Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 714, Ghostlin wrote:EBWOP: Bluntly, this game is putting me to relative sleep since a lot of time there have seemed to be a plethora of oneliners posted to it. I also have another game where I only very spordically post due to the fact it's lylo and town can't make up their minds.

This is the first time I've ever seen an "there's too little to read, I can't be bothered" argument.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@ghostlin - my apologies for a three post exchange with Vi because we've played umpteen games together. I will be more serious business...oh wait, I've been hunting scum all game.

@glowball - if you want to put away the dramaphone for two seconds, you have been all but entirely useless for the day. I don't think that's really being off-base.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 720, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 685, Quilford wrote:Hi, haven't posted in a while so I'll catch up tomorrow.

In post 694, glowball wrote:Mmkay so posting for activity, but I really don't understand this Ghostlin thing so I obviously need to focus and read more.

In post 701, VP Baltar wrote:lol, ice in those veins

In post 702, Vi wrote:
In post 701, VP Baltar wrote:lol, ice in those veins
HEY, I can't help it if--wait, were you talking about me?

In post 703, VP Baltar wrote:none other ;)
^Because all of this has things entirely to do with scumhunting.
Yep. And that's all that has been posted. We're such horrible Townies.

Cut by you predicting this. I must be getting predictable...

Ghostlin 724 wrote:Unless I get the mysterious quintuple voter role, I don't see much to comment on except for the fact that there's nothing much to comment on.
It's called "wagoning", or "arguing for the person you think is scum to be lynched".

If you don't like the way the thread is going,
do something about it
. Preferably something other than leaving it to die.

--

@xvart: Reading through jason I see what you're seeing. I'm not yet convinced on glowball being scum though. How does assuming glowball-Town change your read? In addition, have you played with jason before?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by glowball »

In post 722, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 719, glowball wrote:

What? Are you saying that I am LESS interested than I was last day phase? Also, what are you getting at? It seems like you wish to cast suspicion in my direction while your wagon builds, you want to place a vote place a vote. I don't have time for people who wish to feel around... Step forward if you have something to say about me.

OK. You posted a proddodge. I appreciate you wanting to review my case, but you still posted a proddodge while I'm being accused of generally flaking in this game. I'm calling you out for posting a proddodge when I don't remember you doing this yesterday.

So you're using me as a defense? Wtf?

VP-
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by glowball »

VP- there is no drama, just wondering what is going on... and there's no need to call me useless when I'm here answering questions allowing all of you to get a read on this slot if you must.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 728, glowball wrote:
In post 722, Ghostlin wrote:OK. You posted a proddodge. I appreciate you wanting to review my case, but you still posted a proddodge while I'm being accused of generally flaking in this game. I'm calling you out for posting a proddodge when I don't remember you doing this yesterday.

I'm using you as an example of someone who was heavily active and has posted nothing of import most of today. While I've been singing the praises of Llamarble is scum a lot of today, even when people have jumped off the wagon due to mysterious townreads on him suddenly. If you'd like, I could point out that Quil's not posted a lot since the census results either.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by glowball »

In post 730, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 722, Ghostlin wrote:OK. You posted a proddodge. I appreciate you wanting to review my case, but you still posted a proddodge while I'm being accused of generally flaking in this game. I'm calling you out for posting a proddodge when I don't remember you doing this yesterday.

I'm using you as an example of someone who was heavily active and has posted nothing of import most of today. While I've been singing the praises of Llamarble is scum a lot of today, even when people have jumped off the wagon due to mysterious townreads on him suddenly. If you'd like, I could point out that Quil's not posted a lot since the census results either.

Except I wasn't heavily active last phase either, and throwing my name or anyone else's to the forefront to defend yourself is suspect. I did post what I felt was important and that was Jason scum, yet while people ponder Jason/I as a scum team, I am not seeing any votes. I want Jason lynched. I am not too pleased with how Ghostlin is acting so I could get behind that lynch if it weren't for some of these people pushing it. I'm going to have full reads tomorrow after noon- hold me to that because it's obvious you guys need me to lay out what is going on in my head as I read.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Amrun »

okay ghostlin can die
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 727, Vi wrote:@xvart: Reading through jason I see what you're seeing. I'm not yet convinced on glowball being scum though. How does assuming glowball-Town change your read? In addition, have you played with jason before?
Like I said, I think they are both scummy independent of each other, although looking back a lot of my glowball scum read D1 is because I believe he was spending a lot of time putting up what I believe to be smoke and mirrors regarding the double voter Roxi. Assuming glowball-town doesn't change my read of jason at all other than I would have to reassign jason's motives. Assuming glowball-town then I would wager jason is voting Llamarble to be on a wagon and still causing a ruckus in an attempt to either 1.) get the wagon off of Llamarble (if they are scum together) or 2.) get the wagon off of the person he is voting so he isn't on a mislynch (if jason is scum and Llamarble is town) or 3.) just trying to look busy. In any case, I originally didn't like him not responding to my question here; but then I realized I asked the wrong question as the answer was obvious by where his vote was parked. I should have asked why voting Llamarble was a better vote than glowball but I lost the line of thought and thought it would be obvious by my line of stated suspicion that that was what I was going for. When someone identifies two people as being scum together there should be a logic behind which one you vote for, that being that the scum flip on one will provide more evidence on the other. The fact that he hasn't articulated why he is voting Llamarble over glowball while actively engaging glowball is suspicious to me.

