist.

Thanks for voting and commenting on stuff.

kdowns is obvtown from his waaay premature claim D1.

In post 101, Bogre wrote:
In post 17, David Xanatos wrote:Because you're taking a Day-Shot that may, depending on mechanics, end the day.

Doesn't matter. Scum know who other Scum are on their team.
Town are the uninformed majority, "knowing something we don't" is being an informed minority. The informed minority are the scum teams.
Negative Utilities are Town too, and can be directed in most cases I've seen.

I don't think SK was being serious with the shot, looks like a reaction test to me.

Your reaction was...talking about day-ending and... basically explaining the premise of mafia. Excessive pointless explanation.

VOTE: DavidXanatos

This is odd because:
1) He could be scum piggy-backing citing different reasoning to hop on a large wagon. We'll wait and see what happens.
2) Town and being genuine.
Obv not easy to distinguish.

In post 102, Bogre wrote:
In post 28, Magua wrote:
tclawren is in a gray category. I'm *very* curious about:
tclawren wrote:NOW TAKE A LOOK UP AT THE PROVIDED VT PM AND GIVE ME A GOOD FUCKING REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T LYNCH YOUR
FAIL 3RD PARTY ASS.

@tclawren:
Why did you write 3rd party instead of scum?

That's a good catch.

I want that explained.

This is just piggy-backing.

In post 104, MacDougall wrote:Is there really anything to suggest that this layout is specifically scum vs. town? I am getting the feeling that there is far more to it than that. I am thinking that the scum are a hidden faction and Argelev and its dissidents are too busy at each others throats to notice.

I am of House Morvanus, oldest and most loyal to House Argelev. It is my duty to do my utmost to eliminate all threats to House Argelev. At this stage the greatest threat to House Argelev is very clearly the one who has painted the rightful heir to the throne as scum.

vote: SleepyKrew

Implies more than one scumteam. Implies knowledge of the setup that a townie shouldn't.
Most likely groupscum.
Comes in with little comment on the game.
1) Setup speculation.
2) Claimed House and a little roleplay.
3) Votes SK with no reasoning. Awesome.

In post 111, MacDougall wrote:
In post 106, Otolia wrote:
In post 103, David Xanatos wrote:To clarify.

I am a member of the House of Argalev. I am not a Loyalist, I am of the house itself. I come from the West, where I was trapped due to the last War.

PEdit: Bogre. He specifically said "What if", "What if", et cetera. Those were directed responses.

What is the exact wording of your PM ?
That's most likely to be forbidden by the rules :igmeou:

---
MacDougall wrote:Is there really anything to suggest that this layout is specifically scum vs. town? I am getting the feeling that there is far more to it than that. I am thinking that the scum are a hidden faction and Argelev and its dissidents are too busy at each others throats to notice.

I am of House Morvanus, oldest and most loyal to House Argelev. It is my duty to do my utmost to eliminate all threats to House Argelev. At this stage the greatest threat to House Argelev is very clearly the one who has painted the rightful heir to the throne as scum.

vote: SleepyKrew

Read my posts. Is your resolve unqestionnable ?

We have been an honorable liege to the rightful ruler for longer than any other. Our resolve cannot be questioned. In answer for your request of what lands we hold, the land is known as Anoria. The people, Anorians.

Am I missing something, or did Otolia never actually ASK what lands MacDougall holds?

I'm going to reconsider why JDGA was killed because while he was obvtown he did suspect Magua; its just a knawing suspicion and we don't take NK WIFOM seriously anymore. I know
I
kill townies because they suspect me. :P (Read: BDMafia)

In post 126, MacDougall wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:PLEASE STOP HOUSE CLAIMING.

House Argelev is central to my wincon, I'm sure there are more dangerous roles for whom it is the same. Yes, I am not strictly town(although I am for the moment). The rightful heirs to the throne are all males of House Argelev. My role DOES say that all heirs to the throne are town. There are traitors within the house, but all the rightful heirs are town. And my role suggests that scum may have an alternate wincon of killing off all the heirs. So please stop.

So at some stage you're going to be not town, and working against us. Explain why you shouldn't just be lynched now then?

You lynch that claimed third party.

