Newbie 480: Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:12 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

What did I miss about post 109? You responded to me and I felt that was at least an adequate response so I had nothing more to say. Are you talking about the questions at the bottom?
Porochaz wrote:Now before I posted 107 when was your last substantial post? I think 83 or is there something there that I'm missing?
Well apparently you didn't read what you had written directly above that, because you answered it for me:
Porochaz wrote:In the last 15 posts you'll notice that only Erg0 has provided a substantial post due to our drop outs, I think its fair to say we can say goodbye to folk who are retiring... so counting 2 of those posts were to say goodbye, 1 of those posts was apologising for getting your name wrong, 1 was saying to Erg0 "ok I can understand where your coming from with that" (post 91) and the last one trying to get the game back on track (what I thought could be called a substantial post, correct me if Im wrong...)
So you are questioning when I last posted, and try to make it seem like it was a while ago (by saying post 83), but then you admit that NO ONE has really posted anything in the last 15 posts, so I don't see what your point is... you are just trying to bring unnecessary attention to me for some reason.

This is all after you originally singled me out for no reason by saying I hadn't posted in a while when it was a Tuesday afternoon and I had just posted on the previous Sunday night... and there were several people that hadn't posted in a longer period of time, including peapod who, for some reason, you are giving a free pass to regarding being a townie.

In fact, maybe it's worth to note in the last game I played, we had a guy who also made a list about who he thought was scum and who he thought was town. That guy ended up being mafia... so that's another reason I'm suspicious of your list.

But okay if I misinterpreted what you meant by "easiest" then fine, that's your explanation. But you progressed down the list with people and went from town to who you thought was scummy, so I think it's fair for me to determine that if you have people that you think are scum at the bottom and people you think are town at the top, that it's not unreasonable for me to assume that the higher up on the list, the most likely you think that person is town. I guess I mis-used the quote marks because you didn't say it specifically, but that is what I was implying that I thought you meant, so I used quotes when I typed it.

I was just pointing out that, after destructor mentions the two of you went after CS early that there was also another connection in post 70 and felt it was significant enough to bring up again. I personally hadn't noticed what destructor noticed during the early part of the game, so when I read post 70 I was suspicious of it, but I didn't really have any reason to bring it up yet, so I just let it be for the time.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:19 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

It seems like ever since I questions why you followed my "crappy logic" (to quote erg0) to change your vote and put it on erg0 you've been attacking me.

Like I said, it is one thing to come up with "bad logic" and not be able to see it is bad logic yourself, but it is completely different to try to "agree" with someone else's "bad logic" and use that as a reason to do something. So I am still wondering:

-What is your motive for following my vote and putting yours on erg0 as well?

-What is your motive for giving peapod a free pass at this point in time? I mean, you could have taken a stance that "there isn't enough content to make a decision one way or the other" but instead you decided that peapod is probably town...

I think both of those still need to be looked at.
Tigers ate my signature.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

ZeekLTK wrote:What did I miss about post 109? You responded to me and I felt that was at least an adequate response so I had nothing more to say. Are you talking about the questions at the bottom?
Porochaz wrote:Now before I posted 107 when was your last substantial post? I think 83 or is there something there that I'm missing?
Well apparently you didn't read what you had written directly above that, because you answered it for me:
Porochaz wrote:In the last 15 posts you'll notice that only Erg0 has provided a substantial post due to our drop outs, I think its fair to say we can say goodbye to folk who are retiring... so counting 2 of those posts were to say goodbye, 1 of those posts was apologising for getting your name wrong, 1 was saying to Erg0 "ok I can understand where your coming from with that" (post 91)
and the last one trying to get the game back on track
(what I thought could be called a substantial post, correct me if Im wrong...)
No, I didn't expect you to answer those questions but I was hoping youd respond in some way (before I mention it). The bit in bold is for later.
Zeek wrote:So you are questioning when I last posted, and try to make it seem like it was a while ago (by saying post 83), but then you admit that NO ONE has really posted anything in the last 15 posts, so I don't see what your point is... you are just trying to bring unnecessary attention to me for some reason.

