Newbie 476: Slow, slow, slow, then FAST and over. Damn.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:31 am

Post by jmar »

...and I messed up the quote tags, and also wrote "they nobody." Doh. Preview before you post kids.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:33 am

Post by MeMe »

Deadline's in 23 hours and 27 minutes
Vote Count

jmar
(1):
Korlash

Korlash
(1):
jmar

not voting
(3):
havok95, lionden_56, Sir Tornado

Three to lynch before deadline -- two at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prodding everyone except jmar
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:38 am

Post by lionden_56 »

Sorry, sorry, I had a big job yesterday (left immediately after class and didn't get back to a place where I could have posted until like 1 am, and then just felt like passing out.
Anyways, Jmar's argument feels better to me, but the fact that Korlash had the guts to claim cop still holds some weight. I'm going to postpone my vote just a little bit longer. It'll be coming after I get back from work tonight.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:24 am

Post by jmar »

All that I ask is that you get in before the deadline... if we're gonna lose I'd just rather it be because I didn't end up convincing you guys that Korlash is scum, not because you weren't here while his partner lynches me right before deadline.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Ok, people, we'd better get this right.

I tend to agree with jmar right now, mainly because I did find some of Korlash's end D1 play scummy. Looking back of Korlash's claim, I begin to feel that he required a bit of prompting from jmar rather than come out with it outright. I think we should check his early D2 play. If he is cop and indeed get a guilty on jmar, he would come out strongly against jmar on D2. That's what I expect cops to do when they get guilty; go through the play of the person they got guilty on, and check if he did anything scummy. Did Korlash do anything like that?
I'm back!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:31 am

Post by jmar »

Is it so gutsy though? I think we can agree it's not that gutsy if Korlash is town. So, I'm gonna operate assuming he's scum, like I know he is anyway. There are a couple possible scenarios that could play out after he claimed...

Korlash claims cop, accusing me. There's no real cop. He's sitting pretty.

Korlash claims cop, accusing me. I counterclaim. Now it's basically my word against his, except he has the added benefit of a partner. He only has to convince one of the two remaining townies that he's telling the truth, and that's three votes.

Korlash claims cop, accusing me. Somebody else counterclaims (worst case). Now he's got two people who know, 100%, that he's scum. (Me and the cop that counterclaims). Still, he's got his partner voting with him, so it's two against two. He still has a good chance of convincing the final townie that he's telling the truth.

Now look at it the context of the situation. I was bringing a pretty hard case against him. He wasn't defending himself well, and he got pretty upset at one point. The cop claim is the only play for him. Before he claimed cop it looked for sure like he was going down. Also, how likely is it that he investigated me the night before (even he says he almost investigated mith, which seems more likely in my opinion if he really was a cop giving their arguments Day 1)? Then at the beginning of the day, he doesn't do anything. He waits for someone to make a move against him, and that person just happens to be the guy he found guilty? Please. Let's say he hypothetically was town. Was I really so scummy Day 1 that he thought he could bring me down without revealing that he was cop? I'm sure he'll claim he was looking out for his own survival in not claiming immediately, but I think it would have taken a lot more guts to claim right away. The way he did it was clearly out of desperation. Was it a risky move? To an extent, but again, he ended up in a much better position than me.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:32 am

Post by jmar »

My post was in response to lionden, btw.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Korlash »

sir Tornado wrote:I tend to agree with jmar right now, mainly because I did find some of Korlash's end D1 play scummy. Looking back of Korlash's claim, I begin to feel that he required a bit of prompting from jmar rather than come out with it outright. I think we should check his early D2 play. If he is cop and indeed get a guilty on jmar, he would come out strongly against jmar on D2. That's what I expect cops to do when they get guilty; go through the play of the person they got guilty on, and check if he did anything scummy. Did Korlash do anything like that?
Honestly all I could think to do was joke about killing him every chance I got... I wanted to wait until activity picked up but that never happened... So no, I didn't...
Jmar wrote:Anyways, Jmar's argument feels better to me, but the fact that Korlash had the guts to claim cop still holds some weight. I'm going to postpone my vote just a little bit longer. It'll be coming after I get back from work tonight.
It isn't gutsy. Being the actual cop I know what I am doing and so the only counterclaim I was afraid of was his partners. I didn't actually want to claim today, I jsut wanted to focus more on Jmar and really really take everything he said under a fine tooth comb and what not but the lack of activity pretty much sealed the deal we HAVE to lynch a mafia and so here we are. :|

Adn even though I know yoru going to accuse me of "Only looking at one part blah blah blah"...
Jmar wrote: I'm sure he'll claim he was looking out for his own survival in not claiming immediately, but I think it would have taken a lot more guts to claim right away. The way he did it was clearly out of desperation. Was it a risky move? To an extent, but again, he ended up in a much better position than me.
Yeah it was out of desperation. I was desperate that there was a deadline coming and we would LOSE! So the only option was to claim. If I was mafia I would have kept quiet and let the deadline roll in. At least I get to say I did something for the town this game! My sacrifice will not be in vain! <3
Jmar wrote: I was bringing a pretty hard case against him.
*sigh*... I'll say it again.. I cannot remember you ever bringing ANYTHING good against me today aside from that one time I actually made a mistake... I have told you repeatedly to give me whatever the heck I "didn't answer" or what not yet you refuse too... You keep coming back to "Korlash's answers were BS and blah blah blah!" because that is your only saving grace. I guess your partner is too afraid to speak up because he fears the town will believe me and then he will be outed tomorrow... But I know he will be speaking up before the deadline... Only question.. will he Bus? Or will he go for the win?
Jmar wrote: Then at the beginning of the day, he doesn't do anything. He waits for someone to make a move against him, and that person just happens to be the guy he found guilty?
It's not a bad argument... The mere fact that there were only three active people all day is something you have in your favor. And it is something I could not prevent, nor can I actually defend myself on it. I got lucky with my investigation. My suspicions were right. Yay me! But I didn't "Not do anything" I waited for people to show up. And when I say only three people, one of which I knew was scum, and a deadline coming up o.O I was like... "F*** this!"

And which one of us actually made the first move I wonder... I could have sworn it was me...
Jmar wrote:That makes no sense. The town will have time to discuss partners tomorrow, assuming we make it there and they lynch you, and we'll have a lot more info from who voted for who. Considering we're a day away from deadline and the only people voting are me and you, this isn't what we should be focusing on right now, by any stretch of the imagination.
Your kidding right? After today I doubt the town will have time to do ANYTHING tomorrow... Damn lurkers... Which ever one of you is town between Havok and Sir Torn you suck... Ok maybe not but still... This deadline hurts you know...

Also a quick little "I think so and so is the partner" will not take up a whole lot of time here... I think your trying wayyyy to hard to make me sound like the one wasting our time. But whatever, I too would jump on little things to save my ass...