Also, don't vote the man too.
Yes he has town motivation to ask this too. Scum just love lynching 3rd parties. (Read: BDMafia, pretty much any game with more than one scum faction)

In post 131, MacDougall wrote:
In post 130, Shinki wrote:#gandalf

And how do we know that you won't betray us? lol
That's more troublesome than anything I read from David or SK. :T

PEdit: It's more dangerous than a survivor, definitely, as survivors can't change their alignment to harm another factions.

Oh, I believe he almost certainly will betray us. Those who, historically, have faced the choice he has before him, regularly choose the path of darkness.

I have a 1:1 record of Staying with the Town : Betraying the town in regards to Cults.
In the latter, it
was
AGM. :twisted:

In post 134, MacDougall wrote:It's very odd that he would reveal so soon that he has a role that could prove to be our enemy. What is there to gain from it at all? He could have just as easily said the rest without telling us that part.

This is more likely town motivation.

In post 151, MacDougall wrote:^ gotcha

I assume that "Factions can communicate during the day" implies that there are more factions than just the scum. Since there are so many people revealing themselves as House Argelev, I guess they all know each others identities. At this stage I think the roles are broken down into;

House Argelev Rightful
House Argelev Traitors
Loyalist Houses
Disloyal Houses
Third parties such as Gandalf.

The scum are the House Argelev traitors. The House Argelev rightful would be town special roles and the House Argelev traitors would be the scum special roles. Loyalist houses are VT and Disloyal houses are goons.

Does this seem pretty right to anybody else?

See then again he shows incredible innocent/stupidity in regards to how each group knows the identities of another group. :/
I don't know.
Its more of a town thing than scum to be sure. :/

But no it doesn't seem right at all. :P

Nero Cain is town via play.

In post 156, manho wrote:i think david is town, and SK is scum. and i don't think lynching gandalf now is good. don't have ideas about the setup either.

In post 157, manho wrote:
vote: SK

Awesome.
1) If he's scum he's obviously avoiding the claimed TOWN POWER HOUSE at this point with DX and most of the speculation regarding the main house. And thereby voting the other person in the 1v1. Don't think lynching gandalf now is null. No setup ideas is null.
2) Its still likely to come from town than scum to be sure. :/

AGar is town.

In post 176, Empking wrote:
Vote: DX

I can't believe so much of this was set up spec. Urgh.

Kdowns and Magua are town, along with DX that's alll I can tell.

Makes me think Magua's scum.

Peregrine is town.

In post 217, EtherealCookie wrote:I am from House Tyranus.

Cool thanks for commenting on the game.

In post 227, SleepyKrew wrote:That is because Keiger is a country in this flavor. I helped our army defeat it in a war.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YOU FINISHED WHAT WE STARTED
YOU'RE LIKE PATTON'S 3RD CORPS TO MY 101ST AIRBORNE
WE DONT NEED SAVING

SK wrote:I'm Macho because nobody can defend better than the Fleet.

Bollocks.
You being the best
offense
, yes.
You being the best
defense
... not so much.

Magua's reaction to SK's shot seems more likely town that not.

In post 332, Magua wrote:Empking is scum.

One-shot daykill scum keeps it for a claimed power role, not says, "Hey everyone, watch me kill this guy." Empking knows this.

See it WASN'T EC who started the Empking focus.

Peregrine's vote on SK here is town.

In post 344, MacDougall wrote:I take it SK isn't scum then?

unvote

lol

In post 356, manho wrote:
unvote

Thanks for playing.
Scum.

In post 340, EtherealCookie wrote:
Vote:Empking

An experienced player from 2008 who's convinced that a scum with a one shot day kill would waste it on a relatively new player that played rather poorly? Come on.

As for David, I've gotten more townish vibes than antitown. I don't exactly see a strong reason to support the case against him, and it seems highly tied with speculation to the setting. Note he also voted DX for being scummy without any actual explanation for that. He's upset that so much of it was set up speculation, but goes with the wagon that's based off a case that is mainly set up speculation? He screams scum IMO.

So his reasoning is *exactly* what Magua outlined a few posts above.
He's just the first to vote.

In post 437, manho wrote:i don't think lynching a claimed mason is good. and i think it is a town v town. we should go find other scum. will read the thread again when i have time.

Cool.
Now how's abouts you read the thread and find scum yourself?
Scum.

In post 444, MacDougall wrote:
vote: No lynch

NO.
God this just reeks of scumminess.
But then again SAMANTHA flipped town so. :S

In post 465, Magua wrote:
In post 460, SleepyKrew wrote:
Vezok has a certain tendency to be incredibad.

