Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Samruc »

Bookitty wrote:Faeren Lord of Carlisle is Mafia, and lying about protecting Nanosauromo. Since he is Mafia, it would be a simple matter just to target someone else. This doesn't work logically for me, though, because why would Mafia leave the cop alive to finger one of them? So I don't think this scenario works, unless Nanosauromo is also Mafia.
There is a mistake in your reasoning here. If FLOC is Mafia, he lied about being a doc all the time, and as such could not "target" anyone. This doesn't mean Nano would have been a safe NK for the mafia. On the contrary, if FLOC is mafia, there would have been a big risk that the real doc (if there is one, but the mafia wouldn't know) protected Nano. So FLOC = mafia, Nano = cop is quite possible.
Bookitty wrote:Assuming no false claims -- I'm not really ready to assume that yet though.
/../
FOS: YagamiLight and Samruc
, with a vote for one of the two likely to follow. (Barring further evidence I'm pretty sure they are both scum.)
First, you are not really ready to assume no false claims (not ready to believe the claims), but then suddenly you are pretty sure both me and Yagami are scum. That's a pretty big jump in two paragraphs...
Nanosauromo wrote:And what would the "real cop" gain from waiting to bust me? If the "real cop" even exists, me being alive makes it less likely that he will get doc protection. Furthermore, he'd be letting a known (to him) scum live. If there were a "real cop," he would have busted me long before now. I am the real cop.
Nano is right, if there were another cop in this game it would be really bad play not to counterclaim. The other options are that there is no cop at all, or Nano is telling the truth.

On a sidenote, (some setup-WIFOM, but I can't resist), there are already a big number of powerroles confirmed/semiconfirmed. If the setup consists of 2 Masons, one town roleblocker (FL) and a one-shot-vig, that's already a quite powerful town. A cop+doc pair combined with this seems improbable/ridiculously hard to balance. (Not sure what roles mafia could have; a godfather feels pretty standard, but that role requires a cop to be useful, which would imply Nano is telling the truth. This is pure guessing though.)

As a summary, I find FLOC's claim improbable and his play is still scummy. I think it's time we take care of him soon.
Vote: Faeren Lord Of Carlisle
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:09 am

Post by Bookitty »

Samruc wrote:There is a mistake in your reasoning here. If FLOC is Mafia, he lied about being a doc all the time, and as such could not "target" anyone. This doesn't mean Nano would have been a safe NK for the mafia. On the contrary, if FLOC is mafia, there would have been a big risk that the real doc (if there is one, but the mafia wouldn't know) protected Nano. So FLOC = mafia, Nano = cop is quite possible.
Actually, there's a flaw in your reasoning, not mine.
Mafia can target people as well as the doctor can. So FLoC as Mafia could direct their target elsewhere while pretending to protect the cop. And, if the real doctor protected Nano, then Mafia would NOT know that, and they would target him, as the only person who could definitively prove their guilt. There's NO logical reason for Mafia to leave a real cop alive at this point in the game.
Samruc wrote:First, you are not really ready to assume no false claims (not ready to believe the claims), but then suddenly you are pretty sure both me and Yagami are scum. That's a pretty big jump in two paragraphs...
I was waiting for Nano's results. I had expected that he would claim he'd investigated me and found me innocent (null tell, since I know I am and that would be the logical move for him, so I would have gotten no new information from it) or, if I was lucky, that he would claim to have investigated me and have found me guilty, because then I would know for sure he was scum. (And even if I were lynched on his word, he would have outed himself upon my death.)

Nano's claim that he investigated a pretty well confirmed Mason is highly suspect to me. And if FLoC is Mafia, then so is Nanosauramo, because I can't think of ANY reason at this point in the game for Mafia to protect the real cop. Can you? It's a highly risky and frankly quite stupid move for them. If Nano IS the real cop, they couldn't have known he would choose someone innocent and dead to investigate.

If you see a flaw in my logic, please explain it to me.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:41 am

Post by Samruc »

Bookitty wrote:There's NO logical reason for Mafia to leave a real cop alive at this point in the game.
Mafia don't make their kills unhindered, or even simply based on who is the biggest threat to them, it's also about not getting stopped by the doctor/role blockers etc.
Bookitty wrote:And, if the real doctor protected Nano, then Mafia would NOT know that
You are emphasizing the wrong word - a Mafia-FLOC would not KNOW if a "real doc" would protect Nano, but of course they would have to
take that into account

If Nano is a cop, then yes, it's risky to let him live, but it would be a disaster to scum at this point if their NK didn't go through. Scum have a lot of people to kill if they are going to win this game, and frankly, there would have been no chance for them to make us lynch Sim, thus the NK. (The funny thing is, with these confirmed townies floating around, I can keep on being a pain in the ass for FLOC, since he has more important targets to kill.)

