Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Jules wrote:You made this bit up aswell. I've never voted for anyone apart from you and Coron. Worrying how you claim to be townie and yet you use phrases like "if I remember correctly", when if this is the case, you obviously have the memory of a goldfish. Looks more like a contortion of facts however
Scummy, with that last line.

The withdrawal in 292 seems off or premature to me.

Nice contribution to that exchange Coron.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:26 am

Post by Stewie »

Zindaras wrote:Hey Stewie, don't you think the votes cast by perfect and luna are typical for new scum?

Yeah, he's overreacting a bit, but I'm not seeing it as typical of new scum...
You are basing you vote on perfect on two posts which, although suspicious, I see them coming from newbie town. Even if I considered perfect's posts newbie-scum, there's still only two of them, against 20 newbie-scum posts from Jules. Furthermore, there's more written in Jules' posts than in Perfect's, meaning more scumminess to extract from them.

Likewise, most of luna's posts are one-liners, and only one of which I really find suspicious (the one voting for Coron). Could have been a newbie mistake and if it wasn't then once again we have much more of these suspicious posts from Jules than from luna.

Finally, what I think is the most important reason as to why we should lynch Jules and not luna or perfect, Jules is still here and can answer questions, while luna and perfect cannot. I still didn't get a satisfactory answer as to why he FOS'ed Nai and later changed that FOS to a vote without any new evidence or explanation.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Coron »

Stewie, no, I don't find that being typical newbie scum play. I see that as a player ACTUALLY MAKING SENSE FOR ONCE.

As for the ad hominem arguement:

Sure, he did mention that you had the memory of a goldfish, but he also presented the reasons that allowed him to come to this conclusion, he told you exactly why what you're saying is wrong and THEN moved on to the personal attacks. That might be unfriendly play(which honestly I might do a bit much of myself) but it's not ad hominem and it's not scummy.

IMHO we have a perfectly reasonable reason for him to change his FOS to a vote if we think instead of not thinking, if you want me to quote the post where I explain it I can, but I feel you are likely capable of finding it yourself.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:40 am

Post by Zindaras »

*pouts*

I still say I'm right, but I guess I won't get anywhere with them today.

Anyway, I decided to do a reread to take a look at Jules's scumminess. And the first 5 posts made me giggle. These are 4 of them:
Jules wrote:Random
vote: Nai
Jules wrote:Ha bad mistake coron, baaaaaaaad mistake

unvote nai, vote coron
Jules wrote:I'm back on the site
unvote Coron

FOS Nai
- I can't remember the reasons for voting you before and I think it would be unfair to vote without any evidence, but I know you looked suspicious
Jules wrote:
vote Nai
Reading his posts in isolation also make me realize how little he has commented on. He's mostly been busy with Nai, and he hasn't voiced
anything
regarding
anyone
else.

I'll agree that Jules is quite scummy.
Unvote
(if applicable),
Vote: Jules
. I believe that puts him at Lynch-2.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:44 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

Jules- 4 (CrashTextDummie, Stewie, Kelly Chen, Zindaras)
Nai- 2 (Coron, Jules)
Coron- 1 (Nai)
ShadowLurker- 1 (HackerHuck)
Zindaras- 1 (ShadowLurker)

Not voting (2): GreenLiquid, Nightfall

6 to lynch
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Nai »

I'm probably going to change my vote, soon, to Jules and save Coron for... Well, I think that'll depend on how Jules shows up. Coron is seeming less scummy in my eyes, since the end of our heated debate (with no one else posting), and Jules is seeming more and more like the best bet. However, I don't want to put him at lynch -1 without giving him a chance to respond and/or claim, preferably the latter.

