he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 931, Amrun wrote:
In post 928, VP Baltar wrote:

glowball wrote:Mmkay so should Llam turn out to be town, Vi deserves death.

I really don't see why you weren't vigged last night. Also, don't give Vi credit for calling Llam on BS contradictions when I was saying that since early o'clock. Hate on me if you're gonna hate.

Maybe because we lynched the vig, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. What is the point of this comment?

VPB wrote:
xvart wrote:The real question is whether or not the JK on VP was the reason for one less kill.

lol, wut? so there's a SK in this game?

Kk wrote:Did Llamarble just claim Serial Killer?

xvart beat him too it, see above.

But earlier, when I called you on this same thinking, it wasn't indicative of anything. Now you use it against xvart? What?

1) it was an off-hand comment because glowball is being pretty ridiculous throughout this game
2) It's not the same at all. Hearing the word 'third party' and thinking SK is not the same as saying 'there was only one kill last night, therefore VP is the SK.'
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by glowball »

Forgot to do this
V/LA until Friday
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 975, VP Baltar wrote:2) It's not the same at all. Hearing the word 'third party' and thinking SK is not the same as saying 'there was only one kill last night, therefore VP is the SK.'

Good thing no one is saying that then!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes they are. Try reading the game.

vote: Ghostlin

This wagon only really dissipated because llamar was scumming it up. I'm willing to give llama a stay of execution based on his claim, so back at it.

I also don't like xvart now...so he needs to answer my question.
YOUR AD HERE

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:02 pm

In post 978, VP Baltar wrote:Yes they are. Try reading the game.

No, they aren't.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

read what xvart and llama said to be more specific.
YOUR AD HERE

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:31 pm

You do realize I'm just not guessing as what people have said, right? Both xvart and 'marble's comments were far more reasonable than what you're describing.

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 974, Vi wrote:Post 960.

Oh well huh. Look at that. I forgot to look for changes since the last posted post count.

Even so I'd like to leave it where it is for a bit to see what happens.

In post 972, VP Baltar wrote:Decided I will claim because it does validate what Llama is saying...I was indeed blocked last night.

That has to be the weakest claim I've ever seen, since we're in a game full of roles. And it doesn't really confirm anything, because if Llama really did track Reck to you, then Reck did the block (via jailkeeping), and that doesn't exonerate you from the suspicion that you're the 3rd-party (assuming Quil's telling the truth), and that you're possibly a killer of some sort.

I'm not really sure what you were hoping to gain with that, other than to confirm that Llama tracked you -- which could be a role for either alignment.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 928, VP Baltar wrote:
xvart wrote:The real question is whether or not the JK on VP was the reason for one less kill.

lol, wut? so there's a SK in this game?
Well given the situation I don't think it is too far of a stretch given the information we were operating under at the time (the census results). You certainly didn't have much to say about it yesterday when people were saying "given a third party I always assume SK unless evidence suggests otherwise". What's the difference?

In post 929, Sotty7 wrote:Now with Xvart proclaiming I am Jason's partner I feel like he's laying in the ground work for setting me up down the road. Shame it won't shake out for him that way.
You're right. I'm laying the groundwork for back to back scum lynches. But it's funny you say I'm laying groundwork to get a lynch later on because my observation is the same about you. You think jason and I are both scum but you are wanting to lynch someone already on the wagon of your less priority scum lynch. If I was scum and I was lynched, you would only have one less person to help you lynch your second scum read (jason) tomorrow. And since you haven't drawn any connections between jason and I (at least that I recall) I don't see the logic behind that since you think we are independently scummy in your mind. But I'll make you a deal. We both agree that jason is scum. You help me lynch him today and then you and I can go toe to toe tomorrow on who is his likely partner.

In post 934, Quilford wrote:I was told that after day 1 there were 10 town, 4 mafia, and 1 third party.
What category on the list on page 1 do you think your role falls into?

In post 967, saulres wrote:xvart - Contradictions (106 - "I don't really care so much about the town read from a vote post." 116 - "I have a hard time swallowing that you had a gut scum read on anyone based on one purely RVS post."), general fishiness.
That's not really a contradiction. In the first post I was saying how Sotty's involvement in my Quilford/jason scum read was irrelevant other than Quilford assigning town motives to Sotty only saying "vote: jason". My commentary on my reads was only relevant to Quilford and jason and I was trying to eliminate the distraction of Sotty being the target of the described suspicious behavior. That doesn't mean I validated her gut scum read, which I said in the next post you linked.

