Mercatores - week 8

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

I too shall try to earn my fortunes. This looks interesting.

/in

How much money / what goods do we start with? If anything?

Is the cost to build a trade office upgrade just from the previous level or is that total to build from scratch?

And, does the listed capacity refect total space (all goods) or just per item ?
Either you are part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. You can form two lines to make it easier for me, or I'll figure it out on my own. It is your call.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Lawrencelot wrote: You start with 10000 coins and no goods. When you build a trade office it will be lvl 1 (that's why theres no cost to upgrade to lvl1), so the table with the costs upgrade are what you have to pay when you upgrade to a certain level. The capacity counts for all goods, so for example if you have 20 capacity and you already have 10 grain and 10 gold you can't buy anything.

However, I have not simulated this game, this will be the first time for me to see if it works out, I hope it does and I hope the values are good to play with. If they aren't, I might still change them during the game, but not without notice.
10000 coins will be interesting. I think that leaves all the provinces plenty of options.

Ok. there is no cost to upgrade to level 1, but what is the cost to build a level one ? ( I see the order to build one, but no coast attached. I also am not sure about the ability to place free ones.) And should there be a limit on how many can be built by a player per week ?

And, when you say cost to upgrade to a level 3 (for example), do you mean to a level 3 from a level 1 or from a level 2?

I have no problem with capacity= total capacity, I just wanted to be sure.

I also understand about the untested nature of the game, and can appreciate that fact. I think it has serious potential and I'm trying to find any problems/ questions ahead of time so play isn't halted once it gets going. (As much as possible.)
Either you are part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. You can form two lines to make it easier for me, or I'll figure it out on my own. It is your call.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Confirm.

I took too long to post.

I'll get my 6th choice then.

Hispania please.
Also, I just wanted to double check,
-Obviously the "Trade offer" & "trade accept" would remain on the board
but are we are allowed to negotiate deals via pm ? Or does everything have to stay on the board in public?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Lawrencelot wrote:@Mad Jackal: you are allowed to negotiate via PM, but it wouldn't make much of a difference, because the trade actions have to be done here and the resources you have can be seen by everyone on the first post.
@sprontalic: alright you got graeca, but editing is not allowed when the game started.
@Raffles: btw Asia is not the current Asia in this game, in ancient times Asia was the area now called Turkey, but it doesn't matter ;).
Thanks Lawrencelot, I know it'll be public info and I'm not trying anything back handed or sinister, but some of the trades I'm imagining might involve some haggling (offer / counter offer) and such, so I would prefer to keep it on pm to avoid flooding the thread with useless drivell... (Post after post of me making and offer and another posting decline, infinite.

Obviously the final agreed to trade would have to be posted on board

"Offer trade X" + "accept trade X"..

I'm really looking forward to this.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

Cogito.

I could offer you 1 wine for 8860 coins + 8 Lumber.

I could sell bricks this turn to others, but I'l like more than the 75 coins I could get from Roma for them... Unless some-one can show me a mutually beneficial deal otherwise....
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

Leptopus (Leo)

I could offer to send you 4 brick in return for 4 grain and 268 coins.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Gents
Don't we have to complete our purchases before we can trade goods?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

(But I'll post the official trade offer to Cognito for him to accept just as soon as I can.)
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
start week 1.
10,000 coins
2 lvl 1s= 20 cap.
no total goods

------

Buy 2 grain from Roma
@10ea. = 20 coins -(20 coins spent)
Buy 1 wine from Hispania
@8000ea. = 8000 coins -(8020 coins spent)
Buy 14 Bricks from Hispania
@65ea. = 910 coins - (8930 coins spent)

-----------

post post status
buying phase week 1
1,070 coins
2 lvl 1s= 20 cap
2 grain
1 wine
14 bricks
17 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

begin Hispania trading phase.

Trade 1 Wine for 8 timber and 8860 coins with Cognito Ergo Sum

status to be updated upon acceptance of deal
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

My mistake Lawrence. I knew that it was Mad Jackal's trading phase, I apologize for the typographical error. I had planned on fixing that when the trade was accepted and I would re-post my status.

