Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:50 am

Post by Twomz »

No, we've already established the fact that one of the scum is most likely in the group of you, creampuff, and broomhead (or at least, i've established it w/ myself). And the other one is probably the recruit, who is much more likely to be an experienced player (Fritz and Mr. Flay stick out, but that doesn't neccessarily mean it's them.)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

TheCesspit- 7 (Yosarian2, Twomz, JamesSparrow, Dead Rikimaru, Fritzler, creampuffeater, Lloyd)
Creampuffeater- 2 (Fuldu, Thesp)
Fritzler- 1 (TheCesspit)
broomhead- 1 (Mr. Flay)

Not voting- Everyone else

7 to lynch.

Day 5:

The group comes to a peculiar conclusion: there's been no shortage of convenient cesspits along their route to fling people into. Clearly, this was contrived by the Mafia to breed paranoia and chaos, and who better to engineer a route by convenient cesspits than TheCesspit himself? So as they climb (Yes, I'm in a flavortext mood this time) and come across another cesspit, they throw TheCesspit in. Unfortunately, his name condemns him no more than it saves him.

TheCesspit (Townie) - lynched Day 5.

It is now Night 6, send choice by Friday.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:26 am

Post by Norinel »

Night 6:

Clearly, the mafia are a blight upon all that is good and progressive, as their victim's name tonight puns quite nicely to something that would make so much more sense if said victim got lynched instead. So, um, Thesp has been pushed off a cliff, and his good appearance wasn't only an act.

The numbers are just slightly bleaker:
Townies alive: 9
Mafia alive: 2

Mafia lynches to town win: 2
Town lynches to mafia win: 4
Chance of town win given random lynch: 35.2%
Thesp (Townie) - killed Night 6

It is now Day 6, 11 alive means 6 to lynch. Deadline 13 days, June 22.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Vote: Fritzler
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:03 am

Post by Twomz »

??? I guess the real scumtell was FOSing 2 townies to throw off the town :oops:.

I'm not sure if the correct path is to follow the plan (Creampuff then Broomhead) or to try to find the recruit while we still have a buffer...
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
JamesSparrow
JamesSparrow
Goon
JamesSparrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:27 am

Post by JamesSparrow »

oh god...

vote fritz too
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:39 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

broomhead posted nothing but one defensive post yesterday--didn't help find scum, didn't vote.

creampuffeater posted suspicions of cess, fritzler and jamessparrow yesterday.

Fritzler posted suspicions of flay and cess and a bunch of sarcasm yesterday.

None of them were great town yesterday, but I don't understand picking Fritzler over broomhead at this point. The tiebreaker being that broomhead hammered two townies he didn't think were scummy.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by broomhead »

MrBuddyLee wrote:broomhead posted nothing but one defensive post yesterday--didn't help find scum, didn't vote.
*hangs head* yeah, my bad, today i will be of some help.

i am going to
vote llyod
because of yesterday. i wasn't happy with him switching around his vote when the bandwagon was at the top, i think he wanted to get off a townie's bandwagon to look more innocent.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Post by Lloyd »

broomhead,

It's funny that you now have an opinion about voting, considering that you didn't have much of an opinion the past several days.

Anyhow, Fritzler's the lynch for today. Are you purposely not voting for Fritzler?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:26 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Gyeah. Guess I can't vote for both of them, can I?

Vote: Fritzler
although I could switch to broomhead with little prodding.

JS, what's the "oh god?" about?
Retired as of October 2014.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:23 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Well, as I told before Fritzler being scum makes much more sense if he is scum together with MrBuddyLee.

Why?

On Day 2 DGB and LML were both close to being lynched, but if they had the same number of votes LML would be lynched first since he reached minimun necessary before.

DGB was lynched, and Fritzler had an active role in getting her lynched. If they were both scum it would make little sense. Lynching his partner to look pro-town would give him little benefit in a game with so many players
unless
LML was scum too, in that case Fritzler would save his most experienced partner in exchange for his less experienced one and would still look more pro-town.

What I want to know from the Fritzler hunters (specially Lloyd) is:
- Do you agree with the Fritzler + MrBuddyLee (LML) combo?
- If not, please explain why Fritzler caused DGB to be lynched by convincing Pooky to give the last vote while he could just kept silent and see LML being lynched instead.

In case of doubt about what I'm talking about please read again Day2.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:23 am

Post by Lloyd »

Fritzler plays mafia games to kill people (bandwagon'ing, day kills, night kills, etc.).

If there's scum who would vote for his / her fellow scums, it would be Fritzler doing the voting.

In a vanilla townie game without cops, helping lynch a fellow scum may re-direct suspicions away him / herself.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by Fritzler »

wow, why would i kill thesp when he would get my back?
Thesp wrote:Can someone enlighten me on why people have voted for Fritzler at all? I don't get it.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:DGB was lynched, and Fritzler had an active role in getting her lynched. If they were both scum it would make little sense. Lynching his partner to look pro-town would give him little benefit in a game with so many players
unless
LML was scum too, in that case Fritzler would save his most experienced partner in exchange for his less experienced one and would still look more pro-town.
wow, i was going to say this, thanks, im glad i read the thread for once
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:What I want to know from the Fritzler hunters (specially Lloyd) is:
- Do you agree with the Fritzler + MrBuddyLee (LML) combo?
- If not, please explain why Fritzler caused DGB to be lynched by convincing Pooky to give the last vote while he could just kept silent and see LML being lynched instead.