This is all after you originally singled me out for no reason by saying I hadn't posted in a while when it was a Tuesday afternoon and I had just posted on the previous Sunday night... and there were several people that hadn't posted in a longer period of time, including peapod who, for some reason, you are giving a free pass to regarding being a townie.
Well the first thing is the bolded bit, as I have already explained to you... I asked you simply to get the game going again... I chose you, as you hadn't written in a while. 7 Players, 2 had posted substancial posts after you, 1 was me, and 2 had asked to be replaced
including peapod who hadn't had her replacement resolved yet
and the other... the other was Civil Scum, who I also brought up as quiet..., the second thing, I never gave her a "free pass", please refer to the last post to see my explanation. The third thing, if thats not enough, is there is a difference between posts 83 - 93 and posts 94 - 107 in that from post 83 - 93 there was 3 out of the "active" players having a discussion, in posts 94 - 107 there wasn't.
Zeek wrote: In fact, maybe it's worth to note in the last game I played, we had a guy who also made a list about who he thought was scum and who he thought was town. That guy ended up being mafia... so that's another reason I'm suspicious of your list.
Well I think you'll find a lot of people make lists and just because one person in your last game made a list and he was mafia doesn't mean everyone in Mafiascum who makes a list is mafia. People make lists to show where they stand.
Zeek wrote:But okay if I misinterpreted what you meant by "easiest" then fine, that's your explanation. But you progressed down the list with people and went from town to who you thought was scummy, so I think it's fair for me to determine that if you have people that you think are scum at the bottom and people you think are town at the top, that it's not unreasonable for me to assume that the higher up on the list, the most likely you think that person is town. I guess I mis-used the quote marks because you didn't say it specifically, but that is what I was implying that I thought you meant, so I used quotes when I typed it.

Well I said you were least scummy and I believe you were third on the list...
Zeek wrote:I was just pointing out that, after destructor mentions the two of you went after CS early that there was also another connection in post 70 and felt it was significant enough to bring up again. I personally hadn't noticed what destructor noticed during the early part of the game, so when I read post 70 I was suspicious of it, but I didn't really have any reason to bring it up yet, so I just let it be for the time.
Well firstly peapod was wrong there as CS pointed out in post 9:
CS wrote:No just me...Porochaz, you might want to reconsider that vote, cause I'm so civil it's disgusting. I'm starting to wish I had chosen a different name, but since we are rolling, here's my obligatory point-back. vote: leetonicon
and secondly, I don't see the link between us, care to expand on that?

I see you also posted when I started this so to carry on instead of double posting (I keep a seperate tab open so I can refer to stuff whilst I post)
Zeek wrote: It seems like ever since I questions why you followed my "crappy logic" (to quote erg0) to change your vote and put it on erg0 you've been attacking me.
I followed you because I agreed with you, I didn't think it was bad logic. Ive been "attacking" you ever since post 123, which I posted less than 3 hours ago. I disagreed with you about my posting habits before hand but I wasn't making a case for you to be scum.

[quote="Zeek]
Like I said, it is one thing to come up with "bad logic" and not be able to see it is bad logic yourself, but it is completely different to try to "agree" with someone else's "bad logic" and use that as a reason to do something.[/quote]

So wait, your saying that your logic is bad logic... but its in inverted comma's so it must mean you think its good logic, therefore I can think its good logic as well... no wait, your saying that although you cant see it as bad logic, everyone else should be able to and not follow your route. That just confuses me a bit, even more so the fact that I gave a bit of an explanation myself why I was voting for him then in post 87,(which you have ignored) I answered Erg0's answer to my vote, which by the way, you ignored even though he asked both of us and you posted before me.(about post 54...)
Zeek wrote: So I am still wondering:

-What is your motive for following my vote and putting yours on erg0 as well?
Its explained pretty well above but I would of thought that it was fairly obvious, given the explanation when I voted...
Zeek wrote: -What is your motive for giving peapod a free pass at this point in time? I mean, you could have taken a stance that "there isn't enough content to make a decision one way or the other" but instead you decided that peapod is probably town...
Ive explained this at least twice now, do I really have to do it again, when your just not reading it or even responding to my previous answers...?

I need to say Ive just come back from camping so please just ask for anything to be clarified that you think looks garbled, Im quite tired and this long post has drained away most of my energy so I might just be hitting random keys at the moment and thinking they look like words...[/b]
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Erg0 »

Destructor, that case just made me happy with my vote.