I guess that is the long way to explain that glowball's alignment to me is inconsequential at this juncture as from a theoretical standpoint glowball could be either alignment as jason's behavior is scum aligned regardless of glowball's alignment. If/when jason flips scum I think that will provide more evidence against glowball which we can discuss his lynch at that juncture. If Llamarble is town and jason is scum I think glowball is most certainly scum.

As for the last question, I believe I have played with jason before but I don't remember anything significant about the game/s. I can look back through my games if you want and determine our alignments if it would be beneficial.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 733, xvart wrote:I guess that is the long way to explain that glowball's alignment to me is inconsequential at this juncture as from a theoretical standpoint glowball could be either alignment as jason's behavior is scum aligned regardless of glowball's alignment. If/when jason flips scum I think that will provide more evidence against glowball which we can discuss his lynch at that juncture. If Llamarble is town and jason is scum I think glowball is most certainly scum.

So, for confirmation for the dumb kids like me in the audience: are you saying that you think the possible link between glowball and jason is just icing as far as confirmation is confirmed? You believe they're both scum (and hence probably buddies unless there's third party scum in this game) and so the link between solidifies the idea instead of an associative read if one's town the other's scum?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 725, Kublai Khan wrote:This is the first time I've ever seen an "there's too little to read, I can't be bothered" argument.

I'm being honest with my semi-lurking of this thread, I thought I'd try it. It's more of 'there's not enough here to respond to, so I can't be bothered' argument, however.

I am curious to get a full case on my lynch, however. If it's only on active lurking and being useless, there ARE players who ARE being bigger loads than me.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 731, glowball wrote:
In post 730, Ghostlin wrote:

Except I wasn't heavily active last phase either, and throwing my name or anyone else's to the forefront to defend yourself is suspect. I did post what I felt was important and that was Jason scum, yet while people ponder Jason/I as a scum team, I am not seeing any votes. I want Jason lynched. I am not too pleased with how Ghostlin is acting so I could get behind that lynch if it weren't for some of these people pushing it. I'm going to have full reads tomorrow after noon- hold me to that because it's obvious you guys need me to lay out what is going on in my head as I read.

Frankly, I've done what I felt was right, which is Llam's still scum from being a load and having only 'his ISO' as an case. I've said the associative tells that jason came up with are lame early in the day and he's done a few things that have raised some eyebrows. Bluntly, the most coherent case I've heard so far is I'm active lurking. I'm not the only one, so I'm naturally curious why attention has been drawn to me instead of other people who are active lurking and are posting fluff who seemingly get a free pass.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 732, Amrun wrote:okay ghostlin can die

Yeah...what were your reasons from yesterday you cited? The funny thing is I decided to go through your ISO and didn't find any reasoning or a case except you thought the one person on Llew's wagon you thought was scum was me--which isn't much of anything.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Amrun »

I could make a case, and maybe I will, if necessary, but pretty much everyone sees the sliminess of your answers, so thankfully, I don't think I need to. Also your inability to articulate suspicions, especially original suspicions, is the kicker. Oh, and your "defense" involves saying "I have nothing to say" and then trying to deflect attention onto others.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am still here, not got a chance to catch up on anything the past few days. Been in class. Normal services can resume for me on Monday
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:33 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 6 )
Quilford,
Kublai Khan,
Llamarble,
Vi,
Amrun,
VP Baltar,
[/color]
(L - 2 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

JasonT1981 ( 3 )
glowball,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Llamarble ( 2 )
JasonT1981,
Ghostlin,
[/color]
(L - 6 )

Quilford ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 2 )
Cogito Ergo Sum,
Sotty7,
[/color]
(L - 6 )

xvart ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Untrod Tripod, Roxi,

Total Votes ( 15 )

Needed to Lynch [ 8 ]

Deadline: Nov. 28th at 20:00 EST
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Xvart, I see what you are driving it RE: Llama/Glow/Jason, but what do you think about Amrun and VP's heated back and forth earlier today? At the time neither of them were voting for the other just like Jason and Glow. Is the difference just that you have scum reads on one set of players and not on the others?

Jason needs to get in here and do something. This lurking is making me uneasy and I have a few outstanding questions to him.

Ghostlin, I still don't really know why you are voting for Llama over one of Amrun/Jason/CES who you said very likely contained one scum. I asked you this before but you danced around the question. I would think Lew's town flip would have made this even stronger for you.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 688, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 430, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 428, VP Baltar wrote:Jason - I don't know what your actual position on lewarcher is since you vacillate throughout that post. Is he town or scum?

I don't get why you think Ghostlin is scum either, can I get the sparknotes version of that?

