Newbie 480: Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 480: Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by pablito »

Newbie 480

The Mafia has infiltrated this part of town. It’s time to get rid of them before they get rid of the town. During “day”, all the players will convene to determine who should be lynched at the gallows. Then during “night”, they all disperse and stuff happens. Repeat.

Game Status: Game Over.

Alive (2)

ZeekLTK, mafia
destructor (r/leetonicon), mafia

Dead (5)

Garnasha (r/peapod) - townie - lynched D1
Ripley - cop - killed N1
Erg0 - townie - lynched D2
Porochaz - townie - killed in endgame
Civil Scum - townie - killed in endgame

Rules (shamlessly stolen from various sources)

• All votes must be in bold.
Vote: bold tags
• Please
Unvote
before casting a new vote. Your old vote will count until you
Unvote
• Lynches will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
Vote: No Lynch
– majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a lynch. If a majority is not reached before deadline, no lynch will occur and it will immediately turn to night.
• Once a player or no lynch hits a majority, it is Twilight. Please do not post during twilight. I will lock the thread once I can. Once you are dead, you may no longer post.
• Once I have locked the thread, it is Night. At this point, if your role allows it, you may talk to people via PM. I will declare the deadline for night-choice submissions when I lock the thread. If you do not declare your night-choice prior to deadline, I will choose it for you or decide that no night choice is made.
• Do not edit/delete any previous submitted posts. Do not use invisible text or color=black.
• Do not quote any PMs from me, people you can talk to at night or anything from outside the game. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
• Please try to post at least once per day. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate. If the current posting pace falls below one post per player per 48-hours, I will place a deadline. In this game, if posting falls below 3.5 posts per day, or if I deem that the day has gone on far past necessary, a deadline will be placed.
• I am your mod. Anything I say goes. PM me if you have any questions.

Note: The set-up of the game was chosen randomly from the four following options:

1) 2 Mafia, 1 cop, 1 doctor, 3 townies
2) 2 Mafia, 1 cop, 4 townies
3) 2 Mafia, 1 doctor, 4 townies
4) 2 Mafia, 5 townies

Please confirm by PM. Once all confirms are in, we will begin with Day 1.
Last edited by pablito on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 am, edited 15 times in total.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by pablito »

Possible Role PMs
Mafia wrote:You are
Mafia
with XXX. You may only talk with each other through PMs during the game's "night" not during the "day." Every “night” as a group, you will decide which person will be killed. Prior to deadline, please PM me who will be your victim during that “night”. If I receive conflicting results, the first one will count. You may find the thread here.

Win condition: You win when all other players are dead.

Please confirm by PM
cop wrote:You are a
cop
. Every "night" before the deadline you may send me a message with a name of your choice, and I will let you know if that person is “innocent” or “mafia”. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread.

Win Condition: You win when all mafia is dead.

Please confirm by PM
doctor wrote:You are a
doctor
. Every "night" before the deadline you may send me a message with a name of your choice, and that player will not die if attacked by the mafia that night. You cannot protect yourself. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread.

Please confirm by PM
townie wrote:You are a
vanilla townie
. That’s alright, you still have your vote. So use it. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread.

Please confirm by PM
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:36 am

Post by pablito »

All confirms are in! Day 1 starts now.
Sup, later.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Erg0 »

Vote: ZeekLTK

Just because.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
leetonicon
leetonicon
Townie
leetonicon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:03 am

Post by leetonicon »

Vote: Civil Scum
to beat anyone else from making the obvious vote.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Ripley »

Vote: peapod

Random.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Porochaz »

vote Civil Scum

I have reason to believe he's not civil at all!!!
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:09 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

vote: Ripley

Random.
peapod
peapod
Townie
peapod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:43 am

Post by peapod »

Because no one's done it yet:
Vote Porochaz

...and wow, why do we already have two people at L-2...?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Civil Scum »

No just me...Porochaz, you might want to reconsider that vote, cause I'm so civil it's disgusting. I'm starting to wish I had chosen a different name, but since we are rolling, here's my obligatory point-back.
vote: leetonicon
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Porochaz »

K Ill reconsider... later when I have evidence to prove otherwise... having someone 2 people to lynch is not a dangerous situation at the moment because if 2 more people vote quickly causing Civil to be the first person to be lynched then it would be more obvious who the mafia were (presuming hes a townie) because they would be the ones wanting quick kills...
peapod
peapod
Townie
peapod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by peapod »

Civil Scum wrote:No just me...Porochaz, you might want to reconsider that vote, cause I'm so civil it's disgusting. I'm starting to wish I had chosen a different name, but since we are rolling, here's my obligatory point-back.
vote: leetonicon
I think your name just makes good random-vote fodder. I would've voted you if I had gotten to you first. ;D
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

K Ill reconsider... later when I have evidence to prove otherwise... having someone 2 people to lynch is not a dangerous situation at the moment because if 2 more people vote quickly causing Civil to be the first person to be lynched then it would be more obvious who the mafia were (presuming hes a townie) because they would be the ones wanting quick kills...
This is probably true, but a loose-cannon townie could concievably throw a vote in there for kicks.

May I ask you to reconsider your vote?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Why are you asking peapod to reconsider his/her vote when he/she is voting for me... (Im sorry I forgot to check before I posted)
peapod
peapod
Townie
peapod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by peapod »

She. That's the little pink sign for a girl next to the word that says 'gender'.

And Civil Scum is asking
you
to reconsider your vote, hence why he quoted your post.