I have formally proposed a trade to CES so I'm done buying this week I understand that and everyone should be aware of that (in any other discussions of trading)

(And please feel free to double check my numbers.... I did the format that way because everything thing looks the same to me..) I'd sooner have mistakes found now than later in the game...

CES, why would we wait until everyone is done trading? That makes no sense to me. I made a good faith offer in response to your initial request.

I then made purchases based upon your agreement to that offer. And I would hope you bought timber based upon that offer.

Certainly you are not trying to hold up my use of the goods?
Certainly you are not you planning on going back on your word?

Would you prefer a different trade to be proposed?

Speaking of which, I do have "extra" bricks for sale you all may feel free to make me some offers.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 1
1,070 coins
2 lvl 1s= 20 cap
2 grain
1 wine
14 bricks
17 total goods

------

Post to process Trade 84.
(lose 1 wine)
(gain 8860 coins)
(gain 8 timber)
Upgrade Roma to lvl 2
Upgrade Hispania to lvl2

-----------

post post status
trading phase week 1
9,930 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
10 bricks
4 Lumber
16 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

logicticus wrote:can we do an immediate trade like that?
I don't know what you ar easking?

As soon as both parties are done buying they can trade...
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

logicticus wrote:i meant what bird was doing, although you did it to just through someone

i thought you could buy one turn, but had to sell the next turn

can you do both on the same turn?
Logicticus.

You can buy with coin from provincesyou have an office in during a week,, first.

Once you are done buying (possibly even in the same post)

you can start trading. Now some people are using the term "buy" from each other , but really they are "Trading coins for goods" or "trading goods for goods"

Then you can sell goods for coins to your offices in your provinces in cas much like CES has already done. If he wanted to, he could still sell the two grain he has.

But because he has already bought, traded and sold this turn , all he can do is sell now.

I have not sold, but I have traded, so I may still continue to trade until I decide to sell.

Ok ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

Offers 4 Bricks and 170 coins for 6 Timber to Raffles.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Sailor Jerry wrote:
Sell 13 grain to Britannia
Sell 1 olive oil to Britannia

I'm buying olive oil at 8000 - if anyone's interested? Sprontalic?
Not this week SJ.

You've begun the sell phase....
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Raffles. While I appreciate the offer for my bricks, I wish to reconsider.

My agent in Roma assures me he will buy my bricks at 75 each and then turn around to sell them to you for 100 making a tidy profit for himself of 25 per brick.

While I do not want him to make a 25 profit I don't think it behooves me to only take 5 of the profit and leave 20 for you.

Consequently, I sumbit 4 bricks for 350 coins would be more agreeable and request that you also agree to buy me 10 lumber next week to sell to me at 90 per.
For that I could also guarantee you an amount of bricks at 87.5 per next turn.

Is that fair? Post your trade offer if you like what I'm saying and I'll accept.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:46 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Posting as an update at the end of the thread to show I'm still in the trading phase and let everyone know what I've got.

I'd like to split the profit on brick equally with anyone else who wants or could use brick. I'll even sell all 10 (noticing I still have some "offers" that have no been responded too. Leptopus for example with whom I spoke with today has yet begun to buy...

-----------

current status
trading phase week 1
9,930 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
10 bricks
4 Lumber
16 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Mad Jackal, I meant to say "buying", waiting until everyone was done buying. I wasn't entirely sure we could trade yet.

Money Balance: 10000 - 940 = 9060

Accept Trade #84.

I now have 100 coins, 1 wine and 2 grain.

Sell 1 wine to the Alpes.

I'm done for the week with 12100 coins and 2 grain.
One small bit. If the 9060 number is right, our trade processed at 8860 which would leave 200 coins not 100 coins.
Which would be 12200 coins and two grains .

again, assuming my math and assumptions are correct.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

bird1111 wrote:I'll trade you some coins for 2-3 bricks

Edit: Does 160 coins for 2 bricks sound fine to you?
bird1111, my notes show you have started to sell and thus would not be able to trade with me. But I'll look at it anyway and we can table it to next week if I'm right. OK ?

