Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Nocmen »

I think the main problem is with VitR is that now, with his response and vote to BMQ, it is very suspicious, something like "Well, I can't get on the first bandwagon I want, so I'll join the second one".

VitR, another reason for your suspect is what your previous person said. I pointed this out in my last post, ojpower's posts seemed as if he slipped up to saying the people he would target would die.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:24 am

Post by distad »

Nocmen wrote: I still have a hunch of distad from what I've said on post 124. Scum really would be most likely to want to stifle the day and move into night.
I actually disagree with this. I think that scum would be MOST likely to want to keep D0 going with as much conversation as possible to get a read on how doctors/cops would make their lists and be able to plan their night kills accordingly.

I know that I certainly did not want to discuss how I put together my list.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Nocmen »

Maybe you are right distad, but I really can't tell though, because that could have been made after you said you wanted to go to night. BMQ didn't go and discuss doc strategy until after your post 123...
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Xdaamno »

VitaminR wrote:Way to respond to what I was saying. :roll:
Eh, I couldn't see much that was relevant to your defence, or particularly worth commenting on. Did you expect a response to a particular thing?
Nocmen wrote: I think the main problem is with VitR is that now, with his response and vote to BMQ, it is very suspicious, something like "Well, I can't get on the first bandwagon I want, so I'll join the second one".

VitR, another reason for your suspect is what your previous person said. I pointed this out in my last post, ojpower's posts seemed as if he slipped up to saying the people he would target would die.
What's the results of this re-read, and at what point did you start to get onto Vit in the first place?

And now I'm
really
going... in that irritating cliche way.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:32 am

Post by distad »

But I don't also see a reason for claiming Day 1, but I do alsot see how it would work.
I was asked to after I had received a plurality in votes under a deadline after a couple of fairly slow days, implying that there might not have been quite this much activity prior to the lynch. People were already getting antsy and I didn't want to die because 1) I'd rather play the game; and 2) My death would be particularly unfortunate for the town.

So, I begrudgingly claimed.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

Nocmen wrote:I think the main problem is with VitR is that now, with his response and vote to BMQ, it is very suspicious, something like "Well, I can't get on the first bandwagon I want, so I'll join the second one".
It's not really like that. The deadline is really close and this is likely to be the last time slot I'm online in to say anything about it. Also, BMQ has been on my list all day (as I've indicated) and there is a good reason to hold off on going after Flay (distad's claim).
Nocmen wrote:VitR, another reason for your suspect is what your previous person said. I pointed this out in my last post, ojpower's posts seemed as if he slipped up to saying the people he would target would die.
Fair enough. That was a strange thing to say.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:32 am

Post by Nocmen »

The results of my reread were just posted in my huge post 30 minutes or so ago.

I originalyl became suspect of VitR before he was in the game, with the posts ojpower made around post 80 and continuing for a bit.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:36 am

Post by VitaminR »

Xdaamno wrote:
VitaminR wrote:Way to respond to what I was saying. :roll:
Eh, I couldn't see much that was relevant to your defence, or particularly worth commenting on. Did you expect a response to a particular thing?
I wanted to see your reasons for suspecting me, to be honest. My head is fairly clear about this game and my suspicions in it and I find it surprising that I'm under this much attack now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Nocmen »

Well, I sort of feel better on VitR due to me overlooking the cop when he changed his vote to BMQ. It comes down to pretty much, do I go after VitR for what his predecssor said and he may have against him, or do I go with BMQ, who has just done some scummy things overall?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:17 am

Post by distad »

I stand corrected... unfortunately my investigation result was given to me via AIM, so I'm not 100% sure of the verbiage of it, however based on the wording of my role pm, my results will be either mafia or cult
or
not mafia or cult.

I got a "Not" response.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: Erg0
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Simenon »

BMQ- Don't be dense. I said I would be active, so I could afford to keep this vote temporary just in case we can't get a lynch.

Also, voting me without a wagon is antitown, to be honest.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Simenon »

I find it enlightening BMQ is contributing to this spread.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Simenon »

Also, BMQ, way to dodge everything else you could respond to right before the deadline.

die.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Simenon »

Simenon wrote:BMQ- Don't be dense. I said I would be active, so I could afford to keep this vote temporary just in case we can't get a lynch.

Also, voting me without a wagon is antitown, to be honest.
Let me clarify this. Some won't have this great activity. They should pick a bandwagon and stick with it. However, I have activity, therefore I can afford to make temporary votes. I laid this out in the discussed post.

ur still dense lol
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Erg0 »

I'm not 100% sold on distad's claim, for two reasons:

1. He weakened it almost immediately by saying he thought Flay could be investigation-immune.

2. The general "poor me" vibe he's been giving off since, particularly in post 355.

Having said that, I'm not going to vote a claimed cop, or his innocent result, on day 1. It sounds like distad's not claiming to be able to detect an SK, so I doubt he's going to get killed tonight unless there's a cult making the "random" nightkill. This probably means that we'll have to resolve this issue for ourselves at some point.

I'd also tend to think that either Seol or distad has (or had) sanity issues, since two sane cops in any kind of 12 player game is extremely powerful.

I'm kind of seeing cases on VitR and Sim, though I find it unlikely that both scum would jump on someone so quickly at the start of day 1. Given my doubts on the reliability of distad's investigation, I can't really treat voting for Flay as a definitive scumtell, though I have thought throughout the day that the case on him was weak.

BMQ's "non doc" claim strikes me as a bit odd, in that I'm not really sure what he was trying to achieve with it. I don't think anyone was really basing their vote on the idea that he was the doc (since they obviously wouldn't be voting for him if they thought that). It's just... odd.

