Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 813, glowball wrote:Actually I takke back my previous statement, if we aren't going to lynch scum (Jason) then lynching me is fine.

I would really, really, really like to establish a site meta where we policy lynch anyone who says "lynch me". That so anti-win con that it borders on a blacklistable offense.

(And yeah, I know there are some situations where getting lynched is the right course of action, but this really doesn't seem to be the case.)

In post 823, Llamarble wrote:I tracked Reck to VPB last night.

That's unfortunate if it's true given that xRECKONERx can't confirm.

But since xRECKONERx was a roleblocker/jailkeeper, it's up to VP Baltar to confirm or deny your story (if he's able or willing).
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Will be back fully tomorrow. Been out a bit this weekend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Why Reck?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 451, Llamarble wrote:TOWN:
Llamarble
Ghostlin
Glowball

Probtown:
KK

Leaning town:
Amrun - rethinking a read (especially from scum to town on a townie) is a towntell.
Lewarcher - I read through several times as town and nothing blared wut at me. Reading through as scum I kept getting hooked on things like "He is thinking about 2 possibilities then decides on one of them soon thereafter while not under pressure -> is solving puzzle -> is town" or "feel free to meta me" (sounds 'I've-got-nothing-to-hide-ish) or 'kick VI's ass for lynching me' (this variant of you'll be sorry sounds kinda townish), etc. I JUST WANT HIM TO SCUMHUNT SOMETHING.

Iffy:
CES - he has a couple of decent early posts, but mostly is just watching. I could see faking governor from either angle.

Scum:
DDDP - Scumterse except for setup talk and fencesitty commentary on me / Quilford. Not enough puzzling the game out. Also 414 scumlink to Quilford wheee.
Jason - II had town on him early but I was totally wrong. 135, 161, the quote striping post is just amazing and the glowball vote is :terrible:
Would Jason make that level of wall as scum / town?

Why Reck indeed.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 825, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 813, glowball wrote:Actually I takke back my previous statement, if we aren't going to lynch scum (Jason) then lynching me is fine.
I would really, really, really like to establish a site meta where we policy lynch anyone who says "lynch me". That so anti-win con that it borders on a blacklistable offense.

(And yeah, I know there are some situations where getting lynched is the right course of action, but this really doesn't seem to be the case.)
She's scum. Don't whine about it; take it as a gift.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

You're on the 'marblewagon now, Vi. Stay faithful.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

There's no impetus for this. It's not like glowball is in lynching range, her name has been thrown around a little.

If I had gone 'Go ahead and lynch me, that's fine.' I'd be dead by now. This doesn't read 'town is frustrated' to me. It reads borderline 'oh, crap, I'm caught scum.'
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by glowball »

Okay let's get one thing straight. I didn't ask to be lynch nor do I think that I should. I hate when multiple people get run up to claim and it seems like this is where that is headed. People want Llam to claim and if he isn't lynched and we as a group can't get to scum, I'd sacrifice myself over having anyone else have to claim. I mean that may be hard for you to understand but there are slots here that I believe are potentially more useful than I am.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Quilford »

VOTE: Llamarble
Don't see a sufficient motive for tracking Reck.

Ghostlin is also scum for #831 which is just lol.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 828, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 451, Llamarble wrote:TOWN:
Llamarble
Ghostlin
Glowball

Probtown:
KK

Leaning town:
Amrun - rethinking a read (especially from scum to town on a townie) is a towntell.
Lewarcher - I read through several times as town and nothing blared wut at me. Reading through as scum I kept getting hooked on things like "He is thinking about 2 possibilities then decides on one of them soon thereafter while not under pressure -> is solving puzzle -> is town" or "feel free to meta me" (sounds 'I've-got-nothing-to-hide-ish) or 'kick VI's ass for lynching me' (this variant of you'll be sorry sounds kinda townish), etc. I JUST WANT HIM TO SCUMHUNT SOMETHING.

Iffy:
CES - he has a couple of decent early posts, but mostly is just watching. I could see faking governor from either angle.