But anyway...Civil Scum, why do you seem worried about having two votes on you? You're pretty safe, as Porochaz said. Unless you're
actually
scum and you think we're already on your trail? :D
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ah sorry, and sorry again, thats what I meant when I said I didn't check, I prefer posting with the "Post Reply" button so I dont have to memorise tags... but then I dont know the persons gender Im talking about/to. Ill get there eventually.

As I already said, I will not consider changing my vote and until yourself or other people convince me otherwise. This may be the random stage of the game, and if it makes you feel better, its still a random vote with no basis except to make you sweat, which you seem to be doing... I'm not one to change my vote without making sure I, personally, am sure. I will give you a chance however, you seem keen not to be two votes away from the slaughter and have now asked me twice to remove my vote, so beyond the reasoning that "I am a townie and if you lynch me you lynch one of your own" how can I be sure that not lynching you is a benifit to the rest of the group?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:42 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Two votes early on day 1 is not a big deal. If everyone split their votes evenly so that we all had 1 each at the end of random voting then we might as well not vote at all. Asking someone to remove a second vote seems a little panicky to me.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Ripley »

I agree that Civil Scum is sounding more unsettled by being on 2 votes than the situation really warrants. It's quite common for people to be on 2 votes on page 1 and I've never seen anybody request an unvote in that situation before. The last newbie game I was in, 437, I was put on
three
votes on page 1. I didn't come to any harm. One of the existing voters immediately unvoted, and we went on to lynch the guy who placed the third vote. He was scum. Also, we got some useful information from people's reactions to the whole thing. This sort of outcome is surely far more probable than a trigger-happy townie going berserk. And Civil Scum is only on two votes.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

K whilst im waiting for someone to post can one of the ics tell me how to watch a topic, thanks.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Ripley »

Porochaz wrote:K whilst im waiting for someone to post can one of the ics tell me how to watch a topic, thanks.
At the very bottom left of this page, under the page number, it says "Watch this topic for replies". Click there.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Civil Scum »

unvote

Asking porochaz to reconsider his vote, said he wouldn't. I'd call it more of a polite request than the cold sweating of a town-fearing scum.
I'm new and haven't been at L-2 this early.
I don't really like being at L-2 this early, but from what everyone else here says, it sounds like I have little to worry about.

And 2 at L-2
vote: porochaz
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:53 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Erg0 wrote:Two votes early on day 1 is not a big deal. If everyone split their votes evenly so that we all had 1 each at the end of random voting then we might as well not vote at all. Asking someone to remove a second vote seems a little panicky to me.
It seems very panicky to me. Here is his post:
Civil Scum wrote:No just me...Porochaz, you might want to reconsider that vote, cause I'm so civil it's disgusting. I'm starting to wish I had chosen a different name, but since we are rolling, here's my obligatory point-back. vote: leetonicon
So first he panics and asks that a vote be reconsidered (and why is he only asking one of the two people voting for him to remove it? Why would you not ask both people? Why is he "okay" with leetonicon voting for him but not Porochaz??), then he casts a vote that for some reason he feels he has to justify, so he tells us he is "obligated" to cast an OMGUS vote (which he most certainly is NOT obligated to do... I don't think anyone else did).

Porochaz wrote:K whilst im waiting for someone to post can one of the ics tell me how to watch a topic, thanks.
I don't get what you mean here by "waiting for someone to post"...
leetonicon
leetonicon
Townie
leetonicon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:18 am

Post by leetonicon »

Hmmm.... I've been wine-in-front-of-me-ing for a while trying to determine what to make of what's been done so far. The fact that Porachaz voted for CS to put him at L-2 slightly early in the game suggested to me that they might be connected. (And actually, CS's first request struck me as the reaction of someone new who didn't want to be the first day lynch which indicates nothing of scumminess or not; the second request (as was pointed out by others) is a little bit stranger) The fact the we now have two L-2 bandwagons appears to be a good thing for the town, but the fact that both wagons (Noob question: is wagon the appropriate term at L-2 on day 1 or does it have to be L-1 to be considered a wagon?) are unstable in the sense that each wagon contains a vote from the person being threatened by the other wagon and that makes me wonder whether CS's action was designed to look like he's helping the town while not actually helping as much as it would seem. So, I'm keeping my vote on Civil Scum for now,
FOS'ing Porochaz
and hoping one of the other uncommitted people either starts a 3rd bandwagon or pushes one of these two to L-1.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Porochaz »

1. Civil Scum, your vote is purely on the basis Im voting for you, yes? You feel you should not be at L - 2 so early as your new? (however the aim of the game is to kill mafia, not be nice to the new guys) but as someone said before someone should be because if we all voted differetly its like voting nothing at all. So, obviously, not voting for myself, who should I vote for?

You are currently the prime suspect in my book. I can tell you now my vote will be staying on you unless something major changes my mind because 23 posts in, (including mine) I am sure your scum. Your excuse "Im new" doesn't hold up with me. This is my first game here, 3 other people are new as well... and your OMGUS vote confirmed it, you actally didn't give a reason beyond the fact you want me at L - 2 as well presumably to take the pressure off yourself... I dont think that reason is sound.

2. leetonicon, I like your erm... logic... if Im getting this right... so Im going to ask you to clarify your statement, so I make sure before I make any wrongful assumptions.

I ask for anyone beyond myslf and Civil Scum to tell us what they think, I also just want to hear from people generally, your past experience with Mafiascum and Mafia in general, for example. This is my first game here, although I used to mod games elsewhere. I also very occasionally play in the real world.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also thanks Ripley, sorry for the doublepost.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”