NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

How did Wayitends enter the game and not given opinions on anything and also not be held accountable for doing so?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Yo Penguin, your entry was a little less bad, but your lack of Yates followup/followthrough bothers me.

Let's see follow-up on .
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Snork »

I'm sorry. I can't read words right now. I'm tired and my bladder you know is off the hook so even though I don't have to go to the bathroom right now, and I'm on the computer and typing this, I can't read or contribute anything you know because my body is preventing me from playing this game that I signed up for knowing that it would be a large number of players with many posts to read and it is my responsibility to participate I just have this horrible backache and despite sitting down with pillows and stuff I can't read things.

I'll be back tomorrow with a similar reason for not posting anything relevant, so stay tuned.

I'm obvtown now, right?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 2051, PeregrineV wrote:Yo Penguin, your entry was a little less bad, but your lack of Yates followup/followthrough bothers me.

Let's see follow-up on .
Um, my entry was bad. It's passed now, but I got sick right after replacing in and it slowed down my catch-up process, which left me without enough time to make any useful efforts at derailing the bad D1 wagons.

Yates went V/LA, making him less interesting. And I kind of want to see what he does for the first half of this day before making up my mind. To steal a recent turn of phrase from Nero Cain, gun to my head read on Yates is town.

TheWayItEnds has been pretty weird here, and given that sorting him would help with Yates, what with Yates' interest in pisskop, I want him to address his cheerleading stances so far today.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2052, Snork wrote:I'm obvtown now, right?
Yes, ironically.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2053, penguin_alien wrote:TheWayItEnds has been pretty weird here, and given that sorting him would help with Yates, what with Yates' interest in pisskop, I want him to address his cheerleading stances so far today.
Ya he started strong, but his focus on Rach and not much else while lurking himself is :igmeou: and post 1977 is :neutral:
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Snork »

AP, I don't agree RM is town. The only thing that struck a chord was the fact that others here may have better meta on her, which I really can't argue. The only problem I have with that is that I don't know if the people vouching for her are scum and protecting a buddy or town with actual better meta. I still think she's fucking scum and I will figure it out. You can bet money on that, I will figure her out.

It pisses me off because if she IS town, this kind of behavior is absolutely abhorrent. She's letting down her entire team. I take my role PM pretty seriously. It's a promise that I will contribute my skills and my perspective to help my team win. If we are on the same team, I just don't even know how to respond. She's not scum hunting. She's not contributing. She's not furthering the town wincon. I don't give a shit what outside forces are at play here because she made a commitment. I can only assume that she is playing towards a different wincon and try my best to fucking lynch her.

She is NOT going in my town pile today. It's not happening. But I will put it on hold until tomorrow if people are seriously not concerned with it and not willing to help me.
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Snork »

And also, if she's town, there's no fucking way scum are going to kill her because she HELPS THEM by being fucking useless and out of touch with the game.

I don't know about you, but I don't want her in fucking LYLO and if I had a fucking gun I'd shoot her myself but I don't so I ask for her to be lynched and it's like everyone has lost their minds.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I cant remember who is protecting her.
Im town. I think RM
could
be scum, but her ISO being what it is, is not that abnormal. Every game has lurkers, its almost impossible to be in a large without one or more slots lurkaderping through the game. Admittedly, the lack of content from RM is reaching atrocious levels, but that doesn't make her scum.
Nero thinks shes town and I don't pretend to know why, but Nero looks pretty town this game so Im not concerned.
In post 2004, mastin2 wrote:Rach looks super-mega-town, btw.
While I'm townreading Rach, I dislike this I guess. Doesn't feel like scum defending scum, could be a whiteknight though.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2041, Snork wrote:Nero I understand you thinl the CASE is crap. I don't think you're getting my point, which is that if you are scum reading two people, one of which is scum reading the other, and the next day that person is still scum reading the other, and forms an argument that you think is crap, that shouldn't affect your read on rach. If anything it should strengthen your scumread on me yet that hasnt happened. You all of a sudden town read rach and are pushing thad.

