pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by pablito »

Deadline to Challenge: Sparks challenged dylan41985
Deadline to Lynch: June 16th 23:59 EDT

Underground Radio report:

Since the government refuses to acknowledge the presence of reality tv contests, we will. Much like last year's deathmatch idol contest, the first debate in this year's elections reflects the makeup of the final battle there. While randomly selected citizens Jordin and Blake sang for their lives, we saw the perky little curly haired girl sing her heart out to the coronation single whereas the blond beatboxer attempted to sing without using a single word. We'll see if the FSOCL debate results match the original deathmatch idol contest. It's highly doubtful as both singers in deathmatch idol died in a match of russian roulette.

Votes for Support

Sparks
(0):
dylan41985
(1): DanMonkey

Still to vote (9): Carrotcake, DeanWinchester, mneme, Mr Stoofer, SpinWizard, Stewie, The Fonz, VanDamien, Yosarian2

Please remember that you cannot unvote and you must vote before deadline or you will be modkilled.
Sup, later.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

My net access is going to be unpredictable towards the end of the week, so I'm not going to risk waiting. If I don't here something good from Dylan
soon
, I'm voting Sparks. Dylan, the ball's in your court.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:30 am

Post by mneme »

While I'll really be happy regardless of how this lynch goes, I think I've adequately expressed my reasoning. Sparks is annoying (but getting better) and very scummy. Dylan is even more scummy, and by all appearances, has lied.

vote: Sparks
Did I say too much?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I guess it's just a matter of opinion which one you find most scummy. Whomever we lynch, I don't see the other one surviving past tomorrow.

In those circumstances, I'm going to
Vote: dylan41985
for the reasons given here.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I don't really feel like campaigning in relation to this contest, but I note that Sparks has not yet responded to this:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Sparks, translated into English wrote:I asserted 3 things in that post

-meme was scum
-meme was talking during the day
-scum couldn't talk during the day
How did you know that Scum couldn't talk during the day?

And if the answer is: "because I read it in the front post", then why didn't you point that out in response to posts 57, 61, 81 or 135?
SpinWizard
SpinWizard
Townie
SpinWizard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:46 am

Post by SpinWizard »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I guess it's just a matter of opinion which one you find most scummy. Whomever we lynch,
I don't see the other one surviving past tomorrow.

QFT

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

SpinWizard wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:I guess it's just a matter of opinion which one you find most scummy. Whomever we lynch,
I don't see the other one surviving past tomorrow.

QFT

I wouldn't be so sure. Your total of six lines and absolutely zero worthwhile content today has earned you a good hard look tomorrow, as well.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Stewie »

Well, it looks as if this is going to be a close one. I'm inclined to vote for sparks (reasons aforementioned by mneme) but I'll wait and see if dylan has something else to say.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:29 am

Post by dylan41985 »

My initial nomination and mistakes (regardless of if you think I'm lying or not) are irrelevant at this point because I am the person challenged by Sparks.

But ask yourself this: Was it really fair for Sparks to challenge me this early? What have I done to him? Why was he so eager to challenge me? Isn't that action more suspicious that my behavior?

My theory is that Sparks is scum and anyone voting to save him is
possibly
Spark's secret scum buddy.

Fonz, I really don't know how else to convince you but to say that later in the game you won't regret keeping me here. I can promise you that.

Plus, I'm a vulnerable target for future rounds.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:30 am

Post by dylan41985 »

and I won't go around making unjustified challenges or nominations
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

The Fonz wrote:If I don't here something good from Dylan
soon
, I'm voting Sparks.
dylan41985 wrote:My initial nomination and mistakes (regardless of if you think I'm lying or not) are irrelevant at this point because I am the person challenged by Sparks.

But ask yourself this: Was it really fair for Sparks to challenge me this early? What have I done to him? Why was he so eager to challenge me? Isn't that action more suspicious that my behavior?

possibly

Fonz, I really don't know how else to convince you but to say that later in the game you won't regret keeping me here. I can promise you that.

