Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 424, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: DDDP
Yay I'm voting scum now!

Why? How?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 260, glowball wrote:

Nothing in there says "vig" it just says he kills or gets killed. Aside from the kill factor nothing is even slightly "vigish". It's weak rolecop at best. I mean it's pretty obv that he's third party especially considering his claim says NOTHING about hamsters and rodents can be pets. WHAT THEN?!?!?!?!

It has a killing element to it, it is similar to a vig.

In post 263, Sotty7 wrote:Oh dear...

Any role that claims to be able to kill another player can be generally referred to as a vig. Yes he hasn't claimed that he is a straight up vig, but to say he is a strange kinda role cop is just all sorts of wrong.

Role cops don't kill people.

Vigs kill people.

Correct, role cops get roles/allignments

In post 264, Untrod Tripod wrote:serial killers and mafia also kill people. but with that claim there's no way he's an SK. .

Why, he could be SK only telling lies to make him look vig like.

In post 268, Kublai Khan wrote:
Lewarcher82: "Gosh, I'm still alive. I don't know what happened, Mafia must have either roleblocked me or maybe glowball was lying about her dog-claim."

too much WIFOM.

In post 273, Kublai Khan wrote:
A lot of my reads right now depend on what lewarcher82 flips.

what are your reads though?

In post 278, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I see no reason to assume scum have a roleblocker.

on day 1, how could you?

In post 282, Amrun wrote:
In post 281, glowball wrote:You would have to believe part of his claim. I don't believe it at all, it doesn't account for multiple pets or pets other than cats/dogs.

Then that will sort itself out... It's not a claim that makes sense to lynch today. I will oppose it until the eventual end of the day.

Agreed, let night actions resolve etc. Do not like how glowball is pushing this.

In post 283, glowball wrote:
Anti town is ANTI TOWN. I'd rather not run someone else up Day 1 and that person claim something that isn't "a claim that makes sense to lynch today". Lewarcher might be scum, he might be SK what is obv is that he isn't town and that's better than potentially lynching a townie to see what happens.

While I agree, anti-town is anti-town, it makes sesne to eliminate scum and take out their powers first and their numbers first, a SK is only one person. Scum is multiple and can chat at night and gonig for scum first weakens that.. really not liking glowball.

In post 287, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 285, Kublai Khan wrote:I'll unvote and sheep you if you can give me a plausible explanation for why town-lewarcher82 would have said the above now that you know his full claim.

'Cause it's true.

Need a bit more than that.....

In post 290, Quilford wrote:You guys are going to have to endure srs Quilford this game because of xvart. >___>

Let's consult the facts.
zoraster posted that alignment was randomised. That means that people with a specific animal as their pet won't all be the same alignment unless random.org determined otherwise, which is highly improbable.
lewarcher claimed to be a role who dies when he targets dogs and kills his target when he targets cats. That means lewarcher kills cats regardless of alignment.

Because he is killing
regardless of alignment
, it only makes sense that he is self-aligned..

No, scum can do this and so can town vig.

In post 291, Amrun wrote:
In post 290, Quilford wrote:Because he is killing regardless of alignment, it only makes sense that he is self-aligned.

So vigilante kills usually just don't happen if they target town, huh?

Said it better, than what I meant to say above.

In post 293, Quilford wrote:I'm sorry, you guys seem to be ignoring that he apparently targets pets arbitrarily.

you do have a point, but he does not know (for the most part) what he is targetting.

So far I believe Amrun is coming across town, as isQuil, really not sure what I make of claim, I don't think it is scum,. town and telling truth, or 3rd party. Right now we should let night actions resolve N1 and look for scum not 3rd party until later.

In post 299, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 296, Amrun wrote:For the record, I'm not arguing that he is town. I'm arguing that his alignment cannot yet be determined for sure and that he is not the smartest lynch for today.

Why would you leave a third party role like SK alive on Day 1?

Because scum have greater numbers, and can talk. Better to cut one of the heads of first. SK is on his own if he is SK, no one to plan with etc.