I agree with you though, that the investigations so far are pretty unimpressive. Nano and FLOC are still unconfirmed, and we should remember to treat them as such.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

Samruc wrote:If Nano is a cop, then yes, it's risky to let him live, but it would be a disaster to scum at this point if their NK didn't go through. Scum have a lot of people to kill if they are going to win this game, and frankly, there would have been no chance for them to make us lynch Sim, thus the NK.
I think it would be more a disaster to scum to allow a real cop to live and to identify one of them. I don't see a reason for that, even given the possible presence of a "real doctor" hiding in the wings somewhere. It's too unlikely, at this point. It seems foolish to base your strategy on such a nebulous possibility.

The troubling thing is the second part of that statement: "there would have been no chance for them to make us lynch Sim, thus the NK." Thus... the Mason claim was believed, in your opinion. So Nano's choice of investigation seems even more odd, doesn't it? Inexplicably so?

And even more so given that in post 517 Nanosauramo asks
Nanosauramo wrote:Meanwhile, who does everyone think I should investigate tonight?
Setael answers in post 518
Setael wrote:I'd like to say "me" so I can be confirmed Town, but it'd be more helpful for you to hit a mafia, so I would suggest either Haschel or heatherlou since I think they're likely scum.
And with her later announcement of her role and who she was going to kill... heatherlou (me, now) is the remaining option...

So why ask a question if you intend to ignore the answer?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:06 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Setael wrote:Nano's choice of investigation is highly suspect. Simenon was confirmed mason by virtue of both he and his mason buddy claiming. There's no way 2 scum would endanger themselves by claiming mason like that. If one of them died, the other would go down too. It just defies understanding that you would investigate simenon... and makes me think you might be mafia and are lying to us. I also think you should've known that it was highly likely simenon would be the NK target, as the scum would expect the doc to protect you and sim had been more active than TCS. Another reason to NOT investigate simenon. So if this is the case, there is either no cop in this game, or there is a real cop who knows you are mafia and is waiting to figure out the third scum before busting you.

I suppose it is possible that you are some kind of cop/vig but if so I think you're a scum cop/vig.

Before this day ends, I'd like you to embed a code in one of your posts that says who you will be investigating. That way you can at least prove to us that you're not just picking the person who was NK'd as the person you "investigated."
Vote: Setael

I don't like this post at all. Investigating Simenon looks a stupid move in light of the nightkill (that nano presumably didn't know of), and because both masons claimed I wouldn't have done it were I cop. However, I don't think it's a scum tell. I just think it was a bad choice. I'm willing to give the uncountered cop another day.

Your "code" plan is ridiculous. If he's scum, he can nightkill whoever he says he plans to investigate. Or worse, scum can nightkill the person he plans to investigate, making that plan useless.

I didn't like your presence on the lynching wagon yesterday, and I don't like this plan you have now.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

samruc, you seem to be thinking as scum quite a lot here, and rather convincingly.
Yo.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Samruc »

Coming from you, I take that as a compliment...
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Nocmen »

Counting of the votes!

Faeren Lord of Carlisle - 1 (Samruc)
Setael - 1 (The Central Scrutinizer)

Not Voting - 5(Faeren Lord of Carlisle, Bookitty, Setael, Nanosauromo, YagamiLight)

7 alive, 4 to lynch!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Setael »

Bold is me.
nano wrote:
setael wrote:there is either no cop in this game, or there is a real cop who knows you are mafia and is waiting to figure out the third scum before busting you
And what would the "real cop" gain from waiting to bust me? If the "real cop" even exists, me being alive makes it less likely that he will get doc protection. Furthermore, he'd be letting a known (to him) scum live. If there were a "real cop," he would have busted me long before now. I am the real cop.

