Newbie 476: Slow, slow, slow, then FAST and over. Damn.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Holy »

Oh, havok95 has reply. I got to go for now..., I'll read more later.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by Korlash »

Aww I want a turn to be tested... I hope its multiple choice cause I suck at fill in the blank and essay! XD

And I think I'm way to tired tonight cause all I can do when reading posts is blink a lot and try not to fall over backwards... so... I'll see where I stand tomorrow... ha... stand... ahhh.... man I really am tired...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
havok95
havok95
Townie
havok95
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by havok95 »

MOD: can we get a prod on stephy_nz? She hasn't posted in a while and it's starting to affect the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:35 am

Post by mith »

I'll second that emotion. Or something.

havok95 - If Holy is town, obviously she is going to operate under that "assumption" for her own suspicions. It would be a (very weak and stupid) WIFOM argument for her to suggest that she
must
be town because she wants to lynch, but that's not what she did. There's nothing wrong with her finding stephy_nz's stance suspicious.

I should point out though that the thing that bothered me about your comment was not your invokation of WIFOM, but that you said "you shouldn't think she is scum".

Holy, the way you word things may not matter to you, but it matters to me. Wording can indicate motivation, which in turn indicates alignment.

You agree with number 3? You
wanted
to give the impression that you don't care whether she's scum?

I understand what you're saying about the "testing" thing - I push and poke and prod players to get reactions all the time. But once again, your wording here bothers me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:14 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

Sir Tornado
(1):
jmar

No Lynch
(1):
stephy_nz

Holy
(1):
mith

not voting
(4):
havok95, Holy, Korlash, Sir Tornado

Still need four.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

stephy_nz has been prodded.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Holy »

@mith: sorry about that point 3, I'm scan read, after I re-read, I realize I read that wrong.
I've just read the WIFOM thread (link you gave us), my head hurts... lol
I'm tired right now, I'll post tomorrow.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by jmar »

Holy what you're doing screams scum to me... you've been making lots of mistakes. I'm still hesitant to vote though because I know you're new and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly. But, anyways
unvote: Sir Tornado
because I'm satisfied with him for now, though I'd like to see him post more.
FOS: Holy
. I'll probably summarize my thoughts on everyone tomorrow and maybe make a vote.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Korlash »

@ Holy... if it's not prying or anything where exactly are you from? (Country/Continent is fine...) Nothing personal I just want to know if your grammer mistakes are from speed posting or from bad translation...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by Holy »

I was scan read at that time, I interpret it to: why everyone just simply assume (not actually caring) and thinking she's a townie, while theres a probability she doesn't -> because for me her words until now, still kinda bugged me..
While actually mith is saying:
mith wrote:3. When questioned about stephy_nz by havok95, you gave them impression of not actually caring whether she's scum or not.
No, I still care mith, but I just don't have any clue... While from havok95 answer, I got the impression he's a bit too confused with this WIFOM thing, because now I do too (after reading the WIFOM thread).
jmar wrote:Holy what you're doing screams scum to me... you've been making lots of mistakes.
Care to point my mistakes, jmar? :wink:
Korlash wrote:Aww I want a turn to be tested... I hope its multiple choice cause I suck at fill in the blank and essay! XD
I suck at essay too.., lol.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Holy »

@Korlash: post #105 is because speed posting. Overall>My grammar IS sucks... :oops:
I don't ask for anyone to "please correct me", because I'm afraid it will consume too many pages for that, instead for the game itself, lol.
I'm at South East Asia.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Holy »

And from South East Asia.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by Korlash »

Man inactive players seem to make the game drag out with no direction for a while... Man someone do something scummy so we have soemthing to go on :P

As for jmar's statement.. I would like to see what he calls mistakes too... Being Newbie mafia... it's... I don't know... Expected for mistakes to happen... and bad grammer in no way should be used against a person to prove scumminess... As Mith said how you say something can mean everything... But if you say everything differently then others would you need to be given special circumstances...