In post 301, Amrun wrote:
In post 296, Amrun wrote:For the record, I'm not arguing that he is town. I'm arguing that his alignment cannot yet be determined for sure and that he is not the smartest lynch for today.

You can lynch SK day 1, but if you never lynch scum after that, you still lose. It's much better to lynch SCUM. An SK lynch is a very-little-information flip. Town can harness him to do their bidding under threat of death, as well. If he disobeys, he dies.

For example, tonight, we can tell him who to target.

this, why waste a lynch, when it is very much testable in night.

In post 304, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 296, Amrun wrote:For the record, I'm not arguing that he is town. I'm arguing that
his alignment cannot yet be determined
for sure and that he is not the smartest lynch for today.

your logic:
we cannot prove he's town therefore he MUST be scum

ladies and gentlemen, it's the argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy in the wild! shh! don't disturb it or it will run away and we can't make fun of it.

this....

In post 306, Sotty7 wrote:
This is probably the most compelling case on why we should lynch Lew, his behavior leading up to and after the claim is just terrible. Making excuses to keep him alive "just in case" seem poor when Lew himself isn't willing to actually do anything to help the town.

Yes, this is an intent to hammer.

While it is a good case, I disagree, I don't believe Lew to be scum.

In post 308, Untrod Tripod wrote:ftr I think if lew flips scum, Ghostlin comes out looking worse than Amrun. Amrun's reactions look like misguided town to me.

Ghost is coming out looking worse anyway regardless.

In post 309, Sotty7 wrote:I also hate that the last page or so has been heavy in the set up spec. I feel Lew is totally distracting us all from scum hunting and instead we'll bicker about "optimal strategies".

agreed on this, it has taken away from scum hunting, and scum are no doubt loving it assuming Lew isn't scum.

In post 320, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Also:

Govern: lewarcher

Booyah.

urgh... fuck.

In post 323, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 301, Amrun wrote:You can lynch SK day 1, but if you never lynch scum after that, you still lose. It's much better to lynch SCUM. An SK lynch is a very-little-information flip. Town can harness him to do their bidding under threat of death, as well. If he disobeys, he dies.

For example, tonight, we can tell him who to target.

And you can lynch all the scum players you want, but you don't lynch a hostile third party role, town still loses.

Why are we having this conversation? I'm not even heavily invested in if he's an SK or not, I believe he's scum.

Yes, but lynhing scum first over 3rd party makes sense. As I have stated before.

In post 327, Kublai Khan wrote:

@Cogito Ergo Sum - Why are you so terrible at this game? Why waste a governance on someone who is clearly scum and you would lynch tomorrow anyways?

While it confused me at first, makes sense in a way, lt night actions resolve, find out who he targetted, match up to a dog/cat and look elsewhere. If the person he targets claims dog, and he isn't dead, we know he is lying. I don't believe the govorn still though.

agreed, but the less he knows, the better chance we have of testing it in the night and findign out the truth

In post 336, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You do realize this entire discussion has been made moot by my governing lew, right?

EXCEPT HE HAD NOT BEEN LYNCHED, AND GOVORN POWERS ONLY COME IN, IN TWILIGHT WHEN THE LYNCH HAS HAPPENED.

In post 351, Llamarble wrote:He could also be town. I just don't really think he's an SK.

yiou are very quiet, like you are hiding away. this also seems very wishy washy stance on the situation.

In post 360, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Quilford

Any reasons, there is a lot going on, you are gettign very suspicious with your lack of content.

In post 373, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 372, Amrun wrote:Not in this case, nope.

Okay Amrun is town but we should ignore her anyway

agreed on town part. but not the second

In post 375, glowball wrote:WHY ISN'T LEW LYNCHED?!?!?!?!

Come on guys. Just lynch him and be happy!

Glowball coming in, ignoring everything and calling for lynch... yea... scummy

In post 376, Amrun wrote:He's been governed...

no, he wasnt at the required votes (i dont beleive)

In post 380, glowball wrote:Amrun, you seem different...

In post 386, glowball wrote:
In post 384, Amrun wrote:
In post 380, glowball wrote:Amrun, you seem different...