I totally disagree with your logic. Let's assume there is a real cop that has not yet claimed. They know that if they claim, they will have no way of proving to us that they are the real cop and they are therefore forcing the doc to choose between the 2 claimed cops. If he happens to choose wrong, the real cop could get NK'd. Also, if there is a real cop he may not believe FLOC's doc claim which would make him worry that there isn't a doc in this game at all - another reason to not claim. If he has been investigating and only getting innocent results on people, he might not claim just because his info isn't that helpful yet. If he hits on a mafia then he might claim in order to tell us but even so he will know we might not trust it until one of the cops is lynched, therefore proving the claim.

Setael wrote:I suppose it is possible that you are some kind of cop/vig but if so I think you're a scum cop/vig.
What would be the point of having a scum cop/vig? If anyone I investigated was going to die anyway, and I was scum, wouldn't that just make me an SK?

I don't know. Is it possible that there are only 2 scum and one cop who thinks he is Town but is really scum who is the only one who can make NKs? And whoever he targets to investigate dies. Or maybe the cop really is Town but as long as the cop investigates someone, that is the person that dies and it overrules scum's NK... and scum NKs only go through if the cop doesn't investigate someone. Maybe nocmen is more creative than you're giving him credit for. This is a very power role heavy game - there's likely something to offset things a little in the mafia's favor. Either that, or some of the power roles that have been claimed are actually scum. I recognize that you may very well just be a normal cop. I just don't understand why you would possibly have investigated Simenon, and I am therefore suspicious of you.

Setael wrote:Before this day ends, I'd like you to embed a code in one of your posts that says who you will be investigating. That way you can at least prove to us that you're not just picking the person who was NK'd as the person you "investigated."
You're asking me to breadcrumb? Fine, I have no problems with that. However, keep in mind that the scum may find and decipher the code before they send in their night choice.
I'm sure you could find a way to make it impossible for them to decipher it. Do a really complicated one. Give us a number sequence that in some way relates to letters in your posts but that would be impossible for scum to find out. Also, do it right before this day ends to give them less time to try. If you make it obvious enough for scum to figure out, I will be even more sure you are scum. There are plenty of things you can do that scum wouldn't be able to figure out, so do a good one. TCS brought up that if you are scum, you could just NK the person you breadcrumb you're going to investigate. My thought was if you breadcrumb Samruc for example, and then TCS ends up being the one NK'd and you tell us Samruc's alignment, I would be more inclined to believe you are the cop. If you just investigate the person who dies again, something fishy is going on.

"Real cop," if you're out there, go ahead and counterclaim. We'll see who turns up as scum first.
This sounded scummy. If they haven't claimed yet, there is a reason for it.
TCS wrote: Vote: Setael

I don't like this post at all. Investigating Simenon looks a stupid move in light of the nightkill (that nano presumably didn't know of), and because both masons claimed I wouldn't have done it were I cop. However, I don't think it's a scum tell. I just think it was a bad choice. I'm willing to give the uncountered cop another day.

Did I say I wanted to lynch him? No. Did I even vote for him? No. I do not think we should lynch him, but I think we should consider all the possibilities, including the fact that he might be scum.

Your "code" plan is ridiculous. If he's scum, he can nightkill whoever he says he plans to investigate. Or worse, scum can nightkill the person he plans to investigate, making that plan useless.
Covered this. He wouldn't give us the key to the code until after the next day dawns of course, so scum wouldn't know who he plans to investigate.

I didn't like your presence on the lynching wagon yesterday, and I don't like this plan you have now.

Wow. So... you think scum killed one of their own, then? How do you explain Haschel's death if I am scum?
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:10 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I agree with TCS about Setael's plan and Nanos, because I think I would investigate one of the Masons, because with both of them claimed no one looked twice at them except me (or so I thought). It is possible for both of you to have been scum TCS, and with you both agreeing, no one would have wanted to lynch the masons, and you could have made it fairly far had you been scum. About Setael's plan, that wouldn't help solve wether he is scum or not because like TCS said, the scum could find it if he were telling the truth, and NK the person, should he be scum, he only has to point it out to his scum mates, and they could decide if they want to let the person live (say he investigated one of them and came up innocent), or kill them and have another investigation on a dead town.
Also, Setael, it's called bussing. I won't be voting you for now, because you claimed vig, and proved your power, but I'm considering some of the options you brought up, and how power heavy the town seems, it is possible the scum have some other powers, like maybe an extra night kill (1-time use, otherwise I think it would have also benn used N1 if it were scum).
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

