Newbie 480: Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:54 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

poro wrote: No I used my own case on all of my arguments against you. Ripley had already suggested you were that kind of person before he linked to the Turbovolver case.
Yes, but you unvoted Ergo and voted me before Ripley used the phrase "deluded townie".
Poro wrote: As I said, I don't think that Ripley's death can be used as evidence. He was a logical choice for just about any scum.
I disagree to an extent, there have been less active players and others who didn't get involved with the Ripley-Chaz-CS thing. Killing off the one person who had made a case against you but went on to defend you would seem a logical choice for you though
Uh why? A logical choice to kill off someone who had gone on to defend me.
You keep saying I'm sure your scum, I'm sure, I'm sure on the second page.

You've sort of been doing what I did to Ripley, retroactively finding everything scummy. Except you've been doing it proactively. Everytime something happens, every time I explain something, you go well "this happened because CS is scum in this way" or "Well of course he said that so now he's scummy in this way".
If you really are town, this game is over.

I like that last post Zeek.

And to be clear, someone doesn't have to point to something that blatant for defense when it can certainly stand on its own. Porochaz is pretty much just pointing to everything D-2 as evidence of my scumminess. He hasn't had time to bring anything else up.

And yes I am sick of IC tips. I want some IC scum-hunting input. Something Ergo has in large part failed to provide.

If Ergo is scum, he DEFINITELY would have been worried about Ripley coming after him D-2. Just read some of Ripley's later posts.

I don't want to rule out Destructor just yet, but I honestly can't see how Porochaz can honestly contend\believe that Ripley being NK'd implicates me more than Ergo.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Civil Scum wrote:
I like that last post Zeek.
Why?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Like it or not, here's another IC tip:

Trying to read anything into the night 1 kill is useless, if you can think of a reason that the kill incriminates somebody then you can be fairly sure that the scum could have thought of the same thing. The only exception to this is where there are claimed power roles from day 1, which we do not have in this game.

I'd go so far as to say that the first person to express suspicion based on the NK is usually scum. The fact that Poro did this in his first post of the day (as well as making a quick vote, which is a big no-no on day 2) makes me suspicious.

I don't get why Zeek is apparently Mr Townie all of a sudden. I'm half way through re-reading day 1 and he doesn't look squeaky clean to me so far.

It would help me to scum hunt if people would actually respond to my posts instead of making a quick jab based on a bad read and then moving on.

Mod:
Can you please prod destructor, since we haven't heard from him on day 2?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Why I liked Zeek's post:
Zeek wrote: But there really was no reason (for anyone) to defend Garn, especially the way he was playing, so hmmmm... I will have to think about it a bit.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:03 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Ergo- You said you liked my post and asked me why I had figured zeek and poro for town.

Which means:
1. The post appeared to you to be atleast a genuine town effort.
and/or
2. It made Ripley look scummy.

When the whole thing started to blow up (in the worst way) you said that you could flip a coin on Ripley or me.

What was it about the interaction that had you believing that one of us was likely scum?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 am

Post by Erg0 »

I liked your post because it looked like you had put some genuine effort into researching Ripley's play, rather than just voting him based on the points that I'd made earlier. I also wanted to make Ripley feel like he was under some pressure so that he would give a decent response to the case. I felt like he'd been fairly dismissive of my points against him earlier because there was nobody else really looking at him at the time, and I was hoping that your post (and my support) would change that.

Ripley's reaction seemed townish to me on the whole. However, my experience has been that his pattern of play on day 1 is usually indicative of scum (or someone with a power role that is trying to hide themselves). From memory, after a couple of posts back and forth between you I started to feel like you were pushing him too hard and for the wrong reasons. I haven't re-read this section yet, but I'll give you a more detailed response on this tomorrow.

Looking on a bit, my post 217 gives one reason why I reacted negatively to your later posts.

I still don't fully understand the Zeek and Poro thing. This was your initial response, I believe:
[qoute="Civil Scum"]The thing with Zeek and Poro keeping their votes on Ergo, and his being at L-2 for so long, and so much attack but no FOS no voting, leads me to believe Zeek and Poro are town, as well as Ergo. I don't have time to go into this, gotta study for a test. Let's just call it a feeling for now.[/quote]

Did you ever clarify this further?
V/LA most weekends.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Civil Scum »

No. It was somewhat flimsy and 100% predicated upon Ripley being scum with Garn or Destructor. As soon as I decided Ripley was town I threw the whole thing out the window.

You were quite composed throughout your long stay at L-2. Especially considering that Destructor was mainly adressing you.
Ergo wrote: Ripley's reaction seemed townish to me on the whole. However, my experience has been that his pattern of play on day 1 is usually indicative of scum (or someone with a power role that is trying to hide themselves).
Grasping at straws has been thrown around quite a bit this game. But this paranthetical is noteworthy in my book. But, yeah WIFOM- Why would Ergo bring this up if he had been the killer.
Ergo wrote: From memory, after a couple of posts back and forth between you I started to feel like you were pushing him too hard and for the wrong reasons. I haven't re-read this section yet, but I'll give you a more detailed response on this tomorrow.
Yeah, I did push too hard. I'd just assume nobody go back and read that section, although people's reactions to what happened are important.

