Newbie 476: Slow, slow, slow, then FAST and over. Damn.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:59 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

No Lynch
(1):
stephy_nz

Holy
(1):
mith

not voting
(5):
havok95, Holy, jmar, Korlash, Sir Tornado

Four will lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:14 am

Post by MeMe »

lionden_56 replaces stephy_nz, effective immediately
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 am

Post by lionden_56 »

Hi everyone, I'll read this thread in a little bit...but I've got class in 20 minutes...just wanted to say hi
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Korlash »

NOOOOO! No one from MDV!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO....
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:20 am

Post by mith »

Ok, we definitely need some voting happening. Why is no one voting?
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:29 am

Post by lionden_56 »

Well, first thing's first...
Unvote: No Lynch
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by jmar »

I know that seems confusing, but when I said "get off" and "stay" are the same, I meant within the context of the sentence. I said "do something to get off"- because the "do something" is vague, you could replace it with "do something to stay" and it's the same thing, because I never specified what the something was. It's hard to explain my thoughts sometimes, but that's how I meant it. Anyways it's a moot point because Holy said "stay" in her post.

@ mith: I guess I worded that weird. I don't mean to say Holy shouldn't ask why she was on your list, but that's not what she did. She asked if changing her behavior would take her off your list, and to me, caring that much about being on someones list is scummy.

That being said, havok is the one who's tripped my scumdar the most. He came in, made a lot of pointless accusations, and then went back to lurking. So I'm comfortable with
Vote: havok95
. Then again, I'm still not ready to lynch so it's more to generated discussion than anything else. Sir Tornado is also suspicious to me because he's been active in other games I'm playing with him, and he's barely posted in this. So,
FOS: Sir Tornado
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

so after going back and wading through a lot of irrelevant material, I think that despite his astounding ability to post non-game-related content, the Heir to Blackbade is probably town. (That's Korlash for the non-Magic playing folk.) I mean, his posts are long, sure, but aside from poor math skills it doesn't look terribly scummy (to me at least.)

Holy draws my attention some because it seemed like she lurked for a while, then seemed to overreact when called out (spelling out s-o-r-r-y was the big one.)

My other "hunch" if you will is jmar. I can't point to like one specific post and say "this is scummy"...its just the general feeling I get. (I know, general feelings are terrible examples to use in Mafia).
I don't know...I didn't really have all the time in the world tonight to re-read this thread thoroughly (this German minor is going to kill me)...so I'll read it in greater detail hopefully tomorrow and maybe have a better insight then...but for now, as the new addition, that's my $.02
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Korlash »

sweet I always knew I liked you Lionden... You get me ^^

And FYI.. I believe we had a talk about "gut feelings" and apparently they are great tools here... so.. yeah... General feelings are all around ok...

As for jmar... He keeps setting off my alarm but seems to correct it ok each time... I chalk it up to simple newbie/rookie/overall mistakes... small suspicion but overall town vibe..

Holy... I don't know... I think if you look past all the bad grammar and bad wording you get a novice townie but you can't rule out just a simple bad grammared mafia player either...

As for Lionden I never got to strong a feeling off Stephy so I cant say for sure... I say simple unknown ATM...

Mith... seems town.. but you can never completely rule out any experienced player.. so... IGMEOY! *Stern face*

Havok and Sir Torn are my top picks just because of lurking and what not... I'm not ready to throw a band wagon on any of them yet but I will
Vote: Sir Tornado
to get the game moving... I would like to get more from each of them along with Lioden's greater insight...

And so my math doesn't add up... Sue me... :P Puns FTW!

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

So a little more breadth on my above post (and a CPR attempt to this game...)