TCS wrote:Simenon looks a stupid move in light of the nightkill (that nano presumably didn't know of), and because both masons claimed I wouldn't have done it were I cop.
Think about it: If we have a claimed mason pair, and one of them turns up as town by investigation, then we pretty much have two confirmed townies. Good, yes?
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Setael »

Though I think they were confirmed before you ever investigated them by virtue of the fact that 2 scum wouldn't endanger themselves like that, I can see the good behind investigating a mason to be sure they're both telling the truth. However, I still think it's pointless when A) There's a good chance one of those masons are going to be NK'd so why not wait and let that be the way they are confirmed rather than wasting an investigation on it. B) It was narrowed down quite well as to who could be scum. A real cop would've been much more motivated to investigate either heatherlou, yagami or samruc. I even claimed my role and who I was going to night vig in order to narrow it down even further. You can understand my frustration when nano's choice for investigation made my claim pointless. Evidently it didn't even serve to prove that I'm the Town vig since TCS is voting me anyway, and he's our only truly confirmed Townie.
About Setael's plan, that wouldn't help solve wether he is scum or not because like TCS said, the scum could find it if he were telling the truth, and NK the person
I don't understand this mindset.

Here's a code: Hidden in it is one of your names. Try to figure it out. I promise you won't be able to until I give you the key.

24 14 68 61 34 12 46 92 63 42 13

In fact, in case any of you were going to bother trying to crack it, don't even waste your time because there's no way you'd figure it out this century and here's why: It's taken from Akbar's posts in the game Mafia vs. Wolves. You think any of the scum would've EVER figured that out? NOPE. The first number corresponds to the post and the second number corresponds to the letter. Only the first seven are needed. The rest are extras to camouflage.

P.S. After Yagami's last post, I'm pretty sure he's scum.

vote: Yagami
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Bookitty »

Based on the logic I've already outlined, I think that TCS is absolutely confirmed town. Setael virtually so. (I don't buy into the "bussing" thing, because there was no motive for Mafia to do so at that time, was there? And how would that give them two nightkills anyway? If they HAD two nightkills, why would they use one on themselves? That doesn't seem to be to their advantage.)

Nanosauramo is more likely than FLoC to be scum if only one of them is, but it's very possible neither is. (I am troubled by the neat coincidence of investigating two people in a row who happened to be NKed. It doesn't ring true to me. But I'm not willing to lynch an uncounterclaimed cop yet, nor an uncounterclaimed doctor either.)

If Nano is the cop, with a string of bad luck, then it's certainly true that FLoC has protected him since we can all see that Nano's not dead. (I don't really buy into the "unclaimed" doctor thing, because I think they would have claimed by now in order to identify FLoC as scum. If they hadn't, why would the Mafia assume there was another doctor?) And does anyone really think the Mafia would leave a real cop alive to ID them? So if Nano is town, I think we have to assume FLoC is town as well. The other possibility seems a little farfetched.

So... this leaves Yagami and Samruc as possible lynch targets, from my perspective. They may both be guilty. Only one might be, and that one scum partners with Nanosauramo. Or neither may be, and Nano and FLoC may be in it together.

If Nano had investigated me (which I STILL say any cop looking to catch scum, rather than to "confirm townies", would have done) then we would have had a definite result, thanks to Setael's proven (to me, at least) roleclaim. Like this:
  • 1. Nano investigates me and clears me. This leaves only Yagami and Samruc as possibles (due to the fact that if Nano is a cop, then FLoC must be a doctor protecting him, see my logic above), so we lynch one of them.
    • a. If the lynchee is scum, we have a comfortable margin and a pretty good bet that the other candidate is scum as well.

b. If the lynchee is innocent, we know that at least one of the claimers (cop or doctor) is lying, so I think we're safe to lynch the cop THEN (see my logic above as to why the cop MUST be lying if the doctor is).
    2. Nano investigates me and accuses me of being scum. Well, I know that's not true, but that wouldn't help me and I'd still be lynched. Nano would immediately follow me, for having given false information, so he CAN'T find a guilty on me. It's counterproductive.
If Yagami and Samruc are town, then the same logic would apply to them.

So if Nano is scum it makes perfect sense he would steer well clear of pretending to investigate me.

I still can't justify a vote for the claimed cop at this point. My vote will go to either Yagami or Samruc, because I can't justify voting for FLoC either (if Nano is a cop, I think FLoC MUST be a doc). I haven't decided yet between these two.