This wasn't it.

Vote: Sparks
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

dylan41985 wrote:My initial nomination and mistakes (regardless of if you think I'm lying or not) are irrelevant at this point because I am the person challenged by Sparks.
What? If we're trying to figure out who was the most suspicious, then how are you're "mistakes" irrelevent"
Are you paying attention to this game?

If someone didn't challange someone else on the 10'th, then we could have had a random challange on the 11'th, which would have been bad. And several people made clear that they wanted Sparks to challange someone or they were going to challange him themselves, so instead, he challanged a suspicious looking person.

I'd expect him to act that way no matter what his allignment was, personally.
possibly
My theory is that your theory is totally meaningless. Sparks may be scum, you may be scum, or both of you may be scum in different groups. If you want to survive, you're going to have to do better then that.
If you want to live, don't promise to contribute more later, contribute more NOW. Like, an explinaiton of why Spark's actions would be more likely to be committed by a scum then by a town, or a discription with reasons of who else you think is suspicious, or a better explination for your own actions.
Why would that be a reason to keep you alive?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Sparks »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I don't really feel like campaigning in relation to this contest,
aka "i want to lie low"
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Sparks, translated into English wrote:I asserted 3 things in that post

-meme was scum
-meme was talking during the day
-scum couldn't talk during the day
How did you know that Scum couldn't talk during the day?

And if the answer is: "because I read it in the front post", then why didn't you point that out in response to posts 57, 61, 81 or 135?
why dont you try readin those posts
THIS IS MY NOW !!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:37 am

Post by mneme »

Sparks, your attempt to deflect-by-attack is noted, but oddly enough, Stoofer isn't on trial right now, you are. It's perfectly reasonable to attack people for scummy behavior -- but accusing Stoofer of lying low (huh? Stoofer?) is a bit of a stretch. As is a naked "why dont you try readin those posts" which just doesn't make any sense. What posts? Where? What did they say that's so crucial to your case?

Stoofer just said "what do you have to say about articles A, B, and C," to which you apparently responded "your evidence is crap because I had cheese for breakfast."
Did I say too much?
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Sparks »

mneme wrote:Sparks, your attempt to deflect-by-attack is noted, but oddly enough, Stoofer isn't on trial right now, you are. It's perfectly reasonable to attack people for scummy behavior -- but accusing Stoofer of lying low (huh? Stoofer?) is a bit of a stretch. As is a naked "why dont you try readin those posts" which just doesn't make any sense. What posts? Where? What did they say that's so crucial to your case?

Stoofer just said "what do you have to say about articles A, B, and C," to which you apparently responded "your evidence is crap because I had cheese for breakfast."
umm thats not even close

stoofer asked why did i imply mafia couldnt talk durin day

I HAVE ANSWERED THAT QUESTION AT LEAST TWICE.

stoofer obviously has not been readin my posts.

even you know the answer to that
THIS IS MY NOW !!
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Camenbert and Brie?

Anyway, this line
dylan wrote:Fonz, I really don't know how else to convince you but to say that later in the game you won't regret keeping me here. I can promise you that.
Reads to me like someone trying to alude to a pro-town power role. Except, well, they don't exsist here.

Vote: Sparks
Fnord is the whole donut.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by mneme »

Sparks: if you did so, at least twice, even, it wasn't clear to everyone, or possibly anyone.

Could you list post numbers (or links) for the posts in question? Give us a hint?
Did I say too much?
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Sparks »

post 87
Sparks wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Sparks wrote:
mod: please modkill mneme, he just admitted that he's been conferring with his scumbuddies outside the thread during day
What?

