VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by VysePresident »

For what it's worth Drixx, if there was a scummie for individual gameplay, I'd have nominated you after SMITE. I wasn't particularly comfortable nominating the rest of your team for obvious reasons, and wasn't entirely sure if it was appropriate for the body of work award. In the end, I decided it probably wasn't even my place to do so, and decided to just watch you in future games we might be in together.

Beyond that, my thought on self-nominations is that the place they're in is about the best it can be. There may occasionally be valid reasons for a self-nom, but they'd better be good if I'm not just going to roll my eyes at someone's ego.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 526, VysePresident wrote:For what it's worth Drixx, if there was a scummie for individual gameplay, I'd have nominated you after SMITE. I wasn't particularly comfortable nominating the rest of your team for obvious reasons, and wasn't entirely sure if it was appropriate for the body of work award. In the end, I decided it probably wasn't even my place to do so, and decided to just watch you in future games we might be in together.

Beyond that, my thought on self-nominations is that the place they're in is about the best it can be. There may occasionally be valid reasons for a self-nom, but they'd better be good if I'm not just going to roll my eyes at someone's ego.

I wouldn't nominate me for Master Manipulator I don't think. I've got 4 scum games:

1.) First game on site, replaced into a newbie scum slot, did well and won.
2.) SMITE ... enough said.
3.) Replaced into a scum slot, was actively scumhunting (known SK in setup). SK shot me in the face night one.
4.) Assigned to a scum team in a multi-ball game. Other team shot me in the face night 2 I think. I was investigating them so it was fortuitous on their part.

Hard to point to a newbie game and SMITE and call that a really strong body of work. I'm not sure what it would take for a body of work for scum in a year, given how infrequently I get assigned a scum role. Like ... if someone has two really great scum performances in a year, is that enough? Should it be more? What's a good standard? (I have someone I want to nominate for their scum/SK play, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant it and don't want to waste people's time).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I'd think that, so long as it isn't just one game, they'd still look it over, but I'm not on the judging committee.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 527, Drixx wrote:
In post 526, VysePresident wrote:For what it's worth Drixx, if there was a scummie for individual gameplay, I'd have nominated you after SMITE. I wasn't particularly comfortable nominating the rest of your team for obvious reasons, and wasn't entirely sure if it was appropriate for the body of work award. In the end, I decided it probably wasn't even my place to do so, and decided to just watch you in future games we might be in together.

I wouldn't nominate me for Master Manipulator I don't think. I've got 4 scum games:

1.) First game on site, replaced into a newbie scum slot, did well and won.
2.) SMITE ... enough said.
3.) Replaced into a scum slot, was actively scumhunting (known SK in setup). SK shot me in the face night one.
4.) Assigned to a scum team in a multi-ball game. Other team shot me in the face night 2 I think. I was investigating them so it was fortuitous on their part.

Hard to point to a newbie game and SMITE and call that a really strong body of work. I'm not sure what it would take for a body of work for scum in a year, given how infrequently I get assigned a scum role. Like ... if someone has two really great scum performances in a year, is that enough? Should it be more? What's a good standard? (I have someone I want to nominate for their scum/SK play, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant it and don't want to waste people's time).

when you think about it, it is possible to have played like 20 games and only rolled scum in 2. If you do a really good job in a few games, I think its worthy of consideration. Mafia isn't a guaranteed spot so like can't fault someone for not rolling it enough?
third best scummer of all time
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

Cool. I'll put in the effort to write up a good nom for them then.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

In post 513, hiplop wrote:I think awards like Kodak moment are fine for self nom

Kodak Moment seems like the most "abusable" wrt self-noms.

I like the idea of encouraging scumteams to nominate Best Towns and vice-versa, that sort of thing. Or if a large number of the [mod/scumteam/3rd parties/spectators/etc] group nths the other side's self-nom.

As was already stated though, I trust the scummies committee to notice when self-noms are deserved and when it's a group of users patting each others' backs in the scummies thread so eh.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's not really a self nomination if you're nominating the other team.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by hiplop »

^ see no issue with that at all. I have never nom'd a game that I wasn't in at all. Expecting the community to do that is a bit weird

IP, not many people get crazy kodak level moment that often, I don't think. Eh, whatever none of this matters lol
third best scummer of all time
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 452, Davsto wrote:
In post 450, Titus wrote:Two scum were caught by post 20 and the other was having trouble getting engaged.

Sounds more like crap scumplay than great townplay if you ask me.

^ ^ ^ this
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 463, OceanWind wrote:I was a little uncertain on whether this thread was purely for nominations or debate was encouraged but since it is being discussed, I'll add my two cents.

I read the game really quickly. The scumteam wasn't all that impressive. At least two members (LicketyQuickety and Klingoncelt) had fairly weak games objectively and the remaining scum member was decent but not distinctive. They had the kind of playstyle that would have gotten them lynched regardless of alignment and didn't play a particularly strong or threatening game that would need town to put in extra effort to catch them.