Your answers are believable. But,
I guess I'm still wondering, if I was doing it for the wrong reasons, why you seemed to think the reason(s) were that I was scum. And it still doesn't completely
explain why after the post you linked to, you were ready to vote for either Ripley or me.

I'm trying to figure out if Zeek can fit anywhere, because he has by and large escaped suspicion. I'm not ruling out Ergo/Destructor. Poro/Ergo. Poro/Zeek.

Poro/Leet-Destructor seems unreal. Poro's D-2 play is less impressive than D-1.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Erg0 »

I was still working it out in that post, as I thought you were both doing scummy things and the fact that you were in direct conflict with Ripley made me think of it as a false dilemma for a little while (i.e. one of you had to be scum). You'll see that later on I resolved this and decided that you were probably both town (thought this conclusion is still subject to review).
V/LA most weekends.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Alright. When u said it sounded like townie-townie arguing. Between Ripley and Poro and I. Fair enough.

I want Poro dead.
I wrote: poro wrote:

Lynching Garn regardless of what side towns on is stupid. Were hunting scum and lynching townies is going in the opposite direction. I said I would listen to any argument people had about anyone but yours makes absolutely no sense.

Whatever. I disagree. What side town's on? We're hunting scum and lynching TOWNIES is going in the opposite direction? Garn isn't town by default, and even so I firmly believe in this case it doesn't really matter. There will be nothing to indicate he is town going into D-2. OH AND HES NOT EVEN READING THE THREAD!!!!
To which Porochaz replied
poro wrote: Firstly, judging by the amount of times Ive had to repea myself NEITHER ARE YOU!
Wrong. Anyways, all Poro ever repeated was that he's sure I'm scum for such and such a reason. It's stupid to lynch Garn, etc. Post 210 is when he votes CS. You can see here that "gone too far to be a deluded townie" has nothing to do with the vote. However there are some other flimsy pretenses for switching his vote back to me.
poro wrote: Secondly, can you stop swearing. I dont mind minor swear words or in times when its needed but your swearing for the sake of it just now
I conceded.
poro wrote: Thirdly, we disagree about Garn. I dont think hes very townie but I don't have suspicions the scummy way.
Intenionally vague?
poro wrote: You see fit to attack him for that, I dont currently.
That wasn't just why I was attacking him. Anyways, you weren't attacking HIM becuase you thought the "smart" play was to lynch ME. But you case (which again is just basically a bunch of weak bits you invent and pile and clump together incessantly, like a dung beetle who badly wants the ball to become large enough that it will carry him to finer dunes. You drilling me this entire game does not get you into townsville.
Poro wrote: Fourthly, By the Zeek quote you posted, he seems to think Garn is scummy, you have not said either way but HAVE said it doesnt matter as if he is town he wont be NK'ed. (Which echos Ripley, except Ripley did a much better job at explaining)
So Ripley's belief that I was a deluded townie was good enough for Poro to drop suspicions of Ripley (base don that he had posted negative CS but not Fos'ed or voted) but I am not allowed to accept something Ripley said, because it's just echoing? I responded to Garn about this saying that if I were to explain what Zeek and RIpley were saying, I would have probably just muddied it up. Anyways it doesn't effect the validity of the arguments for lynching Garn whether I repeat them or not.

Another flimsy pretense for being sure I'm scum
poro wrote: Now Ripleys post helped me decide between what I see as my two options just now. Ripley accuses you of spin, you accuse Ripley of word bending, your repeating him.

Now Im happy with my vote...
Ripley did make some fancy posts which served no purpose other to damage credibility or assign "proper names" to things. Notably when he said to Ergo 'ah the power of words, is there any practical difference between looking around for other topics of discussion and trying to change the subject, yet one sounds so much sneakier than the other. Yeah, one does sound sneaky. But Ripley was leaning townie for me around this point, so this minorly-snide comment on what Ergo was doing made no sense.
Porochaz wrote: Ripley, thanks for explaining why your votes not on Civil Scum, I see exactly where your coming from but again, Im not changing my mind. I don't think CS is overconfident, by looking once again at the L-2 situation early on. He may not like your playing style but it jut smells newbie scum screaming for a way out rather than overconfident townie who thinks people with a different playing style are all scum.
So, Ripley is cleared becuase he has good enough reasons to believe I am town. So Poro says, 'alright Ripley fair enough. But your reasons aren't good enough for me.' Yet he doesn't flesh out his case, get other's behind it. Poro just says, 'fine that's a good enough reason why you don't have to vote for him, but I am still going to because I'm sure he's scum, whatever guys I'm not changing.' And then he adds another flimsy piece of "evidence" which didn't exist/wasn't considered prior. Here it was me Screaming for a way out.

Oh and lastly here's a some strange anti-Garn lynch Porochaz-nonsense
Post 240
poro wrote: Because I would still be willing to listen to a Garn or a destructor case...
A few posts later.
Poro wrote: Quickly, I don't believe Im defending him for anything townie/scummy but I personally thought I was defending him from a lynch no matter what the alleigance of Garn was. My thinking is that a town lynch isn't a good lynch ever.
Odd
A few later..
poro wrote: I wont be the quicklyncher theres not enough evidence I think. I stil stand firm that we should look deeper into this but whatever Ripley or destructor, so be it.
He stands firm that we should look into it deeper, which I am reading as 'keep my vote on CS unless someone has "IAMSCUM" hidden in every post'

When asked about adressing the wrong people
poro wrote: Sorry I meant Zeek and destructor as Im not changing...
But want to look into what deeper?

