Newbie 384: All over 'cept the finger-pointing!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Mod prods on
: Albert, doc, Llama?

3+ days of no typing here, plus now we're in deadline and I wouldn't mind seeing them type here, even if I won't be directly be available to comment on them right away.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm here....Llama is scum, my vote is there.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by MeMe »

LlamaHunter and thedocsalive have been prodded

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count
:

LlamaHunter
(2):
Albert B. Rampage, thedocsalive

truncator
(2):
pickemgenius, Yosarian2

not voting
(3):
LlamaHunter, truncator, Windfish

Four to lynch before deadline, three at.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

Sorry pickem/everyone, been pretty busy these last few days. Looks like I missed a lot of interesting stuff.

WindFish raises a good point, truncator and pickem could be scum. Also, now that pickem is the first vote on truncator, that helps avoid suspicions (he was the 2nd to vote him at the beginning of the game). However, pickem has been pretty consistent with his suspicion of truncator, so its a scenario that's staying at the back of my head at best. I think it's likely that the drama's just a result of truncator being frustrating.
truncator wrote:If you are voting for me at this point, I believe you to be scum. But if it's between me and Llama Hunter, I don't want to go down first.
I don't like the fact that truncator instantly put me on L-1 (obviously). The vote looks like an excuse to off someone, making sure a lynch goes through. The problem with "If you are voting for me..." is, even townies will vote for you if you're suspicious.

Hmm, I got a prod as I was typing this. Anyway, moving on.

I assure you, Albert, I'm not scum. My suspicions were a complete mistake and I've already stated my retraction of them, and they were a result of replacing into the game and not being attentive enough to notice Yosarian had defended himself after you were still expressing suspicion of him, and not spotting a post where you accepted his defense as valid. Considering this, to thedocsalive, do you have any suspicions regarding pickemgenius or WindFish? Over in post 152, you mentioned by the process of elimination, they were left over. Personally, I can't find too much to say about either of them, and you had your vote on WindFish for a little while, so do your suspicions of him still apply?
WindFish
WindFish
Townie
WindFish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:58 am

Post by WindFish »

Yeah, I would expect some drama as part of the tension from the deadline, though it was quite a salvo. It's just something to note for the future.

I'm looking over the vote progression, and I have come around to conclude that truncator's voting pattern is not looking very favorable.

Truncator was the third to put a vote on pickemgenius. He didn't note, in doing so, that it was the 3rd vote. He states that he really
did
have a reason to cast that vote, that it was not a random vote. So it was a deliberate act. But he has not been very forthcoming with reasons for why he believes his vote target is scum.

Truncator kept his vote on pickemgenius until the last page when he switched over to Llamaherder. Again, this was the 3rd vote on a person. And there was no explanation to go along with that vote.

I find this pattern scummy because third on a wagon tends to be mafia.

So I
Vote: truncator
to put him at 3 votes. One more will be an immediate lynch, or if we hit the deadline, he'd be the first to go if no unvote intervenes beforehand.

Though now
I'm
also casting the 3rd vote on someone, I'm explaining my reasoning and giving context. That's a responsible way to do it.
truncator
truncator
Townie
truncator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:55 am

Post by truncator »

Y'all are dumb. pickem and his buddy just keep riding me to throw off suspicion on themselves. You'll see.

VOTE: pickem

This game is lasting unbearably long anyway.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by thedocsalive »

Hi guys, I'm here, sorry about the absence. I'll post tomorrow afternoon (about 12 hours from now).
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:39 am

Post by thedocsalive »

LlamaHunter wrote:WindFish raises a good point, truncator and pickem could be scum. Also, now that pickem is the first vote on truncator, that helps avoid suspicions (he was the 2nd to vote him at the beginning of the game). However, pickem has been pretty consistent with his suspicion of truncator, so its a scenario that's staying at the back of my head at best. I think it's likely that the drama's just a result of truncator being frustrating.
I find a pickem/trunc team pretty unlikely based on this. If it were the case, then, to their credit, pickem would have been throwing his partner under the bus since the first page, and that's a very risky play. This is especially unlikely when you consider the C9 setup as well; all the scum needs is two mislynches to win (in most cases).
LlamaHunter wrote:Considering this, to thedocsalive, do you have any suspicions regarding pickemgenius or WindFish? Over in post 152, you mentioned by the process of elimination, they were left over. Personally, I can't find too much to say about either of them, and you had your vote on WindFish for a little while, so do your suspicions of him still apply?
I'm not sure about my suspicions. Again, I'm judging so far mostly based on play that I perceive to be pro-town, leaving other players as scummy. Granted, this isn't particulary efficient, but I've generally been getting more pro-town vibes from certain players. As for pickem and WindFish, I'm pretty torn on pickem. He's probably been the most consistent player, which I consider to be pretty town, but his suspicion has been of a player who I have thought to be town throughout most of the game, which makes it more scummy. My earlier vote on WindFish was pretty weak, so I couldn't say I'm still suspicious of him based on that reasoning. In any case, I'm going to do a full re-read tomorrow and post suspicions based on that.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:53 am

Post by LlamaHunter »

Just checking in to say I'm here, but pretty busy at the moment. I'll try post this evening, in roughly 11 hours.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 am

Post by thedocsalive »

After re-reading, I'm somewhat suspicious of WindFish.
thedocsalive, post 46 wrote:[quote="WindFish]Yosarian's reasoning has re-affirmed my vote for truncator. Maybe he was just intentionally probing for some responses, but it does not appear to be very responsibly executed.
It's not a matter of responsibility. If you think he's a poor town player, he's still a townie and you shouldn't vote him. Unless, you think his irresponsible execution implies that he's scum, because it's so irresponsible that any town player wouldn't do it. And as I said, I don't think that is the case. [/quote][/quote]
Looking back, I think this is a decent point. You can't vote on players on things like responsibility, which generally don't indicate alliance. You vote for them based on what might make them scum (scum tells, town tells/vibes from most other players but not him, etc.). This was the first thing to catch my attention.

