Mini #111: Sonic Heroes Mafia (The fighting's over...)

araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:14 pm

Post by araltaln »

Aarrgh (again), the dreaded "No posts exist for this topic"! *falls over again*

Warpdragon, the only threads with more views than us now are the various queue threads, forgive me for noticing :P (Admittedly, I'm not able to count the views Intrigue and such had in total, just the ones currently listed. But still.)
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:03 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, here is what I found out about Rouge, You guys can decide whether you think the character would be evil or not in this game, as it didn't seem to work out for me last time.

Rouge the Bat:
This enterprising bat is greedy and cunning, using her large wings to fly Team Dark out of danger on their fervent quest for jewels and revenge. She earned a name for herself in Sonic Adventure 2 as a masterful treasure huntress with a talent for finding precious gems.

Ta.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:01 am

Post by Fletcher »

So it doesn't say whether or not Rouge is bad? Does anyone know?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:01 am

Post by mlaker »

Sorry for not posting here but if you noticed in other forums I posted that I had been gone but anyway. Rouge was evil in Sonic Adventure 2 and was part of Team Dark in Heroes and if the consensus is that all the teams are in this game which is very likely and one is evil I'd definetely say the Evil team is Team Dark. What does everyone else think?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:52 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, well I might as well come out now. I'm rouge, and I'm very confused. I am indeed described as an evil character, but my role description of that is a cop. I currently have one innocent and one guilty result. My guilty result is on NanookTheWolf, as I investigated him last night.

My evilness might be incorporated into the game in the sense that as a cop I always get incorrect results, thus possibly misleading the town. I know the gut reaction here will be to lynch me, but I urge you to reconsider. If my role
was
intended to mess up the town, then maybe we can make the most of it by lynching my day 1 innocent investigation to determine my actual sanity.

Cam
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:12 am

Post by warpdragon »

Team Dark, although evil still faght against Eggman. At one point in theoverall storyline Team Dark was evil, but now they are using their evil to stop evil.

It also could be a game like Super Mario Brothers Mafia where all of the roles are screwed up based on thier characters (ie. Princess Peach and Luigi were mafia, Bowser a cop) but I don't know Norinel's moding style well enough to determine that.

Mathcam- I think it would be better to lynch the first Bad result you get. It seems as though you might be a normal cop, so if you lynch the first bad person and they are bad you ahve cleared a few names. But if you hit a good person with a bad result ypu already know 2 mafia from nights 1 and 2.

There is however the posibility of being a novice cop who gets all good results.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:54 am

Post by Jolle »

Wow, many players have claimed already. What about a mass roleclaim?
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:32 am

Post by Maverick »

I think that Mathcam's claim will help us actually get somewhere.. I think we should lynch NanooktheWolf.. Here's why -- Mathcam said that he was the cop, and found Nanook guilty, so if this is true then we get rid of scum.. If it's not true then we lose a townsperson, but know that mathcam is scum... So therefore within the next two days we get rid of one scum.. So
Vote: NanooktheWolf
. I'm glad this game is finally getting somewhere..

*Maverick*
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:34 am

Post by araltaln »

First, that does give us a representative of all four teams (we can almost certainly assume Mathcam is, in fact, Rouge--if Mathcam and Nanook and whoever else are working together and know enough about the setup to not be contradicted, this is going to get rather interesting rather quickly). However, I'm still fairly sure we're not all 12 playable characters--if we are, we're playing Mass Claim Wins, not Mafia.

Nanook almost certainly has the ability to find out other's role names--I'll point out that this isn't necessarily a pro-town ability, as it's useful information for the mafia too.. I'm on the fence on this one currently--so although I'd like to know what his rolename is (or be reminded of what it is), I'm not sure of my suspicion level.

I'm not sure what to make of Mathcam's claim, as insane cop really doesn't fit Rouge, IMO. (She's darn good at what she does, and has a clear idea who's on which side) On the other hand, those /could/ be sane results--I dunno.