Ok i am going to do a once over Day two and see exactly what these so called good cases Jmar had on me are. I will post my opinions and then hope you guys come to the right Decision. Either way it has been fun playing with you guys! Go us! ^^

Seriously... Post back in a minute.. *Ok more like 30...*
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ok I was going to skip it but I feel it may be a deciding factor...
Jmar wrote:Also, how likely is it that he investigated me the night before (even he says he almost investigated mith, which seems more likely in my opinion if he really was a cop giving their arguments Day 1)?
First off I would not be so dumb as to say that if I weren't telling the truth. I know my feelings on Mith were well known, and I truly believed he would be alive today... But I still had that nagging feeling about you. And your hammer sealed it for me. Well that plus the fact if He was alive today and we had a NK that went through I would have been able to use that as a pretty good reason to hound him today.

I guess that is about it... Reread thing up next... I promise..

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by jmar »

Korlash wrote:
Jmar wrote:Anyways, Jmar's argument feels better to me, but the fact that Korlash had the guts to claim cop still holds some weight. I'm going to postpone my vote just a little bit longer. It'll be coming after I get back from work tonight.
It isn't gutsy. Being the actual cop I know what I am doing and so the only counterclaim I was afraid of was his partners. I didn't actually want to claim today, I jsut wanted to focus more on Jmar and really really take everything he said under a fine tooth comb and what not but the lack of activity pretty much sealed the deal we HAVE to lynch a mafia and so here we are. :|
I don't have much to say to this. It's pretty simple, Korlash is gonna maintain he's the cop and I'm gonna maintain he's not. I'd just like to say though that the quote was actually from lionden, for everyone reading along.
Korlash wrote: Adn even though I know yoru going to accuse me of "Only looking at one part blah blah blah"...
Because you HAVE done that. Multiple times. I think it's a good point to bring up, because it's TRUE. Novel idea, huh?
Korlash wrote: Yeah it was out of desperation. I was desperate that there was a deadline coming and we would LOSE! So the only option was to claim. If I was mafia I would have kept quiet and let the deadline roll in. At least I get to say I did something for the town this game! My sacrifice will not be in vain! <3
What? The deadline was 4 days away! And we had been arguing for 1, 1.5 at most. And there you go again with the noble BS.
Korlash wrote: *sigh*... I'll say it again.. I cannot remember you ever bringing ANYTHING good against me today aside from that one time I actually made a mistake... I have told you repeatedly to give me whatever the heck I "didn't answer" or what not yet you refuse too... You keep coming back to "Korlash's answers were BS and blah blah blah!" because that is your only saving grace. I guess your partner is too afraid to speak up because he fears the town will believe me and then he will be outed tomorrow... But I know he will be speaking up before the deadline... Only question.. will he Bus? Or will he go for the win?
Is it my only saving grace? Who's the one whose going back to revise his answers now that the deadline's upon us? I think it's your only saving grace at this point. Yeah, I do keep coming back to that because I believe it to be true. I'm not gonna plant your quotes into your lap and give you a chance to revise them, because I know you're scum, and nothing you can say is gonna convince me otherwise. Your answers have been there for three days now if you wanted to revise them, but you're only going to them now that the deadline is upon us. If anybody has any doubt as to what I'm talking about, look at the page. He'd skip some of my points, address only part of it, answer on of my paragraphs with one sentence, and oftentimes conceded points to me. And if you're wondering why "my partner" hasn't "spoken up" or counterclaimed, it's because I don't have one.
Korlash wrote: It's not a bad argument... The mere fact that there were only three active people all day is something you have in your favor. And it is something I could not prevent, nor can I actually defend myself on it. I got lucky with my investigation. My suspicions were right. Yay me! But I didn't "Not do anything" I waited for people to show up. And when I say only three people, one of which I knew was scum, and a deadline coming up o.O I was like... "F*** this!"
You've been using the deadline as a crutch for scummy behavior since the first one was placed on it. Get a new defense.
Korlash wrote: And which one of us actually made the first move I wonder... I could have sworn it was me...
Well, I feel that I brought the case against you first after I reread. In my head, I was about ready to vote for you. But you did indeed make the first vote. In terms of "move" I was talking about coming out and accusing someone of something scummy, but yes, you did place the first vote.

Korlash wrote: Your kidding right? After today I doubt the town will have time to do ANYTHING tomorrow... Damn lurkers... Which ever one of you is town between Havok and Sir Torn you suck... Ok maybe not but still... This deadline hurts you know...

Also a quick little "I think so and so is the partner" will not take up a whole lot of time here... I think your trying wayyyy to hard to make me sound like the one wasting our time. But whatever, I too would jump on little things to save my ass...
There is one issue at hand, and it's between you and me. Both of us have stated who we think is each other's partner. It's up to the remaining town to find out for sure, but we're in trouble with lack of input from other users already, as you stated. And a quick little "I think so and so is the partner" without reasons, is pointless, especially because from what lionden and Sir Torn have posted, they can't decide between the two of us... so how the heck would they be able to decide now who the partner is? This was a pointless and distracting statement. (BTW, a bunch of little things is how you find scum- and I also jumped on quite a few big things that you barely addressed, like your statement about trying to survive Day 1 without being too noticeable, or the tons of blatant contradictions you've made)
Korlash wrote: Ok i am going to do a once over Day two and see exactly what these so called good cases Jmar had on me are. I will post my opinions and then hope you guys come to the right Decision. Either way it has been fun playing with you guys! Go us! ^^

Seriously... Post back in a minute.. *Ok more like 30...*
Now that lionden and Sir Torn both posted they were slightly leaning toward me, you go back to reevaluate my cases, even though you've had three days to do so. I'm sorry, but I think your scumminess has been blatantly obvious when it comes to things like this. Then again, I guess I'm biased since you've confirmed that you're scum to me.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well seing as how Jmar's death still leaves another day, I figured I will point other things out as well...:

Post 290:
Havok wrote:Joking aside, I think this thread deserves a reread from me, so I may post tomorrow. Also, I was inactive because I have been very busy with schoolwork--I don't know whose arguments this helps or hurts because I haven't read the arguments of the last couple pages very closely (I'm saving that for a reread), but I think it's important to get it all out there.
Well? Were is it?

Post 295:
Meme wrote:If I don't see a serious uptick in posting, you all will be getting a deadline (bad thing for town in lylo).
The treat of the deadline... Here is about the time where I figured.. Oh... I cannot do the same thing I did yesterday... And so I was beginning to see the need for outing Jmar...

