Newbie 384: All over 'cept the finger-pointing!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count
:

truncator
(2):
Windfish, pickemgenius

pickemgenius
(1):
truncator

Yosarian2
(1):
Albert B. Rampage

WindFish
(1):
thedocsalive

not voting
(2):
LlamaHunter, Yosarian2

Still four.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:44 am

Post by truncator »

Actually, I believe you should watch the 4th vote. pickem's vote is in for me already and he is trying to rally a 3rd vote so his scum buddy can pounce. Probably Albert or even yosarian. I don't have a good read on either of them anymore. I trust no one! :)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

truncator wrote: I really didn't think I would have to spell this out, but why make a big deal about it? I achieved the same effect while playing it cool. More so than I ever dreamed. I really didn't expect this much reaction out of it. I'm not much of a bold type yeller anyway.
If the effect you were going for was to get people to vote for you, then I guess you did. However, if you were trying to get a reaction from pickemgenius and/or about other people's reactiosn to pickemgenius, then you would have acoomplinshed that much more effectivly by making clear that he was near lynch; the way you did it, I think most people's reactions had more to do with the disengenuas nature of your post (where you tried to make it look like a random vote when it wasn't) then with anything about pickemgenius in specific.
I really just wanted to see who was paying attention and how everyone would react. All said, I think we got on the right track by luck. I still think pickemgenius is scum.
Ok. Why do you think pickemgenius is scum?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:06 am

Post by truncator »

Yosarian2 wrote: Ok. Why do you think pickemgenius is scum?
Naturally, I didn't think pickem was scum in the beginning. But since that time he has been constantly prodding on me and trying to round up more votes to lynch me. I believe he is doing so because he knows I'm in a unique spot with everyone eyeing me and he knows I'm pro-town because he is scum.

I really wish windfish would remove his vote for me. I still think we are on the same side. I've had 2 votes long enough now that I think one of the two current votes are scum. It wouldn't seem so suspicious anymore if 2 more scum votes came along and lynched me. 1 has voted for me, the other is waiting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

OMGUS
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:51 am

Post by pickemgenius »

truncator wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: Ok. Why do you think pickemgenius is scum?
Naturally, I didn't think pickem was scum in the beginning. But since that time he has been constantly prodding on me and trying to round up more votes to lynch me. I believe he is doing so because he knows I'm in a unique spot with everyone eyeing me and he knows I'm pro-town because he is scum.

I really wish windfish would remove his vote for me. I still think we are on the same side. I've had 2 votes long enough now that I think one of the two current votes are scum. It wouldn't seem so suspicious anymore if 2 more scum votes came along and lynched me. 1 has voted for me, the other is waiting.

First paragraph:

I haven't been trying to "round up" votes to lynch you. Just because I think you're scummy won't make me actively try and change the minds of others. That's their own choice on how they feel about you. I've been throwing out scenarios at best.

Don't ask for people to unvote you. You asking Windfish to do so strikes me as weird. SHOW US YOU'RE TOWN if you want us to unvote you.

That's all for now.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:41 am

Post by truncator »

I didn't ask him to unvote me. I made a statement.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:41 am

Post by truncator »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:OMGUS
You go from poetry to this. Classic.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 am

Post by pickemgenius »

truncator wrote:I didn't ask him to unvote me. I made a statement.
truncator wrote:I really wish windfish would remove his vote for me

Umm your statement was asking him to unvote you. LAL anyone?

This now brings me to think of you/WF pair.
This is totally not set in stone just a thought.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:12 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

pickemgenius wrote:Umm your statement was asking him to unvote you. LAL anyone?
Probably shouldn't be so hasty about it, technically it was a statement of sentiment rather than a request, but it was an implied request.

I'm thinking an Albert/truncator pair could be likely as well. Albert's last few posts during this whole truncator issue haven't added very much to the discussion.
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:12 am

Post by WindFish »

My current ranking is for truncator/Albert as well. Trunc's statements have raised some doubts, but I still go back to the quick 3rd vote. He claims it wasn't accident, so I think it's either a nooby scum move or misguided town.

I think truncator announcing his desire for me to remove my vote from him makes it harder for me to do that now, since it alone makes it look like we have a covert channel going on in the thread. I'm keeping my vote on truncator.

Albert's play has been inconsistent to me. He casts accusations, pursues aggressively, then swings around and says he has faith in people. I don't suppose that's necessarily scum behavior, but inconsistent behavior means it's 50/50 to me that your playing for the mafia. So just a
FoS: Albert
for now.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:42 am

Post by LlamaHunter »

WindFish wrote:Albert's play has been inconsistent to me. He casts accusations, pursues aggressively, then swings around and says he has faith in people.
Solid effort, WindFish, that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Not only that, but he hasn't made a substantial post for a long time. With no votes on him, I think it's pretty safe to
vote: Albert
. Although it might not be scummy behaviour, it also might be. Might as well look into it.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:55 am

Post by truncator »

LlamaHunter wrote:
WindFish wrote:Albert's play has been inconsistent to me. He casts accusations, pursues aggressively, then swings around and says he has faith in people.
Solid effort, WindFish, that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Not only that, but he hasn't made a substantial post for a long time. With no votes on him, I think it's pretty safe to
. Although it might not be scummy behaviour, it also might be. Might as well look into it.
Albert/pickem - not albert/trunc

trunc is good. good for the soul. good for the mind. not so good on the body unless you like tequila.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:57 am

Post by truncator »

truncator wrote:
LlamaHunter wrote:
Albert/pickem - not albert/trunc

trunc is good. good for the soul. good for the mind. not so good on the body unless you like tequila.
Holy crap, I just talked in third person. That killer game of golf must be getting to my head! Help me tom cruise!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:10 am