Mneme was speculating that the scum might be allowed to talk during the day because there are no nights. How can you go from that to assuming that scum can't talk and assuming that mneme is scum and assuming that mneme is scum who broke the rules?
Yosarian2 wrote:The "he seems to have inside knowlege about if the scum can talk during the day" argument is a strike against Sparks, though, and he'd probably be my second chocie right now.

seriosuly yos lighiten up it was a joke. but anyways, y are you protectin mneme? mneme suggested a dumbass thing that i'd be obvious enough as to call both my scumbuddies town beaucse they were whining that they were falling under suspicion on like the second day and pming me to do so. that is a retarded theory so i responded with one just as retarded to show how ridicolous meme's theory was. it's called
parody
post 159
Sparks wrote:
mneme wrote:Re my speculation that scum can talk during the day:I'm still not convinced they can't -- though the best evidence for same is Spark's "joke". Given that the scum don't have a kill, giving them day conferencing is an obvious way to design the game (though if Sparks turns out to be scum, it seems likely that they can't talk during the day, for the obvious reason). It would be a strong power -- not least in that better players among the scum could give advice to worse players. But the results might produce weird posting patterns, which might be noticeable.
can you plz think of how ridicolous your original assertion was???? if you were scum that culd talk during the day and your buddies were under suspicion and whinin in your pm box would you go and call them both town and be that obviuos? it wasnt a joke, it was pardoy.
there thats twice and ive referred to those posts 2 more times.

this really shows me that stoofer wasnt readin my posts (yet still voted to save dylan). i like how in his 4 numbers he magically skips the two in which his question is answered

even tho im on the block and other ppl arent, why cant i point out stuff that is scummy to me? the game will go past today
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Ooh, this is getting quite exciting.
Stoofer wrote:How did you know that Scum couldn't talk during the day?
Sparks' answer wrote:it was a joke
Enough said.
Sparks wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:I don't really feel like campaigning in relation to this contest,
aka "i want to lie low"
Roflmao.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

Mod, I hate to do this, but as much as I would love to play this game,my schedule has taken some turns for the worst. I ask to be replaced as soon as possible. Goodbye everybody and thanks for the fun.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Man, no sooner do I vote for him, than Sparks returns to his previous scumadelic behaviour. Figures.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:53 am

Post by mneme »

The Fonz wrote:Man, no sooner do I vote for him, than Sparks returns to his previous scumadelic behaviour. Figures.
My thoughts exactly.

Sparks? Those posts do a barely adequate job of explaining why you might have thought I was PMing during the day (you didn't). But the "joke" still contains assumptions of how the game works that were never given a good explanation.
What is said may not be unsaid.
Did I say too much?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:34 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Just a heads up - I will be away for a few days, and certainly won't be able to post before Monday - see my signature.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Stewie »

Oh no, he's using the Chewbacca defence.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 am

Post by pablito »

There will be a slight tweak the rules regarding replacement.

The original "no replacement during voting phase" was set because I did not want players that replaced in to have to choose a stance and vote immediately before deadline upon replacing in. I didn't expect a player that already voted would need to be replaced (DanMonkey), but it has happened. Since DanMonkey has already voted and is obviously not coming back, I feel that it would be alright if his replacement comes in immediately. Furthermore if a player who has already voted and needs to be replaced due to extreme circumstances (family health in DanMonkey's case), this replacement can occur. However, all other replacements that do not fall in the above category will only occur during the challenge phase. Notice that because of the replacement rules, modkills may occur more often than replacement.

I will stress that the replacement (ryan) for DanMonkey has no obligation to speak at this moment or contribute until the end of this current cycle, but he may start contributing immediately if he wishes, if he feels it is to his advantage. Players that replace in will not be able to speak with any other players via PM as all mafia cannot PM each other once the game began even if their predecessor was able to (according to the role PMs on the front page).

Therefore, welcome ryan who replaces DanMonkey (who had already requested replacement a while ago). ryan must stick with DanMonkey's vote no matter what as per rules of no unvoting.
ryan pulled out.
Last edited by pablito on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sup, later.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”