Newbie 476: Slow, slow, slow, then FAST and over. Damn.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Post by Holy »

First game... :mrgreen:
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:01 am

Post by Holy »

While I'm here, I decide to post something to be a little active (and not be dead), although I still don't know where to point my finger at this moment, but I'm sure I'll have my suspect sooner or later...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Holy »

@ Sir Tornado > Happy birthday! :mrgreen:

Actually when I read everyone posts, it make sense if you all are innocents, but we knew it isn't, there are 2 mafia to find.
So I re-read again, and I found that I feel kinda strange about stephy_nz votes, at first I try to ignore my feeling, because she might be just a newbie townie like Korlash said, but then again, I am too a newbie and I prefer try to lynch a suspect and hope it hit the mafia than vote for 'no lynch'. So I try to think from mafia perspective...as stephy, it could be that She votes 'no lynch' trying to be like an uninformative and careful townie, but actually it doesn't matter for her who lynched at day 1 as long as it is a townie because as a mafia She can murder when the night comes.

Well, then again, I might be wrong. But I've got my FOS at stephy_nz for now..
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by Holy »

O my~ I'm laughing here...

Actually maybe Korlash should try it physically with a real 7 balls/straws/anything with 2 colours, a box, a blindfold, a paper and a pencil. Plus 1 two-sided coin if He still insist... :wink:

But I'll drop this matter...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Holy »

Actually I'm waiting for post from stephy_nz and havok95 too... Especially from stephy_nz, because my FOS is still at her right now, and I want to know more about her thoughts before I decide my vote.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Holy »

Well havok95, because my suspect doesn't post, what can I say... Saying imaginary things...? Nahh..

I still put other players in Town column for now (so, what can I say..., accuse Them for looks like Town...? errr...), except for Mith, I can't find any clue which side is He might be at all...

Maybe I should re-read..., there's something I missed maybe...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:31 am

Post by Holy »

havok95 wrote:
Holy wrote:Well havok95, because my suspect doesn't post, what can I say
Scum hunt. There are two scum; find the other one or try to convince us of why you think stephy is scum (by the way, you shouldn't think she is scum, because it's WIFOM)
Why I shouldn't suspect Her? That's my opinion, my free rights to suspect someone...
Okay I'll try to give longer explanation of my opinion... This is MAFIA game, in this game we try to find who is the mafia, every little suspicion might lead us to the mafia, even if we end up wrong and lynch a townie, we can learn the progress till why the hell that could happen (BTW, Her example is if we lynch a townie in day 1 --> Why is her example is a townie, I'd like to think we can get a mafia in day 1 --> maybe it's just my positive thinking here...)

And really, beside stephy_nz's lack of post, mith also not contributing about his opinion that much either, he still at FOS stage at the moment.
Mainly his posts are explanations about technical issue of the game, I'll list them:
1. about random votes
2. about No Lynch and the consequences
3. demonstrating how to get responses without a vote
4. about dice roll vote and random votes
5. about town/mafia roles probability
6. about gut issue
:lol: Sorry mith, I'm joking... :lol:
Well, I'll wait till you get back from Brighton, I want to know more about your thoughts of your suspects too...(whoever is that atm)
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by Holy »

havok95 wrote:
Holy wrote:Okay I'll try to give longer explanation of my opinion... This is MAFIA game, in this game we try to find who is the mafia, every little suspicion might lead us to the mafia, even if we end up wrong and lynch a townie, we can learn the progress till why the hell that could happen (BTW, Her example is if we lynch a townie in day 1 --> Why is her example is a townie, I'd like to think we can get a mafia in day 1 --> maybe it's just my positive thinking here...)
The only reason you have given for suspecting her is that you think what she's doing is something a mafioso would do. THAT IS WIFOM. That is why you shouldn't really suspect her.
havok95 wrote:Oh, and the only way to offend me is to keep making awful puns. Seriously, that could get you lynched.
I think she's doing something a mafioso would do, and that's why I shouldn't really suspect her... Really I'm a little confuse here...
And I understand your meaning about WIFOM, I've read them. But I thought WIFOM although confusing true/false results, might end up correct... :?:

Anyway if you're really going to lynch someone just because you can't accept the puns, well... this is worse than the WIFOM thing...

I'm still waiting more words from mith here...

