(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(bah...tags)
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: More then two games, actually; take a look at Speedy's current Big New York game, for example.

I don't think the whole "huggle alliance" behavior is especally helpfull, but it is consistant across several games so I don't think it's really much of a scum tell.
I'm going to start making a list of people still dumb enough to think being a member of the HA actually affects how you play. Seriously, you guys were stupid enough to believe it once, don't make this mistake again.

List:
XGreyJoyX
Yosarian2

...again, I never commented one way or the other about that, just pointed out that this was normal for Pooky.

I should start making a list of people who like to pretend I said something completly different from what I actually said.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:31 pm

Post by Norinel »

About 12.5 hours to deadline.

Vote Count:

DrippingGoofball- 6 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2, PookyTheMagicalBear, Twomz)
LoudMouthLee- 5 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball, RandomActs)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 3 (Dead Rikimaru, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
Fritzler- 1 (TheCesspit)

Not voting (4): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow, neongrey

10 to lynch, 5 at deadline.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by neongrey »

Okay, um... fritzler's defense of the way he did that votecount looked seriously nasty to me. At this point, I'll give a token
vote: Fritzler
, but at this point, nobody but Goofball's going down.

Just two more exams left, yaay.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:59 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Fritzler wrote:so i should put the phrase unofficial before it?
Yes. The Mod makes official vote counts because the Mod is a disinterested party. if your VC had been "off" by one vote (accidentally or otherwise), and someone got lynched (accidentally or otherwise) as a result, wouldn't that be a poor result?

I've made them before, but I believe I've always put "Unofficial", or "Back of the envelope", or some other way of designating them as being player-based. I didn't even realize yours was a non-official count at first, until I noticed your name on my second read-through. It's not the cleverest scum ploy, when/if it happens, but it's not implausible. The appearance of impropriety is bad for your reputation. That said, Cesspit's apparent overreaction is noted.
I don't think I over-reacted. You've just had someone say he willing to mislead people, and happy he's done so for his 'side'. I was under the impression that Town shouldn't mislead anyone.

The only players who know whose on their side is the Scum.... It's the clearest sign I've had all day in this game for scum. Maybe it's too obvious.

I was just about okay with my DGB vote. I don't think she's definite scum, but she's was the best of the options given the arguments proposed. At worst her lynch would give us the most information. At best it's 2 scum down.

Then Fritzler pipes up with something that is far clearer. Of course I'm going to react to it and make it clear.

(Now I'll probably be slated for defending my reaction too much :wink: )
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:11 am

Post by Norinel »

Activity check: Prodding kirbyphreak. JamesSparrow and TSAGod have PMed me to indicate they're still around.

End of Day Vote Count:

DrippingGoofball- 6 (LoudMouthLee, Fritzler, Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2, PookyTheMagicalBear, Twomz)
LoudMouthLee- 5 (Lloyd, TSAGod, Fuldu, DrippingGoofball, RandomActs)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 3 (Dead Rikimaru, kirbyphreak, Mr. Flay)
Fritzler- 2 (TheCesspit, neongrey)

Not voting (3): broomhead, creampuffeater, JamesSparrow

10 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

Day 2:

Time can sometimes be a victor on any journey, and today time brings the day to its close before the arguments over the mafia in their midst do. DrippingGoofball is the closest, so she's pushed off a conveniently placed cliff... and her tent is just as well-stocked in instruments of destruction and subterfuge as tidus' was.

DrippingGoofball (Mafia) - lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2, deadline 48 hours unless I need to replace someone.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:17 am

Post by Norinel »

Night 2:

This time the mod fails to provide flavor, and kirbyphreak fails to provide not being shot. The guide's calculations seem slightly more heartening based on the successes so far, though:
Townies left: 15
Mafia left: 2

Mafia lynches to town win: 2
Town lynches to mafia win: 7
Chance of town win assuming random lynches: 46.0%
kirbyphreak (Townie) - killed Night 2.