Can I second the prod on Destructor?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

Wow, I really cannot be assed replying to any of this...however as before Im in
bold

Civil Scum wrote:Alright. When u said it sounded like townie-townie arguing. Between Ripley and Poro and I. Fair enough.

I want Poro dead.
really? I would never of guessed...
I wrote: poro wrote:

Lynching Garn regardless of what side towns on is stupid. Were hunting scum and lynching townies is going in the opposite direction. I said I would listen to any argument people had about anyone but yours makes absolutely no sense.

Whatever. I disagree. What side town's on? We're hunting scum and lynching TOWNIES is going in the opposite direction? Garn isn't town by default, and even so I firmly believe in this case it doesn't really matter. There will be nothing to indicate he is town going into D-2. OH AND HES NOT EVEN READING THE THREAD!!!!
To which Porochaz replied
poro wrote: Firstly, judging by the amount of times Ive had to repea myself NEITHER ARE YOU!
Wrong. Anyways, all Poro ever repeated was that he's sure I'm scum for such and such a reason. It's stupid to lynch Garn, etc. Post 210 is when he votes CS. You can see here that "gone too far to be a deluded townie" has nothing to do with the vote. However there are some other flimsy pretenses for switching his vote back to me.
Wrong, I dont know how many times I ve had to repeat "Im not basing my case purely on Ripleys post"
poro wrote: Secondly, can you stop swearing. I dont mind minor swear words or in times when its needed but your swearing for the sake of it just now
I conceded.
point?
poro wrote: Thirdly, we disagree about Garn. I dont think hes very townie but I don't have suspicions the scummy way.
Intenionally vague?
I dont have any feelings either way, whats wrong with that?
poro wrote: You see fit to attack him for that, I dont currently.
That wasn't just why I was attacking him. Anyways, you weren't attacking HIM becuase you thought the "smart" play was to lynch ME. But you case (which again is just basically a bunch of weak bits you invent and pile and clump together incessantly, like a dung beetle who badly wants the ball to become large enough that it will carry him to finer dunes. You drilling me this entire game does not get you into townsville.
the rest of the people playing that game can decide that, I think your scum, Ive quoted posts from you so dont you dare say I invented stuff up about you! I didnt attack him because the case for it was shite! (Ok I swore, it was necassery)
Poro wrote: Fourthly, By the Zeek quote you posted, he seems to think Garn is scummy, you have not said either way but HAVE said it doesnt matter as if he is town he wont be NK'ed. (Which echos Ripley, except Ripley did a much better job at explaining)
So Ripley's belief that I was a deluded townie was good enough for Poro to drop suspicions of Ripley
was I ever suspicous of Ripley, no I dont think so...
(base don that he had posted negative CS but not Fos'ed or voted) but I am not allowed to accept something Ripley said, because it's just echoing? I responded to Garn about this saying that if I were to explain what Zeek and RIpley were saying, I would have probably just muddied it up. Anyways it doesn't effect the validity of the arguments for lynching Garn whether I repeat them or not.

Another flimsy pretense for being sure I'm scum
poro wrote: Now Ripleys post helped me decide between what I see as my two options just now. Ripley accuses you of spin, you accuse Ripley of word bending, your repeating him.

Now Im happy with my vote...
Ripley did make some fancy posts which served no purpose other to damage credibility or assign "proper names" to things. Notably when he said to Ergo 'ah the power of words, is there any practical difference between looking around for other topics of discussion and trying to change the subject, yet one sounds so much sneakier than the other. Yeah, one does sound sneaky. But Ripley was leaning townie for me around this point, so this minorly-snide comment on what Ergo was doing made no sense.
Im sure when I made that comment I was talking about you, believe it or not, Erg0 had nothing to do with it. Maybe I misunderstood, maybe I didnt considering your only bringing this up now, in your quest to look up my backlog of posts
Porochaz wrote: Ripley, thanks for explaining why your votes not on Civil Scum, I see exactly where your coming from but again, Im not changing my mind. I don't think CS is overconfident, by looking once again at the L-2 situation early on. He may not like your playing style but it jut smells newbie scum screaming for a way out rather than overconfident townie who thinks people with a different playing style are all scum.
So, Ripley is cleared becuase he has good enough reasons to believe I am town. So Poro says, 'alright Ripley fair enough. But your reasons aren't good enough for me.' Yet he doesn't flesh out his case, get other's behind it. Poro just says, 'fine that's a good enough reason why you don't have to vote for him, but I am still going to because I'm sure he's scum, whatever guys I'm not changing.'
I made a case against you multiple times, oh look Im repeating myself again...
And then he adds another flimsy piece of "evidence" which didn't exist/wasn't considered prior. Here it was me Screaming for a way out.
thats not evidence thats me stating something