Remember this, Magua.

In post 466, manho wrote:
vote: vezok

that monk vote is opportunistic.

Well geez.
Look who's reading.
And its not opportunistic its just freaking stupid.

CUT SHORT BY LOLHAMMER AND NEED TO FUCKING GO AT MACH SPEED
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Andrius »

OK SO ILL STAY UP UNTIL THIS IS DONE
WRAITH GETS HERE
OR I AM SATISFIED

BECAUSE WE DONT GIVE UP
WE FEEL NO FEAR
WE ARE IRON LEGION

"STAND FIRM AND HOLD THE LINE."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 1351, kdowns wrote:VOTE: Andrius

In post 1353, vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote andrius

ok well i feel like an idiot
saw these two votes and was like

well actually you already saw what i was like
didn't realize vezok was already voting me lol

ok cool
WE'RE TOO IRON AND AWESOME TO GET KILLED BY VEZOKFUCKHEAD ANYWAY

sorry for language and stuff
not reading anymore since i'm not dead.
this can wait for tomorrow i need to go calm down and breathe
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by Andrius »

but also kdowns' vote is lolwut from rightfield and could use justification

though before that i thought he was obvtown of obvtown with the reread and claimage D1
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There's like 0 point reading AND commenting on day 1 crap. It seems like just an attempt to stay active. Its like "LOOK AT ME DO SHIT I'M ACTIVE!!!" The claim also stinks. "I'm a protective role but I'm not telling you what role. TEEHEE!!!"

UNVOTE;VOTE:aNDY
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by MacDougall »

It'd be a good fake claim if it was one. Knowing that the "3rd legion" was town (and mason) and other similar sounding roles were also town it'd be a good idea. Based on monk's role reveal and manho's claim I don't quite buy yours to be honest. The other two supposed legions are "Deathbringers" and "Stormtroopers"... "Iron" doesn't go with the theme. Also your spurge on the supposed Vezok hammer comes across disingenuous. Gandalf and manho have also both suggested that their roles had the potential to turn, and since yours is similar in flavour to theirs maybe yours does too. Confirm/deny? If you are the 9th legion. It goes that there are 8 more. That would mean that of the remaining 12 players 8 are legions, which I doubt, but if that is the case, then there are scum legions.

Good posting though, it definitely sparked the game. As for your reads on my day 1 play I suggest you get past that because it's all been analysed ad nauseum. I'm specifically interested in why you found that me revealing my lands when not requested is bad? I was just hoping that there was a purpose to me owning lands and by revealing them SOMETHING might happen. There really was nothing to it.

P Edit: Well... There goes the hammer.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Andrius »

No, its no attempt to stay active.
Its me attempting to figure out MacDougall, Magua, manho, and ECookie reads.
Because I've gone back and forth on them the whole game.
And I'm more out of SPITE than anything to Magua, to be honest.

manho is definitely obvscum from D1 play.

Aaaand now that I AM dead I should probably go read some more.
Fuck it all.

Deathbringers, Stormtroopers, Prime Legion were all mentioned by name in my PM, though as all things, taken with a grain of salt.
No I don't turn.
We move for no man.
No force.

Just because I'm Legion #9 doesn't mean there are another 8.
I can't tell if you're scum or freaking stupid as hell.

Don't get all "well there goes the hammer" because you're calling me scum. HOT DAMN. AND I TURNED DOWN OSNEY KETTLEBLACK FOR THIS? GOOD LORD.

SCUM
manho
MacDougall
Magua
ECookie
Don't even care we've got room for 2 more in each scumgroup AT LEAST.

fucking hell
going to keep reading

and magua
when my name flips green
i dont even know what i want you to do
just know that i was town.
again.
your ability to read me is zero.
and when I get to the dead qt I'll confirm my reads and see if I get to be with Cassandra again.

See you in hell.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh yeah.
I'm fucking BULLETPROOF bitches.

BULLETPROOF LOYALIST.
THE NINTH "IRON" BRIGADE IS EVERLOYAL

Which is why I was all gung-ho after Storm of Swords.
Why I was motivated to perform. To get my reads correct.
So they could shoot me.
And I wouldn't die.
And my "protective role" claim was to *try* and draw kills.
So sue me for trying my hardest.
At this point all I can do is go for Cassandra.
God I love that woman.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”