And, Coron, it doesn't matter if he gave reason for attacking me. The "what does a priest know about marriage?" bit is an ad hominem, but it's a logical question, since a priest probably never got married. However, it's an attack on the person, trying to remove the support from their argument by making the person seem unfit to give that argument. And that's what he was doing by 'memory of a goldfish', and THEN, when I said that it was posts lost in the crash, his tune changed.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:58 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I could see Jules' ignoring of his switched vote during the crash as hoping that nobody remembered it (possibly not knowing that scum players can be pretty observant). However, my problem is that if he is in fact scum, it doesn't make much sense to immediately fold on that argument, since that pretty much does nothing than admit you 'lied' to the opposition.

If I had to vote for someone else, that person would be Nai. Over the course of his debate with Coron, he hasn't used very sound logic (most of the arguments stem from Coron being overconfident, which isn't enough of an argument IMO to deserve over 6 pages).

For now,
Vote: Jules
. No more votes on Jules till we get a defense/claim.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by Coron »

Nai wrote: And, Coron, it doesn't matter if he gave reason for attacking me. The "what does a priest know about marriage?" bit is an ad hominem, but it's a logical question, since a priest probably never got married. However, it's an attack on the person, trying to remove the support from their argument by making the person seem unfit to give that argument. And that's what he was doing by 'memory of a goldfish', and THEN, when I said that it was posts lost in the crash, his tune changed.
No, no, this would be an attack on the person: He has in the past based his arguements on things that didn't happen.
or maybe..
In the past he has done exactly this same thing.

That was NOT a clear example of ad hominem, because it isn't EVADING dealing with the content by attacking the person, it's taking information gained from his response to the content to attack the person.

These are too very different things.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:49 pm

Post by Stewie »

Coron wrote:Stewie, no, I don't find that being typical newbie scum play. I see that as a player ACTUALLY MAKING SENSE FOR ONCE.
I've asked a separate question which I would also like answered.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:52 pm

Post by Nai »

It seemed mostly like evasion, since he didn't really answer any of my accusations in that post, just accused me of making it up. Later on, he semi answered the accusations, though there wasn't really much of anything there.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by Coron »

Yeah, sorry stewie, I was replying from memory and forgot that bit. No, I do not really think it is overreaction.

Also, Nai, he shouldn't really have to defend something that *didn't* happen.

Maybe it did happen, I don't really remember anything that happened during the crash, and I certainly wouldn't expect him to so I don't really find it scummy that he didn't remember that.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:00 pm

Post by Nai »

Coron, you're dancing around the issue. The vote hop during the crash wasn't the ONLY thing I accused him of. But, from my posts, he only responded to one thing in his first response, passing off all others as made up. The only thing I can't quote posts from is the bit about vote hopping the second time.

It's also not that he didn't remember. He actively denied that it ever happened. Then he gave a slight nod to the fact that it COULD have happened, later.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:02 pm

Post by Coron »

As far as I'm concerned anything that happened during the crash at this point might as well have not happened.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by Nai »

That's fine. But the issue is not whether we'll take it in-game or not. The issue is that he actively denied, then said 'maybe'. It's being wishy-washy about it, in addition to trying to evade my statements about him. He's been trying to discredit the statements BEFORE responding to them.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Kelly Chen wrote:
Jules wrote:You made this bit up aswell. I've never voted for anyone apart from you and Coron. Worrying how you claim to be townie and yet you use phrases like "if I remember correctly", when if this is the case, you obviously have the memory of a goldfish. Looks more like a contortion of facts however

I agree that the withdrawal in 292 seems off. If anything, Nai's posts made Nai look worse.

I also didn't like how Jules had to stir the pot by poking at Nai for not posting. I think the Nai/Coron debate was getting us nowhere and had finally settled down for a bit. Jules managed to bring it back to the forefront which only serves the purpose of avoiding other debate.

I'm still concerned about ShadowLurker, but I want Jules to actually defend himself.

I was going to switch my vote now, but Green Liquid appeared and beat me to the punch. I'm willing to drop the hammer, but I want to hear from Jules first.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by Coron »

Nai wrote:That's fine. But the issue is not whether we'll take it in-game or not. The issue is that he actively denied, then said 'maybe'. It's being wishy-washy about it, in addition to trying to evade my statements about him. He's been trying to discredit the statements BEFORE responding to them.
Yes, it might have happened because HE DOESN'T REMEMBER.