Overall for right now: Korlash, jmar, Sir Tornado, havok95 posts are still acceptable for me (their reasons and their answers). Accept for havok95's last post about will lynching someone for their bad puns... IGMEOY for this.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Holy »

Sorry I mean *Except not Accept (correcting last post)
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:Holy, I gave my "list" (as far as I have one right now) two posts ago. However, I'll update it now with the new developments.
Your two posts ago...? post #59...? And thank you for your new developments post, that's what I meant about more words of your opinion (in this case post #59?).
Actually
what I want to confirm is where were you right now, and can I see that your FOS still unchanged and you add one more i.e. me.

I have a question for mith: If I'm not asking a bit too much for more explanation about 'Newbie 476' players from you, would I stay at your 'Not so much' list?
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Holy »

Edit last post: *"and I can see..." not "can I see..."

But it could be read both ways if you want to...(still have same essence).
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote:Correct me if I misinterpreted this, but did Holy just ask if doing something would get her off Mith's scum list? I think I read that right. Could be wrong. If so that sounds a little scummy to me... just something that caught my eye. Thoughts? Explanations?
Korlash wrote:And I really can't seem to make sense of what Holy just asked... something about if she hadn't been asking for more info would she have stayed on the not so much list...
jmar and Korlash, Nope! What I want to know is, is He FOS me because of my asking for more of his developed thoughts or because of my lately posts in answering to havok95 about my FOS on stephy_nz? (Actually, where is She actually, sigh...). Or even because of any different reasons at all, that's what I want to know...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:Yeah, Holy, I got what you were saying, but the way you worded it was pretty scummy. If you want to ask "Why are you FOSing me??", ask "Why are you FOSing me??". The way you worded it suggests you are more concerned with staying on my good side.
Hm, that's the way I'm asking, what can I say... I'm a person that when I read someone words and I understand/can accept it, It's okay for me no matter how the way they sound it (vice versa with my words). And about that concerned thing, nope, that's not how I play.
mith wrote:(Also, I didn't FOS you - I put you at the top of my list. Personal preference, but I tend to reserve the FOS for specific scummy things, or to get a reaction. Being at the top of my list is a bit more serious; unless for some reason I'm not voting - like here, as I wanted to reread - I will almost always be voting for whoever is at the top of my list. Watch:
Vote: Holy
.)
Hmm, FOS stands for Finger of Suspicion, and I'm at your Suspects list atm, I thought that's just the same here... Well s-o-r-r-y for my miss interpretation then... Just change that FOS word with 'suspects' then, then read over...
mith wrote:1. You started off the game not posting much of substance, aside from your FOS on stephy_nz.
2. When I called you in this, you claimed to be waiting on stephy_nz and havok95 as well (even though there was plenty else to talk about).
3. When questioned about stephy_nz by havok95, you gave them impression of not actually caring whether she's scum or not.
4. You then tried to compare your posting history to mine (?) and said you were waiting for more from me - fair enough on that last bit, but this seems like an attempt to shift focus to me or even buddy up to me (with the joking)... I can't even tell which, but it bothers me either way.
As I mention before, I've read everyone posts, and at that time, their words is still acceptable for me (except one at that time), and about point #3: true, I want to gave that impression, there's a probability she might be...so.., but I'll leave it for now, because the person is not even here.
For point #4: true it was an attempt to shift focus to you, you have scum probability too, I want everyone doesn't forget about this probability.
Please note this, I'm not trying to shifting anyone to think that someone is scum, I'll
test
everyone equally if necessary, and if you notice my first start is stephy (I still think her word suspicious) but because no further explanation from her, my start became like point #1 mith saying, not much of substance. Actually I don't want to inform you this, but: okay, my 2nd test was on havok95(still no reply, and his WIFOM thing for words from some players a bit doesn't make sense for me, just a bit suspicion for now...), my 3rd test is on you, mith.
For others, patient..., you're still on my queue... :wink:
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Holy »

Oh, havok95 has reply. I got to go for now..., I'll read more later.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Holy »

@mith: sorry about that point 3, I'm scan read, after I re-read, I realize I read that wrong.
I've just read the WIFOM thread (link you gave us), my head hurts... lol
I'm tired right now, I'll post tomorrow.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by Holy »

