Newbie 476: Slow, slow, slow, then FAST and over. Damn.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:02 am

Post by mith »

And MeMe, I assume you mean October 26. Unless we're playing a time-travel game and I wasn't aware of it...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:05 am

Post by MeMe »

October 26 it is. :oops:
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:48 am

Post by jmar »

Well, I'm happy with my vote. I guess we should hear from lionden, havok, and SirTornado. Maybe a good idea would be to have everyone post their top two or top three scummiest and go from there? What do you guys think?
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
havok95
havok95
Townie
havok95
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:25 am

Post by havok95 »

jmar wrote:You used something that you admittedly knew was off-base. If I acted defensive to something that was baseless to begin with, you're the scummy one, not I, for trying to turn nothing into something.
Can you show me where I admitted that my accusation was baseless? I was genuinely curious as to why you disagreed with mith after claiming he was a resource for the town. And, how should I have addressed your defensiveness with regard to the stephy_nz question? I thought you were acting defensive/scummy. My other alternative was to put it out in the open, and (if you were scum) completely show my hand WRT my suspicions about you, giving you ample opportunities to construct a lie.

Top three scummiest...that's gonna be hard. I do have a problem with Holy's inconsistency and lack of scum-hunting as pointed out by Mith. I would not be surprised if jmar, Sir_Tornado or mith were outed as scum; I would be if Korlash was. As for lionsden, I haven't seen much but that just means that he hasn't had any errors in logic that I have noticed.

If nothing new happens between now and next Friday, I'll reread the thread for the umpteenth time and make a decision on who to vote for (if I were forced to vote right now, it'd be on Holy.)
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 am

Post by jmar »

Well, what's your definition of baiting then? Because I took that as you were trying to get me to "take the bait" by using something you knew to be sketchy to "trap" me. If you were "genuinely curious," then why didn't you just say so? Where'd the baiting thing come from? Asking a question and gauging a response and "baiting" are two completely different things in my book (and from the responses, most people here agree with me), so maybe that's why we're disagreeing on this. I don't know how you should have addressed my defensiveness, because, as I said, I don't think I was acting defensive. My posts with regard to both stephy and mith are completely rational from my perspective.

But really, I've seen Sir Tornado posting in topics as short as 2 hours ago (on the general discussion board). If I had to vote right now it'd still be havok, but his absence is troubling and shooting him up my scum list in a hurry.
havok95
havok95
Townie
havok95
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 am

Post by havok95 »

I don't see why the "bait" has to be "sketchy". And, like everything else, this has dissolved into an argument about semantics. And I agree with you in regards to Sir_Tornado.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:48 am

Post by jmar »

Well, semantics is a big part of a text-based game, no? Especially when trying to figure out motivations behind what people say. I'm not trying to be a dick to you, I'm trying to understand why you used the term "baiting," because to me it implied that what you used to bait me with was unfounded. Either way, you didn't answer my question(s).
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well my top three would be Sir Torny jmar and havok although I would not vote for either Havok or jmar ATM...

I am not against picking Sir Torny as our deadline kill (If we decide to kill someone) Mostly because he like... never posts anymore...

Other then that I am fully against a lynch on anyone else... In fact I would rather just no lynch then kill because of a deadline now that I think about it... Still... Sir Torny needs to post something...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

Seriously, what happened to Sir Tornado? He like fell off the planet.

And if Jmar is right about the posting thing then it looks even sketchier. Can we like poke him to remind him that he's still in the game or something?

Until this gets sorted out I'm going to list him as my top suspect, but if he does have a legitimate excuse then my top suspect is probably Holy. The problem is I'm not entirely sold on it, though...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 am

Post by MeMe »

Sir Tornado has been prodded
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Holy »

mith wrote:Holy, you kinda glossed over the whole "inconsistency" thing there. Try again.
havok95 wrote:Top three scummiest...that's gonna be hard. I do have a problem with Holy's inconsistency and lack of scum-hunting as pointed out by Mith. I would not be surprised if jmar, Sir_Tornado or mith were outed as scum; I would be if Korlash was. As for lionsden, I haven't seen much but that just means that he hasn't had any errors in logic that I have noticed.
I only could say my "inconsistency" came from my uninformative townie role (you can believe it or not), I'm trying my best to figure out who the mafia, anyhow I already explained more from that 'somewhat vague' list (#138) at: post #152.
And right now that list has changed, havok moved to top list, because of his baiting thing.

@mith: And I'm not that concerned about my wording, I'm just teasing if what you meant such as post #159 to Korlash (ESL thing).

I'll put my vote soon, after lionden post his top suspects too (and I believe I'm one of his suspect, I guess).
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:04 am

Post by lionden_56 »

Holy wrote: I'll put my vote soon, after lionden post his top suspects too .
Do you even read the posts in this thread? Look at the post two above yours...
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:09 am

Post by jmar »

Korlash wrote:First off it is a fairly common newbie mistake to think a no lynch is better then killing off a towny.
Korlash wrote:In fact I would rather just no lynch then kill because of a deadline now that I think about it...
This is unacceptable. No-lynch hurts the town in such a small game.