Post 299:
Jmar wrote:Well I don't have too much to say I guess. Logic says that the scum were probably on Holy's bandwagon. I realize this pretty much points to me. I'm town, and mith was obviously town. So that leaves me with Sir Torn and lionden. I don't find lionden too scummy, he's been very townish so far. Sir Torn has been lurking, but I guess that's his playstyle to an extent. He hasn't given me much to call him scummy besides being the last one to vote for mith. Like I said before, havok is still probably my top suspect, and Korlash I guess you're after that. But at lylo, I'd much rather go with the safer look at the people on the bandwagon. So I guess we should take a look at Sir Torn. I don't know, I have to reread.
Honestly I see think you did this to try and Bus Sir Torn... This is where I first began to think of Sir Torn as your most likely partner... As throwing his name out there would be safe for you.

But you also put Havok as number one... So are you like me and would throw your own partner's name out there or would you be safe and say your partner is number one but try to get th focus on another? Hmmm... I didn't think of that one before...

So far neither of us has really come up with a case on the other...

Post 300:
Korlash wrote:... So you basically say "I think the people on the badndwagon are the ones we should focus on" More or less. then say me and havok are the two most scummy... Yeah... thats not making sense at all...
As I said I figured it was time to focus on you and thus here we have me taking a small crack at you. It is more sarcastic then an actual attack but I felt I needed more out of you if I was going to make a case without a claim.

Post 302:
Korlash wrote:seriously I feel Sir Torn or you would be the most likely choices FROM the Bandwagon.. and because I am me I feel Havok is the most likely choice form OFF the bandwagon... Hmmmm...
This is all off his post 299 where I said I felt he was outing his partner. Thus why I felt Sir Torn was the other one most likely. *Although Lionden hasn't really done anything has he...*

then I finish with:
Korlash wrote:]I actually feel both scum have a higher chance of being on the wagon... Which is why I have Sir Torn and you Jmar as my top two... No offense you know... Dang *Deadline*gunna make me go all Non votey again isn't it... Frick... Quick lets lynch someone now =P (Kidding...)
Again focusing mainly on you and who I think your partner is.

Still no real cases brought up.. Interesting.. However I feel post 300 was the first "shot" taken. Although I bet you can argue post 299 was a small "shot" at me, but I don;t really think it was. So your statement I went after the person who came after me seems... Um... Bull crap to me.

Post 305:
Jmar wrote:That's how you feel, because you're not on the bandwagon. Since I am, that eliminates one of the people off of it, and I don't feel lionden is scum. I'm certainly not saying you and havok aren't scum, but the safe play is to lynch somebody off the bandwagon. The least likely scenario in my book is that you and havok are scum-buddies and both managed to stay off the bandwagon. If you are, you've done a good job so far. I'd like to vote Sir Torn right now to put some pressure on him, but it opens it up for a quick lynch, so I can't really.
This is one of the weirdest and most confusing post I ever read...

"Since I am, that eliminates one of the people off it." We already dicussed this so I will not bring it up again, but I said why this was odd to me.

Now that I reread it this is odd too:

"I'm certainly not saying you and havok aren't scum, but the safe play is to lynch somebody off the bandwagon."

If you think it is safer to lynch someone off the bandwagon, why even mention you are not saying we are not scum? It just seems oddly worded to me... So you ARE saying we aren't scum? Or you aren't saying we are scum? I just don't get it...

Post 309:
Lionden wrote:No, didn't mean that at all. Just because the other two aren't posting doesn't mean they aren't watching the thread.
Ok first you try to say I MAY be scum because I was the first to post and you disclude both Havok and Sir Torn because they haven't posted.. now you are saying it is likely thy re watching the thread... sounds like a small change of heart. Just throwing that out there in case people want to use the fact I posted first against me today. Also it shows a somewhat small contradiction on your part. Well better termed "Changed mind" I think...

Post 310:
Jmr wrote:It might not be though. It's very possible havok and Sir Torn are lurking, waiting to pounce, especially after a chance to talk at night. If I make a vote, I don't want to have to keep looking back at the thread to make sure nobody puts a second vote on him. Talking, they could have exchanged personal contact info, like AIM screennames or something. So the scenario could go (for arguments sake lets say you and havok are scumbuddies)

1) I place a vote on Sir Torn.

2) I go to bed.

3) You see this, chat up your buddy havok on AIM.

4) Both of you come in and place your votes.

5) The town loses Sad

Farfetched? A bit, but a vote's not worth the risk IMO at this point.
Again you mention Sir torn... But it is from your previous example.. However you claim you both to be town in the example and both me and havok to be scum. (I understand it was hypothetical)

I think this could be a time where you are trying to make your partner look more "innocent" But again, it was all hypothetical.. But even that does not automatically mean I can disregard it...

So far all I have is stuff on who could be your partner.. and the reasons I think it is Sir Torn...

We could just all take a gamble and vote sir Torn here. If he turns out scum then even if when I die tonight we still have Jmar's investigation and we will win... But I would rather go for the sure thing myself... To late to debate this I think.

Post 318:
Meme wrote:Day 2 deadline time. It'll hit at 11 a.m. EST Friday, November 16 (about one week from this post).

You know the rules -- this time it'll take two votes at deadline, three before. You read that right.
Shoot...

post 320:
Jmar wrote:This is ridiculous. We shouldn't have a deadline right now, they should be replaced if they don't respond to their prods- the majority of us are posting, but we can't really get anywhere without them. Anyways, if they don't show up I'm ready to vote Sir Torn.
I asked "Why him over sir Torn?" and you answered:
Jmar wrote:I've already said it, but basically because Sir Torn was on the bandwagon. It's the safer bet.
... In post 305 you said:
"but the safe play is to lynch somebody off the bandwagon." Now you say it is safer to lynch someone on the bandwagon.. Hmmm... Contradict much?

Post 328:
Sir Torn wrote:Jmar, I have one particular problem with your theory about me being scum because I was on last lynch. It doesn't actually apply. Stoofer's law is applicable only in the instances where a lynch takes place, instead of a deadline, and I am not scum really.
Hmmm... he comes in after being gone almost forever just to say something that is false... that is just great... He certainly isn't making himself look better in my eyes...

Post 329:
Lionden wrote:This may be reaching a little, but my thoughts right now a slightly leaning in Korlash's favor...because of the speed of the night actions and because of the fact that he didn't vote for Holy. Its a great defense to be able to say "I'm not scum because I wasn't on the bandwagon for her." and as scum he would have known she was town and knew that argument would have been legit.
.. I assume by in my favor you mean to vote me... And Again you bring up the nights speed... You keep changing your mind... Have they been watchign the thread as lurkers or what?

Post 332:
Jmar wrote:My reread brought up something I find very interesting... neither Korlash nor havok voted for anybody on Day 1
Oh that is great. your entire case against me starts off with a lie. Yeah... You have such a solid case![/sarcasm]
Jmar wrote:Although he posts a lot, Korlash hasn't contributed much of substance in the long run. He repeatedly stated he didn't find Holy all that scummy, but at the same time didn't really pick a side or attempt to prevent her lynch. And once the deadline was on, he practically flat out refused to make a move on anybody. The person pushing him to make a vote? Mith, who turned up dead.
And your point is? I did not see enough reason to lynch her, and so i was against it. Also I did not want to tip any of the scum's radars so I stayed more or less off of the other people. I actually find it funny the only person I voted was the scum XD

As for Mith... He was obvious, doc protection, wanted to investigate, didn't... That more or less sums up everything we have ids cussed about him.