How so? I didn't let them lynch your arguably worse claim in Modern Family mafia, either. 'Cause it's dumb.

p-edit:

lol

That's true, but your attitude seems off.

again nothing from glow..

In post 396, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 392, Vi wrote:So CES totally has one post to clarify whether he actually governed lewarcher, since zoraster didn't visibly register anything. I'll pay my end forward.

Apparently, zorzor is a stickler for using the provided syntax.

Governate: lewarcher

again, not required aount of votes.

In post 423, Llamarble wrote:Don't like Quilford "Pretty sure glowball is scum if lewarcher is scum."
Quilford's overall approach feels town though. My vote isn't placed well. FIXFIXFIX

I LOVE CAFFEINE

p. edit:
I'll hammer him if I can really really convince myself he's scum.

aain, nothing...

OK, the govorn is lies... one main reason, none of the times Lew was at Lynch, it was always -1 or -2.

In post 424, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: DDDP
Yay I'm voting scum now!

are you even playing, or trollign?

caught up reads

Town reads

Amrun
Quilford
Tripod

Leaning town

Sotty

Null/Unsure

Vi
Reck

Leaning scum/Scummy/3rd party

Lew
Cogito

Scum

llamarble
Ghostlin
Glowball

with all that said, llamarble is doing nothing, ghost is being very scummy glowball is uber scummy. I could go on either one of these 3, and test Lew claim in night.

vote:Glowball

Again, sorry for beign away so long, had a family issue.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, dis game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jason - I don't know what your actual position on lewarcher is since you vacillate throughout that post. Is he town or scum?

I don't get why you think Ghostlin is scum either, can I get the sparknotes version of that?
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 427, VP Baltar wrote:lol, dis game.

Jason, you are the only person on glowball while there is three of us on Llama. If you would lynch any of your top three why are you being useless?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 428, VP Baltar wrote:Jason - I don't know what your actual position on lewarcher is since you vacillate throughout that post. Is he town or scum?

I don't get why you think Ghostlin is scum either, can I get the sparknotes version of that?

Neither on instinct, I believe him to be 3rd party but not worth the lynch. We can cut a head of scum and weaken them, rather than lynch a role that can end up killing itself in the night.

Ghostlin has just been giving me bad vibes, nothing substancial to go on, but worth looking at down the line. Glowball, and llamarble would be my best two picks for hitting scum.

EBYOP: Fair point Sotty, I didn't actually realize the wagon on llamarble.

unvote
vote:llamarble
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Jason, Amrun, and CES are all very content to let a scummy player with a Vig claim, no matter how limited; do whatever he wants tonight. Noted. It's quite likely one of these players is scum.

I'm not even going to waste my breath on scum is scum and we should lynch Lew irregardless. We've had that argument for about three pages now.

If the Governor went through, and I doubt it since it was never announced in thread, I would not mind the Llam wagon considering his contribution today is nill. His last three posts are jumping back and forth on the fence on whether or not Le's scum.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Because, he does not know who he is targetting (cat or dog)

We can get him to tell us tomorrow (if alive) who he targetted if a cat did not die. And then match that up to whatever his claimed target says. If person targetted says they are a dog, then boom... we lynch.

Today though, I would rather lynch who I feel is scum. Not 3rd party. Scum get benefit of talking in night, planning etc... cutting scum off first is essential. 3rd party only has themselves to talk and plan with... hence scum is the bigger threat.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 432, jasonT1981 wrote:We can get him to tell us tomorrow (if alive) who he targetted if a cat did not die. And then match that up to whatever his claimed target says. If person targetted says they are a dog, then boom... we lynch.

he would be dead. this makes no sense.
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

jason. stop smoking crack. we're all worried.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 433, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 432, jasonT1981 wrote:We can get him to tell us tomorrow (if alive) who he targetted if a cat did not die. And then match that up to whatever his claimed target says. If person targetted says they are a dog, then boom... we lynch.

he would be dead. this makes no sense.

no, we would know he is lying in his role... that is what I am meaning.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

And then he says 'gee golly, I must have been roleblocked and etc.'

