Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Nai »

There's always the option of 'no lynch', instead of "I don't think either of them are really scum, and I have other people I assume are scum, but I'd rather kill someone I'm not sure about than leave everyone alive."
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:46 am

Post by Coron »

FoS: people not voting

Not helpful, not helpful at all.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Vote: Hacker Huck

If you die, someone else out there at least still has the imunity item (if you are telling the truth. This could be huge for us if we choose to pass this player items that we want to keep protected.

I want whoever it is that has this item to claim that they have it. If it really does give them immunity at night then they dont need to fear the mafia. If we lynch huck and he comes up town, then he must be telling the truth and you will have no reason to fear being lynched by the rest of us.

P.S. Nate if you dont use your ability tonight, then I am voting you tommorrow. We need proof that you are town / that you at least are being truthful when it comes to your artifact, and we could greatly benefit from another night with our items.

Zind> Lurking as usual? excuse me? I post and comment whenever I can and there is something to be said.

My guess at the scum trio(?) right now, HH/Zind/Coron
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nightfall wrote:
Vote: Hacker Huck

If you die, someone else out there at least still has the imunity item (if you are telling the truth. This could be huge for us if we choose to pass this player items that we want to keep protected.

I want whoever it is that has this item to claim that they have it. If it really does give them immunity at night then they dont need to fear the mafia. If we lynch huck and he comes up town, then he must be telling the truth and you will have no reason to fear being lynched by the rest of us.

P.S. Nate if you dont use your ability tonight, then I am voting you tommorrow. We need proof that you are town / that you at least are being truthful when it comes to your artifact, and we could greatly benefit from another night with our items.

Zind> Lurking as usual? excuse me? I post and comment whenever I can and there is something to be said.

My guess at the scum trio(?) right now, HH/Zind/Coron
I don't like the vote, but you are correct that killing me will not eliminate the item. My death only means that the item will be lost if someone holding the artifact dies.

I would reconsider requesting that both the immunity artifact owner and Nai use their items in the same night. Remember that one must "go outside" to pass the item and Nai indicated that his item keeps people in their tents.

Finally, I'm curious about the nature of your earlier question. Do you know of a difference between being killed and dying? Given the nature of Nai's blocking ability, that might be important to know.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Asking the immunity artifact owner to use their item? Did I say that? Are you know claiming that the item isnt a passive artifact that blocks attacks on its owner?

I take kill to mean loosing a player through something during the nightphase, or by the hand of a day vig. While I consider the word death to be used to describe a player who died through a lynch. If the item was to be returned to you if a player was "killed" overnight, it would be hard to stomach the thought of the item also granting night immunity to the player. If the owner is immune to night kills why would there be a mention of where the item would go if the owner was killed.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nightfall wrote:Asking the immunity artifact owner to use their item? Did I say that? Are you know claiming that the item isnt a passive artifact that blocks attacks on its owner?

I take kill to mean loosing a player through something during the nightphase, or by the hand of a day vig. While I consider the word death to be used to describe a player who died through a lynch. If the item was to be returned to you if a player was "killed" overnight, it would be hard to stomach the thought of the item also granting night immunity to the player. If the owner is immune to night kills why would there be a mention of where the item would go if the owner was killed.
Your implication that I'm changing my claim is incorrect. You made the assumption that it was a passive item. Look back at post 686 where I said ... or if they are not wearing it at night.

Looking at post 1, which outlines the game rules: The standard artifact rules indicate that "using" an artifact is a night action that must be chosen. I indicated where the description of my item differs from those standard rules, which is how the amulet is not lost when a player dies (does your interpretation of dies vs. killed apply here?) but returns to me.

The only thing I can be accused of not putting in my claim is that I neglected to say whether it was a one-time per person (which it is) or one-time per game.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Nai »

Wait... Why would we be using the invulnerability item AND my item on the same night? If what the general consensus seems to be is correct, my action would block the mafia kills... So the current owner of HH's item would have just wasted it. What the hell type of suggestion is that?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by Nightfall »

I never said that. I said that whoever has it should claim.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Nai wrote:There's always the option of 'no lynch', instead of "I don't think either of them are really scum, and I have other people I assume are scum, but I'd rather kill someone I'm not sure about than leave everyone alive."
Sorry, but I don't believe in No Lynches.
Nightfall wrote:I want whoever it is that has this item to claim that they have it. If it really does give them immunity at night then they dont need to fear the mafia. If we lynch huck and he comes up town, then he must be telling the truth and you will have no reason to fear being lynched by the rest of us.
The guy with the immunity amulet shouldn't claim, because, that way, we can have the Mafia waste a kill.
You're not Mr. Active and you don't post that much. I generally view you as a lurkish type, and you're the same in this game.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Nightfall »

Okay then, I still think our best play is to lynch HH. We dont loose his artifact, if he's town we know that one is out there giving someone night immunity, and as long as we dont lynch whoever is carrying it, it should stay around.

