mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #9976 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 9940, Reasonably Rational wrote:We assume Mastin also knows.
Not really, no.
I'd have to check to be sure.
But the player Yume voiced concerns about, from memory, was Klingoncelt.

I'd have to go check the PT (and I'm running short on time) to confirm this though.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9977 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm calling bs to this

Vote count for some time, then creature votes, then rr talks about me hammering.

In post 9650, Varsoon wrote:
"He's a Gem, and Gems don't really grow up. I mean, I've known the Gems since I was 22, and they never change! They just are what they are."
-Greg,
Steven's Birthday
VOTECOUNT 5.03

TheWayItEnds (3):
Farside22, Kraskaeaque, mastin2
Farside22 (2):
ReasonablyRational, Almost50
Creature (1):
MagnaofIllusion
TheFuzzyLogic99 (1):
Shadow_Step

Not Voting (6):
Shiro, grapes, Thefuzzylogic99, Creature, randomidget, TheWayItEnds

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-04 10:00:00)

The Current Stress is -2:

In post 9722, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 9717, Creature wrote:VOTE: TWIE

Bah whatever, that's taking too long
Nice job, now we get to watchfarside hammer someone she didn't believe was scum at day start, before alliances are figured out again.

Well done.

Anyone else notice how the entire wagon on twie is people who would otherwise be lynched today (with the exception of mastin)?

-Cerb
Who has kraska been aligned with in this game beside me and nc?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9978 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Keep reading mastin...as always.

Also, we've already outlined the scum motivation in doing what she did:forcing s series of mislynches rather easily. That's what it comes down to, if you remove all the detail and extra thoughts about these issues that our posting has contained.

Every time town successfully lynches scum, it is still just as close to losing as before they lynched scum. There are a certain number of mislyches scum need to achieve in order to win. As Drixx puts it, mislynches are a currency town has to spend. Failed scum kills/successfully vig shots increase that currency, and extra town deaths decrease it (though not at a 1:1 ratio)

If farside KNOWS 1) that there is no chance she isn't lynched at or immediately prior to lylo, and 2) her power is not functional in LYLO...why wouldn't scum!farside force as many of those mislynches as possible, before she is lynched /her power turned off?

-Cerb

Pedit: farside....3+creature vote is 4 total. So your extra votes would have been 3, yes?
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9979 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 9977, farside22 wrote:Who has kraska been aligned with in this game beside me and nc?
I think mcmenno.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9980 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:26 pm

I assumed the threshold that had to be reached, NOT INCLUDING YOU, was 1/2 lynch rounded down, -1. So I assumed 3 other individuals had to vote, then you could vote+hammer. Maybe I'm misunderstanding where the VCs were at?

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9981 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by grapes »

twie/kraska/shiro

That's where I want the votes.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9982 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 9950, Varsoon wrote:
"The Diamonds are the Gem matriarchs! Together they make up the Great Diamond Authority that governs Homeworld and all the outlying colonies! We live to serve them! I mean, we were all made to serve them, even though some of us... don't anymore..."
-Peridot,
It Could've Been Great
VOTECOUNT 5.05

Farside22 (3):
ReasonablyRational, Thefuzzylogic99, Creature
Creature (3):
MagnaofIllusion, Farside22, Almost50
TheWayItEnds (2):
Kraskaeaque, mastin2
TheFuzzyLogic99 (1):
Shadow_Step

Not Voting (4):
Shiro, grapes, randomidget, TheWayItEnds

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-04 10:00:00)

The Current Stress is -2:

Kraskaesque is V/LA until 10/28.
Varsoon is V/LA until 11/2.
Add grapes to twie and you have the vc.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9983 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 pm

In post 9981, grapes wrote:twie/kraska/shiro

Have you caught up on the stuff you weren't really following, or is this based on today's posting?

-Cerb
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9984 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by grapes »

I have taken in the gamestate sufficiently.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9985 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 9978, Reasonably Rational wrote:Keep reading mastin...as always.

Also, we've already outlined the scum motivation in doing what she did:forcing s series of mislynches rather easily. That's what it comes down to, if you remove all the detail and extra thoughts about these issues that our posting has contained.

Every time town successfully lynches scum, it is still just as close to losing as before they lynched scum. There are a certain number of mislyches scum need to achieve in order to win. As Drixx puts it, mislynches are a currency town has to spend. Failed scum kills/successfully vig shots increase that currency, and extra town deaths decrease it (though not at a 1:1 ratio)

If farside KNOWS 1) that there is no chance she isn't lynched at or immediately prior to lylo, and 2) her power is not functional in LYLO...why wouldn't scum!farside force as many of those mislynches as possible, before she is lynched /her power turned off?

-Cerb

Pedit: farside....3+creature vote is 4 total. So your extra votes would have been 3, yes?
And the fear mongering needs to end or rr is scum claiming.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #9986 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 9978, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, we've already outlined the scum motivation in doing what she did:forcing s series of mislynches rather easily.
This is news to me. Because I haven't seen that trail of thought. You've said series of mislynches. Okay. Who. You didn't say. And if so, where. I see nothing of the sort even close to materializing.
This is a fine notion in theory. But again. You say it. I don't see evidence of it.
^Echo.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9987 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:33 pm

In post 9985, farside22 wrote:

-Cerb

Farside..theres nothing about what I just said that isn't perfectly accurate(in terms of potential, at least).

TWIE or Creature Farside?