Post 334:
Jmar wrote:No, I'd rather you have looked at everyone's posts an formulated an opinion/case against someone. I don't mean to say all your posts are worthless, but you mostly commented on what other people brought up rather than actively scum hunt.
That is pretty vague... No examples to support it.. also commenting on what people say is the only real way to scum hunt. You analyze what they post and formulate discussion off of it. What... Should I have commented on what people ate? Or what they read? How about the color of their eyes?

Post 335:
Korlash wrote:...Vote: Jmar

Major FoS: Sir Torn
Ok so more then half of these are my personal feelings on the matter, but seeing as how we are in LYLO I have to go with my gut. And my gut says Jmar and Sir Torn...
This was me trying to do it without claiming. I gave reasons. Gave my suspicion of yoru partner, and even tried to play it off as a "gut feeling". Not the most perfect way to get my investigaton out but the deadline was coming up and I needed more from you.

I wont talk about the reasons.. you can see post 335/336/337 for the discussion on them.

Post 336:
Jmar wrote:Really, there was no othercandidate for lynch.
So you automatically assume the town started the wagon on her.. nice... That is exactly what people should automatically believe and use as reasons to suspect the town.[/sarcasm]

Seriously, I don't feel much like rereading that far but I am willing to bet you had something to do with Holy's bandwagon, if only it was attacks on her and not a vote.
Jamr wrote:Korlash proposes a no lynch. This trips my scumdar bigtime, since it contradicts what he said before. We argue, but again, I drop the issue as Holy continues to look scummy.
... When did I do this? I said I would rather not lynch anyone then lynch someone for gay reasons because of a deadline. I did not say the No lynch was the best thing to do and I never voted No lynch.

I am beginning to see a pattern, your case began with BS, ha some BS in the middle, then more BS! I wonder how it ends? Me being lynched because of BS? I hope not...
Jmar wrote:So basically, everytime I thought I saw something with havok or Korlash, I inevitably started to look back at Holy. Her mistakes were too big to ignore, and I think I allowed havok and Korlash to slip through the cracks.
Or did you just continue to push her wagon because you knew she had a good chance of being lynched? Nice... You drove the wagon that lynched a town, and even dropped the hammer... Yeah your obviously a town yourself! [/sarcasm]
Jmar wrote:Ahem... when did I repeatedly go after Sir Torn? I mentioned multiple times I'd like to hear more from him, and I didn't like that he was lurking. I wouldn't say I repeatedly went after him, not in a major way. I'm not sure what this has to do with the rest of your point though.
Oh my mistake... Literally. I said your only good cases was when I messed up that one time, forgot about this one. So you have had TWO really good cases against me. Each was a time I was mistaken. I cannot defend myself for my mistakes like this so I figure it is all a matter of trust. I just hope I am showing just how little Jmar has on me... and that it is enough to convince you I am telling the truth. If not... Good game I guess...

Jmar wrote:As for why I hammered Holy, it's pretty simple. I harped on havok all day , about how I thought he was scummy, with little effect. People barely took a second look at her.
WHAT? You just said "She was the only lynch candidate" How is that possible if "People barely took a second look at her." ??????
Jmar wrote:How's this for fence sitting? I'll start the wagon. Looking over both days, I'm ready to Vote: Korlash
Ok fair enough, I voted you so you vote me back. I can see both scum and town doing this so it proves nothing.
Jmar wrote:
1) His jokes seem like a defense mechanism. I've noted this since the beginning. (okay, not the strongest argument... they get better)
Seem like a defense mechanism? i hope you have proof.. I have been joking long before I needed a defense for anything...
Jmar wrote:2) His unwillingness to vote... as outlined in my last post.
No evidence to vote, didn't want to lynch town, didn't want to get on mafia's bad side. All three played an equal part that ended with me VOTING YOU! Hello? I did it twice even... Sure on didn't count.. but I still did...
Jmar wrote:3) His lack of substance to his posts. Sure, he's made a ton, more than anybody here, but do they really do anything? Is he actively scum-hunting? No. He comments on what others say, or makes a joke.
Ehh sure I post a lot of nonesense, but I post about the same amount of good stuff as you do. So I find it reaching to say my posts "Lack substance." SOME do... yes... and those can be chalked up to the "Hi guys I am still here" thing Lionden said. Other then that, nice try trying to make it look like i am worthless BTW... If you were abel to meta me (Only have two games done XD) You would see I post this way in every game. So It is more or less BS.
Jmar wrote:4) Connection with havok, who I believe to be his scumbuddy: It looks like they're actively not trying to have one, they've just been kind of "meh" toward each other. Korlash barely responded to any of my posts about havok- neither have really made a judgment call either way to each other. Notice Korlash's assessment of havok in his last post- "question mark." He doesn't say anything either way, which is what he's an expert at. With havok's first post, Korlash calls him "smart." havok appears to want to create the impression of not being partners by insulting Korlash's puns.
Notice the number of posts Havok has had this day: 1...

I think that qualifies for a "?" His first post was 14 pages ago... In the random stage... great piece of evidence you have there...

And the puns thing is just pathetic... is that the only bit of "linkage" you find between us? Man.. You really are desperate aren't you...
Jmar wrote:5) His reaction right here. It took someone shining the light on him to make his first post of real substance (I'd venture to say it's definitely his longest of the day, I could be wrong). If I've been his top suspect all along, why no vote? (The one after I hammered Holy doesn't count). His playstyle does almost a complete 180 here- he's no longer the nice guy who makes jokes- the claws have come out.
Again, voted you twice yesterday.. That is three times you have used that as evidence against me and all three times you have been wrong. Your "solid case" seems to be tilting a little.. I think You should take some of the BS off the top...

The reaction you mentioned was the thing about how I misunderstood yoru post. I mentioned it earlier, we have already covered it, if it is fine with you I will skip it as it will end up us both repeating ourselves. IF you need me too i will go over it again but because I have so little time.. i move on!