Further analysis is required.

Glork: yes?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:58 am

Post by distad »

yeah, because unless a doctor SOMEHOW managed to protect me tonight, I anticipate being dead tomorrow, so why not a "poor me"?

And my concern with Flay being investigation immune is that despite my having defended him the WHOLE day (look back at it) there have been interesting suspicions brought against him.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm not crazy about BMQ showing up suddenly.

What I don't get is why, in a game with screwy mechanics, we'd have two killers AND a Cult. Granted, we've got two apparent Cops and a Tracker, but still... something not right here. I think the Cult thing is a red herring, to lend doubt to distad's results.

Anyone ever been a Cop in a Stoofer game (non-Newbie, obviously)?
Retired as of October 2014.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Erg0 »

Like I said, I doubt you'll die tonight unless you're able to get a guilty result on the non-random killer. Unless the scum are the non-random ones, I suspect that you won't be able to do this. A cult with a non-random NK would make this game rather wacky, I think.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Glork »

Keep in mind, people, that if there is a cult in this game, there must almost necessarily be a Vigilante. I have no idea why people are even suggesting "Cult with a nonrandom kill," because that seems horribly broken.

Also, given Stoof's recent modding history (Space Monkey and Calvin&Hobbes), I would not trust any possible hints/information from him. Remember that in Space Monkey, the townies thougth they were all traitors. In C&H, the game had a 10-2 mountainous split, but claims were barred outright (so as not to make the mountainous setup obvious). Interesting to note, these "twists" tend to skew things in favor of the mafia a little bit.

I'm not yet willing to state that one of Seol/Distad has sanity issues (assuming that Distad is a Cop, of course), even with a deceased Watchman as well. As BMQ pointed out, we are severely weakened in our night abilities by the fact that we had to choose them all D0. Further weakening a town by giving us sanity issues would also be extremely difficult to deal with.

Erg0: I just haven't really liked your posts/votes so far during D1. You seem awfully bandwagon. You voted Xdaamno after I voted him, FoS'd Flay after he had early pressure from VitR et al, jumped on the BMQ wagon, FoS'd Distad after he garnered some pressure. The one thing you had going in your favor was that you were the first person, I believe, to actually lay a vote on Distad (although I had made it abundantly clear that I was not happy with his play/suspicions).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

distad wrote:yeah, because unless a doctor SOMEHOW managed to protect me tonight, I anticipate being dead tomorrow, so why not a "poor me"?
Unless I'm mistaken, the Mafia can't specifically target you tonight. Didn't they have to set up all their nightkills just like we had to set up our choices?
Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not crazy about BMQ showing up suddenly.
Maybe I feel the need to be active since I see myself as the most likely lynch this game, but c'mon now Flay.
Everyone
has shown up suddenly. Does the word "deadline" mean anything?
Erg0 wrote:BMQ's "non doc" claim strikes me as a bit odd, in that I'm not really sure what he was trying to achieve with it.
More than one person has said that I've been "hinting" about being the doctor. They've said that I've tried to give off the impression of being a doctor just to make myself look good. That's not the case.
Simenon wrote:However, I have activity, therefore I can afford to make temporary votes.
Yes, you did stick around, so you could afford to make temporary votes. But what if you just disappeared? I'm calling you out on it so you can't just get away with hiding and letting your vote ride. Your vote, after all, was the necessary third vote to get me deadline-lynched.
Simenon wrote:Also, BMQ, way to dodge everything else you could respond to right before the deadline.
What have I dodged? Nocmen's post 359, "scummy things overall". VitaminR's post 347, "BMQ is the best bet". A couple people have put me on their scum list. That's fine, but how do I defend myself against that? I can't defend myself against generic posts. If there were specific things mentioned wrong with me, I'd be more than happy to address them, but I can't. And since I can't defend against them, you might as well shove them in my face and say I'm dodging.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Glork »

Also, Erg0, could you explain this:
Erg0 wrote:I can't really treat voting for Flay as a definitive scumtell, though I have thought throughout the day that the case on him was weak.
...in relation to this:
Erg0 wrote:I often use the tell that Glork refers to as a basis for an early vote, but it rarely carries through to a lynch without further evidence. Of course, evidence comes through pressure...

Vote: Xdaamno

FoS: Mr Flay
, pending his response to VitR's response to him.
....and this:
Erg0 wrote:Hmmm... persuasive as that was, I'm going to say no. I would like to see Flay respond to VitR's original post though, since I still have an FoS resting on him pending that response.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Glork »

BMQ wrote:What have I dodged? Nocmen's post 359, "scummy things overall". VitaminR's post 347, "BMQ is the best bet". A couple people have put me on their scum list. That's fine, but how do I defend myself against that? I can't defend myself against generic posts. If there were specific things mentioned wrong with me, I'd be more than happy to address them, but I can't. And since I can't defend against them, you might as well shove them in my face and say I'm dodging.
Phantom pressure leading to possible lynch is why I believe BMQ is very likely not teamscum. FYI.

Also, lynch Erg0. kthxbai
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Nocmen »

BMQ - I have heard from the other person I suspect, I want to hear from you.

1. I don't like having your vote on Simenon when I really have not come to suspect him much this game. Why do you feel such an urge to vote for him?
2. Why did you go do the thing regarding the best move for the doctor to take?
3. Why do you beleive Xdammno shouldn't be suspected for his reaction to the NK?
4. Why did you come back only during the final hours, even though you were being suspected constantly?

I've also come to look at my top 3 suspicions, slightly changed from the 5 I listed earlier.
BMQ
VitR
Erg0

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”