Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4850 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Titus wrote:Oh and as for the Deas statement, I stiill consider that town but FFery fitting her reads to Nacho's.
>:c
The amount of pffffffffffffffft I have right now.
Are you townreading DV because of ffery's apparent implicit townread which she never said she had?
Excuse me while I pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft over in this corner over here.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4851 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

You really think that ffery would put forward nacho's read on DV in her final post without stating she was townreading him if she hadn't also changed her mind? That doesn't make any sense.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4852 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

ffery wrote:I'd really rather see espe or even DV flipped.
Going to write a post about Mastin-gambits next.
Oh man totally still townreading DV here.
I swear you don't read things before you say things Titus. Like holy moly.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4853 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Unless you're trying to say that ffery was compromising to make nacho happy?
I just.
Heh.
There are so many things you've said this day cycle that make my head hurt. q.q
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4854 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Fuck I don't even want to be having this conversation.
Why can't people have their own reads?
Seriously this was enough of a fucking issue on D1 where people sheeped ffery when she was alive and couldn't be held as responsible for shit and now we're doing it again when she's dead? Like. Jesus guys.
-.-
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4855 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Titus »

@Cheetory, that's precisely what I was saying.

GiF wasn't a scumread of FFery's as far as I can ever remember.

I'm not exclusively sheeping FFery for which reads to lynch. I am sheeping her as which reads
not
to lynch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4856 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

ffery wrote:I'd really rather see espe or even DV flipped.
Going to write a post about Mastin-gambits next.
I'm just going to quote this at you again.
And then you should tell me how ffery is trying to telegraph to you from the dead that DV was a townread of her's.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4857 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by Titus »

That quote was true at the time but I looked at the end of the day. She did change her reads a fair amount.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4858 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Titus »

Found that post.

Chronology is key.

Ffery says flip espe or DV.
Then DV is a "strage" scumread.
Then don't lynch Espy because no lynch.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4859 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

She said that DV was a strange scumread to have at the time that mastin had him as a scumread.
That's literally all she said there.
You're misreading that context harddddddd to get to a townread on DV.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4860 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Titus are we going to see that Bulbazak town case or what?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #4861 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

this entire conversation is useless garbage

cheet if you want DV lynched go find some posts of his you think are scummy and point out why. being whiny about people valuing ffery's detailed (though not final) read on DV more than the only thing I actually remember you saying about him being scum (being overly apologetic and not showing up to actually play the game since forever ago) is dumb.

also @TTH I will probably not get around to rereading bulba for another RL day or two. did manage to not look at your spoiler for when i do get around to it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4862 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Titus »

@Cheetory, Welcome to my world. I feel you people don't understand basic English and jump to what you want to see. Occasionally I'm wrong, but not to often.

@TTH, We'll see the detailed version when I'm not doing 2-3 things at once.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4863 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 4861, Gammagooey wrote:also @TTH I will probably not get around to rereading bulba for another RL day or two. did manage to not look at your spoiler for when i do get around to it.

Excellent! :D

In that time I will have completely alienated Titus and pissed off anybody who might otherwise not currently hate me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4864 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4863, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 4861, Gammagooey wrote:also @TTH I will probably not get around to rereading bulba for another RL day or two. did manage to not look at your spoiler for when i do get around to it.

Excellent! :D

In that time I will have completely alienated Titus and pissed off anybody who might otherwise not currently hate me.

If you're trying to piss me off, encouraging me to get that Bulba case to have a logical dialogue with you is a horrible way to do that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4865 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4809, Gammagooey wrote:
vezok is also basically the most obvious town in the game.

Going to have to disagree with you there.

In post 4827, Espeonage wrote:Ok Lynching UT is dumb right now. It's a waste of our mechanics.
Lynch on me is dumb because we should at least pretend to still care about ffery and that Titus is pushing for it.

Lynch on Titus will get rid of a scum. Thus that is a great lynch.

Vote: Titus

This really makes me want to lynch Esp.

In post 4828, TellTaleHeart wrote:
*He's a ghost in the vote counts.

Paying attention to activity and who I was pushing is key. I was not around for the TSO push, the second deadline lynch, or either of the minor day lynches (although I did have a bane vote on Esp that was never counted). I can't say that you would have seen a major difference, but my vote would have been out of the "not voting" pool a lot more often.

*The quote-stripe catchup mode the posts are always in is a pretty easy format for scum to look participative while not actually doing anything, which is actually what make up the bulk of his posts.

It's something I tend to do when catching up, and since I seem to be in perpetual catch up, you're going to see a lot of them. That doesn't mean that you should ignore what I have to say in there. The style of posting is not alignment indicative. The content is.

*Mollie's contributions are pretty shallow and don't come off as particularly genuine.

I haven't really forwarded a lot of Mollie's thoughts, so I'm having a hard time seeing where you're coming from here. When I have, I've paraphrased them as best I can. Admittedly, she's not paying super attention here, just a glance now and then, but I wouldn't call her observations shallow. If you want to make more of a case here, quotes would be nice.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4866 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: Bulba is town case
Ok, I'm starting on the wall here. For those of you playing along at home, the players I townread I tend to see have logical consistent thoughts, even if I disagree with them, as that's how I feel town should be playing. So if I like someone's contributions, their actions are logical, and consistent, I will more likely than not townread them. Someone jumps to a major townread if I feel like they are saying what I was trying to say better. If I can track someone's train of thought, that makes them predictable and more likely town. If they actually follow through with where I'm predicting them to be, that's a strong indicator they are town. If I am wrong on the townread, then I look back and know what they are pushing over something else and it gives me an idea as to what the alignment of other players are in the game. I like people who will clash with me (like Cheetory is doing but he could be less demeaning) because he's stating that he views the interpretation of the post differently and it guides him to a different conclusion. While I think Cheetory's analysis is not sound, it is valid IMO. Interpretations are frequently where I butt heads with other players.

