Newbie 04 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:07 am

Post by just_nigel »

Phoebus I am surprised you said:
you've been harping on the fact that I considered you scum.
...and...
It's been twice now that you've been going "ooh..Phoebus fingered me as evil. I'm not! Therefore he must be."[\quote] I wonder what gave you that impression. Do you have any evidence of this?

It is true I have annalised who you voted for, but that was clearly not harping about you, because I annalised who
everyone
voted for. Besdies I specifically remember saying
Just becasue Phoebus named me, I didn't want to automatically vote for Phoebus in retaliation
You wouldn't be trying to mount a case against me by exagerating would you? :?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:16 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

You know, this game has gone on long enough now. The way I see it, I have a 2/3 chance of lynching a mafia tonight. I think Someone is most likely town. Why? He accidentally started playing in mafia 5. If he were mafia, he would have noticed that his fellow mafia was not in the game and come back here. So, despite all his somewhat scummy actions, I think he's town.

That said, just_nigel becomes very suspicious in my eyes. If I were mafia, I would do exactly what he is doing. He starts agreeing with the only confimed innocent in town, saying that he will vote with me. As I seem to be the main person throwing around accusations, being on my good side would definitely benefit him. Furthermore, he seems more eager to vote for Someone (whom I think is town) than Phoebus (whom I think is mafia). Even though he said he would vote for Phoebus, it would be better to do that and sacrifice your fellow mafia in order to look like a townie tomorrow.

Therefore,
vote: just_nigel
. Still want to vote in a block with me, now? :P
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by just_nigel »

Problem One: O dear! If you were right earlier Yggdrasil, the maffia will now either try and swing the vote for another competitor, or (if i am a TOWNIE!) fall in line behind you and elliminate me.

Problem Two: Since, you voted for the one person I can't join with you in voting down, that leaves me in a position of having to vote for someone else and try and swing the vote behind them. Well straight off that makes me look like the maffia becasue that is what the mafia would try to do (see problem one).

Problem Three: But If I pick wrong and do accidently nominate the other townie (and who is to know with spoon being so silent) I could swing the vote look, completely scummy and the real maffia would have suceeded in elliminating the other townie while still levaing me with suspicion fingered all over me.

How would I play it if I was maffia? Wait to see who 'just_nigel' votes for and then have one mafia vote with each to 'divide and concour'. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury.

But how sould I play this as a townie? Not sure any advice?
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:37 pm

Post by just_nigel »

O and I have a functional question, is it ok to private message other members of this thread, or does all discussion have to be on the board. (eg can a maffia contact a townie? or a townie contact the cop? etc) I am not talking about revealing information once you have died, but I wondered if we can form Survivor-type of secret alliances or debate tactics among the living?
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:10 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Actually, based on your post, I don't think you're scum anymore, though I'm curious as to how secret conversations would help townies. That said, I'll
unvote: just_nigel
and I need to think a bit before placing my vote again.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:22 am

Post by just_nigel »

OK this is still going slower than i like. I am about to go on holidays so, here is my vote for day two:
vote: Phoebus

If I am not back from my real life holiday but still alive in this wintery resort for day three's vote and Yggdrasil is still around next round I will
vote: whoever Yggdrasil votes

If I am alive but Ygg's isn't then for day three I will vote for the person I am messaging to our moderator, as I didn't want to show my had so much as to affect these earlier rounds of votes. I am happy for that vote to be revealed once day threestarts though.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:24 am

Post by Phoebus »

Werebear in the rules wrote:No communication outside the thread unless your role allows you to do so.
Is it that difficult to comprehend?

I'm sure you've read the rules and a few games before starting this one.
So, what's with this question?

I see this as a panic stricken mafia member trying to throw people off his scent by posting something extremely n00bish and the way I see it, extremely contradictory to his role.

A very strong FOS for you nigel and it'll turn to a vote very soon if you don't convince me otherwise.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:32 pm

Post by just_nigel »

Dear Phoebus,
Thank you for so graciously answering my question. Rest assured I have not broken any rules nor contacted anyone behind your back, except as I openly said, contacting the modorator to explain my upcoming absence. If my preempted vote is not acceptable within the spirit of the rules I trust Werebear's decision in this matter, he does not need to count it and no damage will have been done to the game.
A very strong FOS for you nigel and it'll turn to a vote very soon if you don't convince me otherwise.
Actually, Phoebus I feel quite comoftable not explaining myself to you any furhter. I have made my vote and will let that speak for itself. Everyone is now free to read the tone of your response (as mine) and make their own decision.

I look forward to seeing the final outcome
...Nigel
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:56 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Very well.

vote: just_nigel

As far as I can see, no defence equals a lost scum.