Raffles. I'm easy. You post the trade offer (especially as I don't know the number you need), and if it's the equitable terms, then I'll accept. I would prefer the number you buy leave me enough to fufill my posted (not bolded) offer to leptopus, but it doesn't have to. He may just have to miss out if he doesn't get to trading soon.

You don't have to lock into buying bricks next week if you don't want, and you don't have to lock into selling me timber if you'd prefer not to. I realize that it looks like I can sell the timber for 5 more than 90, but I need the timber, so it really is that I'm getting it for 10 less than what I could pay Roma to it.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Thanks for a hundred coins!

well since I didn't have them I figured you 'did'.. You can pay-pal the 10% finders fee anytime tonight.

:D

Besides, if you beat me by those 100 coins I'll eat my hat.

:D
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

bird1111 wrote:Postturn posttrade status:
9670 coins
1 Level 1 Office in Roma
1 Level 2 Office in Germania
bird1111.

My mistake then. When I went through to mark everyone I read that
postturn
as after your turn and done. (Especially as you showed no good to sell.)

let me dig out my calculator on the trade..
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 1
9,930 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
10 bricks
4 Lumber
16 total goods

---

Accept trade offer 137.

gain 350 coins
send 4 brick to raffles.

----
pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,280 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
6 bricks
4 Lumber
12 total goods

I still have 6 bricks to sell.

bird1111 see my previous posts to raffles. I think I'll want 175 for 2 from you unless you are selling them.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,280 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
6 bricks
4 Lumber
12 total goods

---

Accept trade offer 140

gain 175 coins
send 2 brick to bird1111.

----
pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,455 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
4 bricks
4 Lumber
10 total goods

I still have 4 bricks to sell.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

Leptopus Remember to fully complete your buying before you agree to this trade, but I think it has merit for both sides.

Offer 4 Brick to Leptopus for 350 coins
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,455 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
4 bricks
4 Lumber
10 total goods

---

process trade #143
gain 350 coins
send 4 brick to Leptopus.

----
pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,805 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
4 Lumber
6 total goods

-------------

Offer 36 coins to Leptopus for 4 grain
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,805 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
4 Lumber
6 total goods

---

process trade #147
spend 36 coins
get 2 grain from Leptopus.

----
pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,769 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
6 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
4 Lumber
10 total goods

-------------

Waiting for responses to a few pms... and or new trades maybe. Otherwise I'm ready to roll over.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

logicticus wrote:i mean 90 for timber is pretty steep dont you think? thats quite the markup you are giving yourself
I don't really know logic.

Mad Jackal for example has to buy them from Roma at 100 coins which is where Raffles could sell his lumber for 80.

So raffles getting 10 coins per over 80 per log and Mad Jackal getting 10 coins under 100 per log seems like a reasonable deal to me.

Such that "pretty steep mark-up" doesn't seem to apply.. but then again I was able to procure them at 80 last week- though I think that transaction had anotehr cost assoiciated with it as well.

My problem with raffles and his current offer is more that the timing of the trade would put it after the buying phase at which I think I want my lumber next turn....

And I'm not sure how much brick I will be able to hold next turn so I'll get back to you raffles after I can run some numbers ok ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Edit by way of double post. I got 4 grain from Leptopus in trade 147 and did the final quantities right, but I only listed 2 grain in the transaction section. My apologies.

the current status is right.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

CES, at this time I don' think so.