You lynch scum. He's just going to mess up something tonight and we'll be in the same spot tomorrow.
YOUR AD HERE

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Why are we drinking this batch of WIFOM koolaid again? VP, Jason, knock it off. I get it. The people opposing the Lew wagon want to test out his claim during Night.

Fine,
if
the CES Governor went through, I'll vote to lynch Llamarble instead and I'm deciding if Jason's stupid or scum intentionally missing the point. If Lew wants to commit suicide at that point at Night 1, then go with God. He should be data dumping us with everything he's got if he's town anyhow.

If it's a bluff
, the person that's already offered hammers Lew, gather the information from the lynch and go forward from there at Day 2.

No one unvotes. We move forward as if we were playing a mafia game with a dodgy claim on a scummy player and we follow the plan outlined above.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Of course my govern works outside of twilight. Zorzor's just being a syntax nazi; he'll tell you all about in the next VC.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

It almost makes me think there's a role out there whose functioning is somehow dependent on syntax.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 438, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Of course my govern works outside of twilight. Zorzor's just being a syntax nazi; he'll tell you all about in the next VC.
Clearly you have another ability that prevents zoraster from providing vote counts that substantiate this, particularly at convenient times :shifty:

On a somewhat related note, if "Governate" is the actual name of the ability, then your vote is improperly formatted as well. It should have been:
LAMAHBOHL

I MUST BREAK YOU

Beyond that, hammer the obvious scum, failing that lynch the other obvious scum, pastiche of previous posts goes here, etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 326, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 321, Untrod Tripod wrote:so

who wants to test it?

Zorzor'll announce it, no worries.

there were vote counts and no mention of it from the mod after this...

In post 438, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Of course my govern works outside of twilight. Zorzor's just being a syntax nazi; he'll tell you all about in the next VC.

So I don't believe this.

Has anyone else ever seen a governor who can pardon a lynch before it happens, or out of twilight?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Amrun »

Pretty sure Rhinox's could in the last Mass Effect Mafia. Don't quote me on that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 440, Vi wrote:

On a somewhat related note, if "Governate" is the actual name of the ability, then your vote is improperly formatted as well. It should have been:
LAMAHBOHL

I MUST BREAK YOU

Beyond that, hammer the obvious scum, failing that lynch the other obvious scum, pastiche of previous posts goes here, etc.

Somebody needs an education in 80s movies.

YOUR AD HERE

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by zoraster »

Spoiler: Queen of Her Domain

Day 1

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 1 )
Llamarble,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

JasonT1981 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

*** lewarcher82 ( 8 ) ***
XReckonerX,
Untrod Tripod,
Ghostlin,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Kublai Khan,
VP Baltar,
glowball,
Vi,
[/color]
(L - 1 )

Llamarble ( 4 )
Sotty7,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
Amrun,
JasonT1981,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Quilford ( 1 )
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

Vi ( 1 )
lewarcher82,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

XReckonerX ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

xvart ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 9 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Roxi, Quilford,

Total Votes ( 17 )

Needed to Lynch [ 9 ]

Deadline: Nov. 18th at 20:00 EST
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh hey lookie

someone hammer now.
YOUR AD HERE

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 445, VP Baltar wrote:someone hammer now.

Agreed.

We can't move forward on another scum suspect until an attempt to hammer is made.

I'm prepared to offer Roxi a squeeky toy for a hammer vote.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Can we not hammer yet?
I'm starting to feel traction. Full reads list will be forthcoming.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 447, Llamarble wrote:Can we not hammer yet?
I'm starting to feel traction. Full reads list will be forthcoming.
Oh, the suspense.
I'm glad you're starting to feel traction, because you've been quite the pain in the neck. (rudeness mostly for sake of bad joke, sentiment nonetheless accurate)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Roxi The Voting Puppy
Roxi The Voting Puppy
Townie
Roxi The Voting Puppy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Roxi The Voting Puppy »

VOTE: Lewarcher
lil bow wow

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”