Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Lowell »

Happiest Sadist wrote:
someone2 wrote:
These are just suppositions that can give the town information. I know that the townies are not always voting for scum players,they can make mistakes, I'm not stupid like that. But forget about the townies and think about the scum. If a player is scum, his scumbuddies will be tempted to defend him, if a player is town, scum would be tempted to attack him. So SCUM have BETTER CHANCES to defend Lowell if he's scum, and SCUM have BETTER CHANCES to attack Lowell if he is town. I know that scum can attack their scumbuddy and defend townies, but i think it would be rather stupid for a scum to attack his buddy when he's at lynch-1, but that's just my opinion, I don't know everything.

This is true only if the scum believes that his behavior can swing the town's decision to lynch that day and in the next couple of days. If a lynch is inevitable scum will defend a town player or finish off a scum player to appear pro-town. The scum realizes that if he mounts an unsuccessful defense against a correctly identified scumbuddy or manages to drive support against a townie this will draw suspicion the next day.
HS disappears, then reappears to meta-game. He casts a wide net so as not to make any real opinions clear, doesn't vote, and then shuffles away to a corner again.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:04 am

Post by kuribo »

I kinda gotta agree with Lowell to a point. HS, you've been really quiet, and you've only popped in from time to time, reiterating things that people have already said, and then engaging in quite a bit of WIFOM while making allusions to what a scum would do.

Let's see what happens if I
Vote: Happiest Sadist
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Lowell »

Man am I bored today. I'm sitting here waiting for people to post so I can inanely respond...

Anyway, let's get this HS wagon moving, please. The guy deserves to have to PLAY the game, rather than sniping from the distant rooftops with random meta-gaming theory.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

Votecount 8 is brought to you by Club Bada Bing: Mafia Free since 2006!

Lowell 3 (rite, Happiest Sadist, LoudMouthLee)
someone2 3 (CTD, Setael, Ibaesha)
Happiest Sadist 2 (Lowell, kuribo)

Not voting: death_omen, Streeflo,someone2, Rishi
Last edited by The Fonz on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:22 am

Post by kuribo »

Mod: You have me listed twice, I unvoted from Lowell and later voted for HS. That makes two for HS

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

Bump.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:32 am

Post by kuribo »

Right about now would be a good time for the non-scum to stop lurking.

Seriously, ALL of the lurkers can't be scum, come on and help the freaking town.

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Rishi »

I have no idea what to say. I am not convinced that Lowell or someone2 is scum and I don't feel like I have enough information on Happiest Sadist for a vote. I was hoping he would say something in his defense so I could gauge the reaction.

What happened to rite?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:08 am

Post by Happiest Sadist »

I know I haven't been saying much, however there isn't much to say. I wasn't going to even respond when only Lowell was voting for me because there was no argument to answer, and he would probably have changed his vote in a short while anyway. Now, as to the charges that I said nothing new, I admit that I haven't.

I have been arguing against Lowell because he is suspicious, and he is, whoever waid it first.

As to the last comment, I wanted to say that now, before it could be seen as defending or attacking someone. By stating it now as theory, I hope to head off some bad arguments on day 2. It is WIFOM reasoning, but because of WIFOM reasoning, it does not seem to me that who voted to lynch a player on day 1 is a strong indicator of who is scum under these circumstances. Someone2's post could be read to imply that we would find the scum on the 'lynch Lowell' side if Lowell is town and the 'don't lynch Lowell' side if he isn't.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Rishi »

Happiest Sadist wrote:I know I haven't been saying much, however there isn't much to say. I wasn't going to even respond when only Lowell was voting for me because there was no argument to answer, and he would probably have changed his vote in a short while anyway. Now, as to the charges that I said nothing new, I admit that I haven't.

I have been arguing against Lowell because he is suspicious, and he is, whoever waid it first.

As to the last comment, I wanted to say that now, before it could be seen as defending or attacking someone. By stating it now as theory, I hope to head off some bad arguments on day 2. It is WIFOM reasoning, but because of WIFOM reasoning, it does not seem to me that who voted to lynch a player on day 1 is a strong indicator of who is scum under these circumstances. Someone2's post could be read to imply that we would find the scum on the 'lynch Lowell' side if Lowell is town and the 'don't lynch Lowell' side if he isn't.
You have two votes and you still think there is nothing to say? I agree this game has been moving slowly, but I wouldn't say there's NO information.

The basic points against you is that you don't take a stance on anything. And now, you're just simply re-iterating points other people have made. In fact, with Lowell, you're not even disguising that you're just taking someone else's argument.

Then, you revert back into Mafia theory.

I think what I would like to see is you making a fresh argument against Lowell. Justify why your vote is still on there. Even if it feels like you're repeating yourself, go through the motions.

Vote: Happiest Sadist
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:49 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Hi.

Various circumstances have lead to me not being able to access MS for a while, and I apologize.