HH, from what you got from the items description, could the person that you passed your item to pass it on still in coming nights?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:49 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Nightfall wrote:Okay then, I still think our best play is to lynch HH. We dont loose his artifact, if he's town we know that one is out there giving someone night immunity, and as long as we dont lynch whoever is carrying it, it should stay around.

HH, from what you got from the items description, could the person that you passed your item to pass it on still in coming nights?
There is nothing in the item's description indicating otherwise. The only thing I was told that was different about this item is that it returns to me when the holder dies.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

HackerHuck- 4 (ShadowLurker, CrashTextDummie, Kelly Chen, Nightfall)
Nai- 3 (Coron, Machiaveillian-Mafia, Zindaras)
Coron- 1 (Nai)

Not voting (4): Apeiron, GreenLiquid, HackerHuck, Nightfall

Day 1

It is hot. The journey continues.

They were talking again. All of them, this time. About neongrey, I think. Among them I saw a sort of fury I had not yet seen before. I can't imagine why.

And as the shadows lengthened, they abandoned one HackerHuck. I can't imagine why. He's sure to die out there alone, without them, without me.

Then they tore through his tent. I can't imagine why. I saw nothing out of the ordinary, but I
felt
something- a dark presence that had dwelt there all too long.

HackerHuck (SK) - lynched Day 1. No artifacts were lost.

It is now Night 1, get choices in ASAP.
I'll check if anyone needs prodding.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Norinel »

Sorry for the delay, replacements haven't really been forthcoming. But Bogre replaces CTD, and so the Night should end shortly.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Norinel »

Deadline for night choices/discussion in 48 hours, Friday at 4:30 Eastern.

My apologies for the continued delay.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 2:

I could tell the storm was coming. So I lied alone last night, listening and waiting. Listening to the howls of the winds, waiting for the swirling sands to fall. Once or twice, I doubted I had ever done anything else.

Last night was not quiet, would not be quiet. Still, nothing appeared to happen that concerned them, but they jumped at the chance to continue their bitter talks. One even to the point where he could argue as two men. I could tell the storm was coming.

Nobody died last night, and no artifacts were lost. However, Machiavellian-Mafia's vote will count double today.

It is now Day 2, 10 alive but 11 votes makes 6 to lynch.

Also, though, ShadowLurker accidentally sent this PM to one of the other players. After some consideration, I've decided the best way to deal with the extra information is to make it available to everyone:
ShadowLurker wrote:Using my Eye of the Diviner I investigate Machiavellian Mafia and pass to CrashTextDummie
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Nai »

I DID use my artifact last night. I suppose we now know how it works, though the information is fairly useless at this point.

And now we know of an Eye of the Diviner, which I would assume is something like a rolecop.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:00 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

The Eye of the Diviner is a Cop, and I got that M-M is town, however, I was unable to leave my tent so I could not pass it. However, I will pass it tonight.

Anyway,
Vote Zindaras
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Apeiron
Apeiron
Townie
Apeiron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Apeiron »

Wow that was an insanely long night. Got to catch up a bit before I can comment more.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by Nightfall »

I have something to say, but first I need three questions answered.

The person that had the ear - What did you ask it?

Shadow - Why did you ask about MM (Stewies Replacement?) when Jules already did that night 1?

Everyone - Does anyone else have an artifact with the words "of the Diviner" in it's name?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Nai »

Didn't Stewie use a different artifact night 1? I assumed the Ear does standard questions, or perhaps questions about artifacts, while the Eye gives alignment.

And I didn't get any artifacts last night.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Well, I don't remember anything about this game. Looks like this situation calls for a reread!
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Apeiron
Apeiron
Townie
Apeiron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:00 am

Post by Apeiron »

Low activity. Sadly I must say I can't quickly find anything at all to comment on either. I'm about to randomly vote. Yes I do realize it looks scummy to post something without meaning, as an "I'm still here" post, and I realize it looks scummy to think off randomly voting on a second day, but since I realize it looks scummy I wouldn't do it if I were really scum.

Hope that makes sense :p
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Nightfall wrote:I have something to say, but first I need three questions answered.

The person that had the ear - What did you ask it?

Shadow - Why did you ask about MM (Stewies Replacement?) when Jules already did that night 1?
Good questions.
Everyone - Does anyone else have an artifact with the words "of the Diviner" in it's name?
I'm not sure this is a good question.

vote: GreenLiquid
, explain!
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Interesting night I suppose. I'll post my thoughts when I get a chance to go over the game.
The end justifies the means.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:34 am

Post by Zindaras »

But...but...but...Zindie's not supposed to be wrong!

*sad*

The absence of a kill can mean any of the following things:

-Nai's artifact blocked the kill.
-Nai's artifact didn't block the kill, but the Mafia no killed to make it seem like it did. (this is pretty Wifom-ish)
-The Mafia killed the guy who had Hucky's artifact.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”