Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2006 9:56 am

Post by Norinel »

Thesp replaces TSAGod.

Vote Count:

TheCesspit- 3 (Fritzler, Twomz, Dead Rikimaru)
Fritzler- 3 (Mr. Flay, TheCesspit, JamesSparrow)
LoudMouthLee- 1 (Lloyd)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 1 (Broomhead)

Not voting (7): creampuffeater, Fuldu, LoudMouthLee, neongrey, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thesp, Yosarian2

8 to lynch.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by JamesSparrow »

Mr. Flay wrote:JS's sudden reappearance seems suspicious, but much happier with my vote where it is for now.
would not it be more suspicious for me to continue being silent?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2006 5:39 pm

Post by Thesp »

Time to fix this. I have either TheCessPit or creampuffeater as scum. I have no clue why people think LoudmouthLee or Pooky are scum. JamesSparrow is disconcerting, but we can lynch him later. Mr. Flay rubs me wrong, but neongrey in particular has done smething which makes me think she's scum. Twomz also strikes me wrong.

ALSO I DO NOT LIKE YOSARIAN HE SHOULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE END.

Vote: neongrey
. I'm less sold on TheCessPit only because he voted for Dripping at a pretty crucial point.

I'm obviously not right about all my suspicions, since only two of them can be mafia, but that's what I see. I think neongrey is the play today.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 3:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Thesp wrote: ALSO I DO NOT LIKE YOSARIAN HE SHOULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE END.
:roll:

Right, when I first helped put pressure on Tidus day 1 by asking him a series of agressive questions, and then I switched my vote from Pooky to DGB day 2 at the moment when Pooky was the vote-leader before I switched, and DGB would have been lynched afterwards. I was wrong about RA, but I played a pretty major part in catching the first two scum. So why is it you "don't like me"?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 4:28 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

this is true, i don't think it would be a very good risk to take to have one scum spearhead an assault on two others in order just to appear non-scummy. i think yosarian is fine.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 5:19 am

Post by Thesp »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah...I had kind of a bad feeling about Tidus's last post, as well. Most of it was just kind a wierd summery of the whole game, but this part was especally odd:

tidus_of_zanarkand wrote:
LoudMouthLee stated a new bandwagon to pressure MastermindofSin. Many people jump on rapidly. MastermindofSin contributes nothing to the conversation other than saying he was acting scummy to raise conversation.

My scum List: MastermindofSin, LoudMouthLee, HezLucky

Right now I think MastermindofSin isn't saying anything because he knows he's been caught and is trying to wait the town out. The alternative is he is town and isn't contributing in any useful way and got called on it.

I'll stay voting MastermindofSin for right now until someone convinces me otherwise.

The comment about "MOS knows he's been caught and is trying to wait the town out" is rather odd, but the thing that bugs me the most is the "scum list".

Tidus, why are you saying that you think MOS is scum, AND you think LML is scum for starting a bandwagon on MOS? And why did you put "HezLucky" on your "scum list" without giving any kind of reason at all?
Yosarian2 wrote:Tidus: I asked you why you were suspicious of LML and espeally of HezLucky. You still have not answered my question.
This is aggressive questioning? That's mischaracterization. Your vote for Tidus came after his self-destruction, if memory serves correct.
Yosarian2 wrote:unvote:Pooky

vote:dripping Goofball
Yes, this was made at a crucial time, with no explanation, no less, which is a point in your favor. The unnerving part, however, is what you say very soon after, in your discussion with RandomActs...
Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug) Reasons are easy for scum to invent if necessary. If I wanted to, I could invent a plausable sounding reason to vote for almost anyone. When it comes down to it, the best scum tell, IMHO, is "who voted for who, and when?" The timing can be key; when would you think a scum would jump on a scum bandwagon? When would a scum try to save his scum-buddy, and when would he stab them in the back? The answer, very often, is based on exactally when the vote happened, what the game-state was, and how likely it appeared at that moment in time that the vote would have an effect on the eventual outcome of the bandwagon.
This looks like you're trying to set up yourself to look very, very good, knowing full well all you have to do is be the last one alive to win. Throwing your partner under the bus wouldn't be beneath you. This is particularly noteworthy, givn the fact that the rest of the game while significant conversation has gone on, you've really said very little about the game state, and preferred to hunt lurkers when important things are happening, notably when badguys are being run up. In fact, you defended Dripping early D1 in a wishy-washy manner. In any case, I don't think you're the best lynch today, but I don't think you should be allowed near the endgame.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 5:23 am

Post by neongrey »

Out of curiosity, what in particular have I done?
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 6:38 am