Also, I have a question for anyone that cares to answer it: Is it scummy to ask the second voter to unvote you but not the first? If so, why?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I think it is, but only when combined with other things... simply because it doesn't make any sense, if your worried about being lynched at the random voting stage you ask for anyone to take there votes off not just one, (Im assuming that more experienced players wouldn't ask at all considering its just the random vote stage) its simply a please don't vote for me cause I don't want to have to be under pressure, combine that with a second post asking, a random bad post or a OMGUS vote then I would say yes it is.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Ripley »

Erg0 wrote:Also, I have a question for anyone that cares to answer it: Is it scummy to ask the second voter to unvote you but not the first? If so, why?
You're just going over old ground here. peapod already covered this in post 60:
peapod wrote:So why is the OMGUS vote scummy?
So why is asking someone to unvote twice scummy?
So why is his ignoring leet scummy?
I replied to that:
Ripley wrote:Any kind of behavior that seems unnatural, illogical, perplexing, inconsistent or just slightly odd is always worth noting, as is behavior that seems nervy or an over-reaction. You can't always neatly summarise such an observation with a precise account of what the person stood to gain from this behavior if they were scum. Scum don't by any means always behave rationally, especially if they're a bit nervous. Lots of these leads eventually lead nowhere; it doesn't mean they weren't worth pointing out.
Do you disagree with this? And why are you bringing this up again now - is it just because destructor mentions it in his summary? You've already complained that this point has received too much attention, and really you set that in motion yourself with post 38.

Also, this is a second example of peapod and Erg0 saying very similar things (the first was noted by destructor in post 118) - despite peapod having at this stage posted more excuses than content.
Civil Scum wrote:With destructor leaning slightly in Ergo's direction (who is currently at L-2) and Ripley being suspicious of destructor (L-2), we appear to have two non-incestuous BW's.
Ah, incest rearing its ugly head again. Actually your unvote reduced destructor to a single vote, and Erg0 is voting destructor which, as I understood it at least, is incestuous, and I was quite suspicious of both leet and Erg0, though slightly less so now of destructor.

Whether peapod thought she had requested replacement or not, she clearly said on Thursday that she intended to play on. She said she would "do my best to be an active member." which sounds despressingly half-hearted. Still waiting for some content from you, peapod.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ripley are you a he or a she? I dont see it on your profile
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Yes, that question was mainly in response to destuctor's post. I wasn't sure if the basic question had actually been examined before (I missed your previous post).

I will point out that I think your response to peapod aligns fairly closely with my own opinion: it's worth noting but it's not necessarily scummy.
V/LA most weekends.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:45 am

Post by destructor »

Hi, letting you all know I still intend to finish that PBPA. I didn't find enough time to finish it today, but I've written up a bit of it. The next few days are a little busy for me, but I'll try to get it finished and respond to what's come up asap.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Ripley »

Porochaz wrote:Ripley are you a he or a she? I dont see it on your profile
Do you know, I think that’s the first time anybody’s asked me that in all the time I’ve been here. Ripley has been called “he” by almost everyone, so it’s probably less confusing if you use that, though I have no particular preference.

Mod
: please would you prod peapod?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:55 am

Post by pablito »

Mod: Done.
Sup, later.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ok thats fair enough he it is then...

Whilst peapod may want to be here she doesn't or can't post enough to actually have a proper influence on the game... peapod, I know pablito didn't replace you when you asked so you carried on but I'm asking both you and pablito to reconsider yourself being replaced, thats only if you cant post regularly, the current rate at which your posting now is not good for the game and if you have some sort of exams coming up then maybe its for the best?
I second that prod
not that prods need to be seconded...
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

porochaz wrote: The "sure" comment was A. To keep the pressure on Civil and B. a slight mistake on my part showing my over keenness in the game...
I think that porochaz's comment on Peapod's innocence can largely be explained by the second part of this quote. It was probably just a feeling he had, due to "over-keeness". My feeling is opposite, and I would say she's probably scum, but not 100% sure. I'm wary of lurkers.

I find it odd that Ripley has made an issue out of anyone's dealings with peapod, and suggests that somehow there is an association. When I said something about Peapod lurking, Ripley suggested that it was something I may have done to prevent her for being singled out for lurking and drawing heat as a scum-lurker. This accusation confused me. Porochaz has also caught some flak for his 'likely town' comment directed at Peapod.
It's safe to say that her current prescence, or lack thereof, is troubling all of us.

