HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:19 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Kelly Chen wrote:
HH wrote:Why would you not want him to use the item tonight? Now that the scum know he has it, he's a target and would lose it upon his death. I say better to use than not.
Hm, I kind of doubt scum will NK Nai over this item. Even if it stops kills, it doesn't incriminate anyone like a normal block would.
That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't scum want to eliminate an item that would prevent them from killing? I can see scum not wanting to kill on any given night from a strategic perspective, but not when the timing is out of their control.

Anyway, it's Nai's decision when to use it and I don't see it benefitting the town to tell us when he plans to use it.

This gives us another option to verify the use of his item without exposing power roles.
Norinel wrote:Just over 71 hours to deadline.
HackerHuck wrote:I wonder if the
mod
can clarify this. Do we need to leave our tents to pass artifacts?
Yes. (With the standard disclaimers that any private info can override this, and I can't confirm or deny whether leaving tents means anything at all from a game perspective)
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Nai »

Well, that does mean that I will be blocking a lot of things, then. There's several disadvantages to using it on a predetermined night. It's also quite the WIFOM situation... I'm uneasy being in this particular situation, because it's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' type of deal here.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Do we need to leave tents to "use" the items?

If not then really Nai's item (if it is true) gives us one more chance to use our items? That could be really helpfull if we were to use it tonight.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
HH wrote:Why would you not want him to use the item tonight? Now that the scum know he has it, he's a target and would lose it upon his death. I say better to use than not.
Hm, I kind of doubt scum will NK Nai over this item. Even if it stops kills, it doesn't incriminate anyone like a normal block would.
That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't scum want to eliminate an item that would prevent them from killing?
All things being equal they would.
I can see scum not wanting to kill on any given night from a strategic perspective, but not when the timing is out of their control.
Hm?
Anyway, it's Nai's decision when to use it and I don't see it benefitting the town to tell us when he plans to use it.
If he uses it unexpectedly, the town could conceivably waste other one-shots.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Kelly Chen wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't scum want to eliminate an item that would prevent them from killing?
Are you implying that all things are not equal in this case?
Kelly Chen wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:I can see scum not wanting to kill on any given night from a strategic perspective, but not when the timing is out of their control.
Hm?
This sentence sure didn't come across. :? All I meant was that scum might choose not to use their night actions as a tactic, but they would not want to have the chance that their night actions won't work.
Kelly Chen wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:Anyway, it's Nai's decision when to use it and I don't see it benefitting the town to tell us when he plans to use it.
If he uses it unexpectedly, the town could conceivably waste other one-shots.
Good point, I was going off the assumption that one-shot actions were artifact based and would not be blocked.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Kelly Chen wrote:
Are you implying that all things are not equal in this case?
Yeah. I can think of a number of other factors that could go into a nightkill decision in this game at this time.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Coron »

Yes, all things are not equal, by eliminating this item they have a large oportunity cost. They could potentially kill someone with a perhaps more powerful ability.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:11 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Well, I don't see Nai's wagon gaining support nor do I see any other wagon but mine. I guess it's time to claim and see what happens.

I'm just a traveler, with no artifacts in my possession at this time. I was given the
Amulet of Inner Strength
, which is an immunity artifact, and I passed it on. I also have a special bond with the amulet and it will return to me if the one who possesses it is killed.

For obvious reasons, I won't reveal the who I passed it to unless the town requests it or the owner volunteers.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Confirm Vote: HH
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Zindaras »

I've got a horrible headache, I'll try to get something for you guys tomorrow, but sleep now.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Nightfall »

HH Im going to ask this once, and I want you to make sure you answer it exactly how you think it should be.

Under what terms is your starting artifact returned to you?

After this I will likely have a question / request to follow.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nightfall wrote:HH Im going to ask this once, and I want you to make sure you answer it exactly how you think it should be.

Under what terms is your starting artifact returned to you?

After this I will likely have a question / request to follow.
A rather strange way to ask this question, so I hope I'm getting it right.

When the holder dies, it is returned to me.

I take this to mean that if someone holding the amulet is killed during the day (it only grants immunity to nightkills) or if they are not wearing it at night and are killed, then it returns to me rather than being lost.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Nightfall »

What word does it use to describe the holder's death? (ie. die)
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nightfall wrote:What word does it use to describe the holder's death? (ie. die)
Exactly as I said above:

When the holder dies...

