Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Okay, something is rotten in the house of Denmark, and its name probably is Skruffs or Battle Mage (maybe both). Given the flavor behind the second kill and something I spotted shortly before yesterdays lynch (but didn't have time to comment on) that makes me less certain that Battle Mage is guilty, Skruffs is currently higher on my scumdar.

I wonder if Betty Boop has anything to say about it.

In other news, I feel the sudden urge to test something:

Lob celery stick at DrippingGoofball
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Tarhalindur wrote:Given the flavor behind the second kill and something I spotted shortly before yesterdays lynch (but didn't have time to comment on) that makes me less certain that Battle Mage is guilty, Skruffs is currently higher on my scumdar.
Care to elaborate?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Okay.
"1. The administration is out to get us, and is probably enlisting help from brownnosing students. "

Gorrad, where did you form this hypothesis - with the brownnosing students corollary?

The JDodge 'murder' makes me look very bad. I realize this. I was very suspicious of JDodge yesterday, and I said so. He was pretty oppurtunistic in when and at who he decided to toss his food around. I will note, and this is of course, WIFOM, that JDodge would not be considered nearly as much a threat to ME as BM would be, and if I had a killing ability, BM would be dead today, wether it was SK, mafia, or vig.

I would like everyone who thinks that I am likely mafia because I am the lunchlady to look at the silent speaker's role name and ability. He was the School Secretary (Which would be considered Admin) and protecter of players. So yes, WHILE it's possible (LIKELY) there is a school employee mafia of some sort, there are ALSO school employees who are NOT MAFIA (Proven!)

I Would really like (BEFORE the food starts being thrown) to look at Battle Mage's successions of claims about his role, abilities, name, 'power role', etc, and what he was accusing/fishing at the same time about yesterday. Did it look like he really knew what the bad behavior notes was, as it pertained to the game?

Tarhalindur -
"No, I'm, like, saying that there are people in this cafeteria who, like, want to take over this school, and they're, like, responsible for this food fight somehow.

We must, like, totally get them sent home before we, like, lose control of the school! Who's with me?

One! Two! Three! Four!
Let's go find some scum to smore! "
You said this yesterday, adn I called you on it, and you said you were just guessing, I believe. Can you share any more information with us about this?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Gorrad wrote:The way I see it, the first kill was made by the administration-mafia. Administration is used in the literal sense here. There's usually a group of high-ups in the school called the administration- this includes principal, vice-principals, department heads, and other people who don't teach but handle administrative affairs. This would sometimes include the librarian, but never the lunch lady. In this scenario, they are getting rid of students- probably budget cuts or something (http://www.scarygoround.com/index.php?date=20051011).
Sorry if I missed this, but how does the School Secretary being town fit in with this theory?

Also, that flavour definitely seems to point at Skruffs, perhaps as an SK. I'm going to try and re-read his stuff from day 1 and hope that my head hurts less this time.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:22 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Erg0, look at the flavor. The secretary looks like some sort of renegede admin. Plus the fact that the secretary was
dismissed
, which I don't think could have been the work of any student.

Not saying all admin are mafia or all students are not (in fact after thinking more clearly, I think second kill would have been made by a student)

Day one is over, and I guess most of the food is out in the open. Can we have a mass claim of all our foodstuff (only name, not quantity) to avoid reread of entire thread to see who had what?

Sayonara.
I'm back!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:43 am

Post by Gorrad »

Skruffs wrote:Okay.
"1. The administration is out to get us, and is probably enlisting help from brownnosing students. "

Gorrad, where did you form this hypothesis - with the brownnosing students corollary?
If it was purely adults, we could lynch every adult and win, despite some being pro-town. There has to be a mix, otherwise it would be too easy. Do you really think there would be a game- a DGB game at that- where rolenames would be dead givaways?

Also, erg0, Sir T has it right. The secretary was a renegade.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Gorrad wrote: If it was purely adults, we could lynch every adult and win, despite some being pro-town. There has to be a mix, otherwise it would be too easy. Do you really think there would be a game- a DGB game at that- where rolenames would be dead givaways?
I agree with this. This is the reason why I think there is a second scum group made of students. (so, lunch lady is unlikely to be the person to kill JDodge)
I'm back!
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 am

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

I'd really like to see a case against somebody in this game that wasn't based on flavor. When I get a chance, I'll do a good reread and let you guys know where I stand. As it is right now, I'm behind in a lot of things. Irl and mafia.
Oh hai.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also,

The lunchlady serves food to the students. I do not believe she personally prepares it (though it's possible?), I think it's a lot more likely there is a cook of some sort.

I also agree with the 'not just adults' scumgroup theory, just like I agree that the foreign language players (wether students or teachers) are not all scum or town.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Lowell »

Gorrad wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Okay.

If it was purely adults, we could lynch every adult and win, despite some being pro-town. There has to be a mix, otherwise it would be too easy. Do you really think there would be a game- a DGB game at that- where rolenames would be dead givaways?
I also very much agree with this. I don't think we'll get much information from role names.