Oh and lastly here's a some strange anti-Garn lynch Porochaz-nonsense
Post 240
poro wrote: Because I would still be willing to listen to a Garn or a destructor case...
A few posts later.
Poro wrote: Quickly, I don't believe Im defending him for anything townie/scummy but I personally thought I was defending him from a lynch no matter what the alleigance of Garn was. My thinking is that a town lynch isn't a good lynch ever.
Odd
A few later..
poro wrote: I wont be the quicklyncher theres not enough evidence I think. I stil stand firm that we should look deeper into this but whatever Ripley or destructor, so be it.
He stands firm that we should look into it deeper, which I am reading as 'keep my vote on CS unless someone has "IAMSCUM" hidden in every post'
well I am convinced I have to say, but I did say Id listen to a case about other people, I did, the case wasnt good enough. If it was a better case then maybe. Just because I say Ill read other peoples cases with interest doesnt mean automatic Fos or Vote

When asked about adressing the wrong people
sorry, didnt you say lastly up above...
poro wrote: Sorry I meant Zeek and destructor as Im not changing...
But want to look into what deeper?
??? K dont understand this bit

Can I second the prod on Destructor?
Well maybe you could actually look at my response to this post and respond to it instead of looking through my back catalogue of posts to try and find something which is allegedly scummy but you (or anyone else) doesn't notice it the first time. The amount of stuff youve been posting about me recently is overwhelming. Its really suprising that not one out of the other 6 players noticed "how scummy I was" the first time. Or MAYBE its the fact your taking every little post analysing and twisting it to beyond recognition. Missing parts out of posts, not reading other parts etc. to try and make me look scummy.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Right your all going to love this... my posts going against Civil, Day 1 (i stopped after the list got beyong 4 and a half pages) feel free to disregard this post everyone this is just to show I did make a case against Civil (I also put in a bit about Ripley not being the basis of my case which I said multiple times but did not put them all in)

Yeah by the way my premade bolded things didnt work to highlight the posts so...

All quotes inside the quotes are made by CS I think
chazerino wrote:
Post no 1,
As I already said, I will not consider changing my vote and until yourself or other people convince me otherwise. This may be the random stage of the game, and if it makes you feel better, its still a random vote with no basis except to make you sweat, which you seem to be doing... I'm not one to change my vote without making sure I, personally, am sure. I will give you a chance however, you seem keen not to be two votes away from the slaughter and have now asked me twice to remove my vote, so beyond the reasoning that "I am a townie and if you lynch me you lynch one of your own" how can I be sure that not lynching you is a benifit to the rest of the group?
------------------------------------------------------
Post no 2,Civil Scum, your vote is purely on the basis Im voting for you, yes? You feel you should not be at L - 2 so early as your new? (however the aim of the game is to kill mafia, not be nice to the new guys) but as someone said before someone should be because if we all voted differetly its like voting nothing at all. So, obviously, not voting for myself, who should I vote for?

You are currently the prime suspect in my book. I can tell you now my vote will be staying on you unless something major changes my mind because 23 posts in, (including mine) I am sure your scum. Your excuse "Im new" doesn't hold up with me. This is my first game here, 3 other people are new as well... and your OMGUS vote confirmed it, you actally didn't give a reason beyond the fact you want me at L - 2 as well presumably to take the pressure off yourself... I dont think that reason is sound.
---------------------------------------------------------
Post no 3, He is responding in that post to me, he then asks straight after to reconsider my vote. He votes for leet. This is a random vote.

I say no.

He asks again.

I say no again.

Because I refuse to budge he OMGUS votes me, which he is allowed to do providing he's doing it for the good of the town and not because Im voting him, which he has admitted.

After his random vote leet is not mentioned once.

The point remains, I responded to his "please can you change your vote" because he asked me, he didn't ever ask leet to take the vote off of him. It would have been ok if he had left it at that or then asked leet and whilst my vote may still be on him he would be looking a lot less suspicious. He looks so suspicous now because he asked a second time and OMGUS me... He also tries to pass off Ripley noticing his uneasiness as non-evidence as he's new. When whilst that may be correct its still able to be used to show he is scum.
-------------------------------------------------
Post no 4,
CS wrote:

As it stands, all I can say for near cerainty are a few pairings I find impossible.

Ergo and myself: All of the suspicions revolving around Ergo's alignment are based on the case that I am town, and he is buddying up to me. I don't see how this case can stand as scum bailing out scum.
Why do you include yourself in this? Why do you see yourself as a potential pairing? That seems a bit suspicous...
CS wrote:
Porochaz and myself: too early, too risky

Leet and Porochaz: also too blatantly coordinated

Ergo and Leet: I find it highly unlikely that Ergo (as scum) would help take the heat off of me and place his vote directly at his scum-buddy's feet. Although, leet has messed up pretty bad...so maybe later I'll reconsider this one.

Zeek and anyone: I can't find a single scummy morsel in Zeek's posts.

Peapod: leaning towards scum for no apparent reasons

Ripley: 100% unsure
Here you go into PBPA... Your doing the impossible partners thing... who's peapod scum with? Id like to know who are your most likely scum pairings?