Post 338:
Jmar wrote:My apologies for missing your vote. Still, I don't think it really destroys my argument, since you unvoted three posts later. It was barely noticeable, didn't even show up in a vote count.
For the amount of times you brought it up, yeah it more or less discredits you a lot... At least that is how I feel. If you are constantly wrong on something, or have been basing a lot of your case on me on a misunderstanding, your case is more or less destroyed. At least that is how I saw it.
Jmar wrote:So, you wanted Holy lynched then? I mean, that's how I'm reading it. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted Holy lynched too, but thus far you've represented yourself as not wanting that to happen. You didn't want any other bandwagons forming at deadline, right?
I answered this but I feel I need to say it again. I did not want to lynch anyone yesterday because I saw no evidence too. If I had seen enough on someone I would have voted them. In retrospect I saw enough on you to vote twice. So I guess I have good instincts.
Jmar wrote:No, it's not straight-forward. If you're scum, which I believe you are, you do want somebody lynched. And you look better off in that regard if you do not vote. Thus you can want somebody to be lynched without voting for them.
This is too WIFOM... I can turn it around to say you just said you look worse for being on the wagon, and how you wanted her lynched and blah blah blah. Asian I hate WIFOM and any subforms of the word. (I think this example is actually less WIFOM and more "You may be mafia becuase you did not do what I think a mafia should have!")
Jmar wrote:Now you said, and I quote again, that you didn't vote to prevent any last second deadline hopping. If you didn't want Holy lynched, then wouldn't you want a deadline hop to somebody else? And if you wanted nobody lynched, then were you advocating a no-lynch?
This is where you ask the exact question I had just answered. And also where I snapped. (I guess that part of you case was good too.. So I snapped, and my two mistakes.. So far that is all you have...)

Furthermore this is the second time you claim I was "Advocating a no lynch!" I knwo I never did this because I know how bad a no lynch is. If you can show me a post where I said "Hey guys how about us not lynching anyone and just ending the day now!" with any sincerity behind it then yeah, I guess you have me contradicting myself. If not, You have twice claimed I have contradicted, and twice been lying. That is so far 5 times you based your case on me over false information. I guess your "solid case" needs work eh?

Dang i keep forgetting to put my cop tells in.. anyways:

Post 342:
Jmar wrote:This is the scummiest thing you've said so far. That's the scum's goal. The town's goal is to hunt scum.
In response to me saying:
Korlash wrote:All I wanted was to get to a night without making myself look too bad.
Which is one of the first times I actually started bread crumbing my Cop thing. However I have recently learned bread crumbing only really works like the day before you claim and so I admit this was not the best play for me. Like I said, first time being cop here.
Jmar wrote:It certainly is if you've been a nice guy making jokes all game, and you suddenly have an outburst here. In fact, I think that's a huge tell. Your playstyle suddenly shifted completely. If you're so confident you've caught scum and I'm not bringing up a good case against you, you shouldn't be having outbursts.
You think I'm a nice guy/ T_T Oh that is so nice! ;_;

Ok that aside... I did change my style, I had to become more aggressive. Otherwise Deadline would have come and we would have lost.

Post 347:
Jmar wrote:I'm not the cop, so... If there is a cop out there, DO NOT CLAIM right now. Wait for Korlash to say he's the cop, since that seems to be where he's going with "confirmation." Let's take this scum down.
I like how you pretend to care about the cop's secrecy until the scum has claimed. Setting it up so my claim looks bad eh/ Not a bad strategy. I would have went with the pre-claim myself... but whatever...

Post 349:
Jmar wrote:Look at my posts and Korlash's on this page. Read them carefully. You'll notice he has very little defense for any of my accusations, and his case against me is weak. Think about what you would do in his situation. His only play is to claim cop. That's something you can lie about. He can't make stuff up to get me lynched other than that, because it's not there. Almost every argument he brings up is soundly defeated. Lastly, do a reread. Look at the connection between him and havok. You'll find what I'm saying is true.
... Yeah... Your posts have been soooo helpful.. If by helpful I mean you lied a lot and were mistaken a bunch of times and reached a lot also... yeah... Really helpful...

post 351:
Jmar wrote:The list is basically the entire last page. You responded to most of what I said, but you didn't really provide explanations for any of them. You would quote a bunch of sentences and respond to maybe one, and none of the reasons I saw convinced me of you not being scum. In fact, most of the points (the ones I specifically listed 1-5) you basically conceded to me (1, 4, 5 specifically, your defense for 5 set up your cop claim because you were starting to realize you'd been caught). If you want to backtrack some more and change some of your responses, go right ahead.
Um... so instead of giving me actual reasons... you say "My list is the last page" where every reason you gave was BS.. ok so your case on me is BS... I got that.. as for your points.. I think I covered them here... so.. Yeah... Done with this quote...

Wait no I'm not... I always hate when someone says "IF you want to backtrack and change your stuff go ahead!" Because then if the person ever does change his stuff the guys can claim things like "See I told you he was going to do that" or whatever kind of attack you can think to make from that. So I find you setting that up a bit scummy. So far I have no real case on you other then my investigation... But I guess every little bit helps right...

Post 359:
Havok wrote:Sorry guys, I've been swamped with school and work. I'm going to do one huge reread tonight (in addition to the other 800 things I need to read) and I'll hopefully have a post for you. I'll try to stay on here over the next few days to see how the deadline plays out.
Second post of the day... Nice... [/sarcasm]

Post 360:
Sir Torn wrote:Korlash is claiming a cop? I am fairly sceptical about this claim... Korlash, WHY did you investigate jmar if you are indeed the cop?
He hammered, I had major suspicions of him yesterday, I decided against Mith, etc...I have more or less explained them before in this post...

Post 362:
Jmar wrote:@Sir Torn: This is where his unwillingness to take a stance on anybody yesterday comes into play. He set himself up perfectly for a cop claim today. He could theoretically have investigated anybody last night because he didn't really definitively have a suspect yesterday.
That is one way to look at it.. I already said my reason for not voting... It all comes down to which side you believe...

Post 366;
Jmar wrote:You're missing the part where that's something easy to lie about, while my reasons are foolproof- you can check the thread if you don't believe me.
*laughing*

... ohh... Man i am funny sometimes.. "there is at least one fool... " Classic...
Jmar wrote:because in everyone else's eyes, there's still a good chance you're scum
You can't speak for everyone else.. However, this should be the case anyways. As either you or I am scum. I guess it comes down to who seems scummier.. You or me... *Psst... It's you BTW...*

Post 374:
Jmar wrote: You're the one who flipped out and started dropping f-bombs, then claimed cop.
F-Bomb actually.. One time.. And for the record I at least "*" it didn't I? I know it is still a moot point but i do try to keep vulgarity off this site...

You seem to be pushing at one of the only small pieces of real evidence of any kind you have. Even thought, personally, I think bad language can come from both town and scum equally.

That is about it for now... I hope I get this up before something bad happens... anyways I leave it in your guy's hands now. Take a look at this, see if his case still holds weight. If so, I guess I did my job poorly. And I guess it will be my fault we lost.