I'm not going to vote for anyone (ahem, not even leet) until I can get some kind of handle on her character.
Ergo wrote: Destructor, that case just made me happy with my vote.
Could you expand upon this?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Erg0 »

destructor wrote:
Erg0

In Post 38 I didn't like the way Erg0 makes blatant assumptions about CS's motives. This comes across as a defense of CS, but one I think no one but CS himself was in a place to make, assuming he's town. He uses this as the basis of his attack on Zeek. Later, in Posts 49 and 101 he suggests the opposite, claiming that his defense of CS was a result of his attack on Zeek. This doesn't ring true:
Erg0 in 38 wrote:Zeek's points seem like a bit of a reach -
I assumed the reason that CS asked Porochaz in particular to unvote was that he was the one that had just put on the second vote.
If he'd asked leetonicon to unvote, that would be a different story.
Also, it seemed fairly obvious to me that CS did not literally mean that he was obligated by the rules to vote for Porochaz.
Erg0's accusation that Zeek was reaching were based on his defense of CS, which I've underlined, not the other way around. I agree that Zeek's post seemed very eager, which may be what Erg0 was refering to by 'reach', but he raised valid points.
Every time I read a player's posts I'm looking for motivation - I'm expecting that everyone else does the same. It
is
my place to interpret CS's post, and if someone else comes out with a radically different interpretation to my own it makes me wonder. If that interpretation is considerably more negative than my own, that makes me suspicious.

Zeek was making assumptions about CS's motivations too. His (and yours, apparently) were considerably different to mine - he assumed that CS's post was motivated by scummy goals. I thought (and Ripley apparently agrees) that this was a stretch. Given that he was using these assumptions as the basis for a vote, I found this notable. I was attacking his assumptions, just as you're attacking mine. The assertion that my assumptions are correct is a natural product of my attack. This will inevitably become an indirect defence of CS.
destructor wrote:Post 45 came across to me as insincere. Erg0 says he dislikes theory based discussion over game discussion, which seems hypocritical since he was the one that started said discussion. This coupled with more speculation/defense about CS's motives didn't sit well with me.
The theory discussion was an answer to a direct question from Porochaz, which arose from a practical point that I didn't explain clearly the first time. I didn't start the discussion. I suspect that the only reson that you dislike my speculation but are ok with Zeek's is that you either agree with his or it suits your goals better.
destructor wrote:In Post 47 he continues his defense of CS. In reference to the CS/Porochaz issue, he said this:
Erg0 wrote:I really think this specific point has been seriously blown out of proportion, and is receiving far more attention than it should. The reason this came into focus was that Porochaz responded to CS's post with a comment about reconsidering his vote, while leetonicon didn't.
I didn't like this conclusion, because it's misleading. The truth is that leet was never asked to reconsider his vote, so Erg0's point is moot. It was the fact that leet was not mentioned besides an OMGUS vote that made it noteworthy.
CS didn't write a novel, it was a two sentence post. One sentence was about Porochaz, the other about leeton. It's not like he was giving one or the other a disproportionate amount of attention, it's just that Porochaz responded and leeton didn't (until later).
destructor wrote:Post 54 was not too hot either. I can appreciate his point about looking for other topics of discussion, but to do so while dismissing the current topic in the way Erg0 did is suspicious. Calling Zeek's vote on him OMGUS was innapropriate and notable, maybe even more OMGUSy than Zeeks posts, heh. His comment about leet was fair enough and one I'd have made too.
I stand by what I said in that post about my motivations. Zeeks vote looked to me like it was entirely based on the fact that I was picking on him, hence OMGUS. Sample quote: "you are off on your own little crusade against others who have done nothing to warrant it."
destructor wrote:In Post 82 Erg0 seems to implies that he is sure that CS is town. CS commented that Erg0 was either perceptive or scum. Erg0 suggests that his interpretation of CS "proves" that he is perceptive, when, even if he is so perceptive, is untrue. It proves very little, but does suggest a few things.
In that particular post I'm arguing under the assumption that CS is a townie, because there would be no sense in even saying what I said if he's scum. My point was that if he's a townie then scum would have no better understanding of his motivations than a townie, so the fact that I figured out what he was trying to do (assuming that he's telling the truth when he says that I did) just shows that I am good at figuring out motivations. Scum don't get a mind reading device along with their PM.
destructor wrote:His last post was a vote on me, based on my leet's actions. Given that I can't repond directly to his vote, I don't know if this is opportunism or, as he says, a genuine attempt to keep the game moving. Based on my read though, I'm leaning towards the former.
I already said what I didn't like about leeton. We'd had a few days with no real action and I wasn't voting for anyone. Putting the first vote on you hardly qualifies as opportunism.
destructor wrote:Erg0's play has been chracterised by what looks like buddying up to CS. My read reveals him as the most suspect player thus far based mostly around his defense of CS, which was uncalled for and, I may even argue, anti-Town.
Any buddying up is purely incidental. Heh, anti-town. Why, exactly? Do you think CS is scum?
V/LA most weekends.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Ripley »