And while I approve of your idea in theory, Setael, I don't think it's going to work in practice, because I don't think Nano is willing to do it. It's not easy to set up something like that, I think, and since he would have the key, it would be easy to fake any result he wished. So I fear it would be inconclusive, anyway. I don't object to it, I just don't think it will do what you want.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by Samruc »

Bookitty wrote:If Nano is the cop, with a string of bad luck, then it's certainly true that FLoC has protected him since we can all see that Nano's not dead. (I don't really buy into the "unclaimed" doctor thing, because I think
they would have claimed by now in order to identify FLoC as scum.
If they hadn't,
why would the Mafia assume there was another doctor?
) And does anyone really think the Mafia would leave a real cop alive to ID them? So if Nano is town, I think we have to assume FLoC is town as well. The other possibility seems a little farfetched.
1. Counterclaiming as a doctor is, generally speaking, a very bad play. The whole point of town having a protecting role is that Mafia shouldn't know if you exist and who you are.

2. As long as no doctor is proven dead Mafia *have* to take a doctor's protection into account. Anything else would be madness. (A doctor is probably the most common pro-town role ever.)

Additional points:
3. Mafia are the only ones who know which claims are correct.
4. A doctor always protects an unclaimed cop

Suppose Nano is the real cop and FLOC is scum (which you are trying to rule out, but let's assume this is the case):

3 -> Mafia know that Nano is the cop, and want to kill him.
1 -> Mafia don't know if the doc exists.
2 -> Mafia have to take the doc into account.
4 -> Mafia know there is a big risk Nano will be protected.
==================
-> Mafia don't NK Nano.

This isn't far-fetched at all.

Setael's plan is a good one. Nano, you heard her!
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

the problem with setael's plan is that Nano could do some bizarre thing like your example, then claim that whatever code he used shows he planned to investigate who turns up dead. For example, setael's code, nobody could know but the person who posted it. Like this "code" qwertyuioplkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbvcxzasdfghjklpoiuytrewq"->repeat ad nauseum will have the name of everyone in it. Or, if he uses numbers, many different meanings can be inferred from numbers, and he could just adjust what he claims it said depending on who's killed.
Yo.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:32 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Nanosauromo wrote:
TCS wrote:Simenon looks a stupid move in light of the nightkill (that nano presumably didn't know of), and because both masons claimed I wouldn't have done it were I cop.
Think about it: If we have a claimed mason pair, and one of them turns up as town by investigation, then we pretty much have two confirmed townies. Good, yes?
Oh, I fully agree. Your choice is suspect to me only in the sense that it also happened to be the nightkill. For my money, it was most likely an unfortunate circumstance, and Setael's suspicion of you is quite scummy.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Setael »

TCS you aren't answering my question. Please reconcile the NK of Haschel if I am scum. Do you think scum killed one of their own?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Bookitty »

On fourth reread:

As far as I am concerned, Setael and TCS are confirmed.
  • If Nano is scum and we lynch him, we get no information about his buddy. It could then be anybody. If Nano is the cop it would be a bad mistake to lynch him. So no joy in lynching Nano, either way.
  • If FLoC is scum and there is a doc, it must be either myself, Samruc or Yagami.
    If FLoC is scum and there is no doc the Mafia must still suspect one of us three of being the doc, if Samruc's idea is correct.
    If FLoC is scum and we lynch him then Nano "might" hit scum but we have no further information on Nano's guilt or innocence either way (and thus the veracity of his information), unless he is nightkilled. We can afford one mislynch to get our info, no more (by my reckoning, anyway)
    If FLoC is the doc and we lynch him then Nano likely dies before a further investigation can be revealed.
I'm thinking that logically we have to lynch one of the non-claimers (myself, Yagami, or Samruc) in order to gain any useful information. (More on this later, I'm still looking at angles of this.) Surprise, I'm not going to vote for myself, though!

Question, though: Why hasn't Mafia killed FLoC if he IS the real doctor? (I hadn't thought of this before -- but why kill a Mason at all? Killing a Mason confirms another townie, hardly the smartest move for scum, I'd think.)

I think I'm nearly ready to vote. If any of you see flaws in my logic, I'd be grateful if you'd point them out.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

I agree that with all but 3 people claimed, we should put pressure on the unclaimed. Yagami has made one post in the past week, so I'll
Vote: Yagimi
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I'm ready, I think.

I have to decide between Samruc and YagamiLight, who is more scummy.