Your 100% unsure about Ripley, how can you be 100% unsure, that sounds deliberetly confusing... you can't be 100% unsure, you can be unsure but not 100% because by being unsure your struggling between 2 or more choices, thus not being 100%
Post no 5, Im bored of your talk of the General Feeling, your talk in the post above is more attacking Ripley rather than defending yourself.(which kinda adds to your "blaze of glory" thing). You also claim that Garn, me, Zeek and Erg0 are all townies at the moment. To keep us on side perhaps?
---------------------------------------------------
Post no 6, ...well you know, Im going on my feeling rather than "what Ripley thinks". CS, I have argued with you most of this thread, the only thing I think we ever agreed on was leet and his weird thinking behind us. Now Ripleys post helped me decide between what I see as my two options just now. Ripley accuses you of spin, you accuse Ripley of word bending, your repeating him………CS, there are just to many inconsistencies and bad posts, you bombard us with your general feeling and don't say outright what you actually think your counter-arguments to Ripley aren't that great as I highlighted above, you did nothing much to change that. I said this:
You also claim that Garn, me, Zeek and Erg0 are all townies at the moment. To keep us on side perhaps?

and then afterwards you say twice to me
Quote:
Don't be the scalp Poro.
Everything you do is trying to keep the 4 of us on side, but in the wrong way. You would have a better chance of making me think twice if you weren't trying to attack Ripley so much and actually started defending yourself more. In that line your basically saying "your going to look stupid if you dont do as I say".

K another thing,
The thing with Zeek and Poro keeping their votes on Ergo, and his being at L-2 for so long, and so much attack but no FOS no voting, leads me to believe Zeek and Poro are town, as well as Ergo. I don't have time to go into this, gotta study for a test. Let's just call it a feeling for now.
Apart from the general feeling thing which so annoys the hell out of me you then say this:
Ergo, that was just to say that if Ripley manages to get me lynched here, and u survive the night, then town is probably screwed.
Why? I am trying to think of a situation where this statement wouldn't contradict the one above but I cant think of one. The only clear situation I can think of is that you are now saying erg0's scum. If you truely are town, then isn't that going to cast Ripley in a bad light? Do you not think that we may think before we vote?

My vote ain't changing, if Im a "scalp" so be it.

Oh, and your overreacting again as soon as someone puts pressure on you
---------------------------------------
Post no 7, Moving on...
Back with more on some of the other quesitons, and to adress other players besides Porochaz who seems to have made up his mind here. "...the evidence suggests he has gone too far to be a deluded townie"->Okay, what does that even mean? What evidence? Please justify your case before accepting Ripley's crap logic case.
Well I could do the falling asleep thing again, however the evidence could be anything from the first 3 or so pages and the last few... hell theres probably some stuff in the middle thats scummy as well, just to tired to go looking because yes, after a week of lectures, I am actually in real life tired and slightly grounchy, (can you tell?) I HAVE JUSTIFIED MY CASE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! and just to get this clear because I havent mentioned this AT ALL before, Im voting you for my OWN reasons I mentioned in my OWN posts. Ripleys post helped a bit but in the grand scheme of things you were almost certainly the one I was going to go for.

Attacking/defending, you could be typing the words of all the Christmas Carols you know into one long post and Id still say your over reacting. Just cause I say that, it doesn't specify what your doing in relation to other people in the game.

Moving on again...

Ripley, thanks for explaining why your votes not on Civil Scum, I see exactly where your coming from but again, Im not changing my mind. I don't think CS is overconfident, by looking once again at the L-2 situation early on. He may not like your playing style but it jut smells newbie scum screaming for a way out rather than overconfident townie who thinks people with a different playing style are all scum.
----------------------------------------
Post no 8, The thing is though your whole panicky attitude, the whole Erg0 defending/distancing thing and then your attack on Ripley. It all feels scummy to me, now you are the attackee so your bound to say its a weak case but I don't think it is. Me, Ripley and yourself have different playstyles. Me, I stick to my convictions, ok I will prod elsewhere but the main focus of my attack will be on the person most scummy. You, from my perspective, look at post X for something scummy and start picking away at it in the hope you find something decent to build on. Ripley has a less aggressive way, playing slightly more in the background, except when pushed forward, which you did just a wee while ago.

Yep, the case against Erg0 is affected by the whole thing with you and forms a large part of it. Except, my case against Erg0 is, to a large extent, fueled by you. So I look at you both and go "hmmm, I wonder how Erg0/Civil will react with Civil/Erg0 gone. How the dynamics will change? Now I can choose either one of you for the vote on this basis however it would be better if I went for the one looking more scummy from elsewhere to have a better chance of catching scum. That, my friend, is currently you.
-----------------------------------------
Post 9, Not quite. I think that although your acting just the way the example Ripley made (turning everything someone says into something scummy, finding not enough support so moving onto someone else) your doing it to look more deluded townie than scummy now (possibly not before Ripley mde that example) I found your sudden switch onto me very interesting. Just as if you had moved onto anyone else in the game, coz lets face it, you were pretty dead set on Ripley for a while...
Post 10, Well this was an interesting one. "I find chaz scummy, I did find Ripley scummy so... Im gonna go vote for Garn. He could be scum, he could be town for all I care. Theres no point in having him around. I just saw the suspicion mount up on him and jump on the impending bandwagon early."
Done.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

On this second post. Sure, These are the various places you've accused me in some form or another. There is some back-tracking though which doesn't come across in this simple list. Like when u decided I was more townie than scum, until fingers came back my way. When you cited my "over-eager" acceptance of Ripley's deluded townie observations as the basis for your vote. Although you had re-voted me prior to this idea.