Whatever. You aren't going to get it cuz I don't know how else to explain what I mean. And regarding thad on the wagon, I mean how many times do I have to say that didn't work yesterday? Why would I use the same method today?
buying/not buying cases is a big part of scumhunting. As town, mafia is a team effort but you don't always have to agree with your team. This is NOT an abstract theory and a core tenant of the game so I'm having a hard time understanding why you two are having a hard time understanding this. I mean, if I put a case on scum Yates or AP and you think I'm pushing bullshit then you aren't going to join the wagon, you'll prob think I'm scummy and NOT think AP and Yates are scummy 'cause the case presented isn't good. I mean that's mafia 101 and kinda a no brainer. I think Rach is being genuine about forgetting the cop claim.

I do it too, if my scumread is joining a wagon I'm a little wary of that wagon but I don't go "nope, I'm going to drop my belief." So that just looks crazy as hell to me.

As far as Thad goes, I think he's playing dense and buddying the fuck out of you so yeah, I'm scumreading that. Could he buddy a scumbuddy? Sure I guess but I think scum like to buddy town/someone not on their team.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2058, AngryPidgeon wrote:Nero thinks shes town and I don't pretend to know why, but Nero looks pretty town this game so Im not concerned.
How do I look town but you don't know why I'm town reading Rach?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:39 am

Post by Snork »

I get what you're saying. This is all just very frustrating for me. I'm not good at explaining things but I think I'm good at seeing people's motivations. Therein lies the fucking problem because I can't relay what I see.

Maybe ThAd is buddying. I can't help but like what he has been saying today. I have yet to re-read him yesterday with talah/luca flips in mind. YES I KNOW I SAID I WOULD DO STUFF and I am, one at a time, and this week that's meant one or half of one per day cuz I've been busy (AND LOOK EVEN BUSY I AM KEEPING UP! :mad: ) Now that it's Friday I can finally finish everything.

I also didn't catch that you don't like the fact that my reads changed until ThAd just pointed it out (or AP, I don't remember). Why? If you understand my process, why then don't you understand why the reads changed after the flip, even if you don't agree with them?

Yesterday, I read the game when I replaced in looking for people being opportunistic, being serious about pushing low hanging fruit or total nulls, contradicting themselves, etc and I ended up looking at Talah. Then I read ISOs of people who had a strong opinion about him, as well as those who had a strong opinion about his target (Luca). From that, I sorted my reads based on who I thought was genuinely believing talah or who I thought was just helping him push a case because it was convenient, as well as people hard defending either.

So, the point is, once I had my eyes on talah, people that ended up in "the rest" after my first read through got sorted
based on talah/luca
. If one of them had flipped scum this would have, or should have, resulted in firmer reads, and sorting "the rest" that remained after initial sorting.

That plan blew the fuck up when both of them flipped town. So not only was my scum read town, but everyone I'd sorted
based on that read
could be fucking anything.

I went back to my solid town/scum reads that were formed independent of talah/luca, and gauged from there, my first reads list of the day, and started ISOing those in and on either side of "the rest", while responding to those in the extremes (town/scum).

Does that make sense?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

sorta waiting for mastin's response and dv to start playing again.
In post 2045, PeregrineV wrote:
vote: 4nxi3ty
hmm? talk to me. You've seen my scumgame, so what's up?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2060, Nero Cain wrote:How do I look town but you don't know why I'm town reading Rach?
Snork is making a bad case on her so she must be town? Shouldn't you be voting Snork then?
Snork
Snork
Mafia Scum
Snork
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Snork »

In post 2063, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2060, Nero Cain wrote:How do I look town but you don't know why I'm town reading Rach?
Snork is making a bad case on her so she must be town? Shouldn't you be voting Snork then?
Yeah but he's not sure about me, and thinks ThAd is riding the wave of my bad case on Rach and thus his read on Rach is more a combination of me PLUS ThAd.. I believe.

He explained that.

I think you're town and I think Nero's town, and you think we're both town, so can we look at people we all don't think are town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I, however, don't believe AP is town.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya, but he was calling RM town for that reason before Thad got involved at all. I can understand thinking that a scummy player making a scummy push on an easy target makes them more town, but "Bad case on someone --> they are town" baffles me.