As for who was protected and blocked? Dragonmaster hasn't shared (but has posted), so it's hard to guess there, but it's not hard to guess who was protected--we did already have 1 claimed cop after all, a responsible doc would have protected Nanook. Of course, a mafia including Nanook could guess the same and not kill to make it look like a sucessful protect, too :| Paranoid? You bet!

I'm against a mass claim, but that's simply because I'm assuming it won't help much.

[And as a final note, every single time I wrote Mathcam's name in this post, I typoed it Matcham first. Every. Single. Time.]
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:25 am

Post by Jolle »

4 Possibilities:

1. If Nanook is scum and Mathcam is innocent, Nanook must have investagating possibilities, which seems quite unlikely to me, since investigating Mafia is quite rare. This option is very improbable.

2. If Nanook and Mathcam are both scum, Mathcam is sacrificing one of his fellow Mafia to make himself look innocent. Actually I think this is the most probable option.

3. If Nanook is innocent and Mathcam is scum, that means that the members of team dark are probably the scum.

4. If both are innocent, Mathcam is insane or paranoid.

I think we gain more information be lynching Mathcam than by lynching Nanook: If mathcam is innocent, we know Nanook is probably scum. We can lynch him tomorrow. If Mathcam is scum, we know the members of team dark are probably the scum and someone can investigate Nanook tonight.
Vote: Mathcam
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:32 pm

Post by warpdragon »

1- Nanook never said that Mathcam was Rogue, Mathcam claimed. Nanook could be bluffing
2- Posibly
3-Too unlikely if we have a person like Nanook who can detect names
4- Rogue is too good at what she does in the games

My theories
1- They are both good
2-Nanook is bluffing and thought that if he randomly peged someone as being Rogue. The true Rogue wouldnt step up because Rogue might be seen as evil.
Show

warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:34 pm

Post by warpdragon »

*Nanook is bluffing and thought that if he were randomly peged Mathcam as being Rogue, the true Rogue wouldnt step up because Rogue might be seen as evil by some
Show

Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:57 pm

Post by Fletcher »

I think Cam is really suspicious.
mathcam wrote:I'm rouge, and I'm very confused.
mathcam, confused? No way! :shock:
mathcam wrote:I am indeed described as an evil character, but my role description of that is a cop. I currently have one innocent and one guilty result. My guilty result is on NanookTheWolf, as I investigated him last night.

My evilness might be incorporated into the game in the sense that as a cop I always get incorrect results, thus possibly misleading the town. I know the gut reaction here will be to lynch me, but I urge you to reconsider.
Wow, you've either got a crap role or you've got a bad player playing a good role? I doubt it. Everyone here says Rogue is an evil character. Unless Nanook has some contradiction to Cam being Rogue, I think he's scum.
Vote:mathcam
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:16 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Mathcam is the one I investigated, and to think that I am scum I think is pretty silly. I pointed out yesterday that I found Espio, tomorrow, if you want me to prove my role then fine I will just say who I investigated and the name before anyone has the chance to do otherwise. I wasn't sure if Rouge could be seen as evil, which is why I went to yahoo and posted what I did, to see what others thought. I will join and
, before he is lynched though, is there any suggestion as to who I should investigate next?
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:32 pm

Post by warpdragon »

Investigate Fletcher.
Show

Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:24 pm

Post by Mojo »

I'm going to
Vote: Nanookthewolf

Nanook has the ability to find a rolename and his ability, hardly an ability which is pro-town, for my opinion, because knowing the rolename and ability is much more useful to the mafia.
Now, Mathcam is a cop who finds innocent or guilty resaults, an ability which is pro-town in every aspect. So from this I think that Nanook is a better target for a lynch.