In case of doubt about what I'm talking about please read again Day2.
No, I think I know what you're talking about. It's a possibility that those are our two remaining scum, as experienced+experienced could last this long while the newbies got offed so early, but that's by no means a sure thing. I think Broomhead and Fritzler have been much scummier than LML/MBL so far; remember that Fritzler called DGB scum in like his second post. At that point he was committed to the idea, and if he'd argued against her, it may have gone badly for him.

We're getting very close to a WIFOM endgame here I think; there's almost certainly AN experienced scum left, because experienced players are being left alive (me, Fritz, LML up til replacement, Lloyd, etc). But who?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote: We're getting very close to a WIFOM endgame here I think; there's almost certainly AN experienced scum left, because experienced players are being left alive (me, Fritz, LML up til replacement, Lloyd, etc). But who?
You?

vote:Mr. Flay

I've had a bad feeling about you for most of the game; quite a few people have, in fact, but somehow you just never made it to the top of anyone's list.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:53 am

Post by Lloyd »

If Fritzler is scum, he can mask scum votes as Fritzler-esque bandwagon'ing.

If Fritzler is town, he hasn't provided much analyses in this game.

---

Fritzler, who are your top suspects at the moment, and why?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote: We're getting very close to a WIFOM endgame here I think; there's almost certainly AN experienced scum left, because experienced players are being left alive (me, Fritz, LML up til replacement, Lloyd, etc). But who?
You?

vote:Mr. Flay

I've had a bad feeling about you for most of the game; quite a few people have, in fact, but somehow you just never made it to the top of anyone's list.
Yeah, I'm still alive, and I'm in the "experienced" tier. So are you, thanks for reminding me. If "quite a few" people have suspicions, I'm sure they'll bring them up, but for right now you're just using an Appeal to the Majority. How about something specific I can refute?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) Mostly the same suspicions I discribed about you a few days ago. You still don't have a good voting record over the course of the game (not that anyone's voting record has improved in the last few days), but the biggest thing is just a bad feeling about you. Your attacks on people are logically consistant in the narrow sense, but all of them seem to ignore the broader context, which makes me wonder if you're actually trying to find scum or are just trying to put together logical-sounding arguments against people.

For example, you have been attacking Fritzer for "calling DG scum in like his second post", and ignoring the fact that attacking some person really agressivly for no apparent reason on day 1 is normal behavior for Fritzer. You're attacking broomhead for hammering neon, while ignoring the context; it was so close to the deadline that there was basically no chance of Neon not being lynched that day, so why would a scum make such a big show of hammering a townie who was going to be lynched anyway?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:15 am

Post by Fritzler »

Lloyd wrote:Fritzler, who are your top suspects at the moment, and why?
i don't know, i was pretty sure thesp was town, part of me thinks flay is scum, but part of me thinks thats cuz he thinks i am scum

yosarian is probably awesome

Vote: Mr Flay
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yos: I'm inherently conservative when it comes to throwing the hammer; therefore even on the chance that broomhead is a bloodthirsty townie, I don't see it as pro-town/helpful behavior. That sort of thing can get us killed should we reach a Lynch-Or-Lose endgame. I would NEVER say that a lynch is a foregone conclusion before the hammer is thrown; just looking at the voting pattern in this game should answer that, and we don't have any investigative/useful roleclaims to rescue people.

My voting record is fairly indefensible; I was way more absent for the early game than I expecetd to be, what with work eating my soul for several months. As I've said on numerous occasions, though, I'm better as scum than town, generally speaking. Why would my voting record be so poor here, if I knew I could do something about it? I'm trying to plug in now, hence my uptick in posting. I've already laid out who I think is scum, though, which is verifiable/set in stone now for future reference.

I've not played with Fritzler much, actually. A little bit of scumchat, Newbie 165, and Good Omens look like it on quick glance. On the one hand, he says he's playing differently; on the other, he's still going after people for little/no obvious reason. A three-way discussion between us, however, is likely to just benefit the scum, whoever they are....
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:44 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mr. Flay wrote:Why would my voting record be so poor here, if I knew I could do something about it?
I can think of one reason.
Mr. Flay wrote:A three-way discussion between us, however, is likely to just benefit the scum, whoever they are....
If the three of you are town, that's correct, you're more likely to whip up paranoia and end up lynching an innocent. But if one or more of you is scum, your discussion is nearly certain to benefit town. Also, you've been finding Fritzler scummy, and are currently voting for him, but that statement just kinda implied you think he's town.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:51 am

Post by Norinel »

9 days to deadline.

Activity check: Prodding creampuffeater and Fuldu. Next check Saturday.

Vote Count:

Fritzler- 3 (Lloyd, JamesSparrow, Mr. Flay)
Mr. Flay- 2 (Yosarian2, Fritzler)
Lloyd- 1 (Broomhead)

6 to lynch
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I still like my creampuffeater vote from yesterday. Between Flay and Fritzler (not the only options, but the main two under discussion), I'm more inclined to suspect Flay, but past evidence suggests that I'm naturally more inclined to suspect Flay.

vote: creampuffeater
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:28 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Fuldu wrote:I'm more inclined to suspect
Flay
, but past evidence suggests that I'm naturally more inclined to suspect
Flay
Would I be right to assume that there should be a Fritzler in place of one of those Flays?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”