But I have less than zero interest in arguing Nero's townread on RM with him right now since I ultimately think both are town.

I've been sort of all over the place Today, so lets monologue about people in the spirit of regrouping:

penguin_alien - I dislike her posts about mastin. She seems somewhat undecided on mastin and shows no real interest in talking to her to resolve that. I'd expect her to be interested in mastin swooping in to add to her snowstorm wagon since she is apparently loosely suspicious of mastin when questioned about her. Reads more like posturing than actually trying to determine mastin's alignment, meh. Still Rogers posts feel unlikely to be from scum? Meh.

Snork - Town. Already largely discussed.

TheWayItEnds - I liked the original posts with Nero, felt like he wasn't nervous. Later contributions have fallen off and his RM votepark is pretty lame and easy. Sketchiest vote on the RM wagon just to take it off, post some bullshit about Yates who voted him, and go back to lurking? Scummy.

Egg - Egg has done fuck-all so far, but replaced BipolarChemist so Scummy.

Nero Cain - Pretty sure he's town. Reads like HPATPL/GoW Nero, aggressive, pointed.

aptil - Gets a pass for Vig claim. Is town barring reason to suspect SK/multiball.

Yates - I like his TWIE vote and that TWIE isn't gaining any traction makes TWIE less likely to be town tbh. Mindset and frustration reads town to me. His follow up on PA looks town-motivated. Town.

projectmatt - Who? Mostly a non-presence. Not doing anything that looks like scum hunting. Throws some townreads around and lurks. Meh leaning toward hm.

PeregrineV - Has basically done nothing Today. Still think hes probtown from Yestreday's posts, would like to see him step it up though.

mastin2 - Lurking is generally not a mastin thing regardless of anything and this is getting a little ridiculous, I realize RL sucks, but I could reallllly use you to bounce reads off of if you are town in this game. 2004/5 feels like town stream of thought, but mastin can fake that sort of thing as scum so meh. Meh. Probably not scum if PA is.

SnowStorm - Shows up to respond to case on him and not much else recently. Writes off my pressure as bullshit and justifies to Anxiety that its easier to detect bullshit about him than other place. Defense is scummy and general lack of proactive play; very reactionary. Scummy.

Damon_Gant - Actually back to leaning town here on an ISO skim. Dont at all get what mastin is seeing here and she should back that up.

4nxi3ty - Suspicion on Snowstorm is town as fuck, since that is something townies tend to be paranoid about. Could be dropping fake tells as scum, but strongly doubt it. Reaction to pressure has felt genuine.

RachMarie - Lol.

ThAdmiral - Meh?

DeasVail - I'd lynch it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2065, Nero Cain wrote:I, however, don't believe AP is town.
Have you ever actually had a townread on me?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2062, 4nxi3ty wrote:sorta waiting for mastin's response and dv to start playing again.
In post 2045, PeregrineV wrote:
vote: 4nxi3ty
hmm? talk to me. You've seen my scumgame, so what's up?
Yeah, but you also pulled one over on me when I thought you were town, so kind of going by your posts more than meta at this point.

But, let's test you.

Go iso Pisskop.

Tell me what you see.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2066, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya, but he was calling RM town for that reason before Thad got involved at all. I can understand thinking that a scummy player making a scummy push on an easy target makes them more town, but "Bad case on someone --> they are town" baffles me.

But I have less than zero interest in arguing Nero's townread on RM with him right now since I ultimately think both are town.

I've been sort of all over the place Today, so lets monologue about people in the spirit of regrouping:

penguin_alien - I dislike her posts about mastin. She seems somewhat undecided on mastin and shows no real interest in talking to her to resolve that. I'd expect her to be interested in mastin swooping in to add to her snowstorm wagon since she is apparently loosely suspicious of mastin when questioned about her. Reads more like posturing than actually trying to determine mastin's alignment, meh. Still Rogers posts feel unlikely to be from scum? Meh.

Snork - Town. Already largely discussed.

