Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 am

Post by QuickBen »

/confirm
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by QuickBen »

I see by the name of the thread we're on day 1...

vote disciple

for making me feel stupid when I didn't realize what your sig was for like 10 minutes.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Where I come from that's called Craplogic and its a scumtell.

Since we seem to have moved on from randomvoting, I'll

unvote

Until someone pings my scumdar more strongly, I'll

vote MichelSableheart

Or it could be that I've been waiting for this game to start and check all the games I'm in throughout the day. (And yes, I am putting a second vote on you.)
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:18 am

Post by QuickBen »

I'm a little shocked at how often I've been hearing about jesters lately. Apparently there was some uproar on Salvation about a jester as well.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by QuickBen »

I'm here. Recovering from my birthday weekend. Give me the evening to read up and post my thoughts.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Ok, I'm caught up. Between the miller claim and the hammer vote, I'm good with a

vote zeek
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:57 am

Post by QuickBen »

Got the prod. Its christmas day. I'll be back tomorrow.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:14 am

Post by QuickBen »

Ok, maybe my issue is that I suck at softclaiming anything, but I guess I fail to see how hinting at being a miller would *hurt* a scum if there was no pressure on him. Why not breadcrumb when there's no heat on you? Then you can always go back and point at it and say "see, I was already hinting way back here when I wasn't even under pressure."
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:52 am

Post by QuickBen »

But if he's scum, why does it hurt him to claim miller? They're not very common from what I've seen, and much less likely to be counter claimed than a power role would be.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:13 am

Post by QuickBen »

That's not fishing, that's directing the power roles. I find it slightly scummy to do so as well, but mentioning it once in hopes that the vig will hear you is less scummy than repeating it and hoping the vig is dumb enough to think that one person repeating is the town agreeing to it. (This has happened before.) Its also not as bad as directing the cop or doc.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 am

Post by QuickBen »

Just following the OGML/Lowell debate...

Will try to re-read tonight and see if I can get off the fence.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 am

Post by QuickBen »

*sigh*

Got my prod. Actually lost interest in this game for while. I'll reread all 11 pages and post some content within 36 hours. K?
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:12 am

Post by QuickBen »

Ok, after re-reading the entire thread, my top three suspects are as follows (in no particular order):

Soupfly- very vote-hoppy, seems to go whichever way the wind blows. Several votes without explanations. Just get a general bad vibe from his posts.

Zeek- threatens to hammer if DS is put at L-1 despite Jesters (let alone self-lynching Jesters) being HIGHLY unlikely in a mini normal game. Felt like he was justifying a speedlynch in advance to look less scummy. Breadcrumbing miller by saying he doesn't think there are any vanilla townies. After lynch, claims miller knowing the cop is going to investigate him.

Petunho- just general scum vibes here. I could be totally off on this one, but if you read all three of their posts together, they seem to be acting as a cohesive unit. Last time I checked, lurking didn't outrank scummy play. It looks as though he wanted a reason to unvote soupfly and used my "lurking" to do so.

I'd be ok with either a Zeek or a Soupfly lynch today. I'd like more time to examine Petunho.

I get pro-town vibes from Mike and TSPN. Lowell could go either way.

@Mike- Not really sure when I lost interest. It was more that my other games picked up quite a bit and I just let this game slide. Sort of an "I'll get to it" mentality.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:33 am

Post by QuickBen »

I love it when scum tell me I'm not off the hook. :roll:
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:38 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Petunho- And the really amusing part is that I just spoke my mind.

1. Did any part of what I had to say about them have anything to do with them voting me?
2. Did their votes on me have any bearing on the points I made against them?
3. Did anything I say ring of falsehood?
4. Should I have tried to find something scummy about someone who wasn't voting me just to include them?
5. Wouldn't doing so be a scummy play?
6. Should I not have included someone I felt might be scummy just so I wasn't making cases on all the people voting me?
7. Wouldn't doing so be a scummy play?