It is now Day 3, 17 alive means 9 to lynch. Deadline 19 days, May 18.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:55 am

Post by Twomz »

Vote: TheCessPit

Other possible scum (in order from my pov)
MoS
LML
Neongrey (because of the whole, voting for fritz right before lynch thing)
Pooky
Fritz

I'd say 15 to 2 is great odds for the town, eh? Does anyone have any major leads based on relationships w/ DG?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:59 am

Post by Lloyd »

Vote: LoudmouthLee

See post 534 for reasons. Also, my suspicions of Lee increased after DG turned up as scum.
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:01 am

Post by kirbyphreak »

bah. go town. [/generic] i like pie!
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:34 am

Post by RandomActs »

I'm impressed. My scumdar is certainly not up to par with some other's. I didn't think there was enough on DGB. Kudos to those who nailed it.

I'm starting out with a
Vote: Twomz

I think it's unreasonable to name on a scum list those who initiated the wagon on DGB (MoS, LML, Fritz.) And although he also voted for DGB, it looks like he may have done so for cover, since her lynching was practically fête accomplished by that time.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:01 am

Post by Twomz »

Hmmm... that's a good point RA. But, in a game w/ no cops or investigations, the mafia may try something drastic to take blame away from themselves. Just because someone starts a wagon on someone isn't reason enough to clear them in my book (now, if they start or push a bandwagon on all 3 other scum... well, that's a little too crazy).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:12 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

RA, Twomz's vote was the one that put DGB at 6 votes, if he had not voted for DGB, then LML and DGB would've been tied at 5 and Lee lynched since he reached 5 votes first, why would you say Goofball's lynch was a done deal b4 he put his vote on there?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:29 am

Post by TheCesspit »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:RA, Twomz's vote was the one that put DGB at 6 votes, if he had not voted for DGB, then LML and DGB would've been tied at 5 and Lee lynched since he reached 5 votes first, why would you say Goofball's lynch was a done deal b4 he put his vote on there?
Actually, you put the 6th vote on DGB, Twomz put the seventh on. I then moved what was the fifth vote from DGB to Fritzler for what I think is still a scummy tactic of 'creating confusion for my side'.

DGB looked to be all but lynched by the time Twomz voted.

Oh, and:

Vote: Fritzler

Just to continue where I was yesterday.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Lloyd »

Pooky,

I think Twomz casted the 7th vote at the time; he even said so in post 532.

To double-check, I just skimmed votes from around time period.

In post 519, TheCessPit casted the 6th vote for DG.

In post 532, Twomz casted the 7th vote for DG.

In post 542, TheCesspit unvoted DG and voted for Fritzler.

TheCesspit's unvote dropped DG down to 6 votes.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Lloyd »

Correction to my previous post:

TheCesspit is correct that Pooky put the 6th vote on DG at the time.

In post 529, Pooky casted the 6th vote for DG.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:54 am

I'm still very uncomfortable with RA.

He did only FOS Tidus, stayed off the initial goofball wagon on day1 and then put Lee at 5 votes to get him ahead of goofball while defending goofball during that crucial stretch b4 Goofball's lynch.
RA wrote:Ok, it comes down to this for me: I find nothing particularly scummy about DGB's behavior, but she is unorthodox to say the least. Furthermore, I think it's tech for scum to target unusual play because it's easier convince townies that it's scum behavior. Therefore:

Vote: LoudMouthLee
He fails to state why he thinks Goofball is innocent(or even bother to address the case that I made against Goofball based on Tidus's reaction to the Day1Goofball wagon, he pretends that Goofball's wagon is based solely on behaviour which it is definitely not and then votes for Lee without giving proper reasoning(With Goofball/Lee at that point tied at 4 votes each he knows that his vote will make a huge impact, his nonchalance while casting it makes me believe he is scum).

Considering that we were coming up on a deadline and the votecount showed Goofball/Lee at very close(6 and 5 votes) I think it would be silly to dismiss Twomz's vote as finishing something already done.

vote RandomActs

I think RA is the best play for today.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:45 am

Post by Fuldu »

I agree with Pooky on RandomActs. Plus, the "I'm impressed" portion of his most recent post reads like scum to me.

vote: RandomActs
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:25 am

Post by RandomActs »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm still very uncomfortable with RA.