Now that you understand why I give players the reads I do, now we're going to look at the specific posts from Bulba's ISO that give me similar feelings about him.

#352 - #357 and the exchange that followed regarding Mastina being town versus Mastina being scum over not posting is a very good position there. He's not whiteknighting Mastina but he's stating things that he believed to explain Town!Mastina. At the time, I disagreed with that read, but he explained it in a logical concise manner. His response to "nail Mastina to the floor" indicates a willingness to change his mind if he was wrong. Such posts indicate a person changing their opinion based on incoming facts rather than sticking to a narrative.

#657, The interaction here with DV feels natural and mirrors my attempts to sync up with my townreads. Neither Bulba nor myself are emotional players, so the fact he's pushing DV to explain his reads in terms he understands is good. A scum player can just dismiss those reads because they lack "evidence" and its what I would expect a logic based scumplayer to do.

#927 Bulbazak attempts to dismantle a meta foundation of my read, which is unlikely (but still possible) to come from scum. He didn't deny the facts I was using but provided real life context that I didn't have when saying that I thought even Bulba's meta was consistent with him being town.

#1207 I like the resistance to group!think, even though I like Marquis (now FormerFish) as town. Forming a group of people who all think each other are town, and eventually agree on a scumread after discussion is one thing. Following group think is a bad idea.

He also expresses the fact that many of his townreads are townreading his scumread, but doesn't actually outright change his read on Vezok. Again, townpoints for the observation but not outright moving of his read.

1375 looks like genuine frustration over being ignored.

1379 reminds me that Aronis needs to get on and post. Bulba's interaction leading up to the vote in real time I can follow. Aronis's answers there were pretty shitty.

1540 makes sense as Mollie plays in a more frustrating, get under people's skin and see what shakes rather than pure logic. Mollie doing a reaction test through Bulba feels genuine. Mollie's much better at the early game, where there's less to go on. Versus me where I tend to be better at the end. So a reaction test from her makes sense.

1613 is Bulba again being consistent and fighting against rapid group think.

@Bulba,
We should totally revisit the findings in 1753/1765. Perhaps we should be pushing Aronis here?

Skip a few posts because this is turning into a wall.

Bulba asks me why TSO's reads had to be investigated by a vote. That's something that comes from town, trying to work together. Why did you think to do that? What other methods would be more effective? My biggest flaws are acting too fast and not thinking things through.

He tries to force Vezok to take a stand on me and provides the context he thinks your read lacks. Again, this shows a mindset that town are generally rational and make the right decision with all the information while defending Mastina as town before it was cool.

Bulba goes into a bit of wagon analysis. Bulba tends to favor more wagon analysis with living players, yet I don't. It's a touch different as I've seen you do that as well TTH.

This doesn't even include the extreme pushes on bulba scum day 1 for a reason I still do not understand.

^^ Spoilered that because someone is rereading Bulba.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4867 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Titus »

@Bulba, do me a favor and have Mollie get a lot of thoughts together, then bring them out. I'm not exactly wanting to deal with her in mafia games right now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4868 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Gyus. We have two useless flips. The last 5 pages are nothing. They are fluff written in many words. We need to lynch something.

vote bulba
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4869 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4866, Titus wrote:
@Bulba,
We should totally revisit the findings in 1753/1765. Perhaps we should be pushing Aronis here?

Mastin wanted me to compare my wagon with TSO's. I'm thinking of throwing Mastin's in the mix as well and seeing what jumps out.

In post 4866, Titus wrote:
He tries to force Vezok to take a stand on me and provides the context he thinks your read lacks.

Which, looking back, he never addressed.

In post 4867, Titus wrote:@Bulba, do me a favor and have Mollie get a lot of thoughts together, then bring them out. I'm not exactly wanting to deal with her in mafia games right now.

I'm trying to get Mollie to explain some of her reads right now, but the general thought process seems to be that she doesn't want me relying on her reads over mine. She also didn't like it when I said that she was only glancing at the game.

Also, can you explain how you
know
there's a roleblocker in the game. I may disagree with Singer on pretty much everything, but that was a very good question that you never answered.

P-edit: Oh lookee, scum is scared.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4870 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Titus »

Are you fucking kidding me?

I literally just made a shiny fucking Bulba is obvtown case. You call it useless and then proceed to vote the guy I just showed was town.

Yo! TTH, THAT is how you piss me off.

@Bulba, I answered it like 50 times. :/ The mods aren't going to make a game breakable by follow the cop.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #4871 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by singersigner »

There are more than a few things that interfere with that theory without having a roleblocker. Try again.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4872 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: Espeonage

Espeonage and Titus are by far the best choices.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #4873 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

Theeeeen vote Titus instead?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4874 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4871, singersigner wrote:There are more than a few things that interfere with that theory without having a roleblocker. Try again.

The things you mentioned were not interference. Scum have to have a roleblocker or some other method of bypassing beyond *cross your fingers*. Thus CDB was a terrible boon.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”