I know I am asking you guys to trust me a bit here... Btu that is what we need to do... We are a team. There is a small bit of trust we have to extend to each other. So you have to choose between trusting me and trusting Jmar... Good luck guys! Like I said.. been a great game so far... <3

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Korlash »

Jmar wrote:Now that lionden and Sir Torn both posted they were slightly leaning toward me, you go back to reevaluate my cases, even though you've had three days to do so. I'm sorry, but I think your scumminess has been blatantly obvious when it comes to things like this. Then again, I guess I'm biased since you've confirmed that you're scum to me.
Yeah, I am not going to sit back and lose because your too much of a dick to reevaluate your case.. sorry... After all that I am fed up with his BS right now... I apologize for the rude comment but I am not in the mood right now...
Jmar wrote:Well, I feel that I brought the case against you first after I reread. In my head, I was about ready to vote for you. But you did indeed make the first vote. In terms of "move" I was talking about coming out and accusing someone of something scummy, but yes, you did place the first vote.
This all comes down to your opinion of the first "accusation" as I feel my post 300 is first. Yet you can also argue 299, or that the actual arguments began later. I think it all becomes a moot point though. Sorry I brought it up...
Jmar wrote:Because you HAVE done that. Multiple times. I think it's a good point to bring up, because it's TRUE. Novel idea, huh?
I only quote and talk about things I feel are worth my time. If I missed something, or left it out I felt it was either pointless or I could actually say nothing about it. I don;t meant to 'ignore' anything but sometimes I fear that is how it appears. I believe I did an ok job in my last post of not doing that though.

I just think the attack "You are ignoring this this and this" is kinda pointless becuase NO ONE ever quotes EVERY SINGLE THING in an entire thread... only what they feel is quotable.
Jamr wrote:What? The deadline was 4 days away! And we had been arguing for 1, 1.5 at most. And there you go again with the noble BS.
True.. but neither Havok nor Sir Torn had posted more then Three times sense day two began.. so... Yeah.. I had my fears of the deadline coming and going... And if your saying you didn't then I think that only proves you are scum.

As for my noble BS, I guess it is a bit over the top eh? But i like that I found a scum. I actually feel I did something instead of my normal BS joke posts all game. But I will stop because it is only clutter right now I suppose.
Jamr wrote:Is it my only saving grace? Who's the one whose going back to revise his answers now that the deadline's upon us? I think it's your only saving grace at this point. Yeah, I do keep coming back to that because I believe it to be true. I'm not gonna plant your quotes into your lap and give you a chance to revise them, because I know you're scum, and nothing you can say is gonna convince me otherwise. Your answers have been there for three days now if you wanted to revise them, but you're only going to them now that the deadline is upon us. If anybody has any doubt as to what I'm talking about, look at the page. He'd skip some of my points, address only part of it, answer on of my paragraphs with one sentence, and oftentimes conceded points to me. And if you're wondering why "my partner" hasn't "spoken up" or counterclaimed, it's because I don't have one.
Ok then we both have an issue with the other. I won;t reread because i think the attacker should be the one who has to sum up his case, while you are just plain lazy and know your cases are all BS... I guess I am happy with the outcome. If people still believe you it is no longer because I didn't try.
Jmar wrote:You've been using the deadline as a crutch for scummy behavior since the first one was placed on it. Get a new defense.
... Believe me or don't... I really do become a different player when a Deadline comes.. And seeing as how we lose come this deadline and the amount of inactivity we have.. I feel I did the right thing.

Ok I now feel I have addressed EVERYTHING I need to/ am able to stand right now... So I hope I have been able to show you I am right. If not, I am sorry guys X.X I failed you...

lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

wow...what a post.
The only real problem I have with it is that it's soooo sarcastic and it feels argumentative. I mean, don't misunderstand me, I know you're trying to make a case against Jmar, but a lot of the wording and ways you make your argument is very snide. That really strikes me the wrong way.

However, the thing that I really, really don't like was this:
Sir Tornado wrote:Ok, people, we'd better get this right.

I tend to agree with jmar right now, mainly because I did find some of Korlash's end D1 play scummy. Looking back of Korlash's claim, I begin to feel that he required a bit of prompting from jmar rather than come out with it outright. I think we should check his early D2 play. If he is cop and indeed get a guilty on jmar, he would come out strongly against jmar on D2. That's what I expect cops to do when they get guilty; go through the play of the person they got guilty on, and check if he did anything
scummy. Did Korlash do anything like that?
Why ask the question? Why not actually give an answer? To me, this post absolutely screams partnership.

As much as I really don't like the way the big long Korlash post comes off, I don't like that post even more...so (I really hope I get this right...)
Vote: Jmar
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by jmar »

Wow... I'm in the middle of studying for an exam right now and have no time to post, and I'm sure you did this close to the deadline for a reason...

lionden, I can only hope you're Korlash's partner I guess, and havok shows up by deadline. But you're lynching me based on Sir Torn's post? Really? After all of that? For me, I think the answer was implied, but meh. I don't really get how it screams partnership, but if that's how you want to decide the game that's your choice.

I'm gonna TRY to do a PBP response to Korlash's ultra-post... maybe tonight at around 3 AM, or maybe tomorrow about 1 hour before the deadline... so watch for that, sorry I can't get to it sooner but this is absolutely the worst time for me school-wise.
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by lionden_56 »

I think it screams partnership because you two were in an argument and Torn comes in and doesn't really give any definitive facts or an argument. He basically asked everyone else to examine Korlash's play, without ever actually doing that himself. It feels like he's trying to tip people towards your argument...although I'm confused why he hasn't committed to it himself.

And on a side note: I didn't post at that time because it was so close to the deadline. I posted then because that's when I got back from work. If you read my post prior I explained that.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Post by jmar »

I really need to stop using unclear pronouns, LOL. I was referring to Korlash. I guess thats what happens when he's the only person you talk to for most of the game.

As for Sir Torn, I guess if that's what you want to believe then believe it. I can't really defend his play, because I didn't make it, except for that if it feels like he's trying to tip people toward my argument, it's because he probably believes in my argument. But hey, I can't speak for the guy. All I can do is tell you you're making a big mistake.

All right... taking a break from studying *rubs eyes*... time to tackle Korlash and maybe salvage this game...
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:37 pm

Post by jmar »

Korlash wrote:Well seing as how Jmar's death still leaves another day, I figured I will point other things out as well...:
I have nothing to do with havok, so I wont address this.
Korlash wrote: Post 295:
Meme wrote:If I don't see a serious uptick in posting, you all will be getting a deadline (bad thing for town in lylo).
The treat of the deadline... Here is about the time where I figured.. Oh... I cannot do the same thing I did yesterday... And so I was beginning to see the need for outing Jmar...
Except that's not true either... you didn't really do it until after I reread.
Korlash wrote: Honestly I see think you did this to try and Bus Sir Torn... This is where I first began to think of Sir Torn as your most likely partner... As throwing his name out there would be safe for you.
You could say that. Scum do that often. But I was suspicious of Sir Torn, because he wasn't posting and he was on the bandwagon. My reread changed my opinion. You could apply that logic to everytime somebody is suspicious of everyone.