I reread the game, and I got a fairly neutral feel from Samruc (he REALLY doesn't believe FLoC's doctor claim, but that's in itself not pro-town or pro-scum so far as I know) and not much of a read on Yagami at all, before Day 3.

But today Samruc has had logical and reasoned postings, argued with my logic (and in fact corrected it), pointed out things from an angle I hadn't thought of, and I don't see any reason scum would do that.

On the other hand, I don't agree with much of YagamiLight's last post at all. I don't think it's the prudent move for a cop to investigate one of a pair of Masons, but I can see its appeal (catching two scum at once, ideally, which is why scum probably won't make such a claim). And the extra Mafia night kill one time only special exception case YagamiLight postulates? That theory seems overly convoluted, "like the elaborations of a bad liar," to me.

I want to give YagamiLight the chance to defend/claim/whatever before I put him at L-1, but this
FOS: YagamiLight
indicates my intended vote sometime tomorrow assuming nothing changes.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Boo, there;s not much I can do to defend against what I'm being voted for. I'm being voted for what you mentioned from my last post (except Nanos, who want to add pressure since I've been lurking). I never said that I believe it is true, I said I was considering it, because, as you have mentioned, the town seems awfully power heavy. I wanted to consider the possibility of a 1-shot scum vig. Also, if you look at the vote count, TCS seems more unsure about the vig claim then me, and he's proven town.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by Bookitty »

TCS is indeed proven town, and will not get a vote from me under any circumstances. That doesn't make his logic any better than mine, or anyone else's. And here's my logical explanation for why Setael can't be scum.

There are two scum left. Before Haschel's untimely demise, there were three.

So let's say this "Setael is scum" argument is true, and Setael decides to kill off Haschel as a one shot scum vig rather than killing off a townsperson, "bussing" her partner. Under this scenario, two of the three scum are accounted for. One is Setael, one is dead Haschel, and one is still unknown.

We know it can't be TCS. No point even discussing that.

If Nanosauramo is the scum, then there's no need at all to bus Haschel. Setael could kill a townsperson without announcing anything, put us into Lylo (we are at 5-2 rather than 4-3 because Haschel was scum and not town, which was lucky) and then Nanosauramo pretends to investigate me (for instance), comes up with a guilty, I'm lynched and Mafia wins. Simple.

If ANYONE else is scum, then Nanosauramo can't be, because there's only one scum left unaccounted for. So Nanosauramo is out there, investigating people... it makes no sense to get rid of your numerical advantage when there's a cop out there possibly investigating you.

Logically your theory doesn't hold up.

As always, if there's a flaw in my reasoning, point it out.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Like I said, I was only considering it, and do not think it is plausible either. Regardless, lets suppose I did think it possible still, one possible reason Setael could have chosen to remove one of his own could have been to ensure his safety. It would be the same as a fake cop claim pointing a mafia member, especially in this situation it would make it so much more likely for him to be accepted as town. It's a WIFOM argument. The scum could see how town one would seem doing this, and think it a good idea, or see the down side that you point out as greater, and choose not to.

Also, I pointed out TCS, not because I think it's possible he's scum, but because I believe it shows Setael as possible scum, though as I've said, I've thrown out my idea of how so now.
-Al Franken-
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Setael »

Bookitty wrote:Question, though: Why hasn't Mafia killed FLoC if he IS the real doctor? (I hadn't thought of this before -- but why kill a Mason at all? Killing a Mason confirms another townie, hardly the smartest move for scum, I'd think.)
Very good point. Why would mafia essentially give us a confirmed townie, when we may have ended up wasting a lynch on a mason to find out if they were telling the truth or not? It would've been more to their advantage to target me, knowing I was going to vig Haschel and therefore be confirmed Town. It would've also made more sense for them to target the doc. This makes me think even more that either FLOC or Nano is lying. Either that or Nano kills whoever he investigates (overruling the scum's NK), either knowingly or unknowingly. Is that too far fetched to be possible? I haven't played long enough to know if that is possible or totally ridiculous.

I think Bookitty's logic makes more sense than Yagami's in these last posts. I still think a Yagami lynch is the best play for today.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Setael wrote:Either that or Nano kills whoever he investigates (overruling the scum's NK), either knowingly or unknowingly. Is that too far fetched to be possible? I haven't played long enough to know if that is possible or totally ridiculous.
I would like to know the answer to this question as well, if anyone knows.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”