I rest my case.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:35 am

Post by QuickBen »

To be completely frank, I believe that one of the following is true...

A- Zeek is scum
B- Soupfly is scum
C- Both are scum

We're not at lynch or lose, the case against either of you has merits. If I didn't think that switching my vote to Soupfly would let you wriggle out of being lynched tomorrow, I'd do so.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Actually zeek, I made my points against you. I voted you. Are you suggesting that I'm scummy because I'm *not* actively pushing other players to vote for you? I'm scummy because I'm letting them make up their minds? Puh-lease. I would love to see you swinging at the end of today, but everyone needs to make up their own minds about who to lynch.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:46 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Mike- Its mainly their interaction on the lynch that leads me to believe that one, or the other, or (less likely) both are scum. The whole "if he gets to L-1 I'm hammering" statement stinks. Its too easy for scum to say that knowing that a townie is on the block, so he can point the finger elsewhere. The fact that shortly afterwards, soupfly put him at L-1 was scummy too.

I could see either:

A- scum zeek claims he'll hammer a townie if he gets to L-1, in the hopes that a less than intelligent townie (soupfly) will indeed vote him next.

B- scum soupfly seeing a townie zeek make a stupid call like that and voting to "dare" zeek into hammering.

or

C- scum soupfly & zeek working together to essentially speedlynch, but with a gambit that allows them to distance and then should one of them be lynched, the other looks more townie.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Thanks soup. So should I fear your vote on me more the second time than I did the first one? One of the two scummiest players in the game is voting me... witness the shaking in my boots. I enjoy that you brought up "the jester" again. I'm going to type this slowly for you:

T h i s i s a m i n i - n o r m a l . H a v i n g a r e g u l a r J e s t e r w o u l d b e u n l i k e l y a t b e s t . H a v i n g a s e l f - l y n c h i n g J e s t e r w o u l d b e r e t a r d e d .

If you need to go back and read that again, go ahead, I'll wait. As I said in my post (thank you for quoting something then trying to condemn me for a totally different part and committing yet another scumtell this game), I feel that both of you being scum is unlikely, but possible.

What I think happened is that a townie made an incredibly stupid play and a scum made a play to get a townie lynched. I'm just confused as to which of you made the stupid play and which was scum, although if soup commits one more act of scummery I'll be changing my vote.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by QuickBen »

As I recall, the point that a Jester would not be considered traditional by any means in a mini-normal was brought up on day 1. I felt no need to repeat it. The whole point is that DS being a Jester was not PLAUSIBLE. It was hardly even POSSIBLE. I would like you (or soupfly) to find me one instance of a mini normal game in which a Jester was included. Please, show me a link.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:33 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Soupfly- I don't mind you contradicting me at all. If I thought you were THE scummiest player, I'd be voting you, not zeek. The fact that the last time zeek mentions me he throws in a little escape clause on your wagon, makes me think that I'm on the right track. See, your wagon, kinda stalled and he's stuck on it, because he was quick to point the finger at you to deflect blame for yesterday's lynch. Now he's at "well if QB is attacking soupfly, soupfly must be townie." Which is total craplogic, but it gives him an out, a reason to unvote you.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:07 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Zeek- Just a few questions, please bear with me.

1- Did you honestly think that DS was a self-lynching Jester?

2a- If so, why announce that you were going to hammer him if he got to L-1? Why not just do it if you were convinced?

2b- If not, why hammer him? If you didn't think he was a self lynching Jester, why not attack soupfly for *putting* him at L-1 right then?

@Soupfly- couple questions for you as well...

1- Did you believe that DS was a self-lynching jester when you voted him?

2a- If so, why put him at L-1 knowing that someone had just claimed they would end the day if you did so?

2b- If not, why vote him, instead of attacking zeek for proposing and pushing the self-lynching jester theory?

Something is rotten between the two of you. Zeek, this is your chance to get my vote off you. Soupfly, this is your chance to keep my vote off you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”