Anywho. I don't think you can use your attack on me as a defense of yourself.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:10 pm

Post by pablito »

destructor was prodded
Sup, later.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

And your case is a big long string of ever-changing CS=Scum. You being sure I'm scum for whatever reason you can come up with next doesn't make.

As for the "Screaming for a way out"-sure just a statement. But completely irrational.

You say you were never suspicious of Ripley. Although, you kind of said you would be if I was lynched and turned up town. You wouldn't go on to bet your life on it, but it would have strenghtened my case. You said so.

Were you telling me if I am town then to not worry? Looks a bit like you suggesting that I should be okay with martrydom. But lynching town is bad. Especially if all it does is slightly strenghten a case on someone you are not too sure about.

You reak. All the stuff you've stated, claimed, whatever you want to call it, has been adressed by myself or otherwise. And u just switch it. Find a new angle.

I don't even want you to reply to my posts anymore. I would like to hear from someone else.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

CS wrote:On this second post. Sure, These are the various places you've accused me in some form or another. There is some back-tracking though which doesn't come across in this simple list. Like when u decided I was more townie than scum
I wasn't sure whether you were nooby/scummy, when Erg0 came along I saw him as more scummy than you, if you look at the PBPA I still site you as probably the second most scummiest there.
, until fingers came back my way. When you cited my "over-eager" acceptance of Ripley's deluded townie observations as the basis for your vote
maybe I should have put all the times I said Ripleys post was not the pure basis of my vote, although that post would have been twice as long
. Although you had re-voted me prior to this idea.

Anywho. I don't think you can use your attack on me as a defense of yourself.
never did think I could use it as a defense against myself, I was trying to show why I was voting for you, that my suspicion of you was throughout this thread, my reasons, that Ripleys post was not the basis of my own vote...

Civil Scum wrote:And your case is a big long string of ever-changing CS=Scum. You being sure I'm scum for whatever reason you can come up with next doesn't make.
not going to come up with any new ways I will stick to the ones I have.

As for the "Screaming for a way out"-sure just a statement. But completely irrational.

You say you were never suspicious of Ripley. Although, you kind of said you would be if I was lynched and turned up town. You wouldn't go on to bet your life on it, but it would have strenghtened my case. You said so.
that was cicumstantial if you were town, then Ripleys long post before he said he thought you were town would come under suspicion, just as I would guess I would for many of my posts against you, unfortunetly we are in a situation where we cannot look at it like that now, you have not been lynched, I havent been lynched or Nk'ed either therefore any suspicion about what dead person X might be if alive person Y is town/scum is irrelevant

Were you telling me if I am town then to not worry? Looks a bit like you suggesting that I should be okay with martrydom. But lynching town is bad. Especially if all it does is slightly strenghten a case on someone you are not too sure about.
Garn, anyone? I was never telling you not to worry, just that if it happened then what position I would be in

You reak. All the stuff you've stated, claimed, whatever you want to call it, has been adressed by myself or otherwise. And u just switch it. Find a new angle.
Well I could say the same about you, this seems to echo what I said in the second part of my last paragraph in post 334. So I say your twisting words against me, you say Im twisting words against you, its basically a deadlock. I personally have said all I can on this subject methinks

I don't even want you to reply to my posts anymore. I would like to hear from someone else.
Right back at you, I'm bored of this argument between us, were never going to resolve this, hell its not even for us to resolve. So other people, I hand my mike over to you, unless CS makes another post about me, I will not be posting anymore about him. I'm going to do what he suggested and look at other people, destructor in particular, my vote won't change anywhere near soon but it can't be harmful to look at other people just now and revise my thoughts on them. Maybe ask a few questions to different people. It is more than a 2 person game. I hope CS agrees and does the same
Wow Ive spent over 90 minutes in this thread in the last 3 hours, Ive had enough! Good night.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I'm not twisting words or just digging up posts. I'm showing that you have had strange reasons for being suspicious of me the entire game, and they constantly change. I'm drawing a common thread. U make it sound like I shouldn't be re-reading the game.
poro wrote: ...but Im unlikely to stay as involved though till D2
if I survive
Isn't that an odd thing to include at that point. I personally didn't feel that Porochaz was a likely lynch canidate anyways.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Civil Scum wrote:I'm not twisting words or just digging up posts. I'm showing that you have had strange reasons for being suspicious of me the entire game, and they constantly change.
well I think Ive been constant, but there you go
I'm drawing a common thread. U make it sound like I shouldn't be re-reading the game.
I can understand why you think that and I just got lynched in another game for re-reading through the thread and making a post based my re-read, if you can link any past point brought up then fine but if your stating something new that was from 5-10 pages back then how come noone noticed it before? Maybe because it isn't scummy at all?

poro wrote: ...but Im unlikely to stay as involved though till D2
if I survive
Isn't that an odd thing to include at that point. I personally didn't feel that Porochaz was a likely lynch canidate anyways.
I never meant lynch I meant Nk'ed and you never know with mafia. If for instance you aren't scum, NK'ing me wouldve condemned you
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Christ on a bike Poro. Nobody noticed it is not the whole story. Also, do you expect us to have all the evidence we need to weed out scum in the first five pages.