He did only FOS Tidus, stayed off the initial goofball wagon on day1 and then put Lee at 5 votes to get him ahead of goofball while defending goofball during that crucial stretch b4 Goofball's lynch.

He fails to state why he thinks Goofball is innocent(or even bother to address the case that I made against Goofball based on Tidus's reaction to the Day1Goofball wagon, he pretends that Goofball's wagon is based solely on behaviour which it is definitely not and then votes for Lee without giving proper reasoning(With Goofball/Lee at that point tied at 4 votes each he knows that his vote will make a huge impact, his nonchalance while casting it makes me believe he is scum).

Considering that we were coming up on a deadline and the votecount showed Goofball/Lee at very close(6 and 5 votes) I think it would be silly to dismiss Twomz's vote as finishing something already done.

vote RandomActs

I think RA is the best play for today.
Classic. Just classic. It was not my intent to prove DGB innocent. All my post said was that I didn't think there was enough evidence to wagon her. And it's very naughty of you, Pooky, to twist my wording around. Others have confirmed that Twomz vote was practically after-the-fact. I believe my reasoning is sound on that point.

@Fuldu - What can I say? I was wrong about DGB and was sincerely impressed that others caught onto her when I didn't have a clue. It was my mea culpa, if you will, and a pat on the back to those who got it right. If that sounds scummy to you, then that's really your problem more than mine.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:39 am

Post by neongrey »

Yeah, looking back at things, I'm liking what Pooky's saying.

I don't really care about the vote RA's placed today, but previous voting patterns look particularly suspicious to me. So...
vote: RandomActs
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:41 am

Look RA, you either think some1 is innocent or some1's guilty. In your post not only did you fail to explain why you thought goofball was innocent but you barely state why you think Lee is guilty.

At that point in the game where the players are at 4-4 and we are close to a deadline, your vote is VERY important.

By choosing Lee over Goofball you are saying that you think Goofball is innocent and Lee is scum, there is simply no other interpretation of that vote.

You can't just say that there isn't enough evidence, you have to actually refute the evidence cited.

Why do you believe what I laid out against Goofball was wrong? What makes you think Lee is scum? These are things that you simply do not address in your posting!

Did you consider these things at all? It seems from the way you've posted that you have not, that could only be if you are Goofball's scumpartner who was concerned about saving his scummate or a very very irresponsible townie.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm

Post by RandomActs »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Look RA, you either think some1 is innocent or some1's guilty. In your post not only did you fail to explain why you thought goofball was innocent but you barely state why you think Lee is guilty.
Incredibly wrong here. The world is never as black and white as this, especially in the world of Mafia. We have suspiciions, we have hunches. But nobody here is absolutely certain about anything except the scum.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:At that point in the game where the players are at 4-4 and we are close to a deadline, your vote is VERY important.

By choosing Lee over Goofball you are saying that you think Goofball is innocent and Lee is scum, there is simply no other interpretation of that vote.

You can't just say that there isn't enough evidence, you have to actually refute the evidence cited.
No other interpretation?? Wow, do you have blinders on? Or do you simply not want to hear other interpretations?? Let me tell you what my vote
really
said. It said "There's no solid evidence in this game. I have very little on which to base a vote. But I find it suspicious that others can be so certain about DBG when I'm still unconvinced. Knowing that scum will often try to build mountainous case with molehill evidence, I decided to vote again the mountain builders, because all I'm seeing is molehills." Was I certain of that vote? Nope. But that was my reasoning, and was my best hunch at the time.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why do you believe what I laid out against Goofball was wrong? What makes you think Lee is scum? These are things that you simply do not address in your posting!

Did you consider these things at all? It seems from the way you've posted that you have not, that could only be if you are Goofball's scumpartner who was concerned about saving his scummate or a very very irresponsible townie.
I never said you were wrong. I merely said I was unconvinced, which I might add, were all but 7 of us at the time of the deadline. Now, in fairness, are you going to grill the other nine of us too, the ones who didn't vote with you??
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Post by Fuldu »

RandomActs wrote:I never said you were wrong. I merely said I was unconvinced, which I might add, were all but 7 of us at the time of the deadline. Now, in fairness, are you going to grill the other nine of us too, the ones who didn't vote with you??
He should, to the extent that he feels we were pushing for LML over DG on bad grounds. I'm prepared to defend my decision, should it come to that. But Pooky's also saying that the particulars of how you did so were more suspect than anyone else he's looked at, which means that he's chosen you over the rest of us who weren't on the DG lynch to look at.