Interesting question :?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Nightfall wrote:What word does it use to describe the holder's death? (ie. die)
What's the point of asking him if you're going to give him the answer in parentheses?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by Nightfall »

He's also said that the item would get passed on if the holder was "killed"...
I wanted to know if that was his choice of wording or the item's/mod's.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Nightfall wrote:He's also said that the item would get passed on if the holder was "killed"...
I wanted to know if that was his choice of wording or the item's/mod's.
Well don't put "that is die" in the post then, it ruins the point.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:38 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Phew, the innards of my head are feeling better.

People, HackerHuck is most definitely not the correct play for today.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Wow, thanks for that :evil:
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Zindaras »

Unvote, Vote: Nai
. I'd like pretty much any lynch more than Hucky's right now. I'm still working on my analysis.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Zindaras »

Time to try an analysis:

Post 10, Post 14, Post 16:
Start of the whole Nai-Coron debate.

Post 19, Post 20, Post 21:
Perfect votes Coron for no reason. HackerHuck calls him out on it and Coron states that perfect is scum.

Post 27, Post 30:
Apparently, Nai and Jules feel that the slip-up hints at scum.

Post 36:
Perfect attempts to ease his vote off Coron.

Post 42:
Hucky asks Jules if the "slip-up" is worth Lynch-2.

Post 43:
luna jumps on the Coron-wagon, for "seeming to act a bit scummy and too sure of himself".

Post 44:
Claim! D: D:

Post 46:
Further attempts from Hucky to counter the Coron-wagon.

Post 51:
luna explains her vote.

Post 52:
Nai's reasoning for voting Coron. Since when was arrogance a scumtell?

Post 72:
Hucky's thoughts on the game so far.

Blech, *abandons linking to posts*

Stewie's the first to go after Jules. In retrospect, this looks a bit weak. Then we get another exchange between Coron and Nai, Post 115-118. Again, Hucky seems very reasonable in Post 119. In Post 121, Nai FoSes Hucky for this, which I find odd. The exchange between Nai and Hucky afterwards only has me lean more and more to Hucky as town. Post 162 once again doesn't look very good from Nai. Here's Post 171:
Nai wrote:My biggest reason? Being completely overconfident in himself with absolutely no reason to be so, probably, followed by defending Jules with a made up story.
Overconfidence is not a scumtell, and the second part was after Nai voted Coron to begin with.

Post 174 looks hypocritical, as Nai's been doing the same thing himself. Post 185 from Nightfall is very overdefensive. Stewie's inclined to change his vote to Coron in Post 190. Jules notes the hypocrisy of Post 174 in Post 195. It gets interesting around Post 205, because that's where Kelly replaces in. She just hops in and FoSes me. Post 210, Kelly's on Nai's side in the argument, but thinks that neither should be lynched, as they're the most active players. Post 212, Kelly says Nai should be able to make a stronger argument.
Coron wrote:[sarcasm]Alright! Why don't we play mafia this way? LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS AND NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF BEING SCUM AND SIT HERE AND STAGNATE FOR 3 MONTHS! Once all that is done the mod will put a 5 day deadline down and productivity will be up 600% for that but we'll still only get about 30 posts in that time and end up lynching someone mostly randomly. I love that style of play man. I wish we had more of that around here.[/sarcasm]
I wanted to restate this point because of the sheer irony.

Post 236-239 are interesting. First, ShadowLurker votes me, Coron then FoSes SL. 238, Kelly votes Hucky for being the scummiest Coron cheerleader. Coron then points out that you should vote the scummiest player, not limit yourself to a group. Post 246, Kelly states that Hucky, Jules and I are the Coron cheerleader squad. In 273, Kelly switches to voting Jules. I find Post 275 a bit odd. CTD puts Jules as newbie scum. Personally, I feel that if there is newbie scum in this game, it was perfect. Nai puts forth a scumgroup in Post 281, consisting of Coron, Jules, and Hucky, the last two mainly for interaction with Coron (and he felt Hucky was town). Then we get the Juleswagon, which ends in the Ear-claim. In Post 379, Nightfall proposes a partial mass claim of sorts. Post 414, SL says Stewie's scum. Post 415, Hucky agrees on Stewie. 419, SL votes Hucky. We then get a reread by GreenLiquid, which I still really like. Lots of debates spark up after that between GreenLiquid and others. MaMa replaces Stewie. Post 563 looks real good to me. Post 568 is MaMa's first real post. While he doesn't offer very much in the realm of arguments, it's worth taking a look at. Then we get an analysis from CTD in Post 572. Post 612, Kelly votes Hucky. Nai and Hucky claims, we have some discussion on those.

Blech, the quality gets lower the farther I get in the game, but meh.