I did that mainly for the wood, and next week I'll need the wood before you can trade it to me... And I am not sure with my other purchase list / requirements that I'll even be able to buy a wine that time around.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

plus, I forgot to mention it makes me feel nervous that another said thye could cut you a better deal. I can't afford to get myself undercut at this point.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 1
10,769 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
6 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
4 Lumber
10 total goods

---

Accept Loan 167
5000 for 10% per week for 3 weeks interest due during trading phase each week.
process loan #167 add 5000 coins
(from shanba)

----
pre-post status
trading phase week 1
15,769 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
6 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
4 Lumber
10 total goods
1 loan outstanding (5000 @ 10% per for 3 weeks)
payments expected to pay: 500 due wk 2, 500 due wk 3, 5500 due wk 4.

-------------

thanks Shanba, I'm doing this as I don't think I'll be hurt by it, and I want to see how it plays out.

Waiting for responses to a few pms... and or new trades maybe. Otherwise I'm ready to roll over.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

edit. by way of double post. Shanba I don't think I have a mechanism to get you coins in the buy phase. If I do then I guess I agree (as I accepted the trade ) but I thought we had negotiated the intrest in the trading phase...
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #33) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Leptopus wrote:I'd be interested in Timber at 90 next week.

On another topic, we need to know when the turn is going to end in advance, so we can log in and do our selling.
I would hope that sending a pm to the mod of a list of "if the week ends before I can log on I will sell x goods to y provinces" would work.

I had been planning to do that back when I had goods I was going to sell.

I can't say that it will, but Lawrencelot could....
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Shanba wrote:
Mad Jackal wrote:edit. by way of double post. Shanba I don't think I have a mechanism to get you coins in the buy phase. If I do then I guess I agree (as I accepted the trade ) but I thought we had negotiated the intrest in the trading phase...
My assumption is the mod will transfer the money to me with or without your intervention, and it's more useful to me in the buy phase :wink:. If I'm wrong, of course, then I'm happy with you sending me the money during the trading phase.
Well this is true, and while I understand your position that we had negotiated one thing and posted another. Shame on me for not reading it all 100% fully before accepting. I stand warned.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
start week 2
15,769 coins
2 lvl 2s= 24 cap
4 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
4 Lumber
8 total goods

---

Buy 6 timber from Roma @ 100ea. =600 coins (600 spent)
Buy 10 Bricks from Hispania @ 65ea. = 650 coins (1250 spent)

Upgraded Roma to lvl 3

(lose 5 wood, 5 brick)
Upgrade Hispania to lvl 3

(lose 5 wood, 5 brick)

----
post-post status
buying phase week 2
14,519 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
4 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
4 total goods

I would be interested in selling slaves and brick to Gracea.
And I would be interested in trading bricks for lumber.
Any quantites/ prices for these trades before I finish my buying phase?
Anyone else want bricks? I'll be asking 87.5ea.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:19 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Raffles, I'm not in my trading phase yet.

But how close to a deal would straight up brick for timber 1:1 be for you? We both pay 65 to buy the unit to begin with.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #37) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Bird I've not checked your math, but Timber isn't 7 per in germany is it ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #38) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

yeah raffles. I noticed your friend fixed that for you.

fair enough.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #39) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
buying phase week 2
14,519 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
4 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
4 total goods

---

Buy 2 olive oil from Hispania
@ 5800ea. = 11600 coins (11600 coins spent)

----
post-post status
buying phase week 2
2,919 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
4 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
2 Olive Oil
6 total goods

I would be interested in selling slaves and brick to Gracea.
And I would be interested in trading bricks for lumber.
Any quantites/ prices for these trades before I finish my buying phase?
Anyone else want bricks? I'll be asking 87.5ea.
Last edited by Mad Jackal on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #40) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

sorry about the edit, I had listed teh oil costing 10600 instead of 11600, AND I typed "64" total good instead of replacing the 4 with 6....
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:13 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Frankly , while I think the values may need adjusting I don't think they need to do so right now (or that they needed to already) . And I agree with SJ that with guarnateed fluctuating prices this game turns into something completely different.

I knew full well I could get an "undesireable" province when signing up for the game, and made some plans and strategies for each that I thought might work.

I'd prefer to play this out as designed, with the values that were listed at the beginning to get data to then change the values if need be for the next match up.

