Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Boon
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by elusive »

Wow, Garmr totally is not reading my posts and making up stuff. Will do a breakdown for you honey, when I have the time but this is why I believe in quoting posts rather then just you know making stuff up and not having a leg to stand on.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 428, Ricastle wrote:Right, okay then.

Do you have any scumreads?

Not yet, other than an inconclusive on Garmr.

I'll be reading through a few more players tonight.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
bewilderbeast
bewilderbeast
Townie
bewilderbeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by bewilderbeast »

Man, this got long quick. I'm gonna go back and reread all the posts until I find something...
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 484, Creative wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!

Because why?
I don't know him, tell me what I should be seeing.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 501, elusive wrote:Wow, Garmr totally is not reading my posts and making up stuff. Will do a breakdown for you honey, when I have the time but this is why I believe in quoting posts rather then just you know making stuff up and not having a leg to stand on.

I will love to see that.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Creative »

Spoiler:
In post 499, davesaz wrote:
In post 494, Creative wrote:
Ricastle

In post 489, Ricastle wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!
Glad to hear it. Any thoughts on Skold?

I was waiting someone to question me why? value play fail, *sad face*

You didn't wait long enough, I would have replied that your post was missing a "because" clause. ;)

Playing turtle scum
Dave
? That's bad!

Klingoncelt

Spoiler:
In post 504, Klingoncelt wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!

Because why?

I recommend reading #, maybe is what you are looking for!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Garmr »

name one thing I said that wasn't true that I have made up elusive name one.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 506, Creative wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 499, davesaz wrote:
In post 494, Creative wrote:
Ricastle

In post 489, Ricastle wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!
Glad to hear it. Any thoughts on Skold?

I was waiting someone to question me why? value play fail, *sad face*

You didn't wait long enough, I would have replied that your post was missing a "because" clause. ;)

Playing turtle scum
Dave
? That's bad!

Klingoncelt

Spoiler:
In post 504, Klingoncelt wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!

Because why?

I recommend reading #, maybe is what you are looking for!

Yeah, I made my post before I got to that one. Thanks. :]
-
MiniDeathStar
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 469, Garmr wrote:The fact she ask for rubicon permission to vote me is weird

pretty sure that didn't happen, at least
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by elusive »

Garmr,
You stated,
Spoiler:
post 469, Garmr"]Well I read over it a little I still keep my opinion on gribs there is an actual case on him compared to the others that are being voted. Elusive hard defense of gribs may just be biased or buddying I don't think they are same team if one is scum. I could see her as scum defending and buddying one player.

Even when I threaten her town block she doesn't vote me which makes me think elusive is afraid of a backlash for voting me. Her vote on nerocain still stayed despite the fact She displayed more of push towards me than she did on nero. The fact she ask for rubicon permission to vote me is weird. Then she votes skold after.

Where elusive is pushing most and where she is voting is not matching up.

VOTE: Elusive[/quote]

1. I stated in this post here that, "Rubicon, I might vote Garmr for wanting to crush the dreams of a nascent town bloc and
if he doesn't have any other reads. That's probably when I would start getting really suspicious
."

2. There is no asking for permission so your point is blatantly false. Indeed it is a statement made at Rubicon, who we've already established I trust, then the bolded part which I bolded so that hopefully no further explanation is necessary is why I haven't voted you as of yet since its still early in Day One and the reads people start out with aren't necessarily the ones they end upon.
Also now that you've voted me, you've proved my point by having another read.

3. I'm not sure why you feel that I should focus on you and only you. Nero, unlike you, is still hyper focused on Boon so I'm interested in following his progress. Skold, I'm developing a read on through my vote. You haven't really done much of interest to me so far other then desire that I show you how to be more helpful to town when making reads or cases.

4. Then, nope, Boonskiies is more of a concern for me because he seems to be up for lynch on day one of every game and as I stated in post #91 and twice I have read him as scum when he was being a lurkery lurksack. Therefore, I am more interested in figuring out the silly llama then anything else because I know there's a certain subset of players on every site it seems who are lynchbait and I'm trying to figure out if Boon is one of those or falls into my other theory regarding his play. However, his lack of posting makes that hard. Therefore, waiting and watching. Not all answers come at the press of a button. Some require the computer to think for thousands of years.

5. This one was funny and silly and somewhat odd all at the same time. How are you threatening my town block? Do you usually engage in threats? Do they work? Just an fyi, when I think someone is actually threatening me, my reactions are more aggressive. It's early on day one and right now I'm too much in the "new game, yay," mood to take things too seriously. If I knew a player who figured things out at this point I'd probably be stalking them and worshiping at their altar.

Then in this post here:
Spoiler:
In post 472, Garmr wrote:
In post 470, Ricastle wrote:
In post 469, Garmr wrote:I don't think they are same team if one is scum.
If you think this, and are voting elusive, why are you still scumreading Grib?

If you think they both have the possibility of being scum, what makes elusive more likely to be scum than Grib?

Elusive defensive nature over gribs implies buddying. She is also working hard to maintain the happiness of her town block :wink: which she threw out early. This makes me think she is more likely to be scum than gribs. Also the other point about where she is pushing and where she is voting.

pedit: If I were to see a 2nd night kill tonight Ricastle then I would consider it.

Wrong again, darling. Ladies and gentlemen, this boy needs to get his fact straight.