WindFish wrote: Albert's play has been inconsistent to me. He casts accusations, pursues aggressively, then swings around and says he has faith in people. I don't suppose that's necessarily scum behavior, but inconsistent behavior means it's 50/50 to me that your playing for the mafia. So just a
for now.
Umm...who do I have faith in again ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:41 am

Post by WindFish »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Umm...who do I have faith in again ?
Hey, that was trunc again. My bad. So
unFoS
from Albert.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:43 am

Vote: LlamaHunter

Everyone should do the same. He based a vote on evidence he didn't even care to verify.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:19 am

Post by truncator »

WindFish wrote: Albert's play has been inconsistent to me. He casts accusations, pursues aggressively, then swings around and says he has faith in people. I don't suppose that's necessarily scum behavior, but inconsistent behavior means it's 50/50 to me that your playing for the mafia. So just a
for now.
So this is me you are talking about?

Well, the folks I have faith in and the accusations I cast are not for the same folks, are they? Is it inconsistent to accuse one and have faith in another?

pickem/Albert = bad
trunc = good
everyone else is good as far as I can tell right now.
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:38 am

Post by WindFish »

truncator wrote:So this is me you are talking about?
No, just the "faith" part was you. The other parts about inconsistency still apply to Albert.

I don't have an issue either way with who you have faith or good feelings about or whatever. I mistook it as part of Albert's loose cannon accusatory style.

Could an IC explain how Day 1s (in C9 games) typically arrive at a lynch? It seems like there's always too little information until there's a lynch and kill and then to look back at everyone's behavior from Day 1, but it appears difficult to make progress to that first lynch without so little to go on.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:28 am

Post by truncator »

WindFish wrote:
truncator wrote:So this is me you are talking about?
No, just the "faith" part was you. The other parts about inconsistency still apply to Albert.
Right on.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:39 am

WindFish wrote: Albert's play has been inconsistent to me. He casts accusations, pursues aggressively
, then swings around and says he has faith in people.
I don't suppose that's necessarily scum behavior, but inconsistent behavior means it's 50/50 to me that your playing for the mafia. So just a
for now.
So I cast accusations, pursue them aggressively...and then withdraw when there's nothing left to say on the subject. How is that inconsistent, tell me.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Sorry for not posting daily, guys. I'll post tomorrow.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

Albert wrote:
Vote: LlamaHunter

Everyone should do the same. He based a vote on evidence he didn't even care to verify.
I presented my reason. Your play is inconsistent. Your vote doesn't appear to have any more backing than mine does.

From page 3, your posts go along the lines of the following:
Albert, post 52 wrote:
Unvote, vote Yosarian2

I don't like him much, and would readily lynch him today unless something unexpected happens.
You already express the desire to lynch Yosarian. Note this happens after the other issue currently occurring, that of truncator's 3rd vote.
Albert, post 56 wrote:Definitely scummy.
In response to WindFish's question, "Do you consider those actions to be pro-scum? To be anti-town?" Again, this emphasises Albert's views on Yosarian.
Albert, post 61 wrote:Not quite, Yos. You sounded over-defensive when WindFish made a mistake. Then the next post you submitted, you stated the obvious, and FoS'd me with questions instead of explanations. I find that scummy. Your reactions ?
Again, note "I find that scummy."

Post 63 is a hugely substantial post, but ends with
Albert, post 63 wrote:You are a scumbag because you misrepresent people and their intentions, which are both very strong indicators of your scumminess.
Albert even goes so far as to use "scum" twice in the one sentence.

Post 66 ends with
Albert, post 66 wrote:Excuse me, Yos, but I don't see the irony. What I see, is possible scum that I would like to continue to interact with.
Note that after this, Albert only very minimally continues to interact with Yosarian, even less so appears to consider him scum from this point on.

Post 73, Albert says he's answered Yosarian's questions.

Now, in posts 80 and 83, Albert asks Yosarian what he thinks of thedocsalive, and asks thedocsalive what he thinks of Yosarian. Following this, after being asked about truncator, he replies:
Albert, post 110 wrote:I share Yosarian's views on the question.
and
Albert, post 112 wrote:Like Yosarian, I believe...

To then illustrate the other point I raised,
LlamaHunter, post 136 wrote:Not only that, but he hasn't made a substantial post for a long time.
you will note that of this page and last page before post 136, Albert has made these posts:
110: "I share Yosarian's views on the question."
112: "Like Yosarian, I believe truncator shouldn't act scummy on purpose, or he will have my vote too. For now he is treading on dangerous grounds, but isn't satisfactory for a lynch.
My vote on WF could be because he followed my lead and unvoted, maybe to avoid suspicion."
119: "Nah, random vote. Wow, my reason didn't make sense whatsoever."
129: "OMGUS"
I personally find very little substance in those posts. The first two express agreement with Yosarian, which is inconsistent in itself, 119 merely corrects 112 to nullify your "My vote on WF could be..." statement, and 129 is a one word post.

"
Everyone should do the same
. He based a vote on evidence he didn't even care to verify." - Albert, post 141 (emphasis mine).
Attempting to get everyone to vote me is very suspicious behaviour indeed.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

EBWOP: I missed the final analysis for the first point, but it should be self explanatory. Considering Yosarian "definitely scummy" and then turning around and sharing his views is inconsistent. It is possible that Albert is hiding his own views of truncator to avoid interaction with his scum partner.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:42 am

You don't have the slightest clue of what your talking about, and you don't have a case.

I didn't have a strong case on Yosarian either, so I left him alone. I find myself agreeing with him on the truncator issue. What's the big deal ?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”