Some things from Jmar
I think stephy_nz is saying he'd rather no lynch than vote randomly. Which I agree with.
coupled with:
Also, I've played my fair share of mafia games.
As an experienced player, shouldn't you know that no lynch day 1 is a bad idea?
See, Mith is probably town. Just from sheer mathematical odds he's probably town. (5 town, 2 scum).
is in the same post as
Of course theres still the huge possibility that Mith is scum, in which case were probably all screwed.
So at one point, you say the probability is that he's town...but then like 3 sentences later you say there's a "huge possibility" that he's scum. Yeah, I'd say that covers your bases pretty well...he's either "probably town" or "huge possibility" that he's scum...IDK, its probably just extremely poorly worded, but something strikes me funny about that.
@ mith: I guess I worded that weird. I don't mean to say Holy shouldn't ask why she was on your list, but that's not what she did. She asked if changing her behavior would take her off your list, and to me, caring that much about being on someones list is scummy.
I agree with this, however once again the first time you asked it it was worded rather poorly.

Using that as a segue, turning to Holy, I do find it terribly interesting the way you asked if changing your behavior would get you off of someone's watch list. However, I honestly don't think a mafia member would be that blatant about it. I mean, look at how everyone jumped on her...even a newbie mafia member should have been able to see that coming.

Thoughts?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by Korlash »

I have a thought.. Holy already answered that and no one seems to have heard her... Stop using the same bullet to try and force pressure a newbie into digging a hole for themselves...

She only meant to find out what she had done to get on his "FoS list" or however she said it... The point being, she had no idea why Mith suspected her and was trying to find out what she had done... because of how ti was worded people jumped on it and blew it out of proportion... Finding out why someone suspects you is not scummy... it is the only way you can defend yourself... if you say "I vote so and so because he has been scummy!" How does the person defend himself? He has to ask...

So I don't think that bringing it up every 4 posts and forcing Holy to keep trying to defend against it is beneficial to the town as a whole... Sure I would totally be into more info from her, but not about a dead subject...

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 am

Post by Holy »

jmar wrote: But this is exactly my point, you wanted to know why you were on his suspect list. For me, that's a little scummy. If Mith says something, defend yourself, but you shouldn't be concerned with staying on or getting off the suspect list- if you're town, you've got nothing to hide. That being said, I'm still not completely sold on anybodys scuminess as of yet.
jmar wrote: @ mith: I guess I worded that weird. I don't mean to say Holy shouldn't ask why she was on your list, but that's not what she did. She asked if changing her behavior would take her off your list, and to me, caring that much about being on someones list is scummy.

That being said, havok is the one who's tripped my scumdar the most. He came in, made a lot of pointless accusations, and then went back to lurking. So I'm comfortable with
Vote: havok95
. Then again, I'm still not ready to lynch so it's more to generated discussion than anything else. Sir Tornado is also suspicious to me because he's been active in other games I'm playing with him, and he's barely posted in this. So,
FOS: Sir Tornado
lionden_56 wrote: Using that as a segue, turning to Holy, I do find it terribly interesting the way you asked if changing your behavior would get you off of someone's watch list. However, I honestly don't think a mafia member would be that blatant about it. I mean, look at how everyone jumped on her...even a newbie mafia member should have been able to see that coming.
Holy wrote: jmar and Korlash, Nope! What I want to know is, is He FOS me because of my asking for more of his developed thoughts or because of my lately posts in answering to havok95 about my FOS on stephy_nz? (Actually, where is She actually, sigh...). Or even because of any different reasons at all, that's what I want to know...
Holy wrote: You rephrase it jmar..., it looks bad now...
I'll re-explain:
I didn't wanted to ask about if doing or not doing something I could get off (don't you mean: stay?) his "good?" side. I was asking that way because I wanted to know whether he put me at 'suspect' list just because my nagging question (hmm, damn, it is sounds scummy a bit) for his wider review or else... and if it because of something else, I really wanted to know because of what. That's all.
O yeah, that 4 points at post #96, I took that as his reason to put me at his 'suspect list' and why he voted me. So far, his answer is okay for me...
O well, I have explained twice now, but w/e...
@ jmar & lionden_56, I'm not concerned about> how to get off someone's watch list or if changing my behaviour would get me off his list at all, I've already explained what I actually meant twice. Is it still that confusing? Well, I'll answer once again...
I didn't asked about what should I do so I can get off someone's watch list, what I asked (if simplified) was
why/what his reason to put me on that list
, my purpose was to measure how the way he'll answer it.