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Holy »

Ok, Korlash and mith, I've noted (actually) about this 'how to saying things' but I can't promise anything >.>
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:47 am

Post by jmar »

Well there's the thing that everybody pointed out, already, where she said she wanted to know if doing something would get her off Mith's good side. Then she said that she didn't care if stephy was scum or not. Whenever Mith posts anything about her, she starts either agreeing with him or saying "sorry." Now she says she read point 3 wrong. I agree with you Korlash, some mistakes are definitely forgiveable, and I'm not ready to vote for her yet. I also agree that you shouldn't persecute someone for bad grammar, but at the same time it shouldn't give them a free pass.

On the other hand, Holy has some pro-town points... the whole idea of her testing each person seems townish to me, or it could be a very good scum play (I know I'll prolly be hit with WIFOM for this). So, IDK, I'm undecided, it's just lately Holy's been giving me a very scum vibe.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:10 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

jmar wrote:On the other hand, Holy has some pro-town points... the whole idea of her testing each person seems townish to me, or it could be a very good scum play (I know I'll prolly be hit with WIFOM for this)
I don't think it is WIFOM actually.
I'm back!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:21 am

Post by jmar »

Well, I posted similar things before and havok basically told me everything I said was WIFOM. Some people have broader definitions than others I guess- I'm personally of the opinion that what I said isn't really WIFOM, but I could see havok saying it is- this isn't an attack on havok, it's just what I said is similar to what he's called WIFOM so far in this game.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

We are having some sort of discussion as to what is really a WIFOM and what is not in some topic on Mafia Discussion forums here... check it out.
I'm back!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Korlash »

Can we kinda drop the WIFOM thing? In reality... all this discussion... gets us absolutely nowhere... Literally...

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:02 am

Post by mith »

I am super special awesome happy with my vote.

Or something.

(I desperately need to reread this game.)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Korlash »

Ehhh I think your time woul dbe better spent rereading an issue of US Weekly... Ohh... 10 ways to lose weight by 2021... awsome...

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote:Well there's the thing that everybody pointed out, already, where she said she wanted to know if doing something would get her off Mith's good side. Then she said that she didn't care if stephy was scum or not. Whenever Mith posts anything about her, she starts either agreeing with him or saying "sorry." Now she says she read point 3 wrong. I agree with you Korlash, some mistakes are definitely forgiveable, and I'm not ready to vote for her yet. I also agree that you shouldn't persecute someone for bad grammar, but at the same time it shouldn't give them a free pass.
You rephrase it jmar..., it looks bad now...
I'll re-explain:
I didn't wanted to ask about if doing or not doing something I could
get off
(don't you mean:
stay
?) his "good?" side. I was asking that way because I wanted to know whether he put me at 'suspect' list just because my nagging question (hmm, damn, it is sounds scummy a bit) for his wider review or
else
... and if it because of something else, I really wanted to know because of what. That's all.
O yeah, that 4 points at post #96, I took that as his reason to put me at his 'suspect list' and why he voted me. So far, his answer is
okay
for me...
O well, I have explained twice now, but w/e...

About that point 3, I really did read it wrong, I was scan read. It's up to you want to believe it or not. I'm telling the truth though...
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:27 am

Post by jmar »

"Get off" or "stay" is pretty much the same meaning because I left the "doing something" vague. You're either on or off her good side so doing something will keep you there or not doing something will take you off, and vice versa. (A little confusing I know.)

But this is exactly my point, you wanted to know why you were on his suspect list. For me, that's a little scummy. If Mith says something, defend yourself, but you shouldn't be concerned with staying on or getting off the suspect list- if you're town, you've got nothing to hide. That being said, I'm still not completely sold on anybodys scuminess as of yet.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Korlash »

"Get off" and "stay" are almost the exact opposite... if you want to "Get off" a list you want to no longer be on that list and if you want to "stay " on a list you do want to be on that list... so... WTF are you talking about?!?!?! o.O

And how the hell can you defend yourself if you don't know why you are on someone's suspect list? Your making a crap load of not-sense...

FoS: jmar

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:51 am

Post by mith »

I strongly disagree with part of that... If someone says I'm suspicious, I want to know why. Heck, if someone says *anyone* is suspicious, I want to know why - forcing scum to explain their suspicions is the best way to catch them being disingenuous or in an outright lie.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:52 am

Post by mith »

(That was at jmar, forgot to preview...)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”