We have 5 townies. We no lynch today, and then one is killed at night. That leaves us with 4 townies, 2 scum, and we're at lynch or lose. If we lynch wrong, we're down to 3 townies, one more is killed at night and we lose.

So now that that explanation is out of the way, which I assume you already knew anyway, do you want to explain why you're contradicting yourself? You should no better than to no-lynch in a newbie. You fell of my scumdar but you just shot up in a big way.
Major FOS: Korlash
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Korlash »

OMG... If I had contradicted myself I would totally not
Vote: Jmar
right now.

Point a) a no lynch sucks ass

point b) A quick lynch because of a deadline sucks more because if it is a towny everyone who lynched that person gains the excuse "Because of the deadline!" thus we loose the scum/bandwagon factor during day 2.

Stop trying to create a reason for me to be the said quick lynch and get your facts straight.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 am

Post by jmar »

If I was trying to make you the quick lynch, I would have voted you. I think youre overreacting a bit, whether it's because of the deadline or not its still a bad idea and I don't know why you brought it up.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Korlash »

Um... You brought it up... Unless your talking about something else...

jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:30 am

Post by jmar »

I'm talking about the no-lynch, which you brought up in post 182.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ohh ok then...

When I said I would rather no lynch, I did not mean it was a good idea. What I mean is I would rather see no one die then have us kill off a person with only 3 votes when the deadline comes. And seeing as how a deadline is not even in effect right now I'm not too worried.

Unvote:

I think we both just had misunderstandings there... Still glad to see sir Torny got prodded... Hopefully he will either talk or we get a replacement...

jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by jmar »

Fair enough, but
IGMEOY
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Korlash »

ewwww! Get it off me! EWWWWW! SOMEONE HELP! Jmar's eye is on me! It's icky and gross! AWWWWW!

Do you require medical attention or can I just throw it away? :p

havok95
havok95
Townie
havok95
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by havok95 »

jmar wrote:Well, what's your definition of baiting then? Because I took that as you were trying to get me to "take the bait" by using something you knew to be sketchy to "trap" me. If you were "genuinely curious," then why didn't you just say so? Where'd the baiting thing come from? Asking a question and gauging a response and "baiting" are two completely different things in my book (and from the responses, most people here agree with me), so maybe that's why we're disagreeing on this.
I'll answer your questions. Baiting-n.-using something to entice a person to commit certain actions that the baiter wants to occur. It need not be "sketchy" or "unfounded". My choices were a)bait you or b)ask you. Can you not see how option b) gives you a zillion different opportunities to lie? Assuming you are scum, you could just lie in a few different ways if I ask nicely.

I realize that all the town can have is information. That is our only real weapon against scum. I was merely trying to get information. You know that "if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?" thing? It's sort of like that. If I tell you I want to know whether you will act defensive again, you won't, you'll be prepared. If I don't tell you, you will react to a question in a way that is natural. If you are scum, it'd probably be defensiveness. If you were town, it'd probably be logical and reasonable. You're batting .500 right now as far as the stephy_nz and mith questions, but it's good enough for me.

I should point out that the only thing that could've changed this whole discussion is if you responded defensively AS YOU HAD BEFORE. Was that a habit you have or a one-time thing? I don't know how to explain my reasons for "baiting" you any clearer. The fact is, you responded in such a way that I think you're town, at least for now. I don't have enough against you to rationalize a vote, so I'm not going to vote for you.

Does that help?

PS--MeMe, could we get a vote count for this page?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by jmar »

You could ask me without telling me you're looking for me to be defensive again. That's what most people do in mafia games, and they don't call it "baiting."

But either way I guess it's sort of irrelevant to my main points/questions...

A) Do you really believe that I contradicted myself when I called mith a resource to the town and then disagreed with him? That's really grasping at straws.

B) Could you explain why you find my response to your first question and my response to your second question so different? Because, honestly, I don't see it. I think I was being logical on both accounts- then again, a second perspective would be nice. Maybe you're reading my first response differently than I intended.

I don't mean to keep picking on you, but you ARE my vote right now and I want to be sure I'm not lynching a fellow townie (of course, you can never really be 100% sure).
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by MeMe »

The "I Live to Serve"
Vote Count

Holy
(1):
mith

havok95
(1):
jmar

not voting
(5):
havok95, Holy, Korlash, lionden_56, Sir Tornado

Lynch at four.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Korlash wrote: I am not against picking Sir Torny as our deadline kill (If we decide to kill someone) Mostly because he like... never posts anymore...
Deadline kill?

Vote Korlash

Jmar, I know you must have seen me posting in GD topics two hours before you posted here saying I am doing so. However, you would realize, that I haven't posted in the other game we are a part of for a long time either. You were quick to FOS me here because I was active there and inactive here, but the reverse logic does not seem to apply (reverse logic = inactive in both games)

Any particular reason?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

EBWOP: Emphasize "kill" in my last post.
I'm back!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”