Granted if the lower provinces are "SO bad" that we can't have 11 players, then the point is moot anyway isn't it?

Whihc brings me to this point. Why if the prices were so "off" were no changes made to correct the at that time only vacant province? Surely one would think the values for the next to last province that was picked (and one that was then declined to be played) would be in need of adjustment?

Hmmmmmmmmm.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:35 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Lawrencelot wrote:Alright, you guys have a point. I won't change the prices every week, but I will change them until they are fair enough (if you look at the luxury goods, they are not really fair for everyone). The myth powers will add some variety, which was said in the rules from the beginning of the game, but these are not random, because the players choose everything. What I could do is make the values based on how much has been bought from a certain province, but this would change the game too much. So,
The prices won't change every week, but will be adapted until they are fair
. I won't include random events like a bad wine year, but these will be included in the myth powers, along with robbers, pirates, war and peace and such.
I have no problem with changing prices until they are fair- I only object to the dynamic prices model. The dynamic prices model makes this a market manipulation/speculation game as opposed to a trading game.

I disagree that
Thing about this game is if you get a decent region, then you don't trade with other people. That would be helping others to get richer, and if you are winning, it is not in your interest to do so.
Tell me exactly who is doing that right now. And why this is a better strategy for them ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

One small question. How is this resolvable? (I had considered trading in slaves this week which is why I have held off completing my buy phase...

I know it doesn't matter "much", with the delays in everyone posting.

But posts 201 202 and 213 do not follow the rules.

Post 201 is a Trade offer where HH proposes a trade to spront.
This trade is accepted in 202 by Spront. Thus HH must clearly be in the trading phase and un-able to make any more purchases. Yet he goes and acquires goods in 213.
This is Especially problematic as Spront has already sold slaves in post 202 that HH didn't buy until 213.......... ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Lawrencelot I might suggest limiting trades to the trading phase might be a better solution than just saying they have to have the goods to make the offer.

This would still be a problem if HH had been un-able to sell slaves last week and thus had them on hand to begin this week..

And we already established I thought) that trades involving goods that were not available are null and void anyway.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
buying phase week 2
2,919 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
4 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
2 Olive Oil
6 total goods

---

Buy 22 bricks from Hispania
@ 65ea. = 1430 coins (1430 coins spent)

Trade phase:

Trade 501 coins to Shanba for 1 coin
interest payment (net -500 coins) (1930 coins spent)

Sell phase:
sell 22 bricks to Roma
@75ea. 1650 coins (280 coins spent)
sell 2 olive oil to Roma
@7000ea. 14,000 coins (13,720 coins made)

----
post-post status
buying phase week 2
16,639 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
4 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
4 total goods

something seems amiss in my numbers, but I can't make sense of it at such this late hour. I'll give it another read tomorrow in the daylight...
(if anyone figures out what it is before hand, please let me know.)

Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #46) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

What week is it?

I thought Lawrence said it hadn't ended yet.... Or are you guys still back in week 2?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #47) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

bird1111 : I would possibly be interested in selling you olive oil. But it's got to look fair to me.

What do you propose?

(I'd check myself and make a reccomentdation, but I'm really just popping in and out to check the game status - I've got chores to get to.)
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #48) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

I sell at 7000 to Roma so I see the trade as an "extra" profit of 150.
You buy from Roma at 8000 which means you'll make an extra profit of 850.

I'd think 7500 with the both of us gaining 500 would be more suitable.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #49) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

bird1111

I'm glad you see it my way.
I assume you only need 1 ?

I'll buy two though, and if you have the cash by then I'll sell you both for that price. If you only have enough for 1, then I'll sell my other to Roma, no hard feelings.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
buying phase week 3
16,639 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
2 total goods
payments expected to pay: 500 intrested trading phase each week..