I was scan read at that time, I interpret it to: why everyone just simply assume (not actually caring) and thinking she's a townie, while theres a probability she doesn't -> because for me her words until now, still kinda bugged me..
While actually mith is saying:
mith wrote:3. When questioned about stephy_nz by havok95, you gave them impression of not actually caring whether she's scum or not.
No, I still care mith, but I just don't have any clue... While from havok95 answer, I got the impression he's a bit too confused with this WIFOM thing, because now I do too (after reading the WIFOM thread).
jmar wrote:Holy what you're doing screams scum to me... you've been making lots of mistakes.
Care to point my mistakes, jmar? :wink:
Korlash wrote:Aww I want a turn to be tested... I hope its multiple choice cause I suck at fill in the blank and essay! XD
I suck at essay too.., lol.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Holy »

@Korlash: post #105 is because speed posting. Overall>My grammar IS sucks... :oops:
I don't ask for anyone to "please correct me", because I'm afraid it will consume too many pages for that, instead for the game itself, lol.
I'm at South East Asia.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Holy »

And from South East Asia.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Holy »

Ok, Korlash and mith, I've noted (actually) about this 'how to saying things' but I can't promise anything >.>
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote:Well there's the thing that everybody pointed out, already, where she said she wanted to know if doing something would get her off Mith's good side. Then she said that she didn't care if stephy was scum or not. Whenever Mith posts anything about her, she starts either agreeing with him or saying "sorry." Now she says she read point 3 wrong. I agree with you Korlash, some mistakes are definitely forgiveable, and I'm not ready to vote for her yet. I also agree that you shouldn't persecute someone for bad grammar, but at the same time it shouldn't give them a free pass.
You rephrase it jmar..., it looks bad now...
I'll re-explain:
I didn't wanted to ask about if doing or not doing something I could
get off
(don't you mean:
stay
?) his "good?" side. I was asking that way because I wanted to know whether he put me at 'suspect' list just because my nagging question (hmm, damn, it is sounds scummy a bit) for his wider review or
else
... and if it because of something else, I really wanted to know because of what. That's all.
O yeah, that 4 points at post #96, I took that as his reason to put me at his 'suspect list' and why he voted me. So far, his answer is
okay
for me...
O well, I have explained twice now, but w/e...

About that point 3, I really did read it wrong, I was scan read. It's up to you want to believe it or not. I'm telling the truth though...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 am

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote: But this is exactly my point, you wanted to know why you were on his suspect list. For me, that's a little scummy. If Mith says something, defend yourself, but you shouldn't be concerned with staying on or getting off the suspect list- if you're town, you've got nothing to hide. That being said, I'm still not completely sold on anybodys scuminess as of yet.
jmar wrote: @ mith: I guess I worded that weird. I don't mean to say Holy shouldn't ask why she was on your list, but that's not what she did. She asked if changing her behavior would take her off your list, and to me, caring that much about being on someones list is scummy.

That being said, havok is the one who's tripped my scumdar the most. He came in, made a lot of pointless accusations, and then went back to lurking. So I'm comfortable with
Vote: havok95
. Then again, I'm still not ready to lynch so it's more to generated discussion than anything else. Sir Tornado is also suspicious to me because he's been active in other games I'm playing with him, and he's barely posted in this. So,
FOS: Sir Tornado
lionden_56 wrote: Using that as a segue, turning to Holy, I do find it terribly interesting the way you asked if changing your behavior would get you off of someone's watch list. However, I honestly don't think a mafia member would be that blatant about it. I mean, look at how everyone jumped on her...even a newbie mafia member should have been able to see that coming.
Holy wrote: jmar and Korlash, Nope! What I want to know is, is He FOS me because of my asking for more of his developed thoughts or because of my lately posts in answering to havok95 about my FOS on stephy_nz? (Actually, where is She actually, sigh...). Or even because of any different reasons at all, that's what I want to know...
Holy wrote: You rephrase it jmar..., it looks bad now...
I'll re-explain:
I didn't wanted to ask about if doing or not doing something I could get off (don't you mean: stay?) his "good?" side. I was asking that way because I wanted to know whether he put me at 'suspect' list just because my nagging question (hmm, damn, it is sounds scummy a bit) for his wider review or else... and if it because of something else, I really wanted to know because of what. That's all.
O yeah, that 4 points at post #96, I took that as his reason to put me at his 'suspect list' and why he voted me. So far, his answer is okay for me...
O well, I have explained twice now, but w/e...
@ jmar & lionden_56, I'm not concerned about> how to get off someone's watch list or if changing my behaviour would get me off his list at all, I've already explained what I actually meant twice. Is it still that confusing? Well, I'll answer once again...
I didn't asked about what should I do so I can get off someone's watch list, what I asked (if simplified) was
why/what his reason to put me on that list
, my purpose was to measure how the way he'll answer it.