Scum:
DDDP - Scumterse except for setup talk and fencesitty commentary on me / Quilford. Not enough puzzling the game out. Also 414 scumlink to Quilford wheee.
Jason - II had town on him early but I was totally wrong. 135, 161, the quote striping post is just amazing and the glowball vote is :terrible:
Would Jason make that level of wall as scum / town?

Why Reck indeed.

Also I didn't actually see how craptastic these reads were until now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Vi »

In post 830, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You're on the 'marblewagon now, Vi. Stay faithful.
Don't worry about it. I was just wondering if xvart actually wanted to see glowball lynched at all, after asking me to make a solid case on her (even though she was already likely to be scum...?) and even going so far as to accuse her of having the double vote with a somewhat uncharacteristic tone of post. (Answer: No - especially considering of the three people he called scum on page 3, she's the only one he hasn't spent a substantial amount of time voting)

xvart moves into Scum Tier.

Immortal Tier

Amrun
Sotty7
Kublai Khan

Obnoxious Lurkers Tier

Quilford - Untrod Tripod - Cogito Ergo Sum

Scum-Driven Counterwagon Tier?

jasonT1984

Oversized Scum Tier - Five scum, six people

VP Baltar
Ghostlin
Debonair Danny DiPietro (who has been oddly absent)
glowball
xvart
Llamarble

Seems easy to me.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:07 am

The Obnoxious Lurkers Tier is the best tier.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:29 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 2

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 3 )
Kublai Khan,
Llamarble,
Amrun,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

glowball ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

JasonT1981 ( 3 )
glowball,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
xvart,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

*** Llamarble ( 7 ) ***
JasonT1981,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
Vi,
Sotty7,
VP Baltar,
Ghostlin,
Quilford,
[/color]
(L - 1 )

Quilford ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Untrod Tripod ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

xvart ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Untrod Tripod, Roxi,

Total Votes ( 15 )

Needed to Lynch [ 8 ]

Deadline: Nov. 28th at 20:00 EST
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 756, Vi wrote:
In post 744, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:1) UT - Apparently Vi's meta experience and VPB (and Amrun?) conflicts with each other because the game Vi referenced UT was scum while VPB seems to insinuate that such behavior is his town meta.
Are you sure you read what I was saying at all?

Yes I read it, you both came to the same conclusion but you came to it from completely opposite meta reads as far as I could tell. Unless I'm missing something about the game you linked is that you argued that" UT basically hung out and said "I'm really not sure what to do or why I'm here, so give me a while and I might figure it out sometime"" as scum; and today he's hung out and while never said that in so many words he still hasn't even voted anyone today and all he seems interested in is badgering me about my analysis of site-meta.

In post 811, glowball wrote:It's pretty obvious that Jason should be lynched, since he's scum and it gives us information. Llam COULD be lynched solely based on the information we'd get. I have no idea how you people are equating my laziness to scumminess, I've been busy and genuinely trying to get reads. Just because I don't post every single though I have down here doesn't mean I am scum, it's how I play and some information doesn't always need to be shared.

"It gives us information" is the justification for a lynch that you have no actual justification for.

~~

Waiting to hear the logic of why Llama targeted who he did because right now that's the most bothersome thing for me about him, but I can't see myself voting for playing-like-an-idiot town Llama while shameless-bandwagoner Jason gets a pass.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Vi »

The third vote on one wagon is shameless bandwagoning...?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Llamarble »

Reck might currently be the best player on MS.
He basically always wins as scum and his recent track record as town makes a strong case for the paragon of mafia hunters award.
I don't have an awesome track record of reading him, so I used my power to help me figure out what team he was on.
Also he was totally in kill submitting position in terms of where D1 suspicions were.
His posting D1 was fakeable and he was on the Lewarcher wagon for role reasons.
He wasn't on my D1 reads list BECAUSE I WAS GOING ALPHABETICALLY AND GOT CUT OFF.
My PR is the only reason I bothered finishing reading through everyone after night fell rather than just waiting till day / more info.

And yeah, VPB can probably prove I'm right.
Also why on earth would I track the person I was killing?
I think I deserve to not be in Roxy range considering it doesn't really even make sense role-wise for me to be scum assuming VP confirms.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Unvote
for the moment. I really want to believe this claim.