TheWayItEnds - I liked the original posts with Nero, felt like he wasn't nervous. Later contributions have fallen off and his RM votepark is pretty lame and easy. Sketchiest vote on the RM wagon just to take it off, post some bullshit about Yates who voted him, and go back to lurking? Scummy.

Egg - Egg has done fuck-all so far, but replaced BipolarChemist so Scummy.

Nero Cain - Pretty sure he's town. Reads like HPATPL/GoW Nero, aggressive, pointed.

aptil - Gets a pass for Vig claim. Is town barring reason to suspect SK/multiball.

Yates - I like his TWIE vote and that TWIE isn't gaining any traction makes TWIE less likely to be town tbh. Mindset and frustration reads town to me. His follow up on PA looks town-motivated. Town.

projectmatt - Who? Mostly a non-presence. Not doing anything that looks like scum hunting. Throws some townreads around and lurks. Meh leaning toward hm.

PeregrineV - Has basically done nothing Today. Still think hes probtown from Yestreday's posts, would like to see him step it up though.

mastin2 - Lurking is generally not a mastin thing regardless of anything and this is getting a little ridiculous, I realize RL sucks, but I could reallllly use you to bounce reads off of if you are town in this game. 2004/5 feels like town stream of thought, but mastin can fake that sort of thing as scum so meh. Meh. Probably not scum if PA is.

SnowStorm - Shows up to respond to case on him and not much else recently. Writes off my pressure as bullshit and justifies to Anxiety that its easier to detect bullshit about him than other place. Defense is scummy and general lack of proactive play; very reactionary. Scummy.

Damon_Gant - Actually back to leaning town here on an ISO skim. Dont at all get what mastin is seeing here and she should back that up.

4nxi3ty - Suspicion on Snowstorm is town as fuck, since that is something townies tend to be paranoid about. Could be dropping fake tells as scum, but strongly doubt it. Reaction to pressure has felt genuine.

RachMarie - Lol.

ThAdmiral - Meh?

DeasVail - I'd lynch it.
I want to talk about some of these later, but heading out soon. Maybe 6 hours from now?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2069, PeregrineV wrote:I want to talk about some of these later, but heading out soon. Maybe 6 hours from now?
Sure, I'll try to be around. I -might- be going on a weekend ski trip so I'll be LA if so, but not sure.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2067, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2065, Nero Cain wrote:I, however, don't believe AP is town.
Have you ever actually had a townread on me?
yes but nice discredit.

like this
is dumb dumb dumb and doesn't make much sense as a response. Saying that you felt I was town but didn't know why I was town reading Rach is basicly saying that you aren't reading my posts. So when I ask you about it....you push back and then try and discredit me by claiming I've never had a town read on you.

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 2068, PeregrineV wrote:But, let's test you.

Go iso Pisskop.

Tell me what you see.
I see towneffort throughout his posts.

And this comment hit the right notes:
-On 4nxi3ty
He's logical, and I've seen him before, but something about his posts unsettle me. Watching.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 2003, penguin_alien wrote:
TheWayItEnds, any opinions on people besides RachMarie, who's a) generally an easy target, and b) likely town here? Would also love to hear what you like about the arguments for my being scum. Cheerleading my detractors is a pretty safe position given your own lack of voting me.
You know what? I do. I got unexpectedly busy yesterday and never got around to it. Gonna read the last couple of pages and post some just for you.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2071, Nero Cain wrote:[quote="In
is dumb dumb dumb and doesn't make much sense as a response. Saying that you felt I was town but didn't know why I was town reading Rach is basicly saying that you aren't reading my posts. So when I ask you about it....you push back and then try and discredit me by claiming I've never had a town read on you.
I have read every post in the game. I don't get why you are hung up on this RM point.

You are townreading RM because a player of ??? alignment is calling her scum for posting excuses and lurking. That confuses the hell out of me, but I can't be bothered to argue with you about it since I don't think this is alignment indicative for you and everything you've done this game looks like Nero-town.

I mean really. If I said PA is scum for some arbitrarily shitty reason like shes posting too much, would that make her town?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”