Post by Thesp »

neongrey wrote:Out of curiosity, what in particular have I done?
You've been scummy for most of the game, then tipped the scales by tying yourself to known scum. You're definitely the best lynch for the day. Good thing I'm here to show everyone, since it looks like they obviously missed it.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 8:36 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Thesp wrote: I'm less sold on TheCessPit only because he voted for Dripping at a pretty crucial point.
It's not true.
Actually he
unvoted
at a crucial point. He just cast his vote on DGB and them unvoted close to the end.
Yosarian on the other hand only could be scum together with DGB if LML is scum too, because all he needed to save DGB was unvote, that way LML would have been lynched instead.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 8:50 am

Post by Thesp »

I did miss the unvote. I'm not sure what to make of that wacky behavior. I wouldn't mind a TheCessPit lynch, but I still think neongrey is a better lynch, and I think it'd be unusual for neongrey to vote for Fritzler as well at the end of D2 if her scumbuddy is Nadering Fritzler as well.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 9:34 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Thesp wrote: I'm less sold on TheCessPit only because he voted for Dripping at a pretty crucial point.
It's not true.
Actually he
unvoted
at a crucial point. He just cast his vote on DGB and them unvoted close to the end.
Yosarian on the other hand only could be scum together with DGB if LML is scum too, because all he needed to save DGB was unvote, that way LML would have been lynched instead.
Actually, I voted AND unvoted at crucial points.

I've already explained my reaons for the unvote.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Fuldu »

Thesp wrote:
neongrey wrote:Out of curiosity, what in particular have I done?
You've been scummy for most of the game, then tipped the scales by tying yourself to known scum. You're definitely the best lynch for the day. Good thing I'm here to show everyone, since it looks like they obviously missed it.
Thus far you haven't shown anyone anything, just asserted that the case exists without making it. And, in fact, I read back over everything that neongrey has posted and can't find anything like what you're saying, so you're going to have to expand on it a little before I'm going to show any more interest in it than that.

Of course, I said my current suspicions were on Twomz and in rereading I see that he has a substantially better voting record in this game than I do and it's just his more recent posts that seem scummy. So I'll rescind my overall suspicion of him with the narrower suggestion that going forward he might want to dial back the arrogance of a few of his more recent posts.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by neongrey »

Thesp wrote:You've been scummy for most of the game, then tipped the scales by tying yourself to known scum. You're definitely the best lynch for the day. Good thing I'm here to show everyone, since it looks like they obviously missed it.
How and who? I'm still not really following.
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Thesp wrote: Yes, this was made at a crucial time, with no explanation, no less, which is a point in your favor. The unnerving part, however, is what you say very soon after, in your discussion with RandomActs...
Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug) Reasons are easy for scum to invent if necessary. If I wanted to, I could invent a plausable sounding reason to vote for almost anyone. When it comes down to it, the best scum tell, IMHO, is "who voted for who, and when?" The timing can be key; when would you think a scum would jump on a scum bandwagon? When would a scum try to save his scum-buddy, and when would he stab them in the back? The answer, very often, is based on exactally when the vote happened, what the game-state was, and how likely it appeared at that moment in time that the vote would have an effect on the eventual outcome of the bandwagon.
This looks like you're trying to set up yourself to look very, very good, knowing full well all you have to do is be the last one alive to win. Throwing your partner under the bus wouldn't be beneath you. This is particularly noteworthy, givn the fact that the rest of the game while significant conversation has gone on, you've really said very little about the game state, and preferred to hunt lurkers when important things are happening, notably when badguys are being run up.
First of all, the bandwagon I started on TSAGod day 2 was not a "lurker hunt". I had very good reasons for being suspicious of TSAGod, above and beyond his lurking; his defense of Fritzer made no sense and seemed rather suspicious to me. He (and therefore, you, his replacement) is still high on my list of suspects.

Secondly, I have no idea what you're talking about with that stuff about me "trying to set myself up to look good". I figured out that the Pooky wagon was not a good one because of the timing; with the deadline coming up, the Pooky wagon was still 1 vote ahead of the others, and I figured it would have been easy for the scum to come up with a good reason to switch and lean on one of the other two bandwagons and push them to a lynch if they wanted to. Because of that, I figured the scum probably wanted Pooky lynched, and so I switched to a different bandwagon I decided I liked better. And then, right after I did, someone else came up with a good reason to switch to LML's bandwagon. Granted that in that case, RA was just a townie who had the bad luck to place his vote at a moment when it looked bad; still, I think my reasoning was solid, it did catch one scum, and I stand by my statement that in a situation like that the timing of votes gives more information then the reason people gave for voting. So what is your problem with my logic, exactally?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote Mr Flay

Valar Morghulis
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 3:04 am

Post by Fritzler »

unvote, vote: flay master flay
Surfs up dude.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 4:01 am

Post by Norinel »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:Actually he
unvoted
at a crucial point.
I don't like guessing at player intent, but I'm assuming this wasn't an intent to unvote.