And another thing. Nanook found mathcam's role name, and this doesn't automatically means that mathcam is scum. And lets say we do lynch mathcam, and he turns out town, it doesn't mean that Nanook is scum, because Nanook finds rolenames, not guilty/innocent. And that's why lynching Mathcam won't give us a lot of information as you hope.
[b]BELLADONNA, n.[/b]
In Italian a beautiful lady; in English a deadly poison. A striking example of the essential identity of the two tongues.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:39 pm

Post by Jolle »

Mojo wrote:Nanook has the ability to find a rolename and his ability, hardly an ability which is pro-town, for my opinion, because knowing the rolename and ability is much more useful to the mafia.
Nanook doesn't get to know abilities, he only gets to know role names. IMO, that is a pro-town abilitiy, since it helps detecting false role claims.
Mojo wrote:And that's why lynching Mathcam won't give us a lot of information as you hope.
This whole game, it has been a question who are the scum roles. Is it Robotnik/Eggman, is it team dark, or is it something different? By lynching Mathcam we will have proof either against or for the 'team dark is scum'-theory. That is very valuable information.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:27 am

Post by Fletcher »

I say investigate warpdragon if mathcam dies and turns out to be scum, because I think it is very possible they are together.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:45 am

Post by Norinel »

Yay at everyone posting. sycko999 will be replacing warpdragon soon, but I haven't sent him stuff yet.

Vote Count:

mathcam- 3 (Jolle, Fletcher, NanookTheWolf)
NanookTheWolf- 2 (Maverick, Mojo)
warpdragon- 1 (araltaln)

Not voting (5): dragonmaster, mathcam, mlaker, Mojo, Prince Kael, warpdragon

6 to lynch.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:44 am

Post by mlaker »

I just don't see Rouge as being a cop type role.
Vote Mathcam
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:04 am

Post by Norinel »

sycko999 replaces warpdragon as soon as he confirms.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:58 am

Post by Fletcher »

Why is warpdragon being replaced?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:09 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, first of all, I never said I thought Nanook was scum. I just said I got a guilty investigation on him. Whether or not he's scum I think the town should decide. I'm currently leaning toward him not being scum, but I guess we'll see.
I think we gain more information be lynching Mathcam than by lynching Nanook: If mathcam is innocent, we know Nanook is probably scum. We can lynch him tomorrow. If Mathcam is scum, we know the members of team dark are probably the scum and someone can investigate Nanook tonight.
While I actually agree that you might gain more information by lynching me, I still don't agree that it's the right play. Why? Because you sacrifice a cop by doing so. Lynching a cop to "gain more information" doesn't seem particularly smart, especially when lynching a non-cop will give you almost as much information.

In any case, I see no reason to keep my other "good" investigation secret, especially since if I get lynched, this information will give you a scumbag if it turns out I'm insane. I'll reveal unless anyone strongly objects.

Last, think about it for a second. Though I'll concede that I don't see why Rouge is a cop either, it also doesn't make sense for me to claim cop with such a character. It would have been much smarter for me to appeal to the town as a seemingly evil but actually pro-town regular townie.

Cam
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:47 am

Post by Norinel »

Fletcher wrote:Why is warpdragon being replaced?
Long-running vacation, starting today.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:57 am

Post by Jolle »

Mathcam wrote:While I actually agree that you might gain more information by lynching me, I still don't agree that it's the right play. Why? Because you sacrifice a cop by doing so. Lynching a cop to "gain more information" doesn't seem particularly smart, especially when lynching a non-cop will give you almost as much information.
You
say you're a cop. But
we
don't have any certainity. Also, while Nanook isn't a Cop, he does have an investagative role.
Mathcam wrote: Last, think about it for a second. Though I'll concede that I don't see why Rouge is a cop either, it also doesn't make sense for me to claim cop with such a character. It would have been much smarter for me to appeal to the town as a seemingly evil but actually pro-town regular townie.
You could have made a bad claim on purpose, so you could use that as an argument. Or maybe you just didn't think enough about your claim and are now trying to use that to your advantage.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”