Also it seems your trying to pull me further into defending him and less into attacking your attack. Quit acting like I should defend all his actions (even if many of them are reasonable).
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:52 pm

Post by Nai »

I'm not trying to pull you at all. We were talking about the definition of ad hominem, I was saying how it was, and explaining, and then you said that he shouldn't have to defend something that supposedly didn't happen. You started that little bit there.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by Coron »

Which he supposed didn't happen I suppose would have been more correct.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Nai »

I'm not getting into another argument with you, though you seem to want to be in these arguments.
Jules
Jules
Goon
Jules
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by Jules »

Ok, hit me. I will defend all I have to I will claim if I have to and the town want me to because I have nothing to hide. If I miss anything, bring it to my attention
Nai wrote:
It's not necessarily attacking the character of the person. It's just attacking the person to make their points seem invalid, instead of defending against the points themselves. "Why should we go to a marriage counseling with a priest; what does a priest know about marriage?" is not attacking the character of the priest, but his qualifications. That's how the ad hominem works. (I took an extended set of classes on fallacies.)

Jules was saying that, for instance, that since I can't pull up the missing posts, it must be my memory that's the problem. He also says that my arguments are just made up, for the same reason. As well, the "base your argument on fact" is not targeting the argument. It targets my ability as a debater and a player, saying that I don't base my arguments on fact.
If your argument isn't based on fact, there IS no argument - not an attack on a person but an attack on an argument. When you posted the original post and I attacked it, there was no mention of the crash. The crash never even passed my mind - I searched the thread with just my posts to see what my voting pattern had been and found that what you said was incorrect and made that statement. I was assuming, incorrectly, that you were basing what you were arguing on having read the thread "remembering" but not bothering to actually check. Only in your next post did you bring up that you were referring to the crash and what was lost, at which point I realised what you had been referring to and agreed that yes, I may have voted elsewhere but I honestly didn't know
Jules
Jules
Goon
Jules
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by Jules »

Posts 297-299

Not sure what to say to Stewie's. It comes over strongly and it was intended to come over strongly. My reaction was that Nai this was scum trying to make
me
look like scum. What other reaction do you expect when someone has posted evidence against you and it's completely false?

Just for the record - I have only completed 1 game on here, in which I was town
Jules
Jules
Goon
Jules
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by Jules »

Kelly Chen wrote:

See my explanation above. The last line and my withdrawal in 292 were based on the fact that my argument in 287 in which I was all but certain Nai was scum trying to pin things on me, was based on a misunderstanding
Jules
Jules
Goon
Jules
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by Jules »

Stewie wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Hey Stewie, don't you think the votes cast by perfect and luna are typical for new scum?

Yeah, he's overreacting a bit, but I'm not seeing it as typical of new scum...
You are basing you vote on perfect on two posts which, although suspicious, I see them coming from newbie town. Even if I considered perfect's posts newbie-scum, there's still only two of them, against 20 newbie-scum posts from Jules. Furthermore, there's more written in Jules' posts than in Perfect's, meaning more scumminess to extract from them.

Likewise, most of luna's posts are one-liners, and only one of which I really find suspicious (the one voting for Coron). Could have been a newbie mistake and if it wasn't then once again we have much more of these suspicious posts from Jules than from luna.

Finally, what I think is the most important reason as to why we should lynch Jules and not luna or perfect, Jules is still here and can answer questions, while luna and perfect cannot. I still didn't get a satisfactory answer as to why he FOS'ed Nai and later changed that FOS to a vote without any new evidence or explanation.
Posts 79 and 101. If I added anything to that I would be lying
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Just for the record - I have only completed 1 game on here, in which I was town
This statement makes me even more happy to be voting Jules.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Nai »

I think that, at lynch -1, you should probably be claiming right now. So yeah, I'm requesting a claim.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”