Civil Scum wrote:When I said something about Peapod lurking, Ripley suggested that it was something I may have done to prevent her for being singled out for lurking and drawing heat as a scum-lurker. This accusation confused me.
If you're referring to what I said in Post 56, I've just reread it and it seems pretty clear to me, but ok, if you're confused let's go through it again. You said:
CS wrote:Ripley and peapod are lurking a bit yeah?
I replied:
Ripley wrote:I'd say I'd contributed roughly as much as Zeek and that both of us have contributed significantly more than peapod. peapod certainly stands out to me as the only real lurker at this stage. Makes me wonder if you don't want to see peapod singled out for lurking and are getting a pre-emptive strike in.
Do you not understand this? I was wondering if you had bracketed me with peapod here, and put my name first, in order to avoid pointing a finger at peapod alone. It's become clear since then that peapod is the lurker par excellence in this game, but back on page 3 maybe people might have believed "Ripley and peapod are the lurkers". if I hadn't challenged it. And if I hadn't said anything it would be easy, later in the game, to point back at your post later and say "look, Ripley was lurking just as badly as peapod back then." Also, it's possible that your remark was a way of trying to spur your scum buddy into some kind of action without singling her out for attention. Unconfused now?
Civil Scum wrote:I find it odd that Ripley has made an issue out of anyone's dealings with peapod, and suggests that somehow there is an association.
And
I
find it odd that when destructor, who was the first to point out such a possible link between Erg0 and peapod, Post 118, made his point:
destructor wrote:Very similar wording and sentiment, six posts apart. I'm not sure if this says more about peapod or Erg0, if anything at all.
.. you didn't find it worthy of any kind of comment. I probably wouldn't have bothered noting the Erg0/peapod correspondence that I did in Post 130, had destructor not picked up on the earlier one. Why do you refer to me as "making an issue" out of it when you had nothing to say about destructor who started this theme in the first place? Wouldn't you agree that a second piece of evidence confirming a first is worth posting, even if the issue turns out to be a false lead?
Erg0 wrote:Zeek was making assumptions about CS's motivations too. His (and yours, apparently) were considerably different to mine - he assumed that CS's post was motivated by scummy goals. I thought (and Ripley apparently agrees) that this was a stretch.
I don't see Zeek assuming that CS's goals were scummy. I see him noting behavior he found illogical from CS, questioning it and wondering why he did it. Time and time again he asks: "Why?"
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:58 am

Post by pablito »

Garnasha replaces peapod
Sup, later.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

Thanks for that pablito. Eagerly awaiting Garnasha's read on the game
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Looking back at the early pages of the game, you were definitely not lurking. I think I had that feeling around page 3 becuase a few of your posts were IC answering questions and becuase early (and still) I had absolutely no feeling on you either way.

I don't equate lurking with scuminess, but lurking does trouble me.
I wouldn't want peapod singled out for lurking, so I mention that she is lurking. Granted it was with your name first, but that wasn't part of a concious effort.
Ripley: I understood the point you were making. I just didn't see it linking us in that way.