Llama, examples of games you have been in where Reck has fooled you?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Llamarble »

Also since people didn't go away after I just claimed my action, here's my flavor-elements:
My dog Alice is an AKC champion. She's trained in both tracking (I honestly wasn't thinking about roles when I wrote up my description, heh) and agility.
She's also kind of bear-shaped (lots of fur around her legs makes them look thick + she's a spaniel) and likes to eat mail / bark at intruders.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Llamarble »

I had a strong false negative on Reck in Lovers Multiball
And a strong false positive on Reck in Atomic mafia starting on post 912ish I spend most of my posting attacking Reck and then roleblock him.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Llamarble »

I should mention in case there's confusion that the information above is what I told Zor about my dog; my role PM omitted most of it and just mentioned that Alice was a tracker.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 843, Llamarble wrote:I had a strong false negative on Reck in Lovers Multiball
And a strong false positive on Reck in Atomic mafia starting on post 912ish I spend most of my posting attacking Reck and then roleblock him.

Stupid question...'false negative' means you thought he wasn't scum and he was? And false positive means the reverse? These terms (and no, they're not why I think your scummy) don't mean anything to me, so I think you'll have to explain to the slow kids in the audience (obv me).
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 832, glowball wrote:Okay let's get one thing straight. I didn't ask to be lynch nor do I think that I should. I hate when multiple people get run up to claim and it seems like this is where that is headed. People want Llam to claim and if he isn't lynched and we as a group can't get to scum, I'd sacrifice myself over having anyone else have to claim. I mean that may be hard for you to understand but there are slots here that I believe are potentially more useful than I am.

Let me be blunt, then. #813 reads like you're giving up. While you're the only Town member that knows you're Town, you shouldn't ever do this. It's also an AtE. This is why people think you're scummy.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yeah, sorry.
In Lovers Mafia I incorrectly thought Reck was town.
In Atomic Mafia I incorrectly thought Reck was scum.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 am

Post by xvart »

In post 812, Vi wrote:Suffice it to say I won't be voting for jason Today, and a jason lynch would basically have to overrule me. So, glowball wagon?
I really don't know what that would accomplish since it make the same number of votes on glowball as on the wagon I'm on right now, which I believe more strongly is scum. I could go back and look at the other people who have cast suspicion about glowball and then we'll see; especially in the light of the Llamarble dissipating.

There were conversations / votes going on among that group starting with Sotty voting Jason, Qford finding it town, Xvart & VP finding that scummy, etc.
I simply didn't bother enumerating everyone involved because the point was to mention that there were two threads of discussion going on.
This is really interesting since we apparently have a third party and only one kill. If the N1 kill was third party then Llamarble could be scum; but if the N1 kill was the scum kill then he is cleared as town. If Llamarble flips mafia scum then VP is most likely scum since scum wouldn't claim a fake track on a JK without knowing it was true or be able to provide confirmable information. I still think Llamarble is town; I believe his motive for tracking Reck. The real question is whether or not the JK on VP was the reason for one less kill.

In post 835, Vi wrote:
In post 830, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You're on the 'marblewagon now, Vi. Stay faithful.
Don't worry about it. I was just wondering if xvart actually wanted to see glowball lynched at all, after asking me to make a solid case on her (even though she was already likely to be scum...?) and even going so far as to accuse her of having the double vote with a somewhat uncharacteristic tone of post. (Answer: No - especially considering of the three people he called scum on page 3, she's the only one he hasn't spent a substantial amount of time voting)
I haven't been spending a substantial amount of time voting for glowball because up until you detailed your suspicions my "case" was considerbly weak and without too much merit other than by association to others I found more scummy. I don't see the value in compromising on a lynch when I get the same net wagon (3 votes) between the wagon I'm currently sitting on with the compromise wagon. Of course, the jason wagon being made up of currently inactive people isn't helping me get him lynched as my vocal-ness isn't doing much so tonight I'll go back and look at everyone who has mentioned suspicion of glowball and then proceed from there.

I think it is probably going to be the most likely successful wagon at this point.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:17 am

In post 840, Llamarble wrote:Reck might currently be the best player on MS.

Maybe if he bothered to show up for all of his games.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt mostly because we have plenty of good suspects.

Unvote, vote: Ghostlin

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”