Or is EVERYONE just supposed to be sure in the first 2.5 pages?

It is just slightly slighty possible are that you are an outright insane townie. In which case we're pretty well screwed.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Civil Scum wrote:Christ on a bike Poro. Nobody noticed it is not the whole story. Also, do you expect us to have all the evidence we need to weed out scum in the first five pages.
I don't get this the evidence from my case comes from throughout the thread right up to the present day, so whilst this covers the first five pages it also covers other stuff afterwards, which I have mentioned before. You are taken things at random throughout the thread now, having not mentioned them before.

Or is EVERYONE just supposed to be sure in the first 2.5 pages?
Never said that, and I dont particularly no where you got that from

It is just slightly slighty possible are that you are an outright insane townie. In which case we're pretty well screwed.
Why? Its only you who has expressed direct suspicion of me. Others have said they look into me but never said Fos/Vote Porochaz and if, lets say, for this example, you are scum does that make me insane still?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

I'm going to try to pop my head in inbetween boxing rounds here... this is what I've gotten out of the last several posts between you two:

I think it's pretty scummy by Poro to try to attack CS because he went back and read the thread again. That's what you are suppose to do when a new day begins. You find out someone's alliance (in this case Ripley and Garn) and then you go back and see how that changes your views of their interaction with everyone.

No one found anything scummy during Day 1 because every single thing done could be viewed as EITHER person being mafia. But we now know that two people were townies. There is no dispute over that. So now everyone can go back and read the thread and they don't have to consider "is Garn saying this because he's mafia?", "is Ripley?"

This needs to be done by CS especially, as he was the main (and maybe only?) person who really considered Ripley as possible mafia. So I don't see why you have such a huge problem with him going back and doing that, unless it's because you think he'll find some real good evidence to prove that you are scum?

Erg0 is making me nervous too. He has been extremely quiet so far... he's just sitting back and letting you two go at it, but occassionally popping his head in to let us (or at least his scum partner?) know he's still here. It seems to me all he is doing is trying to APPEAR helpful by posting about "IC tips" and asking for a prod. There's this huge battle going on between Poro and CS that I've commented on a few times already (including this post), but if you look at Erg0's posts it's almost like he's just trying to ignore it completely. His posts have all been responses (or clarifications) about posts that happened on Day 1. We're almost 3 pages into Day 2 and he hasn't said a word on the "current events" going on.

destructor doesn't worry me as much because he appears to be legitimately MIA, so if somehow he is mafia he's not going to be around for a quick lynch. But if Erg0 is mafia, he's right here, hiding in the background... that's not good!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Currently rereading the thread again. Noticing several things about Destructor's play that I like. Zeek isn't automatically the "squeaky clean" princess, but still looking pretty town so far.

Another quick note on Poro's play:

Several times, with me being quiet after pressure (I post explaining it) and he brings it up again later, and early with Ergo.
Ergo wrote: I'm more interested in why he's (Porochaz) quoting a case that I already responded to without acknowledging the response.
He does this a lot. Sticking with old material and evaluating it on its own without considering later explanations and responses.

This one specifically is a really good point made by Ergo. One point against Poro/Ergo. (that is- not in favor of them being partners)

I can't say if this type of thing is 100% scummy coming from Poro, or if it's just really annoying. I can't believe he said he was sure I was scum in post 23.
The sure comment, he claims was to keep the pressure on AND a slight mistake.

He later says (again) he kept the vote there to keep the pressure on whilst the whole thing splintered off into other people (as he had hoped). He votes Ergo (largely based on Zeek's case and pulls back his suspicions of Leet a little bit later)

Sorry, everytime I go back through Poro just sticks out like a sore thumb.
I'm going to continue the read through and ignore Poro.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by destructor »

First thing I want to note is my displeasure at Zeek's hammer on Garn. Especially in light of the fact that I'd been inactive and had said I had more to contribute. Also, with 48 hours before deadline, I didn't see the rush. While discussion was still going, hammering like that was the most questionable and anti-town thing Zeek's done this game. Granted, he did provide some reasoning, but it still earned him some seriously anti-town points from me and I'll be going over his posts with a fine-tooth comb.

Nevertheless, I'm still alive and so I can say what's on my mind. Actually, I don't like having to comment on everything retrospectively, which is pretty much what I've done all game. So I'll try to be brief and then start participating with current discussions.

I took issue with a few things that CS did before I made it back. His vote on me (156), I thought was reactive and reckless. He had posted issues he had with me, but I don't think it was a good move to not vote at the time (implying he's waiting for a response or more evidence) then put a vote on me, only accompanying it with the word 'Bah'.

In Post 170 CS speculated on Poro's intentions. I don't know why he chose to do this, since, like Erg0 to CS early on, I don't see why he should have been assuming the best of Porochaz. In the rest of the post, CS seemed to begin backing off on his suspicion of me. I thought it was notable that this came after Erg0 had unvoted me. In 178, this continued and he also began digging into the Ripley thing, asking Erg0 to present any case he had, which Ripley pointed out.