Peapod could be a type of scum-parrot. The questions she poses early are already out there, and the similar "sentiments" of Ergo's that she mimics are interesting. This could just be her lack of devotion to the game. Some of her early posts make me a little suspicious for reasons I can't exactly put my finger on.
I'm hesitant to attach or use her behavior to determine anything about any other player.
destructor wrote: Erg0
In Post 38 I didn't like the way Erg0 makes blatant assumptions about CS's motives. This comes across as a defense of CS, but one I think no one but CS himself was in a place to make, assuming he's town. He uses this as the basis of his attack on Zeek. Later, in Posts 49 and 101 he suggests the opposite, claiming that his defense of CS was a result of his attack on Zeek. This doesn't ring true
After reviewing the early part of the thread, it does ring true. I half-assedly explained my usage of the WORD "obligated", and Ergo expanded. Much of Ergo's later "defenses" of my admmitedly strange OMGUSing does stem from interaction between Zeek and Ergo.
To me it looks like Ergo's attack on Zeek was the product of them viewing my behavior with two completely different sets of assumptions. I can't find a concrete place where Ergo has lied about his motivations.
destructor wrote: ...Erg0's accusation that Zeek was reaching were based on his defense of CS...not the other way around.
Ergo's accusation that Zeek was reaching was based on his feeling that my actions were seriously misunderstood (this is not a defense in and of itself) and the conflict
that resulted did lead to a type of defense of myself.
I'd love to hear from Garnasha, but I'm leaning again in destructor's direction.
destructor wrote: Civil Scum
I realise CS's first post has been discussed a lot. In brief, regardless of what followed, this post is notable because he only asks one of the two players voting for him to unvote. I saw his vote for leet as an OMGUS random vote, but it is odd that he would do that after refering specifically to Porochaz.
Yeah, it was odd and irrational. You seem to be writing about me with scumminess in mind right off the bat.
destructor wrote: Post 20 was scummy. I don't know what his intention was exactly here, but it did come across as an attempt to share some pressure with Porochaz. He unvotes a few posts later (Post 25) without really elaborating on his intentions, which is confusing and makes his vote for Porochaz even more questionable.
This vote, as I explained was hair-brained silliness. I "elaborated" later by saying that it was simply becuase prochaz was still voting for me. Let's call it second-grade Imma get u back. I retracted it 5! posts later and "elaborated.
destructor wrote: The one thing from this I feel fairly confident about is that CS and Porochaz probably aren't scum together.
True. You AND porochaz are highly unlikely as well.
[quote="destrucotr]
Without meaning to be defensive, I though CS went a bit far with Post 32. He clearly either misunderstands or misrepresents leet's post, coming across as a little opportunistic, though asks some fair questions. In this post, he also downplays the significance of his reaction to being at L-2, which is dodgy.
[/quote]
I may have been over eager, but mostly in response to Leet's over-eagerness. He was OFF HIS ROCKER. The vote may have been quick, as his behavior at that stage was primarily plain weird, and not neccesarily scummy. (Now I can't say that's the case)
It was dodgy (Ripley made a good point about this) and I guess I won't do that anymore. I just wasn't entirely sure how to convince anyone to choose "newbie" over "defensive scum", so at that point it just seemed like it was best to leave it to individual judgement. And best to "look around for other topics" becuase I didn't know what to do to show that my actions were not inherently scummy and my intentions not EVIL.

[quote="destructor]
Post 51 has a few things to note. First is this:
Civil Scum wrote:
I'm admittedly glad that Ergo is sticking up for me so readily, I doubt a scum would come to my aid in explaining what I have tried to. It is coordinated, but for me this makes me lean town in his direction.

WIFOM. It's not particularly revealing on its own, but certainly worth noting.
He also continues to flesh out his suspicions of leet, making some decent points, but others that aren't so great and kind of reachy, particularly his points about leet and Day 2. His focus on leet continues in Post 80. In this as well, he clearly misinterprets or misrepresents leet's posts.
[/quote]
I don't see myself misinterpreting or misrepresenting leet's post in Post 80. In fact, I believe I adressed the scummiest post leet made. He makes the claim that his voting for me was based on opposing assumptions we had made throughout the game so far. This was not true and nowhere earlier had he even been close to operating with that in mind. My curiousity with Leet's early fascination with D-2 had little to do with my vote for him. That one is reachy taken on it's own. It's the false/insincere/invented/fantasy reasonings behind his voting for me (and keeping his vote there with little justification), the lack of un-voting justification, and his final post where he makes a distinct point of letting us know that he didn't know porochaz had unvoted before he did.
Can anyone answer my question about 'Why make that post, unless u are scum and have something to hide'?
destructor wrote: There is also evidence of possible distancing from Erg0, which is worth noting if either of them turn up scum, especially in light of his WIFOM comment I quoted.
I'd say me and Ergo have been undistancing. What distancing tactics have we attempted to employ?

Well, it seems to me that Zeek's accusation of Ergo (based largely on his "sticking up" for me) can also be boiled down to WIFOM. I thought I detailed the basic outline for my choosing town for Ergo. It's the timing that makes little sense for a scum.
destructor wrote: His latest post (a few posts above) is more on leet. To answer your question, CS, I think that leet's posts weren't inherently pro-town (that's not to say they were necessarily anti-town either), but it looks to me like you're jumping at them and trying to see them as only scummy, speculating a lot in the process. I can't speak on behalf of leet's actions, so unfortunately there isn't that much I can say in defense to your analysis. Despite this, I'm not suggesting that leet's posts shouldn't be used to judge me to a degree. But I am saying that I, personally, can't be held accountable for everything that he did, anti-town or pro-town.
I disagree, you are him and you are 100% accountable for everything he has done.
I am very close to re-voting.

