Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2006 8:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Hell, no sense in switching my stellar record so far in this game (I don't think I've been on a single successful lynch of either side). I still rpefer Pooky and/or Fritzler at this point, and neongrey is much further down in my view. What's the case, particularly, against them? Not that we don't have some wiggle room to remove suspicious townies, but there's no reason to squander it, is there?

Trying to stay caught up here and in other games. Next post likely Friday, though.
Again, why the two of them? To repeat myself:

Yosarian2 wrote:Why Fritz? The only thing I have about him in my notes of relevence is that he pushed hard on DG's bandwagon both day 1 and day 2. Why do you think he's scum? Did I miss something?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2006 10:34 am

Post by Twomz »

Lynching scum is scummy of course ;).

Fritz's behavior is usually scummy, much like mine. It's just something you get used too... although, he isn't posting as much as normal... but almost everyone is lurking in almost every game i'm in, so i shouldn't be surprised :?.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2006 11:21 am

Post by Fritzler »

Twomz wrote:Lynching scum is scummy of course ;).

Fritz's behavior is usually scummy, much like mine. It's just something you get used too... although, he isn't posting as much as normal... but almost everyone is lurking in almost every game i'm in, so i shouldn't be surprised :?.
yea, there's a reason for that
Surfs up dude.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2006 12:53 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Flay's clearly wiggling under pressure from the amazing pair of Pooky/Fritz who've cornered his scumbucket butt in the corner!

He's so clearly the recruited scumbag.

The way he was talking about looking for the recruited player and how niether Tidus nor Goofball were likely to have been recruited is what gives it away.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2006 12:54 am

wait how the hell am i scummy!?!??! :roll:

where was the logic there?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2006 1:17 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Flay's clearly wiggling under pressure from the amazing pair of Pooky/Fritz who've cornered his scumbucket butt in the corner!

The way he was talking about looking for the recruited player and how niether Tidus nor Goofball were likely to have been recruited is what gives it away.
Really? Quote this?
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2006 1:20 am

Wha do ya mean?

and why didn't you come meet Phoebs and me in NY? We were sitting at a table for 6 with only 5 people :(.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2006 3:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

LoudMouthLee wrote: Really? Quote this?
I assume he's talking about this:
Mr. Flay wrote:Maybe because some players haven't even checked in yet?? We only opened the thread like 2 days ago, isn't this a bit fast for a lynch?

I still think Fritzler or Pooky are the better bet, as our two scum caught so far are neither one I would consider a strong "recruited scum" candidate. We could possibly get so lucky as to speed-lynch the third random scum, but my money's not on it.
On another note, I'm not a big fan of worrying to much about who the recruit was, because looking back, the first person who brought up the whole "who would the mafia recruit" question was the scum DGB, right at the start of day 1. So the scum were apparenlty thinking about the issue from the very start, which makes it harder to outguess them.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2006 6:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Flay's clearly wiggling under pressure from the amazing pair of Pooky/Fritz who've cornered his scumbucket butt in the corner!

No. The recruit, as we discussed back in early Day One, stands to reason that they'd be an experienced player. Whether they'd be a VERY experienced player or just someone who's been around a while, I don't think anyone disagreed that the recruit, whoever they were, was unlikely to be a pure newbie.

I think/hope we can rule out tidus from that list. DGB, maybe, but she did ask some leading questions D1. There's enough of a feel of "distancing" between her and Fritzler (especially when Fritz comes out and says he thinks DGB is scum,
sans
investigation or any real reason at all, but then backs off and jumps down MoS' throat, staying there during the tidus lynch. Then D2 he jumps not back onto DGB, but back onto MoS (who I've never seen as scummy, except for his lurking), and then onto TSAGod, then LML, before finally switching to DGB. D3 deserves no real comment, of course, except that he did no jumping around whatsoever. I don't think Fritzler is above exploiting weakness in his teammates, and in a game with no investigative roles, it's relatively easy for scum to get on and off wagons, since they're all based on information available in thread, and thus they can't get "caught" by a cop who is holding a trump card.

But back to your original postulate, why would they recruit me? Aside from the above, what reasoning do you have to suspect me as the recruit, specifically? (Given my game history, I'd think a natural born scum would have been a statistically more likely analysis).
Yosarian2 wrote:Again, why the two of them?
The above was meant to be a reply to Pooky, but it serves half the purpose of answering your question as well. As for Pooky, I don't trust him. Anyone who speaks with that much certainty in a mountainous game is either a) insane, b) a god among mafia hunters, or c) scum. I've seen what he can do once he gains the town's favor, even if it means starting with some sacrificial plays, and I don't like that prospect here. Of course others can see it in other ways.

It's mountainous. Even given tidus' meltdown and DGB's spazzing, we're doing well. REALLY well. I think too well, which is why I think scum are all over the early wagons, to stir up dust for the endgame.
Retired as of October 2014.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2006 1:19 am

Right, cuz it'd be too darn easy if the scum were keeping off their teammates in a desperate hope to keep them alive.
:roll:

Gain the town's favor? Pooks always gots the towns favor.

:D
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2006 5:26 am

Post by Norinel »

8 days to deadline.