[quote="Korlash]
But you also put Havok as number one... So are you like me and would throw your own partner's name out there or would you be safe and say your partner is number one but try to get th focus on another? Hmmm... I didn't think of that one before...[/quote]

So you admit you'd throw your partner's name out there... interesting, since that's what I've accused you of doing. But this quote says nothing. This is what I'm talking about- a perfect example of you saying something without substance. You ask a question, then drop it and don't answer it. Which is it?
Korlash wrote:So far neither of us has really come up with a case on the other...
Your opinion. I think my last two pages have been pretty convincing.

Post 300:
Korlash wrote:... So you basically say "I think the people on the badndwagon are the ones we should focus on" More or less. then say me and havok are the two most scummy... Yeah... thats not making sense at all...
Korlash wrote: As I said I figured it was time to focus on you and thus here we have me taking a small crack at you. It is more sarcastic then an actual attack but I felt I needed more out of you if I was going to make a case without a claim.
You've played this passive-aggressiveness most of the game (making a joke like "lynch jmar"). I find it quite scummy, much less so than putting yourself out there and making a case against someone.

Post 302:
Korlash wrote:seriously I feel Sir Torn or you would be the most likely choices FROM the Bandwagon.. and because I am me I feel Havok is the most likely choice form OFF the bandwagon... Hmmmm...
Korlash wrote: This is all off his post 299 where I said I felt he was outing his partner. Thus why I felt Sir Torn was the other one most likely. *Although Lionden hasn't really done anything has he...*
Again you say nothing. You say 3 out of the 4 possible suspects could be suspects. You could cite this post if you were saying havok and Sir Torn were scumbuddies too. You don't say one is scummier than the other, you group us all together, then point back to it and say "see! I thought he was scummy!"
Korlash wrote: then I finish with:
Korlash wrote:]I actually feel both scum have a higher chance of being on the wagon... Which is why I have Sir Torn and you Jmar as my top two... No offense you know... Dang *Deadline*gunna make me go all Non votey again isn't it... Frick... Quick lets lynch someone now =P (Kidding...)
Korlash wrote: Again focusing mainly on you and who I think your partner is.
And also saying you're gonna go "non votey" again. But that went out the window as soon as I began thinking of you as a suspect, right?
Korlash wrote: Still no real cases brought up.. Interesting.. However I feel post 300 was the first "shot" taken. Although I bet you can argue post 299 was a small "shot" at me, but I don;t really think it was. So your statement I went after the person who came after me seems... Um... Bull crap to me.
Okay... it doesn't seem that way to me. I won't argue 299 was a small shot against you, to be honest you hadn't even really entered into my thoughts as a scum candidate yet. How is 300 a "shot?" You disagreed with me. Calling it a shot is a stretch at best. And two posts later is the famous post in which you say me, Sir Torn, and havok are all good candidates. So you could have gone after any of these three if they came after you.

Post 305:
Jmar wrote:That's how you feel, because you're not on the bandwagon. Since I am, that eliminates one of the people off of it, and I don't feel lionden is scum. I'm certainly not saying you and havok aren't scum, but the safe play is to lynch somebody off the bandwagon. The least likely scenario in my book is that you and havok are scum-buddies and both managed to stay off the bandwagon. If you are, you've done a good job so far. I'd like to vote Sir Torn right now to put some pressure on him, but it opens it up for a quick lynch, so I can't really.
Korlash wrote: This is one of the weirdest and most confusing post I ever read...
Agreed. Reading it I'm thinking I must have been drunk?
Korlash wrote: "Since I am, that eliminates one of the people off it." We already dicussed this so I will not bring it up again, but I said why this was odd to me.

Now that I reread it this is odd too:

"I'm certainly not saying you and havok aren't scum, but the safe play is to lynch somebody off the bandwagon."

If you think it is safer to lynch someone off the bandwagon, why even mention you are not saying we are not scum? It just seems oddly worded to me... So you ARE saying we aren't scum? Or you aren't saying we are scum? I just don't get it...
It's the same explanation I gave before. I did it twice in the same post. When I said "off" I meant "of the people on the bandwagon." It needs an "of" to make more sense. Think of it as me saying "the candidate should come from off of this list." It sounds weird, but it means from the list. Again, look at my other posts- I wanted to lynch somebody on the bandwagon at this point.

Post 309:
Lionden wrote:No, didn't mean that at all. Just because the other two aren't posting doesn't mean they aren't watching the thread.
Again I'll let lionden speak for himself.

Post 310:
Jmar wrote:It might not be though. It's very possible havok and Sir Torn are lurking, waiting to pounce, especially after a chance to talk at night. If I make a vote, I don't want to have to keep looking back at the thread to make sure nobody puts a second vote on him. Talking, they could have exchanged personal contact info, like AIM screennames or something. So the scenario could go (for arguments sake lets say you and havok are scumbuddies)

1) I place a vote on Sir Torn.

2) I go to bed.

3) You see this, chat up your buddy havok on AIM.

4) Both of you come in and place your votes.

5) The town loses Sad

Farfetched? A bit, but a vote's not worth the risk IMO at this point.
Korlash wrote: Again you mention Sir torn... But it is from your previous example.. However you claim you both to be town in the example and both me and havok to be scum. (I understand it was hypothetical)
Good. Then why are you bringing this up?
Korlash wrote: I think this could be a time where you are trying to make your partner look more "innocent" But again, it was all hypothetical.. But even that does not automatically mean I can disregard it...
Ohhh I see... you want to bring it up without "really" bringing it up, in another of your little passive-aggressive moves. I understand. This is the definition of reaching. Because I used Sir Torn as town in an example, that makes us scumbuddies? Please... it was for arguments sake, and I stated it as such.

[quote="Korlash]
So far all I have is stuff on who could be your partner.. and the reasons I think it is Sir Torn...

We could just all take a gamble and vote sir Torn here. If he turns out scum then even if when I die tonight we still have Jmar's investigation and we will win... But I would rather go for the sure thing myself... To late to debate this I think. [/quote]

Hahahahahaha... the cop is suggesting we lynch somebody other than his supposed "confirmed investigation?" If this doesn't scream desperation and scuminess, I don't know what does.
Korlash wrote: Post 318:
Meme wrote:Day 2 deadline time. It'll hit at 11 a.m. EST Friday, November 16 (about one week from this post).

You know the rules -- this time it'll take two votes at deadline, three before. You read that right.
Shoot...
Pointless...
Korlash wrote: post 320:
Jmar wrote:This is ridiculous. We shouldn't have a deadline right now, they should be replaced if they don't respond to their prods- the majority of us are posting, but we can't really get anywhere without them. Anyways, if they don't show up I'm ready to vote Sir Torn.
I asked "Why him over sir Torn?" and you answered:
You asked why him over havok, but continue, please...
Jmar wrote:I've already said it, but basically because Sir Torn was on the bandwagon. It's the safer bet.
... In post 305 you said:
"but the safe play is to lynch somebody off the bandwagon." Now you say it is safer to lynch someone on the bandwagon.. Hmmm... Contradict much? [/quote]

We already discussed this, but you keep bringing it up. I've stated it's a grammatical misunderstanding and poorly worded, but I guess you want to keep focusing on it. Probably because you don't have much else to go with. The fact that you didn't bring this up when I made the post shows it even more. Quote some of my other posts when I talk about how the safe bet is somebody on the bandwagon... oh wait... that would make you look TERRIBLE.