As it stands, all I can say for near cerainty are a few pairings I find impossible.

Ergo and myself: All of the suspicions revolving around Ergo's alignment are based on the case that I am town, and he is buddying up to me. I don't see how this case can stand as scum bailing out scum.

Porochaz and myself: too early, too risky

Leet and Porochaz: also too blatantly coordinated

Ergo and Leet: I find it highly unlikely that Ergo (as scum) would help take the heat off of me and place his vote directly at his scum-buddy's feet. Although, leet has messed up pretty bad...so maybe later I'll reconsider this one.

Zeek and anyone: I can't find a single scummy morsel in Zeek's posts.

Peapod: leaning towards scum for no apparent reasons

Ripley: 100% unsure
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Porochaz »

CS wrote:
destructor wrote:

His latest post (a few posts above) is more on leet. To answer your question, CS, I think that leet's posts weren't inherently pro-town (that's not to say they were necessarily anti-town either), but it looks to me like you're jumping at them and trying to see them as only scummy, speculating a lot in the process. I can't speak on behalf of leet's actions, so unfortunately there isn't that much I can say in defense to your analysis. Despite this, I'm not suggesting that leet's posts shouldn't be used to judge me to a degree. But I am saying that I, personally, can't be held accountable for everything that he did, anti-town or pro-town.
I disagree, you are him and you are 100% accountable for everything he has done.
I am very close to re-voting.
Unfortunetly destructor, you replaced him, so technically you ARE him. Whilst we can't ask you what your motives were at that point, we would not be wise to take it into account whilst voting and unfortunately as you are basically the same person (I know that sounds bad but within game terms its true) we can hold you responsible. However if I was going to vote for you I would be interested to see some more posts from you first, especially the 2nd half of that PBPA you promised us...
CS wrote: As it stands, all I can say for near cerainty are a few pairings I find impossible.

Ergo and myself: All of the suspicions revolving around Ergo's alignment are based on the case that I am town, and he is buddying up to me. I don't see how this case can stand as scum bailing out scum.
Why do you include yourself in this? Why do you see yourself as a potential pairing? That seems a bit suspicous...
CS wrote: Porochaz and myself: too early, too risky

Leet and Porochaz: also too blatantly coordinated

Ergo and Leet: I find it highly unlikely that Ergo (as scum) would help take the heat off of me and place his vote directly at his scum-buddy's feet. Although, leet has messed up pretty bad...so maybe later I'll reconsider this one.

Zeek and anyone: I can't find a single scummy morsel in Zeek's posts.

Peapod: leaning towards scum for no apparent reasons

Ripley: 100% unsure
Here you go into PBPA... Your doing the impossible partners thing... who's peapod scum with? Id like to know who are your most likely scum pairings?

Your 100% unsure about Ripley, how can you be 100% unsure, that sounds deliberetly confusing... you can't be 100% unsure, you can be unsure but not 100% because by being unsure your struggling between 2 or more choices, thus not being 100%.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Erg0 »

Ripley wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Zeek was making assumptions about CS's motivations too. His (and yours, apparently) were considerably different to mine - he assumed that CS's post was motivated by scummy goals. I thought (and Ripley apparently agrees) that this was a stretch.
I don't see Zeek assuming that CS's goals were scummy. I see him noting behavior he found illogical from CS, questioning it and wondering why he did it. Time and time again he asks: "Why?"
That is actually a fair point - I'd forgotten that Zeek didn't switch his vote. The tone of his post gave me the impression that he was attempting to cast CS in a negative light, though.

Incidentally, I've found the "pointing out two lurkers" tell to be fairly accurate, though I wouldn't usually look at it seriously unless one of the people involved has actually been proven as scum.
V/LA most weekends.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Leet's whole thing about assumptions opposite of assumptions which wasn't as scummy as it first appeared, makes no sense. My "assumptions" (ie-questions and problems with Leet's behavior) were the result of his votes and suspicions. Leet's voting and suspecting me precluded any and all of this. He claims that the source of his reasoning was something that came about as a direct result of his reasoining.

I guess I'm wondering,
Has anyone seen these types of things before from an overeager town newbie who doesn't know the game's pace, is not remiss to hop onto the first BW, and doesn't fear forming early conspiracy theories? Can the issues with Leet's (hence destructor's) be newb town?

The potential pairing is for the rest of u guys I suppose. Just stating (as destructor did) that Porochaz and I are an illogical scum pair. And Ergo and myself. I of course know these to be impossible :)

I have 100% no feeling either way on Ripley. 100% unsure.