Hmmm, I need to re-read...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Holy »

My
temporary summary:

Korlash: Refreshing and good posts (feels so townie, if he's scum, well.. he's good!)
mith: Good posts and a good beacon (still could be either townie or scum)
jmar: Good posts or acceptable tackles (still could be either townie or scum)
Sir Tornado: Neutral posts (maybe townie) ~blank
havok95: Confusing WIFOM posts (could be either townie or scum)
lionden_56: Still not much post atm to assume anything (still might be scum) ~blank

Not so helpful list, sigh...

O yeah,
Sir Tornado wrote:Yes, I tend to do that. I usually post in quite a bit in short time and disappear for a while till I get inspired again.
Why do you need an inspiration just to post something, Sir Tornado?
(please, pardon my little confusion :) )
You see, even 'this' post, written with nothing that could be any contribution at all, but still posted by me, sighing again...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:That was a terribly vague list, Holy. And my scumdar doesn't like it.
I know, I also thought it was a very terrible list. That was only the summary, if you really interested with the details, well okay, but I think when everybody knew about the reasons behind it, they'll laugh... lol.

This is my first play and first round with everyone, so I still don't know much about how they play, and can I trust their words or not. My main problem is, some player when play can tell lies like it was the truth, I'm not saying about a good play, I really mean about lies, and I usually bad recognizing a good lie.

So, my reasons behind that summary:
Sir Tornado wrote:And, no I am not scum (but my answer would have remained the same here even if I were scum...)
I trust this kind of word, especially how he worded it, IMHO if he is mafia, he will worded the 'I am not scum' with different way. But then again I don't know what kind of player is he.
Korlash wrote:So I'm going to remain voteless and see where the discussion gets us. But if I had to vote I would throw it on Sir Torn or Mith... I'm sure that will change by the time I actually vote though..
I don't think that a mafia would tell that blatantly who his 'suspects' was that early. And I believe who he told us that time were based from his guts, but if he a mafia who told us who would he vote that early without describing any reason, then he was a careless mafia. While my impression on him was he's not that careless.
jmar wrote:See, Mith is probably town. Just from sheer mathematical odds he's probably town. (5 town, 2 scum).
jmar wrote:Of course theres still the huge possibility that Mith is scum, in which case were probably all screwed.
I take this as 'might be' a townie confusion...
Overall, he is actively asking when he finds something is suspicious, and had acceptable answers when other players asking/suspicion him.
havok95 wrote:Scum hunt. There are two scum; find the other one or try to convince us of why you think stephy is scum (by the way, you shouldn't think she is scum, because it's WIFOM)
At first, I thought... what the hell... everything was WIFOM for him, while I think it was not...!
And now, I think, his WIFOM thoughts (at post #65 for example) is fair and come from an uninformative townie perspective.
Experiencing from my confusing WIFOM-like summary post before this...
mith wrote:Beacon of innocent goodness and love

mith
While overall his posts had no flaw..., I just don't like how the way he called himself. Bad reason, yeah...but I just didn't like it...

While for lionden_56, because he just recently replacing stephy_nz, I still don't have anything to say about him atm.
But because before the replacement I actually suspect stephy_nz, so silently IGMEOY :?

Okay, I guess that's from least scummy to mostly scummy... :?
Still could change though... sigh...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Holy »

About mith: yeah that's why I said> bad reason. Can not decide if it was a real joke or...

@Korlash: my posts really that bad? Awww, so I should open my english book again... ugh...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Holy »

I don't know... I understood what jmar means about that mith and stephy thing or mith as resource thing, what I don't understand why should havok baiting jmar with something he already explained from one to another, again...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:16 am

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:What bothers me about Holy's post 138 is the inconsistency. She lists me and jmar as having "good posts", while she says havok has "confusing WIFOM posts"... yet says the same thing about all three of us with regards to alignment ("could be either townie or scum"). She goes with "neutral posts" for Sir Tornado and "not much post atm to assume anything" for lionden_56... yet goes "maybe townie" for the former and "still might be scum" for the latter.