I'm still of the opinion that BM and Skruffs are both innocent. WIFOM if you must, but I can't bring myself to believe either would claim a role if they thought there was even a chance their role would give them away.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

The thing is, that they claimed before we got the idea of admins being scum.

For the lack of time to look up a japanese word: Sayonara
I'm back!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yes, but if I was an sk who killed by cooking, and I claimed to be someone who worked in an area where food is cooked, and almost got lynched, I wouldn't kill the first nihght, esp after claiming. I don't think anyone is that shortsighted.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Skruffs-sans, If you are a sk, you usually have no choice but to kill.
I'm back!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:Yes, but if I was an sk who killed by cooking, and I claimed to be someone who worked in an area where food is cooked, and almost got lynched, I wouldn't kill the first nihght, esp after claiming. I don't think anyone is that shortsighted.
unless of course, like most SK's/mafia groups, you didnt know your kill method at the start of the game...

@Sir T-ive seen a game or 2 where groups are forced to kill if they can, with a random kill being made if they dont submit, but usually, not NKing is an option.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

I wouldn't know, I've never been an sk.

I'm going to focus on people who didn't toss food on one of the three main wagons late day 1, for starters. I don't like "either/or" mentality regarding bm/skruffs as scum (false dilemma), and probably people who said one thing but acted another.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Skruffs »

Bm :
Open your eyes.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:I wouldn't know, I've never been an sk.

I'm going to focus on people who didn't toss food on one of the three main wagons late day 1, for starters. I don't like "either/or" mentality regarding bm/skruffs as scum (false dilemma), and probably people who said one thing but acted another.
And you've never played in a game with an SK? :roll:

What do you mean by 'open your eyes'?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:13 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sir Tornado wrote:Erg0, look at the flavor. The secretary looks like some sort of renegede admin. Plus the fact that the secretary was
dismissed
, which I don't think could have been the work of any student.

Not saying all admin are mafia or all students are not (in fact after thinking more clearly, I think second kill would have been made by a student)

Day one is over, and I guess most of the food is out in the open. Can we have a mass claim of all our foodstuff (only name, not quantity) to avoid reread of entire thread to see who had what?

Sayonara.
I have reason to believe that a mass food claim would be a very bad idea for us. I will NOT elaborate at this time.
Skruffs wrote:Tarhalindur -
"No, I'm, like, saying that there are people in this cafeteria who, like, want to take over this school, and they're, like, responsible for this food fight somehow.

We must, like, totally get them sent home before we, like, lose control of the school! Who's with me?

One! Two! Three! Four!
Let's go find some scum to smore! "
You said this yesterday, adn I called you on it, and you said you were just guessing, I believe. Can you share any more information with us about this?
It should be rather obvious by now that I have role-based information. Quit fishing.
User out of ambit.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I will be withholding my food at this time.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Gorrad wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Given the flavor behind the second kill and something I spotted shortly before yesterdays lynch (but didn't have time to comment on) that makes me less certain that Battle Mage is guilty, Skruffs is currently higher on my scumdar.
Care to elaborate?
No.
User out of ambit.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Gorrad »

Tar, I find your withholding information infuriating. I'm trusting you, even though you did not trust me earlier, but I find your uncooperativeness scummy. Scum have more to hide than town.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Gorrad wrote:Tar, I find your withholding information infuriating. I'm trusting you, even though you did not trust me earlier, but I find your uncooperativeness scummy. Scum have more to hide than town.
Tarhalindur wrote:It should be rather obvious by now that I have role-based information. Quit fishing.
Not originally directed at you, but still relevant here. If you want me to role claim, stop beating around the bush and say so, because revealing my information necessarily entails a role claim.
User out of ambit.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorrad wrote:Tar, I find your withholding information infuriating. I'm trusting you, even though you did not trust me earlier, but I find your uncooperativeness scummy. Scum have more to hide than town.
FoS: Gorrad

So scummy... :o

Tarhalindur, if you have a power role, and dont want to claim, FFS SHUT UP ABOUT IT. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Gorrad »

The only information I REALLY want is your food, because what you threw earlier poses a direct threat to my health. Otherwise, it's up to you to claim or not, but if your claiming gives us more insight, I don't know why you wouldn't. That's why I'm trusting you, because I don't know your role, and you do.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Gorrad wrote:The only information I REALLY want is your food, because what you threw earlier poses a direct threat to my health. Otherwise, it's up to you to claim or not, but if your claiming gives us more insight, I don't know why you wouldn't. That's why I'm trusting you, because I don't know your role, and you do.
The next time you ask me to claim my food, I will alpha strike you. (Hell, I'm tempted to alpha strike you NOW for your continued inquiries.) Unless I am very much mistaken, there is NO GOOD REASON for town to ask what someone has in their lunchbox. QUIT FISHING.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”