-Cerb
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9988 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'd love a Shiro lynch and see that flip scum after everything from day 2, but after snarky I'm twice shy about any confidence in it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9989 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 9987, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb

Farside..theres nothing about what I just said that isn't perfectly accurate(in terms of potential, at least).

-Cerb
Shrug

They both read scummy and neither suspect one another.

Which one do you think is scum?
Why?

Your stuff is fear mongering since I'm town.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #9990 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

The tl;dr of what I'm saying:
I'm quite dead serious, what RR is saying is how I pitch things as scum: with empty bravado. I use fluff words. I use big terms. I use buzzwords. I say things. I fearmonger. I write a narrative. I say they are doing this, this, and that. They back these claims up with objectively-bad plays that have been made.

But they don't actually give the heart and drive of the matter. They don't give sustenance. It's not something which appeals to me, because there's nothing in there but words as far as I'm concerned. A sort-of Trump-like rally: something meant to incite a reaction in a crowd who demands action for their grievances, but which has no solid footing. (Yes, I went there. Dealwithit.)
My academy.
Agnigi
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9991 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 9988, farside22 wrote:

I'd love a Shiro lynch and see that flip scum after everything from day 2, but after snarky I'm twice shy about any confidence in it.
Then vote twie.

I was wrong on snarky too for a while he's tough to read wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

Shiro hasn't done anything town in over a month.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #9992 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 9990, mastin2 wrote:The tl;dr of what I'm saying:
I'm quite dead serious, what RR is saying is how I pitch things as scum: with empty bravado. I use fluff words. I use big terms. I use buzzwords. I say things. I fearmonger. I write a narrative. I say they are doing this, this, and that. They back these claims up with objectively-bad plays that have been made.

But they don't actually give the heart and drive of the matter. They don't give sustenance. It's not something which appeals to me, because there's nothing in there but words as far as I'm concerned. A sort-of Trump-like rally: something meant to incite a reaction in a crowd who demands action for their grievances, but which has no solid footing. (Yes, I went there. Dealwithit.)
Exactly.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9993 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm not hammer voting anyone till alliances are set and getting my question responded to from kraska.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9994 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:57 pm

In post 9974, mastin2 wrote:
In post 9909, Reasonably Rational wrote:Mastin knows our role.
No, I don't.
I know you have an ability which counts as a kill. Which is the reason I couldn't investigate you. (My top choice.)
I know your flavor.

That's it.
Then Yume failed. You should know who we are and what our abilities are.
In post 9990, mastin2 wrote:The tl;dr of what I'm saying:

Sometimes scum act scummy. I'm not going to talk in circles with you. There's no foolproof objective evidence nor is there likely to be because Varsoon despises cops and mechanical guilties and wants people to PLAY the game. To say that we haven't seriously pushed Farside just tells me you haven't been reading. It's absurd that when people couldn't vote because the scum event was active, people expressed the desire to lynch Farside. Then the scum event got blown up and all of a sudden all of that vanishes.

And no ... I won't just "dealwithit" that you just compared me to Donald Trump. That's way beyond and across the line and I'm going straight to the listmods. (For the record: I would feel the same way if you compared me to Hillary Clinton). You just somehow managed to say something to me so nasty and so uncalled for that it tops Titus telling me in SF that I was mentally ill and also tops Lapsa telling me that I was going to hell last year. Congratulations ... you just actually legitimately offended me.

~Drixx
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9995 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:27 pm

In post 9989, farside22 wrote:
In post 9987, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb

-Cerb
Shrug

They both read scummy and neither suspect one another.

Which one do you think is scum?
Why?

Your stuff is fear mongering since I'm town.
Right this moment, if it's a choice between just those two... Creature. Magna has pointed out the many lies and contradictions from creature which are reason enough. At this point he's been caught in so many conflicting statements and outright lies that it's super hard to try and explain that away, especially the posts where he tries to refute Magna's points. It's pretty close to beyond reasonable doubt at this point. The one thing that makes me pause a little on Creature is that I can't think of any motivation that makes sense for the things he's said. I don't see what he could possibly be trying to gain.

As for TWIE... we've had a clock on him going back a few days. I believe what I told A50 when we were allied and I dumped my reads to him was that if TWIE wasn't engaged and obviously game solving by day 6, then he needed to be pushed and considered scum unless he somehow made himself OTAF. So far, he doesn't appear engaged or really doing anything at all, and tomorrow is day 6. Tick tock.

~Drixx

P.S. - Okay for serious Farside. I can (and have) pointed out potential scum motivation in your actions. Anyone can say they are town. If you really want to keep having the discussion, then we should just ally and sniff each other's asses in a PT where we doing clutter up the game thread with this shit any more. If nothing else, it will save everyone else from having to deal with it, and if you are
actually
town (I will admit that it's in the possibility space), you might even find a way to convince us. I mean ... I've had a stronger case against someone before and they flipped town (Titus in Space Dandy 2) ... so I'm willing to at least give you enough benefit of the doubt to listen and re-evaluate my thinking.

What I'm not going to do is keep this non stop noise going with this back and forth with you in the main thread.
Show

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9996 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Creature »

I am not even lying wtf
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9997 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Creature »

When I was making the night action, I wasn't aware of The Cluster event, now I am.
Sigh
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9998 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by grapes »

The cluster event already came and went.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9999 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Creature »

If someone has the power of insta-clearing someone...
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”