In post 982, saulres wrote:Even so I'd like to leave it where it is for a bit to see what happens.
If Sotty joins this tasty wagon, the target of which she has repeatedly cast suspicion about but failed to vote, this could be a viable wagon.

Limited Access over the holiday. I should be able to post but being at the in laws I never know what might happen. Also, everyone should go see the Muppet movie over the weekend.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 983, xvart wrote:If Sotty joins this tasty wagon, the target of which she has repeatedly cast suspicion about but failed to vote

His vote's currently on glowball, isn't it?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

I now have role-related reasons to think Llamarble is scum. I also have reason to believe in VP Baltar's guilt should the former flip scum.

I am not going to fullclaim.

VOTE: Llamarble
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Uh, whatever your role related reasons are, they're wrong.
I think I may prefer Xvart / VPB over Ghostlin.
Now's actually a good time for me to read some. Yay!
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 985, Quilford wrote:I now have role-related reasons to think Llamarble is scum. I also have reason to believe in VP Baltar's guilt should the former flip scum.

I am not going to fullclaim.

VOTE: Llamarble

You mean role related reasons like these?
In post 290, Quilford wrote:You guys are going to have to endure srs Quilford this game because of xvart. >___>

Let's consult the facts.
zoraster posted that alignment was randomised. That means that people with a specific animal as their pet won't all be the same alignment unless random.org determined otherwise, which is highly improbable.
lewarcher claimed to be a role who dies when he targets dogs and kills his target when he targets cats. That means lewarcher kills cats regardless of alignment.

Because he is killing
regardless of alignment
, it only makes sense that he is self-aligned.

If you're thinking that that's a really underpowered third party role, he probably has the ability to rolecop someone during the day or something like that... guessing people's pets would make it chance for him.

Obviously none of this applies if he's
still
lying about his role, but I don't think he is.

So, it's up to whether we want a third party role who might be able to kill scum alive or dead at the end of Day 1. I'm not sure myself, but I'm leaning heavily towards dead.

Also you already claimed census taker, and I have no idea in what manner it is possible for a census taker to collect role information that makes it more likely for an individual to be scum.
So yeah, I expect you to claim this stuff fully so I can either 1v1 you or laugh at you for being stupid.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Llamarble »

VOTE: VP Baltar
Vi / Sotty seem to really be fighting the good fight. Which I guess is about what I'd expect two of the best players on our list to be doing...
And once VP & Xvart flip scum, Vi / Sotty will realize I'm town! Then they can stop listing me as scum next to a bunch of people I'm obviously not buddies with and we can all go do battle with scumbags together.

I feel slightly better lynching VP than Xvart. It is close though and I may waffle. But my waffling is probably going to be between those two.
Also Glowball may not be as town as I thought, but she was pretty town.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Quilford »

Pfft okay, whatever. I'm almost 100% sure that you're both the same alignment, and that it's more likely to be scum.

@saulres
: My Census Taker ability,
like the Tracking ability I also have
, (and which is making me very confused about Llamarble's alignment because I'm not sure whether a one-shot Tracker and a full Tracker would exist on the same faction) is one-shot.

Pretty sure Ghostlin's scum, too: questions like these
In post 950, Ghostlin wrote:Also, generic question for Vi/Llam: How do you feel about the fact that Quil didn't release the flavor of a pet who's a Census Taker?

are, to me, so impossibly scummy it's hard to believe that any self-respecting scum would ask them.

So I'm fine with a vote on any of the three but I'd prefer it was one of Llamarble or VPB.

Can anyone tell me how Llamarble's tone and playstyle in this game resemble his town and scum meta? Because sometimes I get town vibes from them, and it's not good for my reads.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Vi »

In post 984, saulres wrote:
In post 983, xvart wrote:If Sotty joins this tasty wagon, the target of which she has repeatedly cast suspicion about but failed to vote
Nope.

Quilford 985 wrote:I
now
have role-related reasons to think Llamarble is scum.
What do you mean by "now"? Llamarble hadn't said anything since the last time you had posted.

Llamarble 986 wrote:Now's actually a good time for me to read some. Yay!
On the other hand, I desperately want to lynch this.