I just get the impression from her that she's not really trying to catch scum.
I said you and jmar have "good posts", and I think I said that to Korlash too, because when I read posts from all three of you I can understand your reason when asking or explaining something, and I didn't see anything wrong or so scummy about the explanation, that's why I haven't vote yet.

About confusing posts/answers from havok, I still do feel that way a bit, but after I put aside my rage, I try not to judge him too early and try to think from other perspective.

I don't know why you got that impression. I do try, w/e.
mith wrote:Regarding Sir Tornado - Does no one else find it curious that her reasoning here is that she feels like his
wording
is trustworthy? She's been consistently playing the ESL card, yet in spite of the fact that she doesn't know what sort of player he is and has concerns about her own wording coming off wrong, she considers herself capable of judging another player on this basis alone?
What is ESL card?
I don't think I'm that capable to judge another player just from that "not scum" word, that's why I try to start poke Sir Tornado, asking him with little question first.

Regarding Korlash - why should his gut just because of IC status, this is a mafia game, I thought IC and probable mafia status, that's what he feared i guess. Did you think his gut for IC and maybe townie? You want to lynch townie???
Anyway, Korlash, maybe you could explain a little more about this?

And because I didn't think I'm a person capable to judge that well (I try to think from other perspective too when I read posts), that's why the list from post 138 still -mafia or townie- confusing alignment at that time. Still a raw list.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:58 am

Post by Holy »

I re-read havok's posts over and over again (because his posts kind of 'twined' for me), and the impression I got is not getting better.
And fyi, I put my
FOS on havok95
because of that baiting thing.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:Holy, you kinda glossed over the whole "inconsistency" thing there. Try again.
havok95 wrote:Top three scummiest...that's gonna be hard. I do have a problem with Holy's inconsistency and lack of scum-hunting as pointed out by Mith. I would not be surprised if jmar, Sir_Tornado or mith were outed as scum; I would be if Korlash was. As for lionsden, I haven't seen much but that just means that he hasn't had any errors in logic that I have noticed.
I only could say my "inconsistency" came from my uninformative townie role (you can believe it or not), I'm trying my best to figure out who the mafia, anyhow I already explained more from that 'somewhat vague' list (#138) at: post #152.
And right now that list has changed, havok moved to top list, because of his baiting thing.

@mith: And I'm not that concerned about my wording, I'm just teasing if what you meant such as post #159 to Korlash (ESL thing).

I'll put my vote soon, after lionden post his top suspects too (and I believe I'm one of his suspect, I guess).
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:36 am

Post by Holy »

lionden_56 wrote:
Holy wrote: I'll put my vote soon, after lionden post his top suspects too .
Do you even read the posts in this thread? Look at the post two above yours...
O god! I PHAIL! I scan read again, w/e I won't explain some read error, but I scan read that HALF RIGHT (please don't discuss about this).

Although you did write who your suspects, you DIDN'T say why, even if your reason is an agreement with someone that your suspects looks scummy, I want to know which reason is that for every suspects you have. Thank you.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Holy »

FOS: lionden_56
for having suspects without
his own
well explained reasons.
I just have an impression he's following others for his reasons. You still have time to clear this in my eyes, lionden...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Holy »

FOS: lionden_56
for having suspects without
his own
well explained reasons.
I just have an impression he's following others for his reasons. You still have time to clear this in my eyes, lionden...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Holy »

sorry for the double posts
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Holy »

LOL, indeed...it was quadruple XD
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Holy »

lionden_56 wrote:Holy, bandwagon much?

Korlash says he'd like to hear more from me and then bam...you FOS me. Sounds like exactly the same thing you just accused me of doing.
OMG, even before when Korlash mention that, I already want to hear more from you, the fact that he coincidentally ask that too from you, is because the FACT is that until now you still don't contribute much...
And didn't you read why I FOS you??? I put
my own
explanation there!
jmar wrote:
Holy wrote: w/e I won't explain some read error, but I scan read that HALF RIGHT (please don't discuss about this).
This caught my eye. Why don't you want us to discuss it? Seems a little sketchy to tell people what or what not to discuss, especially when it comes to you.
And you still want to discuss about my HALF wrong scan read, well OK!
When I read the post that lionden mentioned, I read that as:
For that time, he's giving his suspect list and will give
more of his thoughts about it soon
That's why I said, I phail, I'll read more carefully next time.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Holy »

Holy wrote:
mith wrote:What bothers me about Holy's post 138 is the inconsistency. She lists me and jmar as having "good posts", while she says havok has "confusing WIFOM posts"... yet says the same thing about all three of us with regards to alignment ("could be either townie or scum"). She goes with "neutral posts" for Sir Tornado and "not much post atm to assume anything" for lionden_56... yet goes "maybe townie" for the former and "still might be scum" for the latter.