Neither on instinct, I believe him to be 3rd party but not worth the lynch. We can cut a head of scum and weaken them, rather than lynch a role that can end up killing itself in the night.

Jason, why did you think Lew was 3rd party over mafia?

Also can you elaborate on your Ghostlin read? I'm interested.

Alright, I guess my 3rd party views on Lew where more because of suggestion from others saying we should lynch etc right away 3rd party. It got me thinking he was 3rd party or at least I did believe he was in anti-town role, just not scum. I agree he had things to answer, and can understand the push for his lynch however Ghost pushing lets lynch 3rd party now! was off.

Town should take out scum first and worry about possible 3rd party after. Taking out a possible or suspected 3rd party, who 99% of the time operates on him own should be second to taking out a scum role. Scum get the chance to talk in night (And day in some cases depending on mod) So to take scum out, cut one of their links making sure they can no longer give input to scum planning in their QT is more important to town.

Ghost seemed to want to push ahead and seemed more interested in 3rd party lynches than actually taking out scum.

My course ended today, I would disagree I was lurking, I have not really been around too much on MS lately in all my games, only popping in to check on my current modded game. And make a quick comment here and there if I can. But, now course is over I have no more homework I can fully focus on games again.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

glowball wrote:VP- there is no drama, just wondering what is going on... and there's no need to call me useless when I'm here answering questions allowing all of you to get a read on this slot if you must.

So, in your opinion, your sufficient level of participation is gracing us with your presence so we can get a read on you "if we must"? :? you hate this game or something?

glowball wrote:I'm going to have full reads tomorrow after noon- hold me to that because it's obvious you guys need me to lay out what is going on in my head as I read.

well praise the little baby jesus. Glad you could join us. Now if CES would just do the same.

Amrun wrote:I could make a case, and maybe I will, if necessary, but pretty much everyone sees the sliminess of your answers, so thankfully, I don't think I need to.

Actually, I think you do. Please proceed. I don't want quote stripe walls. Just give me the bullet points please.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Rewrite of earlier post so maybe it'll actually be comprehensible.

1) UT - Apparently Vi's meta experience and VPB (and Amrun?) conflicts with each other because the game Vi referenced UT was scum while VPB seems to insinuate that such behavior is his town meta. I'm not one to substitute other's opinions for my own anyways so with conflicting arguments about his meta I'm inclined to disregard it entirely. His sole purpose today has been to exaggerate my level of attack on him and defend himself against it and has yet to do anything really productive. Do not like.

2) KK - He would be 1B if not for Vi's town-tell; in review I clearly underestimated his influence on the lew wagon but in review I also didn't really care for the little things before the lew wagon and his play today is similarly underwhelming and also seems to have undue focus on my winnowing process.

3) Ghostlin - Don't really understand the wagon relative to other options, his play is pretty similar to mine I think so I can see town direction for most of it.

4) Xvart - Actually has decent content when he chooses to show up, it's just that he makes my activity level look decent.

~~

Of course that pool all falls behind Jason, he of the bad vote on the easy popular bandwagon today and being the guy not reading the thread.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm not sure I understand the Ghostlin wagon. Is the wagon mainly that he's not voting for one of the people in his "one of these three is scum" list from yesterday and is pursuing another scum read? I'm not quite sure how that's scummy. I read his ISO and I'm not seeing much of a reason to vote for him. Frankly at the moment I'm not finding anyone's play too damning. The worst that I can remember is Llamarble posting nonsense and DDDP coming up with doublethink reasons to call me scum. Neither of those deserve a vote.

I guess I'll have to read ISOs.

@DDDP
There's a pretty big difference between saying that your argument for a scum read on me is completely illogical and "exaggerat[ing] your level of attack". I never said you were attacking me, merely that your "acting town is scummy" argument is completely insane. Which it is. Especially at the beginning of Day 2.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 745, Untrod Tripod wrote:
@DDDP
There's a pretty big difference between saying that your argument for a scum read on me is completely illogical and "exaggerat[ing] your level of attack". I never said you were attacking me, merely that your "acting
typical
is scummy" argument is completely insane. Which it is. Especially at the beginning of Day 2.
Changed for accuracy.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 741, Sotty7 wrote:Ghostlin, I still don't really know why you are voting for Llama over one of Amrun/Jason/CES who you said very likely contained one scum. I asked you this before but you danced around the question. I would think Lew's town flip would have made this even stronger for you.

It's because I spent a sizeable amount of time going Llam/Jason are scum yesterday, and I don't see anything, and I mean anything in Llam's play that really screams to me he's improved any. Since we --are-- getting closer to the deadline push, and apparently the rest of town doesn't agree with me on the Llam read (for reasons honestly, Sotty, I don't get) I will:

Unvote.

Vote: Jason
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Also, my scumread on Llam is due to behaviors, not on any associative tells. I'm ok with a Jason, and would not argue with an Amrun/CES lynch today, particularly with Amrun's 'oh, I don't have to give you a case of why I'm voting the way I'm voting, the rest of town now agrees with me you're scum.'
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

why is CES scum?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”