But I am back now, and eager to get back into my games. I'll get up to speed ASAP.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Happiest Sadist »

Okay, here goes with the requested rehash of why I am voting for Lowell still. Lowell began the game by making unjustified accusations. When asked to back up the accusations, instead of providing justifications he responded with aggression and abuse. He seemed offended that people wouldn't take his suspicions as proof.

When he was close to being lynched, he defended himself in an inappropriate manner. His main defenses were not explanations of why his behavior was really pro-town. Instead he pleaded with us to please start persecuting other people. Since then he has been following any other argument against anyone with a vote, which shows he is not concerned with finding out who is scum. He is only concerned with making sure someone else gets lynched. This is scummy because town's goal is to find and lynch scum. However scum only needs to deflect suspicion off of themselves.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by death_omen »

I think we have partly come to a stand still, however i do agree with u sadist to an extent what really was the factor that made us go cold on lynching Lowell. But this i suppose refers to the fact that there wasn't really a case on Lowell he was just lurking.

Mod
: Can we get a prod on everyone who hasn't posted in the last 72 in an attempt to get this game kick started again as the deadline is approaching.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:04 am

Post by kuribo »

The reason most of us went cold on lynching Lowell is because we seem generally confused right now, nearly everyone playing this game is lurking---- some have been since the start--- and in the past 3 pages, other people aside from Lowell have been acting scummy too.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Lowell »

This is a really really lazy day. Folks who are lurking need to get off their asses and start voting.

No one has been in any danger except me the entire day, and I'm about to be lynched out of sheer inertia. This is ridiculous. There are plenty of other people worthy of a vote, let's see some action here...
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:46 am

Post by kuribo »

Well, Lowell, you're tied with someone2 at the moment, but Streeflo, rite, and LML haven't posted in nearly like a month.

Rishi and rite wanted a deadline, and now rite is idling the time away.

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Rishi »

I think a deadline is good. We need to move the game forward. But we need to DO SOMETHING.

Lowell - You are vote hopping a lot, but I generally agree that most of the people you've been voting for actually have done suspicious things.

But you say, "There are plenty of good lynch choices for today." How about a list? I don't like how you're keeping your options open to jump on ANY bandwagon. Why not start a case against someone?
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:43 am

Post by someone2 »

I'm really sorry about that, I received a new game on my Wii console and merely forgot about this game. Going to post soon.
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by someone2 »

Deadline arrives in four days, and more it approches, more I am confused. I have no idea what to say nor for whom to vote. Rishi brought a good point in his last post.Happist Sadist explained his reasons why he was voting for Lowell, and it seems protown to me, even if it is merely the same reasons than everyone for voting Lowell. Alot of people are lurking or posting vague stuff, so it is difficult to have a good point of view on them. With the time left, I think it would be hazardous to start another bandwagon because someone not so scummy could be lynched by the arrival of the deadline.What can we do now, except waiting for the deadline? I think my vote will return soon on Lowell if he doesn't answer Rishi's last post question...
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Rishi »

Yeah. I find it somewhat hypocritical that Lowell is complaining about people wanting to lynch him due to inertia, and yet he's not helping move the game forward.

However,
Unvote
. I don't think HS is the right lynch for today.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by kuribo »

I think we should start seriously considering rite. It's been weeks since he's posted, and he had asked for a deadline. These two things combine to make at least one point toward him being scum, and I know others have raised doubt about some of his comments.

rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 pm

Post by rite »

All I can offer is my apologies and the fact that I'm currently abroad in Europe, and I've recently been very busy with play production (which luckily just ended, so I should have some more time to post).

It appears we're at an impasse. We were at an impasse a month ago. It appears not enough people agree enough on the scumminess of any person to lynch them. Conversation probably is going to get us nowhere, because this is day-start day one, so there's not going to be any hard evidence coming from anywhere.

Lowell has consistently acting evasive, obnoxious, and slippery, misdirecting blame and refusing to answer questions. He was within one vote of a lynch, yet somehow we let him slide (and I'll admit, this is probably my fault too) without even a role claim.

I'm sure most of you aren't "totally convinced" of Lowell's guilt. But you aren't going to be totally convinced of anyone's guilt on a crappy day start day one where over half the population is lurking and nothing is happening. Let's lynch Lowell, have our first night, then use some cold hard evidence and look back at the utter clusterf*ck that is this day one so we can really have a game of mafia.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Lowell »

rite, your logic is terrible.

I may not be driving the discussion single-handedly (is that what you need?) but at least I'm HERE, and I have responded to everything that I deem important (note the last four words there) and voted for SEVERAL other players I found suspicious.

The whole point of me voting for several players was to get this game MOVING. I got attacked for that, now you're attaking me for NOT moving the game forward. This is ridiculous.

How's this for an idea. Instead of lynching me, let's go for a lurker, who we KNOW is useless.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”