I just get the impression from her that she's not really trying to catch scum.
I said you and jmar have "good posts", and I think I said that to Korlash too, because when I read posts from all three of you I can understand your reason when asking or explaining something, and I didn't see anything wrong or so scummy about the explanation, that's why I haven't vote yet.

About confusing posts/answers from havok, I still do feel that way a bit, but after I put aside my rage, I try not to judge him too early and try to think from other perspective.
And because I didn't think I'm a person capable to judge that well (I try to think from other perspective too when I read posts), that's why the list from post 138 still -mafia or townie- confusing alignment at that time. Still a raw list.
You meant this one^ right?

I'll explain once more...
mith wrote:What bothers me about Holy's post 138 is the inconsistency.
... yet says the same thing about all three of us with regards to alignment
At that time
my thought;
- for mith: there's lines from you that bothers me, sounds a bit scummy for me, so maybe you're scum. But other than that, I could not find anything unacceptable for me, so I could be wrong, you could be townie...not the scum. I'll watch you more. >>>that's where the inconsistency came from.
- for jmar: he actively asking others, and every time another player asked him, his answers are acceptable for me, feels townie. But, OMG what if my feeling wrong, and that he just good at this thing. >>>that's where the confusion came from.
- for havok: his WIFOM thing still doesn't make sense for me, but maybe that just his way to find a way to open discussion, feels like confused townie at the same time might be just a scum trying to frame others. >>>that's where the confusion came from.

Still confuse? I don't know what to tell anymore...
I've tried explaining this as good as I could.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Holy »

What I meant with "please don't discuss this" is: please don't discuss about what actually I thought I read at that time because the
essence
is not that far from the actual text, that's all, yet...we still discussing it ;.;
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Holy »

lionden_56 wrote:
Holy wrote:What I meant with "please don't discuss this" is: please don't discuss about what actually I thought I read at that time because the
essence
is not that far from the actual text, that's all, yet...we still discussing it ;.;
I really, really don't like this. What you think you read and what you actually read
are very different, and those differences are vitally important to a game such as this.

Because of that
Vote: Holy
You thought that things "very different" is okay. But you really didn't got the essence aren't you? The essence is, I want to know what reasons you found scummy about your suspects.
And you voted me because you "really, really don't like" about this, that's your reason!?
I found mith's reason for voting me more make sense...

That's it! His not deep enough reason for voting me and because until now he's still not really answering my request for more of his thoughts, instead retaliate back with his dissatisfaction for what I said "rawly" although I had explained about it, I'll
Vote: lionden_56
. This is not an OMGUS Vote, enough is just enough... Instead answering my request nicely you are retaliating, I found that scummy, that's the reason I voted you.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:05 am

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote:Mith says Holy's not voting... Holy votes next post... curious. Seems a bit like appeasement to me.
Oh, please... It's just a coincidence, I prefer not voting if I don't find quite enough scummy-ness emanated.
lionden_56 wrote:If you would take 30 seconds to read what I wrote directly after I said I really, really don't like it, you would have found the reason. I even italicized it for you.
Holy wrote:And you voted me because you "really, really don't like" about this, that's your reason!?
I found mith's reason for voting me more make sense...
I've read your reason for voting me, but even before this is happen, you already FOS me for whatever reason was that (at that time maybe you're just following mith's reason, and didn't analyze it by yourself).

w/e, I've found enough scummy-ness from you to finally placed my vote.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote:Also, I don't think that's reaching at all on Holy, especially combined with my earlier suspicion when Holy asked Mith how to get off his scum list. If Mith asks Holy to do something, she seems to comply immediately, as if she's afraid of him suspecting her.
You kind of reaching jmar, I already explained that I NEVER asked Mith how to get off his scum list (I just wanted to know why he put me on that list) --> I'll take this as your beliefs that I am your scum.
And I just realized, when everybody posting almost at a same time, my posts have about 12 hours differences. It's just a coincidence for god sake...