I think the patting-DG-lynchers-on-the-back attitude you started the day with fits into that. You feel that if I think it's scummy to congratulate other people on being right when you were wrong, then that's my problem. I feel that "Gee, shucks, I guess I was wrong. What can I say?" is a common scum obsequiousness after a scum lynch, which, to my way of thinking, makes it your problem.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:35 pm

Post by RandomActs »

What I actually said:
Randomacts wrote:I'm impressed. My scumdar is certainly not up to par with some other's. I didn't think there was enough on DGB. Kudos to those who nailed it.
verses how you twisted my words:
Fuldu wrote:"Gee, shucks, I guess I was wrong. What can I say?"
If you really want it sound scummy, I guess you have to alter what I said, just as you have done. If you're going to condemn me, at least do it base on what I actually say, please??

I've explained my vote. Now move along.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:55 pm

RandomActs wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Look RA, you either think some1 is innocent or some1's guilty. In your post not only did you fail to explain why you thought goofball was innocent but you barely state why you think Lee is guilty.
Incredibly wrong here. The world is never as black and white as this, especially in the world of Mafia. We have suspiciions, we have hunches. But nobody here is absolutely certain about anything except the scum.
I never bloody said anything about being certain, I said you either think A is innocent or A is guilty, thinking=/=certainty. We have our thoughts an suspicions yes, but we have a responsbility for explaining our reasoning and logic behind them, you've completely failed to do that.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:At that point in the game where the players are at 4-4 and we are close to a deadline, your vote is VERY important.

No other interpretation?? Wow, do you have blinders on? Or do you simply not want to hear other interpretations?? Let me tell you what my vote
really
said. It said "There's no solid evidence in this game. I have very little on which to base a vote. But I find it suspicious that others can be so certain about DBG when I'm still unconvinced. Knowing that scum will often try to build mountainous case with molehill evidence, I decided to vote again the mountain builders, because all I'm seeing is molehills." Was I certain of that vote? Nope. But that was my reasoning, and was my best hunch at the time.
Your "reasoning" was that there is nothing solid thus I should ignore the logic/reasoning presented by everyone else and also choose not to present any logic/reasoning myself? What made the people calling for Lee's lynch not mountainbuilders? Did you think Lloyd's post against Lee was small compared to my post against Goofball? Very unsatsified with your response so far
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why do you believe what I laid out against Goofball was wrong? What makes you think Lee is scum? These are things that you simply do not address in your posting!

I never said you were wrong. I merely said I was unconvinced, which I might add, were all but 7 of us at the time of the deadline. Now, in fairness, are you going to grill the other nine of us too, the ones who didn't vote with you??
I'm grilling you because your vote was at a critical point in the voting process, the candidates were tied at 4-4 with deadline rolling around the corner, you knew that your vote would put momentum into one candidate's wagon and possibly get that candidate lynched, essentially your vote is not just a condemnation of Lee but also a defense of Goofball who turned out to be scum. This combined with the fact that you can not even bother to explain your reasoning behind your votes and have been posting fairly skimpily this game AND the fact that you stayed off the day1 Goofball wagon and only FOSed Lloyd makes me highly suspicious of you and I believe you are the best bet for scumbag
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Funny that you said nothing about my vote at the time I casted it. I have certainly explained my vote. You may not like that answer, but there it is. You don't like the timing? It was nearly TWO DAYS before the deadline and more than EIGHT HOURS BEFORE your own vote on DGB. Hardly the last minute/under-the-wire vote you suggest it was, especially with 6 undecided votes left out there.

You are most definately overplaying this Pooky. You may not like my reasoning, but I am most definately town. If you succeed in lynching me, your own bandwagon is going to return with a vengence. I don't believe you're scum, so consider this a friendly warning. You should really move along.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”