---

Buy 2 olive oil from Hispania @ 5800ea. = 11600 coins (11600 coins spent)
Buy 24 slaves from Hispania
@ 160ea. = 3840 coins (15440 coins spent)

Trade phase

Trade 500 coins in intrest payments (15940 coins spent)

Trade 1 olive oil to bird1111 for 7500 coins

offer any number of slaves for 190 coins each
----
post-post status
trading phase week 3
699 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
2 Olive Oil
24 slaves
28 total goods
payments expected to pay: 500 per week in trading phase.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 3
699 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
2 Olive Oil
24 slaves
28 total goods
1 loan outstanding (5000 @ 10% per for n weeks)

---

Trade phase

process Trade 250 :1 olive oil to bird1111 for 7500 coins

offer any number of slaves for 190 coins each
----
post-post status
trading phase week 3
8199 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
1 Olive Oil
24 slaves
27 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

why not?

(Bid) 699.

Trade 699 coins to raffles for his office in Asia and 1 grain.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Trade 2000 coins to raffles for his office in Asia and 1 Grain.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #54) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trading phase week 3
8199 coins
2 lvl 3s= 28 cap
2 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
1 Olive Oil
24 slaves
27 total goods

---

Trade phase

process purchase of Asia office 2000 coins and gain 1 grain

sell 1 olive oil to Asia
for 7200ea. 7200 coins (5200 coins)
sell 24 slaves to Roma
for 180 ea. 4320 (9520)
----
post-post status
sell phase week 3
17719 coins
3 lvl 3s= 42 cap (Roma3 Hisp3 Aisa3)
3 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
3 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #55) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:04 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Hispania can buy gold at 78,000 coins. To get 50% price changes.

I don't think that is cheap. Do you seriously ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:10 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

bird1111 I don't want to sound un-appreciative, but with the purchase of Asia my natural deal improves to 7200 from 7000.

So I would now prefer to get 7600 coins from you instead. (Profit for both = 400)
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #57) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
buy phase week 4
17719 coins
0 grain
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
0 total goods

---

Buy phase

@5800ea. 11600 coins. (11600)
Buy 3 grain from Asia
@7 ea. 21 coins (11621)
Buy 5 marble from Asia
@ 680 ea. 3400 coins (15021)
Buy 30 timber from Asia
@ 65 ea. 1950 coins (16971)
Buy 1 Slave from Asia
@ 150 ea 150 coins (17121)

trade phase

Pay 500 coins interest.
(17621)
offer/trade 1 olive oil to bird1111 for 7600 coins

----
post-post status
trade phase week 4
98 coins
3 grain
5 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
30 Lumber
2 Olive Oil
1 slaves
42 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
trade phase week 4
98 coins
3 grain
5 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
30 Lumber
2 Olive Oil
1 slaves
42 total goods
payments expected to pay: 500 per week.

---
trade phase

resolve offer/trade 238
1 olive oil to bird1111 for 7,600 coins (+7,600 )

sell phase

sell 1 Olive Oil to Asia
@ 7200 = 7,200 ( +14,800 )
sell 5 marble to Hispania
@ 850 = 4,250 (+19,050)
sell 30 timber to Hispania
@ 105 = 3,150 (+22,200)
sell 1 slave to Roma
@ 180 = 180 (+22,380)

----
post-post status
selling phase week 4
22,478 coins
3 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
3 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #59) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:20 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

pre-post status
buy phase week 5
22,478 coins
0 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
0 total goods

---
Buy:

Build Trade office in Dalmatia
. Lvl 1 capacity 10 for 15,000 (15,000)
Buy 8 grain from Damlatia
@ 6ea. 48 coins (15048)
Buy 1 Olive Oil from Hispania
@ 5800ea. 5800 coins (20,848)
Buy 25 timber from Asia
@ 65ea. 1625 coins (22,473)

Trade:

Nothing this week.