Your arguments against me are based on extremely flimsy logic and shaky ground that is crashing out from beneath you the more you speak or should I say, the less you speak? Since you offer no explanations.
The only reason why you vote for me is that I "fingered" you as being suspicious, not even as guilty. You cannot go beyond that t prove my "scuminess"? Such vehement conviction that you are a townie. I find it all an act.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:00 am

Post by Werebear »

VOTE COUNT

Just_Nigel - 1 - (Phoebus)
Phoebus - 1 - (Just_Nigel)

3 to lynch.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:29 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Because Phoebus has not yet convinced me of his innocence, I will vote: Phoebus. Hopefully I have the right person or else the game could be over.

Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:53 am

Post by Someone »

Just one problem...you didn't bold it. I'll follow suit though and say
Vote:Phoebus
. I hope we're right about this...
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:45 am

Post by Werebear »

ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME VOTE COUNT (but not quite)

Just_Nigel - 1 - (Phoebus)
Phoebus - 2 - (Just_Nigel, someone)

3 to lynch.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:43 pm

Post by Phoebus »

It's a numbers game people.

One more vote for me = one more dead townie.
Ergo, mafia win.

Ever think why Spoon has not been replaced despite his prolonged absence?
Don't think replacing scum might be possible this late in the game, effectively end-game.

My vote will remain with nigel though. While "picking up" on me, he's completely ignored Spoon.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:33 am

Post by Werebear »

Please prod Spoon already!
I'm coming on two weeks since Spoon has posted.
If he does not post by Saturday, he will be replaced. I am PMing him now. Apologies for yet ANOTHER delay.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Someone »

Guys, Pheobus is scum. It's either that, or me and just_niegel. Because, if either of us+pheobus are innocent the last mafia would have put on the last vote by now. So...Yggdrasil...you think it's more likely that Pheobus is scum than me and just_niegel, right? So, Vote Phoebus!!
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:02 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Yeah, why not:

vote: Phoebus

Although I'm not so sure of Someone's innocence anymore. Because, if Phoebus and either he or just_nigel were innocent, then the last mafia would not have put the last vote on by now. That's because the last mafia would be Spoon, who has not posted since Jan 12.

Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:06 pm

Post by Someone »

Oh, that's right....well that sucks :P
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:10 pm

Post by Werebear »

And with that dire statement, Phoebus is lynched. Alas, Phoebus, named after the sun, the source of light and wisdom. The papers in his pocket after he was lynched, of course, said he de-lighted in killing.

Phoebus, mafia scum, has been lynched. It is NIGHT. Deadline for choices, Wednesday. I will replace Spoon ASAP.

BTW, for any newbies reading... it is entirely fine for a town to post "YAY" or Phoebus to post "Go Scum" as night falls. Anything other than that might be considered breaking the rules.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:41 pm

Post by Werebear »

Smoke_Bandit is replacing Spoon.

Everyone is free to choose Smoke_Bandit as their choice.

If Spoon had a choice, Smoke_Bandit will be given the choice before day starts.

OK? :)
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:27 am

Post by Werebear »

And it seemed like the night flew by for the remaining crew in frozen paradise... except for Yggdrasil, who was chopped up for firewood with a dull axe. No longer between heaven and hell, his own personal Ragnorak has arrived... and being the good cop he was, no doubt is in Valhalla right now.

All this doesn't help the few remaining souls to find the remaining mafia....

Yggdrasil, cop, chopped to pieces.

It is DAY 3. 3 alive, 2 to lynch.

(mod note for newbies - there is one mafia left. How do we know this? Because if there were 2 mafia left, the game would be over. :))
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:33 am

Post by Werebear »

*sigh* another mod note, Just_Nigel hasn't opened the mail I sent him... January 19th. I realize he said he was going on holidays, but it's been a week. He also sent me a PM saying that if he wasn't back for day 3, to cast a vote for him, and he specified who to vote for. This really isn't done in mafia games, and CERTAINLY not on the last day.

There's a 2/3 chance Just_Nigel is town. If he is town, and casts his vote wrong, the mafia will jump on and game over. The last day's vote should be based upon posts by the remaining crew, and their past posts and voting records.

So, either he posts in the next 24 hours, or he gets replaced.
just_nigel
just_nigel
Goon
just_nigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:57 pm

Post by just_nigel »

Phoebus, mafia scum, has been lynched...
...YAY!
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 am

Post by Someone »

Ok, I feel fairly confident that Just niegel is not scum, because he was clearly inactive the whole night. Unless you have something to say, Smoke Bandit, my vote is on you.
Smoke_Bandit
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Smoke_Bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:52 pm

Post by Smoke_Bandit »

Right now I am not sure about either one of YOU.
If I am not back from my real life holiday but still alive in this wintery resort for day three's vote and Yggdrasil is still around next round I will vote: whoever Yggdrasil votes
Just_Nigel

I guess Just_Nigel could look innocent because he was willing to vote with yggdrasil while knowing that he was the cop.

I've seen a lot of posts where Just_Nigel places himself with yggdrasil. This could be scum trying to latch on to somebody that they know who maybe is pro town, but it could also be town recognizing fellow townie.
[/quote]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”