Llamarble 988 wrote:And once VP & Xvart flip scum, Vi / Sotty will realize I'm town! Then they can stop listing me as scum next to a bunch of people I'm obviously not buddies with and we can all go do battle with scumbags together.
Iunno, 463 looked like a Llamarble-wagon dodge...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Quilford »

VPB claimed roleblocked.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 983, xvart wrote:You're right. I'm laying the groundwork for back to back scum lynches. But it's funny you say I'm laying groundwork to get a lynch later on because my observation is the same about you. You think jason and I are both scum but you are wanting to lynch someone already on the wagon of your less priority scum lynch. If I was scum and I was lynched, you would only have one less person to help you lynch your second scum read (jason) tomorrow. And since you haven't drawn any connections between jason and I (at least that I recall) I don't see the logic behind that since you think we are independently scummy in your mind. But I'll make you a deal. We both agree that jason is scum. You help me lynch him today and then you and I can go toe to toe tomorrow on who is his likely partner.

Umm... Jason isn't my second scum read. Are you even reading what I post? He's like 4th at best.

Also I don't scum hunt connections until there has been at least one scum flip. You know, common sense and all that.

In post 984, saulres wrote:

Her vote is on Xvart :P You know, the wagon you claimed wasn't viable

I'd like Amrun to weigh in on Glow. She claimed to be able to read her well, I'd like her thoughts.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Prod dodge. I need to get my head back in this game. I'll tackle it probably tonight/tomorrow morning sometime.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:52 am

In post 989, Quilford wrote:and which is making me very confused about Llamarble's alignment because I'm not sure whether a one-shot Tracker and a full Tracker would exist on the same faction

1) This is entirely possible.
2) Role madness
3) Zorzor's recent mini had 2 Town Trackers.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:01 am

Post by zoraster »

Spoiler: So Tired

Day 2

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Ghostlin ( 3 )
Amrun,
Cogito Ergo Sum,
VP Baltar,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

glowball ( 1 )
JasonT1981,
[/color]
(L - 7 )

JasonT1981 ( 4 )
glowball,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
xvart,
saulres,
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Kublai Khan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Llamarble ( 3 )
Ghostlin,
Kublai Khan,
Quilford,
[/color]
(L - 5 )

Quilford ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Sotty7 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

saulres ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

Vi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 8 )

VP Baltar ( 1 )
Llamarble,
[/color]
(L - 8 )

xvart ( 2 )
Sotty7,
Vi,
[/color]
(L - 7 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 1 )
Roxi,

Total Votes ( 15 )

Needed to Lynch [ 8 ]

Deadline: Nov. 28th at 20:00 EST
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:03 am

Post by saulres »

"
the target of which
she has repeatedly cast suspicion about but
failed to vote
"

I was tired and thought the second bold referred to the target (Jason), not sotty.

But I'm still tired, so if that's wrong again just ignore me :P
On permanent
V/LA
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yeah, I also recently played in a Thadmiral mini normal that had a tracker and a 1shot tracker.
Two town trackers happens from time to time and I've at least partially proven my role and will probably prove it further unless scum mess with me.

If you want to see my scum meta, go read a couple games; everything is on my wiki.
My play this game is sadly closer to my irrelevant townplay from Into Africa and Atomic Mafia than it is to my awesome townplay from Strategy mafia and other recent games, but I hope to remedy that.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 982, saulres wrote:That has to be the weakest claim I've ever seen, since we're in a game full of roles. And it doesn't really confirm anything, because if Llama really did track Reck to you, then Reck did the block (via jailkeeping), and that doesn't exonerate you from the suspicion that you're the 3rd-party (assuming Quil's telling the truth), and that you're possibly a killer of some sort.I'm not really sure what you were hoping to gain with that, other than to confirm that Llama tracked you -- which could be a role for either alignment.

The point was to confirm llama was telling the truth about his track (of Reck, not me). Nobody was saying it clears me of anything, but I'm also not going to full claim over that. There is no reason for me to do that.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 983, xvart wrote:Well given the situation I don't think it is too far of a stretch given the information we were operating under at the time (the census results). You certainly didn't have much to say about it yesterday when people were saying "given a third party I always assume SK unless evidence suggests otherwise". What's the difference?

lack of a second kill is just as much evidence to the contrary as it is evidence in support. In fact, I would say statistically speaking is speaks stronger to the former. That's why I'm saying making those leaps in logic is more than a touch suspicious considering how you and Llama are trying to pass it off as an open and shut case, imo.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”