Sell:
Sell 4 grain to Hispania
@10ea. 40 coins (40)
Sell 1 Olive Oil to Dalmaitia
@ 10,500 coins (10,540)
Sell 25 Timber to Hispania
@ 105ea. 2,625 coins (13,165)
Re-Pay loan 5000+500 coins.
(7,665)

----
post-post status
selling phase week 5
7,670 coins
3 lvl 3s +1 lvl1 = 52 cap (Roma3 Hisp3 Aisa3 Dalm1)
4 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
4 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #60) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

I did not realize that the myth powers were going to change.

Nice play Bird1111.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #61) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

I have no opinion either way.

The rules clearly state the game will end sometime on Fri or Sat or Sun.

And, had HH just sent a "TRADE 24 slaves to Spront for 6 marble" trade when he was on instead of saying it should be that deal, then spront could have already accepted trade 303. getting thier good sold how-ever would of course be on them I'm sure there were valid reasons to not begin buying until thursday and still try and drag out negotiations.

But what-ever. I am sure I appear biased (event though I truely am totally ambivalent) so my opinion is a moot point.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

bird1111 wrote:Huh? Wasn't it supposed to effect everyone but myself?
that is what I thought I read too .
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Start week 6
7,670 coins
1 lvl 3s + 2 LVL 2s +1 lvl1 = 48 cap (Roma2 Hisp3 Aisa2 Dalm1)
-5 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
0 total goods

Buy:
Buy 11 grain from Dalmatia
for 6ea. 66 coins (66)
Buy 2 bricks from Hispania
for 55ea. 110 coins (176)
Buy 2 lumber from Asia
for 65ea. 130 coins (306)
Upgrade Dalmatia office to level 2
. (lose 2 brick and 2 lumber)
Buy 1 olive oil from Hispania
for 5800ea 5800 coins (6106)
Buy 24 lumber from Asia
for 65 ea. 1560 coins (7666)

trade:
I can't think of any.

Sell:
Sell 2 grain to Hispania
@ 10ea. 20 coins. (20)
Sell 1 olive oil to Dalmatia
@ 10500ea. 10500 coins (10520)
Sell 24 timber to Hispania
@ 105ea. 2520 coins (13040)

sell week 6
13044 coins
1 lvl 3s + 3 LVL 2s +0 lvl1 = 50 cap (Roma2 Hisp3 Aisa2 Dalm2)
4 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
4 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

I'm going to be out of town for at least this afternoon and friday. most likely saturday too.

I have completed my actions in week 6 as far as i can tell.

I'll be back as soon as i can. (monday by the latest I hope.)
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Start week 7
13024 coins
0 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
0 total goods

Buy:
Buy 9 grain from Dalmatia
for 6ea. 54 coins (54)
for 5800ea 11,600 coins (11,654)
Buy 21 lumber from Asia
for 65 ea. 1365 coins (13,019)

trade:
I can't think of any.

Sell:
Sell 5 grain to Hispania
@ 10ea. 50 coins. (50)
Sell 2 olive oil to Dalmatia
@ 10500ea. 21,000 coins (21,050)
Sell 21 timber to Hispania
@ 105ea. 2205 coins (23,255)

sell week 7
23,260 coins
4 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
4 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #66) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Start week 8
23,260 coins
0 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
0 total goods

Buy 10 grain from Dalmatia
@ 6 ea. 60 coins (60)
Buy 4 Olive Oil from Hispania
@ 5800 ea. 23,200 coins (23,260)

End buy phase with 0 gold.

Trade Phase. I can’t think of any.

Sell Phase.
Sell 6 grain to Hispania
@ 10 each 60 coins (60)
Sell 4 Olive Oil to Dalmatia
@ 10,500ea. 42,000 coins (42,060)

Sell week 8
42,060 coins
4 grain
0 marble
0 wine
0 bricks
0 Lumber
0 Olive Oil
0 slaves
4 total goods
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #67) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

Bird1111 I would assume it ws because you had 6 grain in stores.

28 capacity ( 2 at 14 each ) - 6 = 22 left for Iron.

Now you have 4 grain which will leave you room for 24 Iron ?
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #68) » Mon May 14, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Is this dead then ?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”