Here's some, by the way...
jmar wrote: Well I don't have too much to say I guess. Logic says that the scum were probably on Holy's bandwagon. I realize this pretty much points to me. I'm town, and mith was obviously town. So that leaves me with Sir Torn and lionden. I don't find lionden too scummy, he's been very townish so far. Sir Torn has been lurking, but I guess that's his playstyle to an extent. He hasn't given me much to call him scummy besides being the last one to vote for mith. Like I said before, havok is still probably my top suspect, and Korlash I guess you're after that. But at lylo, I'd much rather go with the safer look at the people on the bandwagon. So I guess we should take a look at Sir Torn. I don't know, I have to reread.
jmar wrote: That's exactly why I'm confused. If I was to go with my gut, I'd be voting for havok. But it's not a smart move at lylo because he wasn't on the wagon and I think at least one of the scum most likely was. And the fact that nobody's really posting doesn't help me decide which way to go.
Skipping over some more Sir Torn and lionden stuff... I'll let them speak for themselves.
Korlash wrote: Post 332:
Jmar wrote:My reread brought up something I find very interesting... neither Korlash nor havok voted for anybody on Day 1
Oh that is great. your entire case against me starts off with a lie. Yeah... You have such a solid case![/sarcasm]
You brought this up already. I apologized for it, but I really don't think it changes the case since you unvoted, oh, 3 posts later?
Korlash wrote: And your point is? I did not see enough reason to lynch her, and so i was against it. Also I did not want to tip any of the scum's radars so I stayed more or less off of the other people. I actually find it funny the only person I voted was the scum XD
Except for the part where I'm town XD. My point, which I made before and you roundly ignored, was that as much as you claim to not want her lynched, you did nothing to prevent it, or do anything really. You can say you didn't want to trip off the "scum's radars" but this doesn't excuse you doing basically nothing Day 1.

Here's my argument...
"Korlash" wrote: So I did not vote to prevent any seconds before deadline hopping...
"jmar" wrote: No, it's not straight-forward. If you're scum, which I believe you are, you do want somebody lynched. And you look better off in that regard if you do not vote. Thus you can want somebody to be lynched without voting for them. Now you said, and I quote again, that you didn't vote to prevent any last second deadline hopping. If you didn't want Holy lynched, then wouldn't you want a deadline hop to somebody else? And if you wanted nobody lynched, then were you advocating a no-lynch? (You did this once before, contradicting something you said earlier) We've already been over how bad a no lynch was for the town. No matter which way you slice it I don't see that statement lining up with you having the town's best interests in mind.
And Korlash's response? The F-Bomb (yes it was singular, I apologize).

All right guys... as much as I'd like to stay up an hour longer and finish responding to all of his points, I'm going back to studying and then going to bed. I have an exam at 9 tomorrow and honestly I don't feel like failing because of Mafia. I will be responding to the rest of them at 10 tomorrow morning, about an hour before deadline I believe. But uh... yeah. If I were to sum up my feelings, I'd just be repeating myself, so I'll save it.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

lionden_56 wrote:
Why ask the question? Why not actually give an answer? To me, this post absolutely screams partnership.

As much as I really don't like the way the big long Korlash post comes off, I don't like that post even more...so (I really hope I get this right...)
Vote: Jmar
I am glad
someone
noticed that post...

Vote jmar

GG Korlash...
I'm back!
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 am

Post by jmar »

Huh? I'm confused...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 am

Post by MeMe »

End-of-Game Count

jmar
(3):
Korlash, lionden_56, Sir Tornado

Korlash
(1):
jmar

not voting
(1):
havok95

Bye-bye
jmar
(
Townie
). While we're at it, we can wave to
havok95
and
lionden_56
(both
Townies
) since mafia don't like live goody-goodies cluttering up their streets.

Congratulations
Scum
(
Korlash
&
Sir Tornado
) -- you've won the game!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night choices
:
1 - Dr. mith protects Sir Tornado, scum kill mith (no cop)
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Holy »

LOL, I really fooled by Korlash's fake hint of cop, though.
Nice effort jmar, you've done a good job/analyzes although we loose. I learned a lot from this game ^.^
Thank you to mith too, for his advices through the game, well at least through the day 1 :p
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Korlash »

Jmar wrote:Agreed. Reading it I'm thinking I must have been drunk?
ha ha ha ha ha...

Ahhh... Drunk... That explains a lot XP

seriously though... I think I got TOO aggressive.. need to work on that... Think I became too much like Ryan or someone... man.. I need a better example i think...

Anyways GG and stuff... sorry for getting you killed Jmar, sorry Holy had to die T_T and sorry I was partners with the evil Sir Tornado! it was all his idea... He made me do it! He kidnapped my kitty! T_T

jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:14 am

Post by jmar »

LOL, I only realized while I was walking to class that I had three votes on me... when I was first thinking about it I was like "he... must be scum!" That explains my "huh I'm confused" at the end there.

But good game guys. lionden was in a tough spot... I don't think I would have voted for me off something Sir Torn said, but hey, I can't say that for sure. It would have been nice to have havok there at the end, although he probably would have been least inclined to agree with me considering I thought he was scum all game. I guess I let Sir Torn slip by too easily, he made a great play at the end.

Good game, Korlash. It was fun arguing there with you at the end. I know things got heated but it was nothing personal. That "drunken" post really killed me... it was so hard to explain how I meant it to be taken without sounding scummy. I enjoyed most of your jokes and I dig the M:TG reference. The cop claim was well played, and you came out with that monster post at the end. Well done.

When you think about it we were in the absolute worst position after Day 1. We lost 2 townies, one of which was a doc, and there was no cop to counter a scum claim. And still, until the end there, I felt like we would pull it out. So good job by all- a very enjoyable game.

Muchos gracias to MeMe for modding, great job.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:22 am

Post by mith »

Good game all.

I had Korlash at the top of my list going into night (for future reference, Korlash, whatever your stance on deadlines, refusing to vote was hella scummy), but then I had jmar second and Sir Tornado fooled me completely. And Korlash played today quite well from what I read.

Sorry about getting you lynched, Holy... hope you enjoyed our arguments as much as I did, though.
lionden_56
lionden_56
Townie
lionden_56
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:39 am

Post by lionden_56 »

CRAP...I spotted the scum hint just interpreted it wrong. DAMNIT. Nice play Torn.

Sorry I f'ed it up guys :(

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”