Right... I'm afraid he's suspecting me??!! He ALREADY suspecting me, even he voted me, didn't you see?
Even I ignored him when he asked that everyone should have a vote because of the deadline, at that time I still don't have enough scummy-ness from my suspects, I still wanted some more feedback before I actually decide my vote.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Holy »

Oh god, my grammar is awful... >.>
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Holy »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Holy wrote: Oh, please... It's just a coincidence, I prefer not voting if I don't find quite enough scummy-ness emanated.
However, I do not believe this completely.
I'll take that as... you found me as your top suspect.

Okay, while mith, jmar, lionden_56, Sir Tornado at the moment feel me as their suspect, I still found my suspect lionden_56 is under everyone radar for his too relaxed behaviour to analyze any post from other players.

Oh, and I bet, after havok_95's reread, I might be his suspect too.
About Korlash, it's so unlucky for you to understand some of my thoughts because almost everyone thought that I am scummy, that makes them suspect you as other scum.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Holy »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Holy wrote: I'll take that as... you found me as your top suspect.
Not necessarily. I don't think your voting lionden right after mith commented you weren't voting was a "coincidence" as you said it was.
I want to make clear about this, right after mith commented and then I'm voting >>> It seems, like I vote because of his comment. Actually is NOT AT ALL, I'm placing my vote because I've found my scum to vote (and I'm aware of the deadline) and coincidentally it was after that comment from mith.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Holy »

lionden_56 wrote:Quick, someone do something suspicious so we can bandwagon you... :-p
This unnecessary comment only make me feel more firmed with my vote.

A good townie, always demand more discussion for his/her sureness of someone scummy-ness, but lionden_56 showed a way too eager lynch, he seems doesn't care at all if you might be lynching an innocent townie. He really not actually put an effort in finding scum.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #43) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Holy »

lionden_56 wrote:The "essence" of it wasn't that different? Mafia is played as a game of absolutes. If you quote something out of context, you're instantly pegged as scummy. So how does completely mis-stating something and then saying "well, the 'essence' was close enough" somehow get around that? Especially after saying "oh, please don't talk about my misquotation."

If just feels like she's trying to hide.
The essence is> I've read that you're stating your suspects. What I thought you're also saying is, you would give more thoughts about it soon.
Is that so hard to understand my failure??? You just want to make this become more complicated...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by Holy »

lionden_56 wrote:no one can take a joke anymore...
Hehehe, it's because of the deadline... :p
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Holy »

Korlash wrote:Lionden I have to ask you, do you have more reasons or is it mainly that one quote? If so can you at least post a few of your other reasons. I would appreciate being able to take this with other things you have seen so I can better see your point.
@Korlash: It seems sometimes you could wording it better than me, I already ask and ask to him over and over again for that^ - I just feel something doesn't right about him, he already FOS me before that one quote case with not really clear reasons, he just said he didn't bought it (if I'm not mistake).

Oh, my chatting here to you, I hope that won't drag you along with me.
Korlash wrote:All this talk about appeasement really makes me want to try and come up with a likely candidate come deadline... just so you guys are happy... ><'
I believe you won't do that just to make someone happy... If you do that, it means at least you feel that person is your best bet, even if it was me.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 am

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:Right. Holy.

My problem with your post (138) is
not
that you're unsure. That's just a fact of Mafia.

My problem is the
inconsistency
(I'll emphasize that word again, because it's the key one) between your
reasons
and your
impressions of alignment
. Either on their own would be fine - there's nothing wrong with saying "Well, him I find more scummy, him and him I find more townie, and these three could be either", and there's nothing wrong with saying "Well, you lot have made good posts, you lot have made neutral or not-very-many posts, and you're a confusing WIFOM fiend" - but together, in your post, the two just don't add up.
Don't add up then. Inconsistency => Unsureness => it's an OR.
:lol: I'm sorry mith...^^^ :twisted:

Where's jmar's hammer...
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Holy »

LOL, I really fooled by Korlash's fake hint of cop, though.
Nice effort jmar, you've done a good job/analyzes although we loose. I learned a lot from this game ^.^
Thank you to mith too, for his advices through the game, well at least through the day 1 :p

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”