I don't think I have enough information or read to throw two people together at this point. But for the sake of a permanent record,
If Leet=scum then I would be most wary of peapod
If Leet=Town then I would be most wary of Ergo

Of course by me or anyone listing these types of things before the fact, people's behavior can be adjusted.
If the two scum are not in these three, they could hop-on, get leet lynched (with mine and ergo's vote), kill the other townie at night, and I would be easily manipulated into voting for Ergo day-2. Everyone has their theories, and stating them can change/influence the scum's choices. Damn this game is complicated.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Garnasha »

Ok, this post is to indicate that I'm here. I write this post looking at page three, so haven't seen anything after that, catching up atm. I'll give you guys the notes I've been making while catching up waiting till pablito PMed me my role and gave me the all-clear for posting here.
notes wrote:page 1
Erg0 votes Zeek
Leet votes CS
Ripley votes peapod/me
Porochaz votes CS, putting him at L-2.
Zeek votes Ripley
Peapod/I votes porochaz

CS asks poro to remove his vote and places an OMGUS vote on Leet.

After poro refuses CS asks again.

poro misinterprets the question and asks why CS is asking me.

poro tells CS not to worry, but adds that he doesn't know why lynching him wouldn't benefit the rest of the group. What rest of group? Is this preparing CS for getting bussed?

Ergo also tells CS not to worry, and adds CS seems panicky. Ripley agrees and goes into a bit more detail. Feels like anecdotal proof=/=good.

poro says he waits for someone to post wtf.

! CS places OMGUS bandwagon vote on poro. As later some other people pointed out, whatever happened to leet? Only explanation: message: don't put me at L-2 and refuse to back off. Oh Lord, WRONG.

Zeek says he thinks CS very panicky. He points out the ignoring leet and asks why poro would wait for a post. Sparks the discussion about the "obligated" OMGUS vote. Ah well, guess I would ask him about that too. Thought: breadcrumb by CS?

Leeticon comments on his thinking about the stuff, sounds good, and a bit like pulp, but here:
Quote:
So, I'm keeping my vote on Civil Scum for now, FOS'ing Porochaz and hoping one of the other uncommitted people either starts a 3rd bandwagon or pushes one of these two to L-1.

! Steering tell

poro acts aggressive against CS, asks leet to clarify, and probes the other players.

page 2

CS blames his behaviour on newbieness. Accuses leeticon of stretching. Says it would be a dumb scum tactic to attack one another. Votes leeticon

porochaz gives off scummy vibes and tries to make a case about him being linked to CS seem stupid. Added: this mimics CS.
He also thinks it unfortunate the situation doesn't demand of him to unvote.

leet revokes his FOS, says it was a mistake and thinks CS and poro aren't linked.

poro and leet agree an IC should "step in", a misunderstanding ripley quickly rectifies, then asks poro why he said he was "sure" CS is scum. poro plays it down.

CS focuses attention to leet, and finds the stables of Augias. poro answers instead of leet on one question.

Erg0 keeps insisting the whole thing about CS is blown out of proportion.

Erg0 says he isn't deffing porochaz, but attacking ZeekLTK. Points out he too thinks CS scummy.

page 3
porochaz says leeticon isn't mentioned after the random vote is removed, while in fact the vote is put back on leeticon. Blind?

! OMG, CS says he doesn't think porochaz is scum and plays his OMGUS BW on him down as silliness.
Memo to self: if CS is lynched and turns out to be scum, read everything between them again and be prepared to vote porochaz.
That whole post is interesting
I guess I'll stop making this many notes per page, it takes too much time. I hope to have caught up in an hour or so.
V/LA until finals are over.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Ripley »

Ripley wrote:I'll give you guys the notes I've been making while catching up waiting till pablito PMed me my role and gave me the all-clear for posting here.
Can I just clarify this: are you saying that the notes you just posted were made before you received your role, but you have now received your role?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Garnasha »

Yes. Mainly. I worked ten more minutes on them while I already had my role, and the whole thing is pretty hapsnap, I first did some stuff on page two, then page three, then page one and then page two again. No real system, just reading, writing, realizing something, going back.

Catching up is taking longer than expected, glad it isn't 9 pages already. Could you guys stop posting walls of text? It's very annoying and makes it hard to find the important bits.
V/LA until finals are over.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Ripley »

Just noticed in post 147 I for some reason assigned the quote to myself. It should of course say "Garnasha wrote".

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”