Anyway, time to opinionate:

CrashTextDummie (Replacing conflux): conflux didn't do a whole lot. CTD, well, he made that big analysis post. He put Hucky and me as scum, SL as Town and Kelly as, I believe, probable town. I do not find myself agreeing with his opinions at all.

Coron: Has, in general, been playing Coronish. I don't suspect him for this. I think he's town.

GreenLiquid: Town. Made a really good analysis, and I find myself agreeing with that.

HackerHuck: Town. Deserves a Scummy if he isn't.

Jules: I'm undecided. I'd like to see what Apeiron does before deciding.

ShadowLurker (Replacing lunalovegood): luna made a pretty large scumtell in the beginning, and SL hasn't really been doing a lot to alleviate my suspicions.

Nai: Scummy. Claim's in the middle, and I do not like at all the way he's been attacking Coron throughout the way. His lynch is by far preferable over a Hucky lynch.

Nightfall: Lurker, as usual. I don't like the way he reacted to me calling him out for lurking (by saying I think he's scum in every game). That's a scumtell, though not a big one.

Kelly Chen (Replacing perfect62834): Perfect's early vote on Coron is a huge newb scumtell. Again, Kelly's not really giving off any townie vibes at all. I'm still convinced she's scum.

Machiavellian-Mafia (Replacing Stewie): Posted a very meh-ish analysis. That's the only thing we've seen from MaMa so far. Stewie gave off some scumvibes, but nothing really bad.

If I had to decide on a scumteam right now, it'd be CTD/SL/Kelly.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Zindaras wrote:Anyway, time to opinionate:

CrashTextDummie (Replacing conflux): conflux didn't do a whole lot. CTD, well, he made that big analysis post. He put Hucky and me as scum, SL as Town and Kelly as, I believe, probable town. I do not find myself agreeing with his opinions at all.
I do. Except for the Stewie thing iirc.
Coron: Has, in general, been playing Coronish. I don't suspect him for this. I think he's town.
Great analysis
GreenLiquid: Town. Made a really good analysis, and I find myself agreeing with that.
You agree with making a good analysis, or you agree with GL's analysis? If the latter, what did you like about it?

I would actually be ok with deadline lynching GL instead of HH.
HackerHuck: Town. Deserves a Scummy if he isn't.
omfg
Jules: I'm undecided. I'd like to see what Apeiron does before deciding.
He voted Nai and unvoted. Let's talk about Jules' item here.
ShadowLurker (Replacing lunalovegood): luna made a pretty large scumtell in the beginning, and SL hasn't really been doing a lot to alleviate my suspicions.
ok
Nai: Scummy. Claim's in the middle, and I do not like at all the way he's been attacking Coron throughout the way. His lynch is by far preferable over a Hucky lynch.
ok, what about the way Coron has gone after Nai?
Nightfall: Lurker, as usual. I don't like the way he reacted to me calling him out for lurking (by saying I think he's scum in every game). That's a scumtell, though not a big one.
ok
Kelly Chen (Replacing perfect62834): Perfect's early vote on Coron is a huge newb scumtell. Again, Kelly's not really giving off any townie vibes at all. I'm still convinced she's scum.
asdfawefasd
Machiavellian-Mafia (Replacing Stewie): Posted a very meh-ish analysis. That's the only thing we've seen from MaMa so far. Stewie gave off some scumvibes, but nothing really bad.
ok
If I had to decide on a scumteam right now, it'd be CTD/SL/Kelly.
LOL.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Nai »

Wait... You'd call CTD/SL/Kelly as a scum team, yet you're wanting to lynch me? Very intelligent. Very.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be on the block tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be on between now and then to post. So, if I do end up lynched, one message for the town:

Congratulations; you lynched a townie.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Zindaras »

Nai wrote:Wait... You'd call CTD/SL/Kelly as a scum team, yet you're wanting to lynch me? Very intelligent. Very.
No. I want to lynch any of those I put as scum, but since that is not feasible, I'm going to try not to lynch Hucky, because I feel much stronger about his townness than I do about yours.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Norinel »

Under 19 hours to deadline. If there are no vote changes before then, since HH has been at 3 votes for longer than Nai has, HH wil be lynched at deadline.

Vote Count:

HackerHuck- 3 (ShadowLurker, CrashTextDummie, Kelly Chen)
Nai- 3 (Coron, Machiaveillian-Mafia, Zindaras)
Coron- 1 (Nai)

Not voting (4): Apeiron, GreenLiquid, HackerHuck, Nightfall

6 to lynch, 3 at deadline

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”