The part of the game where I question WindFish's content early on (posts 97, 120) seems correct after a re-read. We didn't hear a lot from him early on, it seems. While this is pretty subjective, I got the same feeling re-reading that part of the game.

Also, WindFish's post 135 is essentially the same as LlamaHunter's case that he tried to make on Albert, which was deemed pretty weak.

But WindFish's post 179 seems very well-thought out, and I agree with much of it. I'm somewhat suspicious of him based on his early play, but I don't think it's worth it to try to rally a case against him before this nearby deadline.

I still stand by truncator's initial third vote not necessarily being a very scummy play, but a lot of his later actions have raised suspicions. His quick, massive OMGUS vote on LlamaHunter was unjustified (yes, I realize I have been suspicious of LlamaHunter too, but I dislike the way truncator has voted). He hasn't justified any of his posts as much as anyone else in the game, he's been very wishy-washy and constantly flipping votes, and I don't like the give-up attitude (you'll see, watch the third/fourth vote on me, etc.).

Unvote: LlamaHunter, Strong FoS (would be a vote if it wouldn't be a lynch vote): truncator

truncator should claim. Three votes, an FoS, others expressing suspicion of him, and a looming deadline are against him.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:52 am

Whatever, this game IS unbearably long like he says.
Vote: truncator
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:10 am

Post by MeMe »

End-of-Day Count
:

truncator
(4):
pickemgenius, Yosarian2, WindFish, Albert B. Rampage

pickemgenius
(1):
truncator

not voting
(2):
LlamaHunter, thedocsalive

Wave bye-bye to
truncator
the
townie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Night choices are due by
4 p.m. EST Monday, June 25
-- a bit less than 72 hours from this post.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Good morning, everyone! Well, everyone except
WindFish
the
townie
-- not that he minds, being all dead like he is.

Five alive means it takes three votes to lynch. Get to it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:17 am

Vote:LlamaHunter
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:46 am

Post by pickemgenius »

we're in lylo. scum can easily pile on FTW which would suck.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:48 am

Post by thedocsalive »

FoS: Albert
for reckless behavior at the end of yesterday, and even moreso today.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:50 am

pickem and docs didn't quicklynch, therefore they aren't both scum.

unvote
, altough I am certain that Llama is scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Why would you vote like that on the first post of the day in a lynch or lose situation? You know what a huge risk that is?

For that matter, why did you feel the need to hammer and end the day so quickly yesterday?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:...

Why would you vote like that on the first post of the day in a lynch or lose situation? You know what a huge risk that is?

For that matter, why did you feel the need to hammer and end the day so quickly yesterday?
The game was going nowhere, truncator didn't want to participate and he was scummy, I was bored, a combination of these factors and others.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:16 am

Post by LlamaHunter »

Wow, that was dangerous play Albert. Especially considering the fact that my whole case against you was a mistake and I explained that already a few times.
Albert wrote:pickem and docs didn't quicklynch, therefore they aren't both scum.
Not necessarily, each might not have faith in the other's ability to get online quickly enough to quicklynch. Especially seeing as though it appears you were online at the time and could have unvoted and sprung them. Just theoretically.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:...

The game was going nowhere, truncator didn't want to participate and he was scummy, I was bored, a combination of these factors and others.
Well, that kind of answers the second question, but what about the first one? Why did you vote like that on the first post of the day in a lynch or lose situation, especally as you apparently understand the danger of scum speedlynching if you vote wrong?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:15 am

Because I was online all day and could unvote as soon as he hit -1 if I wanted.
LlamaHunter
LlamaHunter
Townie
LlamaHunter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by LlamaHunter »

Something's come up and I'm unsure of the access I'm going to have between 1-8 July, so I'm going to claim now. I'm the cop. I investigated Albert and he turned out innocent. So, that means two of Yosarian, thedocsalive and pickemgenius is scum. On the other hand, one of them is town.

That makes it so much harder.
thedocsalive
thedocsalive
Goon
thedocsalive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:29 am

Post by thedocsalive »

There is always the possibility of Llama being scum gambling for a quick win here. If so, he would have to be scum with Albert, because normally with this gambit the scum claims cop with a guilty on an innocent, not the other way around. I can't imagine Llama being scum with any of the three he did not claim to investigate, as it puts his partner at too much unnecessary risk.

I'm especially inclined to consider the case where Llama is lying, since right now the scum must be Llama/Albert or Yos/pickem from my eyes, and I've generally had confidence in Yos and pickem throughout the game. But as I said, I'd expect Llama to claim a guilty result if he were scum going for the quick win, so I'm a bit torn here.

Albert, are you still sure about Llama being scum, since I can't imagine a scenario where he's scum with anyone other than you?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:18 am

Post by pickemgenius »

LlamaHunter wrote:Something's come up and I'm unsure of the access I'm going to have between 1-8 July, so I'm going to claim now. I'm the cop. I investigated Albert and he turned out innocent. So, that means two of Yosarian, thedocsalive and pickemgenius is scum. On the other hand, one of them is town.

That makes it so much harder.
If there is no counterclaim, and soon I will have to believe it (for now)

So why did you investigate Albert?

Who do you think is scum out of the remaining three, you didn't investigate?

Wait a sec, unless Llama is lying about being a cop, which is possible however I don't find it very likely without a counterclaim(which ain't coming from me), that would mean
100%
that it is a doc/Yos combo.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”