Activity check: Prodding broomhead, Fuldu, JamesSparrow.

No vote changes, but to get the count on this page:

Vote Count:

neongrey- 6 (Thesp, Yosarian2, creampuffeater, TheCesspit, Twomz, LoudMouthLee)
Fritzler- 2 (Mr. Flay, JamesSparrow)
Mr. Flay- 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, Fritzler)
LoudMouthLee- 1 (Lloyd)
PookyTheMagicalBear- 1 (Broomhead)
TheCesspit- 1 (Dead Rikimaru)

Not voting (2): creampuffeater, Fuldu

8 to lynch.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2006 6:12 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

I don't think I need an activity check.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Fuldu »

Rereading Flay's posts, I find myself in agreement with Pooky and Fritzler. On several occasions, Flay indicated a willingness to lynch DG, but a preference for somebody else (usually Fritzler). I had some arguments against him Day Two that I feel are still valid, if hardly damning. And his primary argument against being the recruit (which he's used a couple of times now) is basically, "No, no, they'd almost certainly want to have recruited someone better than me." To my mind, though, we have two dead scum who were relatively new players, at which point a guy with "Professor Mafia" attached to his name is going to look awfully appealing.

vote: Mr. Flay
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 6:43 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Errr? I don't think I've said since page 1 that scum had "much better" options than me to recruit; I'm just not including myself in my OWN analysis because I know what my role is. Occasionally it's useful to WIFOM like that, but pointing a finger at yourself in a game like this is tantamount to suicide.
Retired as of October 2014.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 10:55 am

Post by TheCesspit »

I'm staying where I am, just because I think the last two scum are Fritzler and Neongrey.

I have my doubts about Fritzler, mostly as his play is spartan so I just don't ever understand what he's thinking. Only time he ever did say anything much of explnation when he was pushed after the vote counts:
Fritzler wrote: If I get extra authority, im merely helping my side out, by giving us more authority.
I think it's a slip. DGB did say he was most likely to be recruited. Was this a slip as well?
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by broomhead »

well heres the thing, if we know mafia was thinking about who to choose for the recruit, and that the town would be trying to out guess the mafia on who they choose, wouldn't DGB almost clear fritzler by saying that. without thinking about what the town would think, i probably would have chosen fritz because he
is
so sporadic and hard to read. but by DGB confirming that the mafia were thinking about what we'd think, it kinda rules fritzler out at the pick(he still could be a regualr mafia)
BAMB!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 1:39 pm

Post by Thesp »

Flay can wait until tomorrow, can't he?

KILL KILL KILL!
JamesSparrow wrote:I don't think I need an activity check.
This is an odd post.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by broomhead »

who are you proposing to kill?
BAMB!
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by creampuffeater »

i think he is refering to neongray, who he is voting for. I am at a tough decision here, Flay or neon. both seem bad, but I really think that flay should live untill tomarrow, and then we get him. Ill keep voting for Neongray untill Flay or somebody else appears more scummy
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 5:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Actually, Mr. Flay, I'm a little suspicious of you as well mostly because of your voting record; you dropped an early day 1 vote on DG but then unvoted when the wagon started to move, you voted for Tidus after it didn't matter anymore, and otherwise you've been going after people who I think are unlikely to be scum. Also, this whole exchange between you and DG...
Mr. Flay wrote:
Dripping Goofball wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote: DG: [...] this whole "just joking" thing seems to point at you from the get-go, as you've been all over the sanity map thus far... I've not played with you before though, so I don't know if you're always like this.
The "just joking" thing does NOT point at me. Let me acquaint you with my playstyle personally. I won't let you get away with saying that the "just joking" pointed at me.

The only jokes I did was to "show" MoS how to vote for Twomz instead of merely FOS'ing him, and to refer to "Barnes and Barnes" as fellow goofballs. Sorry - I won't let you paint me as the Himalayan Jester.
Your "lightheadedness" on D1, and your bit about avalanches today, are similarly joking posts that don't actually move the game forward in any way. However reading over your other posts I'd say you're pretty much always like this, so it doesn't tell me much.

Fritzler, then either TSA or Twomz, then DG, at this point. Already voting for my top pick.
...just struck me the wrong way. I'm not sure if you're shadowboxing with her or trying to defend her against the whole "joking" thing.

I realize that none of that is very solid, it's more suggestive then anything else. Still, right now, Mr. Flay, you are currently third on my list of possible suspects, after neongray and TheCesspit.
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Post by JamesSparrow »

Thesp wrote:Flay can wait until tomorrow, can't he?

KILL KILL KILL!
This is an odd post.
why?
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 1:44 am

Post by broomhead »

because you've done nothing to help the town for a long time. and since there are no power roles, the only advantage of a townie is that they help find scum. if you're not trying to help, then your useless or scum.
BAMB!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Fritzler »

Thesp wrote:Flay can wait until tomorrow, can't he?
i guess

unvote, vote: neongray
Surfs up dude.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 3:58 am

Post by Twomz »

Does someone wish to drop teh hammah?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2006 4:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I think you do need to post more then this. Posting without saying anything is a scum tell.

Anyway, we're at lynch -1. Any last words, neongrey?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”