Hmmm, I need to re-read...
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:18 am

Post by jmar »

To your first point lioden, you took it out of context. I was saying that no lynch is a better idea than lynching randomly, which it is. Of course nobody wants to no lynch day 1. We've already had this discussion though.

Good point on your second one. It's definitely worded poorly- all I can say is that I was trying to get across that I wasn't assuming Mith was town.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Holy »

My
temporary summary:

Korlash: Refreshing and good posts (feels so townie, if he's scum, well.. he's good!)
mith: Good posts and a good beacon (still could be either townie or scum)
jmar: Good posts or acceptable tackles (still could be either townie or scum)
Sir Tornado: Neutral posts (maybe townie) ~blank
havok95: Confusing WIFOM posts (could be either townie or scum)
lionden_56: Still not much post atm to assume anything (still might be scum) ~blank

Not so helpful list, sigh...

O yeah,
Sir Tornado wrote:Yes, I tend to do that. I usually post in quite a bit in short time and disappear for a while till I get inspired again.
Why do you need an inspiration just to post something, Sir Tornado?
(please, pardon my little confusion :) )
You see, even 'this' post, written with nothing that could be any contribution at all, but still posted by me, sighing again...
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 am

Post by lionden_56 »

@ Holy...sorry for making you defend yourself against the same charge twice. I guess I missed the first time you did it. No offense, and I know this probably isn't your fault, but some of your posts can be difficult to understand.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yup... But I like how shes getting better and posting a lot more... moving away from an unknown and I can finally get a reading on her...

But havok and Sir Torn really need to say something useful like... NOW!

Also I like how Lionden posts a lot of useful stuff too... very nice... Still not enough to give a opinion though...

havok95
havok95
Townie
havok95
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by havok95 »

Sorry guys, I had work/Thanksgiving shit/readings to get through. I'll try to have something worthwhile to post tomorrow.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Korlash »

thanksgiving? I thought that was next month o.O

... weird...

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:54 am

Post by mith »

That was a terribly vague list, Holy. And my scumdar doesn't like it. But before I go into why, try this:

Post a list of the players in the game from scummiest to least scummy. Give a reason why each player is above the next person on the list.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:14 am

Post by jmar »

Korlash wrote:thanksgiving? I thought that was next month o.O

... weird...
I agree. Lynch all liars. You're dead, scum.

Kidding...
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

I actually wouldn't do that. Going through and re-reading, I get a pretty decent vibe off of Havok.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Korlash »

well duh... You only have to go through... like.. 8 posts... How scummy can a guy be in 8 posts?

lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

He's actually posted more than it seems like, and all of them have pretty good content. For now I'm not throwing anything in his direction.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by Korlash »

Thats good because throwing things is wrong.. You could hit someone or poke out their eye or knock over a vase... Or an urn... Man that would suck...

havok95
havok95
Townie
havok95
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by havok95 »

I'm Canadian. Our Thanksgiving was this past weekend.
I wish there was a way to say I'm rather trusting of lionden and more suspicious of jmar without making it look suspicious against me. Lionden has displayed some good logic, scum-hunting, and attempts to keep the thread moving--good points all. Jmar, on the other hand, claims I "came in making pointless accusations." Could you clarify that for me? Which accusations have I made that you would consider "pointless", and why do you think that makes me scummy?

Also, something I just picked up on a re-read. You claimed earlier that mith, as an IC, was a "resource" to the town. Mith then said he was "pretty happy" with my post, and as far as I can remember, hasn't cast any suspicion my way. Why are you disagreeing with mith after claiming that you held his opinion in high regard?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”