1. Rubicon in post #129http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p6745378 actually introduces the idea of a town block. This is based on a game where we all early on identified each other as town and formed a block. I totally support the town block idea. It's not foolproof but in mafia town needs to work together and often the optimal way to work is process of elimination (POE) where you start whittling down who you think is town to narrow the pool of suspects.

2. I'm not sure how buddying is applicable here at all when all three of as are actually know each other well through other games on another site where the social aspect was more magnified. It's like you ignored all the posts about how we do in actuality know each other a bit more then most players might. Rude and reachy. No cookies for you.

Now, then the deconstruction of the next application of your illogical posts:

Spoiler:
In post 483, Garmr wrote:
In post 480, Skold wrote:I LOVE dancing Jesus. Except when he ruins the fuck out of my internet.
@Garmr By the logic of Elusive is defending Grib therefore she is scum, am I also scum?

I got you as null at the moment but maybe. It's also the way you are doing it. Elusive is trying to bring gribs into a town block and keeps using meta as an excuse. You at least questioned grib early game elusive through just had him as town as if she had knowledge prior. The only thing she asked was "are you town" not actually questioning his logic.

There are probably more differences between you and Elusive but I'm to lazy right now to find them.

1. I actually like how Skold pointed out your bad logic in this post which makes me feel better about him.

2. Meta is not an excuse. My first newbie game (see my Wiki) town won the game because of meta and so Meta can be Oracular and Divine.

3. "Are you town?" is an inside thing. I'm sorry, it must be weird, but we have a history and that question if a part of it. I actually love(d) to ask that question of each player but players sometimes made fun of me for asking it (*cough*) because it seems so basic. However, the way people respond to it or try not to respond sometimes bears dividends. Not always, but once a while. Some players will lie but be charming about it (*cough*) while others will avoid making a clear statement (*cough). People and their lovely idiosyncrasies.

4. I do think you're being a bit lazy as a player in terms of not actually doing the work to push your cases. I'm not sure if its scummy or if its town lazy but you don't have to work harder but smarter would be ideal.

Keep up this level of bad play though and you might just win my vote! Just a fair warning...the person who gets voted enough may end up hanging from a tree
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by elusive »

Oh quick question is there a way to link to the URL to a post in this game so when I write here, the here part is where the link is and can be clicked and followed? That is my only struggle with posting right now and I don't want to overuse the spoiler tag or quotes.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Grib »

Do [*post]number![/post].
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by davesaz »

Right click the post number, copy link as. Then use that link as the target of a URL tag. Or use what Grib said.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Boonskiies has been prodded.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

Playing turtle scum
Dave
? That's bad!

I have no idea what you mean by that term.

If you want to find out if anyone is going to question a play you make, you have to leave it out there long enough for some people to actually see it before you reveal what you were looking for.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by davesaz »

I read the two posts and made my reply in one session btw, in case you thought I saw the first one and let it go until after you revealed.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Creative »

In post 515, davesaz wrote:
Playing turtle scum
Dave
? That's bad!

I have no idea what you mean by that term.

If you want to find out if anyone is going to question a play you make, you have to leave it out there long enough for some people to actually see it before you reveal what you were looking for.

That was just a joke, i know it wasn´t long enough, haha, calm down.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Creative »

Now that i think about, this reaction was a little too much for my statement regardless of you not noticing it was a joke. Also, it worries me no one is disagreeing with my reads.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by Ricastle »

What are your reads again?
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by PointYBagelS »

A few thoughts:

1: I'm still nullreading Ricastle. He's posted a lot but I'm just not fully convinced that he's town

2: Are we completely forgetting about jbomber? Skold was the only one to vote for him but I feel like his shady sounding responses in and can't be ignored.

3: I realize grib has a lot of votes but I just don't think he's scum. I feel like scum would try to be less visible/controversial on the first day, and grib seems to be taking up a lot of attention that I don't think scum would want.

4: I sill think dave is a bit scummy, but there are others who are more so.

5: I'd like to see more posts from kitz. She's posted very little of substance so far, and that worries me.

6: Elusive scum is something I hadn't considered but it may be a possibility, I'll have to look over the game some more.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Sorry about the mia, guys. I am in tech week for a production I'm in. Finally the end of the week. Will catch up hopefully in the morning tomorrow.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Kitz »

In post 485, Grib wrote:Kitz, will you do something moderately towny if I ask nicely?

In post 520, PointYBagelS wrote:5: I'd like to see more posts from kitz. She's posted very little of substance so far, and that worries me.

And what would be "Moderately Towny"?
Everyone's doing wall texts of eachothers because of
Meta
, and I just cannot argue with Meta.
Meta sucks, I don't interpret that thing and I don't understand it. Thus I am silent for now.

What confuse me the most is the "town block" thingie, like, why is it even a thing this early? I also don't know the player's playstyle, yet.

That's the usual bad quirk about a Day 1. It'll improve as things happen and the game has progressed, I'll see more past the bias of meta.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 521, Boonskiies wrote:Sorry about the mia, guys. I am in tech week for a production I'm in. Finally the end of the week. Will catch up hopefully in the morning tomorrow.

:(

I actually miss tech week.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 509, Rubicon wrote:
In post 469, Garmr wrote:The fact she ask for rubicon permission to vote me is weird

pretty sure that didn't happen, at least
I just ISO'd elusive and yes that is a legit lie.

Why did you do that Garmr? :?

In post 520, PointYBagelS wrote:2: Are we completely forgetting about jbomber? Skold was the only one to vote for him but I feel like his shady sounding responses in and can't be ignored.
I'm already scumreading him off that. What were you thinking of doing about him?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”