Vote Count:

Fritzler- 3 (Mr. Flay, TheCesspit, JamesSparrow)
TheCesspit- 2 (Twomz, Dead Rikimaru)
Mr. Flay- 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, Fritzler)
LoudMouthLee- 1 (Lloyd)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 1 (Broomhead)
neongrey- 1 (Thesp)

Not voting (5): creampuffeater, Fuldu, LoudMouthLee, neongrey, Yosarian2

8 to lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 9:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

After a re-read, my primary suspects are TheCesspit (mostly for his day 1 interaction with Tidus, and his day 1 defense of DGB), and neongrey (who hasn't really done much this game, and who's jump onto the LML bandwagon day 2 seems suspicious).
vote:neongrey
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 9:20 am

Post by Thesp »

If you guys need me to do everything for you...
neongrey wrote:Goofball seems to be raving a little much to me, but I'm not sure how much that actually means.
This is what really triggered my scumdar, especially since I've recently seen the same sort of comment used by a number of other scum. She's offhandedly dismissive of someone whom is now known to be scum. It serves to downplay DrippingGoofball's scummy play (and perchance dismiss the bandwagon), while not outright defending. Couple this with the fact that she has made little significant contribution towards finding the scum (certainly leaving diddly-squat of an early voting record), with only real pressure going towards MoS while he was in lurker phase. (Certainly helpful
per se
, but not inherently townie, and again not tying her to a record.) She contributes almost nothing to the Tidus conversation (which was HUGE) except the
very
late "Everything that's been said about Tidus, I pretty much agree with. If he's away for today I won't vote, but note that I'm liable to not be around much for most of tomorrow." Re: DrippingGoofball, she has the above quote and "She does seem to be kind of squirming a little much, though", which is equally subtle communication to partner scum, methinks. It's downplaying scummy behavior and trying to tell Dripping to stop squirming so much.

neongrey is clearly the best lynch today.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 9:34 am

Post by Twomz »

It would look that way, but my gut still tells me that Cess is scum (it is possible that they're both scum, in which case, it doesn't really matter what order they're lynched in, as long as their both lynched).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 10:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) At this point, I think I would be ok with lynching either one.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 5:52 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

TheCesspit wrote: Actually, I voted AND unvoted at crucial points.

If you are town you had a reason.

If you are scum you had an excuse.

Fritzler's trying so hard to lynch DGB (he even asked Pooky to vote her, wonder if Pooky would have voted if he didn't) was a great reason (or excuse) to change votes.

Since DGB was Mafia and Fritzler going after Fritzler after that make your unvote of Day 2 look much more like an excuse than a reason.

The point of accusing Fritzler of trying to decieve the town by a "fake vote count" fades when the fact that DGB was scum is taken into consideration.
I would let the mod take care of other players behavior if he considers it abusive. Players should be trying to find scum.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 6:13 pm

Post by creampuffeater »

Now that I look at it, Neongray does look very suspicious, and I do think that her dismissing Tidus and DGB make her one of todays lynch targets. I think that she should be lynched over TheCessPit, because even though TheCessPit isnt clear, he isnt my main concern
Vote : Neongray
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 6:22 pm

Post by neongrey »

I'm not the best lynch for today, in that the best possible lynch for today would involve lynching scum. If that's what you want to do, though, I won't kick and fuss. I can see how those things would seem scummy.
1. an impossible colour
3. definitely a female
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
TheCesspit wrote: Actually, I voted AND unvoted at crucial points.

If you are town you had a reason.

If you are scum you had an excuse.

Fritzler's trying so hard to lynch DGB (he even asked Pooky to vote her, wonder if Pooky would have voted if he didn't) was a great reason (or excuse) to change votes.

Since DGB was Mafia and Fritzler going after Fritzler after that make your unvote of Day 2 look much more like an excuse than a reason.

The point of accusing Fritzler of trying to decieve the town by a "fake vote count" fades when the fact that DGB was scum is taken into consideration.
I would let the mod take care of other players behavior if he considers it abusive. Players should be trying to find scum.
Don't you think thats a rather WIFOM argument?

However, no-one else seems to think the same about Fritzler, and I don't see much other evidence that isn't chasing shadows.

unvote

Pooky and Fritzler are almost certainly up to something with their voting of Mr Flay. However it's beyond me, what ever it is.

Neongrey's vote of Fritzler after me could be seen in two ways, much like my vote. Agreement, or deflection away from the scum partners.

As stated previosuly, I can see exactly why a vote on me is warranted, so I'm kinda of in agreement that either TheCesspit or Neongrey is the right vote today, because the reasons are about the same.

I still think there's something odd about Twomz... but beginning to feel it's the general disdain for my play.

Vote: Neongrey

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”