183 confuses me. After posting that he's increasingly suspicious of Erg0, he seems to post something that is almost defensive of him. In this post he also begins his offensive on Ripley. 192 was also odd, since he unvoted me without any explanation, and in the same post wrote that he found Erg0's unvote strange. In his next post he even goes on to suggest reasons that I could still be scum. His unvote was really odd, and I'm surprised no one else thought to say anything about it.

Post 200, CS suggests a Ripley/me connection and says he disagrees with Ripley on a few points of question about Porochaz. Again, he seems to be assuming the best of Porochaz. They are moments like this, when viewed in retrospect, that gave me the impression that CS was playing like a 'tunnel-visioned' townie. The reason I say this is that here, CS seems to be leaning towards thinking Poro is pro-town, but later in the day, when Poro began more of an assault on CS, CS seemed to turn around and start noticing more scummy things about Poro. This seems to have carried over into Day 2.

CS raises some pro-town points in favour of Erg0 tied in with attacks on Ripley in Post 218. I still think Erg0 is likely scum, and the lynch and night kill don't do anything to quell this suspicion. If anything, it only makes it seem more likely. In light of this, I think 218 is notable and is further evidence of a Erg0-CS Mafia. Yes, I realise that in Day 2, CS has noted suspicion of Erg0 but I'll have to read more carefully to see to what came of it and where it may have been going. I do recall CS saying he found certain parts of my case not-so-solid. I'm not sure if he ever elaborated on this.

CS's flip on Garnasha (from town to scum) was certainly notable and not to be forgotten. He explained that this was due to a change in perception of players alignments. It could easily have been a mistaken on his part, to not explain this when he voted for Garnasha, but could just as easily been a backtrack. I also noted CS' almost incessant declaration of Zeek's pro-townness, which may again be the 'tunnel-vision' rearing its head.

Porochaz decided CS was scum during Day 1:
Porochaz in Post 223 wrote:In regards to CS I guess I just think the evidence suggests that hes gone to far to be a deluded townie.
His elaboration later:
Porochaz in Post 227 wrote:I don't think CS is overconfident, by looking once again at the L-2 situation early on. He may not like your playing style but it jut smells newbie scum screaming for a way out rather than overconfident townie who thinks people with a different playing style are all scum.
Maybe calling this an elaboration is generous. I'd say this has the same issue as CS's 'feeling' about Ripley had. Instead of a 'feeling', it's a 'smell' this time. Perhaps I should reread Porochaz's posts on CS, but nothing Porochaz said struck me as incredibly convincing 'evidence' of CS' scumminess, at least not before he actually voted him. Their exchanges seemed to get a bit personal and not so filled with content, than ranting.
Porochaz in Post 237 wrote:You know Im actually considering unvoting you, why? because what Ripley said about twisting posts its true. You couldnt get a solid enough case against him for other people to back up so your moving onto other people, me. Making you look more like deluded townie rather than scum. Not that Im actually going to change my vote, I just seem to notice your following Ripleys thoughts about you a little to well and obviously.
What? You were considering unvoting, thought CS may well be a deluded townie, but decide you'll keep the vote on him anyway? This quote is a mixed message. What exactly
was
you stance on CS at the time?

I think CS was actually right about Porochaz asking a lot of questions, yet not really changing his game after they were responded to. Having skimmed Day 2's posts, it seems as if Porochaz may be acting as tunnel-visioned about CS as CS was about Ripley.

Essentially, coming into Day Two after the two deaths, my perception of Erg0 has changed and I don't believe they've done much to affect my case (which may even be something to think about!). But Erg0 still hasn't responded and it
is
beginning to look like he's sitting back and letting the town point at each other instead.

I think I just called the kettle black. LOL :oops:

I would actually feel pretty comfortable right now putting my Day 1 vote back on Erg0, but I will at least wait for a response from him and finish reading Day 2.

I hope that didn't sound too much like rambling. But I'll no longer be the 'pot'. I'll catch up on the rest of Day 2 and be posting regularly from here on. =)
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by destructor »

EBWOP

[quote=]Essentially, coming into Day Two after the two deaths, my perception of Erg0 has
[n't]
changed...
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Erg0 »

CS has been swinging back and forth on me for the entire game. For every post you point out with him defending me, I can point out one where he attacks me. This is actually one of the primary problems that I have with his play.

It's strange that Zeek just accused me of only responding to stuff that relates to me, then you accuse of the opposite, yet both of you manage to find me suspicious.

And you're right, it
is
the pot calling the kettle black. In any case, my re-read is done (Zeek, you may recall that I said I was working on that and promised a big post, hence why I've just been hunt-and-pecking for the last couple of days) and you'll be getting my write-up this evening. After that we'll talk again about who's sitting back.
V/LA most weekends.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by destructor »

Erg0 wrote:It's strange that Zeek just accused me of only responding to stuff that relates to me, then you accuse of the opposite, yet both of you manage to find me suspicious.
I accused you of only responding to stuff that
doesn't
relate to you? When?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”