I did not see where Titus had the scumteam pegged despite ISOing her so a link would be nice. I'll believe it though. In a different game I played with Titus, she had two members of our scumteam nailed on D1 in a Blitz game. We mislynched her but her reads were good: Blitz 1. I'm against supporting the best town performance nomination as it currently stands.

I'll add that there were complaints that Town had more access to info than Scum, as Scum had only Night Chat but Town had 2 Masons, a 2-shot-per-Day Neighborizer, and a 2-shot Messenger.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 527, Drixx wrote:Hard to point to a newbie game and SMITE and call that a really strong body of work. I'm not sure what it would take for a body of work for scum in a year, given how infrequently I get assigned a scum role. Like ... if someone has two really great scum performances in a year, is that enough? Should it be more? What's a good standard? (I have someone I want to nominate for their scum/SK play, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant it and don't want to waste people's time).

honestly, i would say it's fine in both your case and the case of whoever you want to nominate (people have been nominated for don corleone after so much as 1 scum game in that year iirc). to put it in perspective, someone who plays 20 games/year as a baseline will only average ~5 scum games/year - you would have to be a very active player to get a body of work containing a lot of scum games, and in your case, i don't think anyone would hold it against you if half of yours just so happened to be in setups where a cross kill was possible and you got cross killed.

there is also a best third party award if this is specifically SK play you want to nominate.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by BNL »

Nominate this vote count for Kodak
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
JokeExplainBot
JokeExplainBot
The Joke
Your Head
JokeExplainBot
The Joke
Your Head
The Joke
Your Head

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by JokeExplainBot »

In post 537, BNL wrote:Nominate this vote count for Kodak

All of the
players
are
voting
for the same
person
I'm a bot, bleep bloop.

Send me a message with a link to a post you would like joke-explained. Please do not include more than one link in the PM; it confuses me.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I like this troll account ^

So like all good things, Im sure it'll be b& shortly.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Aneninen »

Nominating
RadiantCowbells
as
Best Scum
for this game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64284

Here's the short story. It was a Role Madness game. There was a Mass-claim (at least categories) on Day1, we lynched Mafia. RadiantCowbells claimed Bodyguard. At Night1 Mafia Nightkilled Randomidget who was a Bus-Driver. They buried him and from that point RadiantCowbells "impersonated" Randomidget: he told he was the Bus-Driver... and noone ever questioned him.
From that point the whole game turned into a guessing-madness. Everyone set up theories about all the events, roles, alignments – the same happened in the Death Thread too –, but noone got even close to the answer.
It was so obvious that he had to be the Bus-Driver that we doubted everyone and everything... and in the end there was only one single townie left amongst all the different scum factions who had the same WinCon.
I still have no idea what we could have done. ^_^
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

RC is a masterful scum player. He fools town all the time.

2nd that nom
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Wait, did they Janitorize Randomidget?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:36 am

Post by shos »

Yes, they did.
3rd that nom.
It was wonderful to see and play with. even on the final day I was sure I was losing ( I was scumbag ) and then I couldn't believe my eyes when he was scum.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I should nom RC for the game where he was accused of scum day 1, double bussed his buddies and got a cop clear lynchhed in lylo for the win. That's another good scum game from RC.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 540, Aneninen wrote:Nominating
RadiantCowbells
as
Best Scum
for this game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64284

Here's the short story. It was a Role Madness game. There was a Mass-claim (at least categories) on Day1, we lynched Mafia. RadiantCowbells claimed Bodyguard. At Night1 Mafia Nightkilled Randomidget who was a Bus-Driver. They buried him and from that point RadiantCowbells "impersonated" Randomidget: he told he was the Bus-Driver... and noone ever questioned him.
From that point the whole game turned into a guessing-madness. Everyone set up theories about all the events, roles, alignments – the same happened in the Death Thread too –, but noone got even close to the answer.
It was so obvious that he had to be the Bus-Driver that we doubted everyone and everything... and in the end there was only one single townie left amongst all the different scum factions who had the same WinCon.
I still have no idea what we could have done. ^_^

Can I Nth this even though RC was on my team?

lol there was no way RC was getting lynched in this game.
I mean mostly because Randommidget was pretending to be Veteran.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Porochaz »

I realise he didn't win, but I think that was due to a panicked last minute vote and shouldn't count against him, as Im sure many of the players will attest to, so I am nominating him anyway, scot did not put a foot wrong in my last game, he killed well and managed to shine as a beacon of towniness as scum were decimated and town argued between each other.

Nominate Scot for Best SK in Prozac's Basic Theme 4 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63662
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 546, Porochaz wrote:I realise he didn't win, but I think that was due to a panicked last minute vote and shouldn't count against him, as Im sure many of the players will attest to, so I am nominating him anyway, scot did not put a foot wrong in my last game, he killed well and managed to shine as a beacon of towniness as scum were decimated and town argued between each other.

Nominate Scot for Best SK in Prozac's Basic Theme 4 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63662

As said panicked last minute voter I'd like to second this nom

He deserved the win but for some reason some part of my brain decided that in a 3p lylo that obviously had a mafia and an SK in it the best move was obviously to lynch someone. He deserved the win by play, by a good mile.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:19 am

Post by pirate mollie »

3rd
whew!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx