Mini #111: Sonic Heroes Mafia (The fighting's over...)

sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:14 am

Post by sycko999 »

I'm confirming and asking who mathcam found innocent because if he is insane then we lynch them...but if he doesn't tell we will never know.
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
dragonmaster
dragonmaster
Townie
dragonmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:09 pm

Post by dragonmaster »

Ok. here we go.

"If Nanook is scum and Mathcam is innocent, Nanook must have investagating possibilities, which seems quite unlikely to me, since investigating Mafia is quite rare. This option is very improbable."
I played in LOTR mafia on PNW Quizzing and I was Wormtongue, a mafia cop.

"Well, the doc should keep in mind who they protected and give them a slight innocence bonus in their records."
What if the doc protected mafia? Then they would thinking of the mafia as innocent when they are guilty.

"I'm confirming and asking who mathcam found innocent because if he is insane then we lynch them...but if he doesn't tell we will never know."
I think that Mathcam is innocent and Nanook is guilty. So I think that's a bad idea right now. It would only help the mafia at the moment. Later, if we are accusing the person that Mathcam investigated, then he should reveal it to us, but not before.

and finally:
"who was blocked..."
I actually didn't block anyone last night because I missed the deadline. Sorry that I'm no help to you guys. Oh, and a heads up, depending on who gets lynched, and the result of that lynch, I'm going to block the other person.

vote: Nanook
There are many things to remember in this life, unfortunately, I remember none of them.
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:05 pm

Post by sycko999 »

vote: nanook the wolf
he didn't seem to say who was who in his name findings...they just came out and said it.
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:10 pm

Post by sycko999 »

NanookTheWolf wrote:Prince Kael, the reason that I felt you were scum is because of someone's post earlier. Each night I can get a players role name, and I found Espio for you, so since I saw that it was posted as a possible evil character in the game, I attacked you based on it.
Unvote: Prince Kael
Look at that, they might be mafia together and nanook wanted to make himself look less suspicious. He also won't claim, we know what he does so whats the big deal?
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:11 pm

Post by sycko999 »

I forgot to say he said that after kael claimed.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:55 pm

Post by Jolle »

dragonmaster wrote:I played in LOTR mafia on PNW Quizzing and I was Wormtongue, a mafia cop.
I said it was improbable, not impossible. It happens sometimes that a Mafia member has investigating possibilities, but not very often.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:10 am

Post by Norinel »

I apologize for the short notice, but it's recently been determined that I'll also be gone next week. Blah. I'll see what needs to be done for here in a day or two.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:47 am

Post by Fletcher »

sycko999 wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:Prince Kael, the reason that I felt you were scum is because of someone's post earlier. Each night I can get a players role name, and I found Espio for you, so since I saw that it was posted as a possible evil character in the game, I attacked you based on it.
Look at that, they might be mafia together and nanook wanted to make himself look less suspicious.
What are you bent on him having to be mafia? You have to look at the other side too. At this point there's just as big a possibility that he's really a cop-role, and that he's just Voting based on his investigations.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:08 am

Post by sycko999 »

True, but we have better chance of him being mafia. It just doesn't seem to sit right. I don't trust mathcam anymore but he is a little bit more believable.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:30 am

Post by araltaln »

I really would like to hear Nanook's role name before I make up my mind.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:01 pm

Post by mathcam »

mlaker was my innocent. Personally, I do agree that we should lynch one of the two, but if I had to decide between Rouge between a sane cop or an insane cop (we know he's not paranoid or naive), I'd go insane, just to go with the evil motif. So I'm leaning toward voting mlaker.

Cam
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:07 pm

Post by sycko999 »

But if you are sane we just killed off a townie. We would have a better shot of hitting mafia if we lynch nanook.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:19 pm

Post by Jolle »

Mathcam wrote: I do agree that we should lynch one of the two, but if I had to decide between Rouge between a sane cop or an insane cop (we know he's not paranoid or naive), I'd go insane, just to go with the evil motif.
He may be evil, but why would she get insane results because of that? Like others stated, he's good at what she does, and why would being evil change that?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:59 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, maybe the intent of my role was to unknowingly deceive the town. Does it really sound right to you that Rouge is a sane pro-town cop?
But if you are sane we just killed off a townie. We would have a better shot of hitting mafia if we lynch nanook.
Yes, if I'm sane and we lynch mlaker, we killed a townie. If I'm insane and lynch mlaker, we've lynched a scum. Why does this make a better short of hitting mafia by lynching Nanook? This is only true if there's a better chance that I'm sane than insane.

The reason I'm skeptical about lynching Nanook is that he has an investigation role that has proven to work. While it's certainly possible that Nanook is scum with this ability, I find it much more likely that the currently-unclaimed mlaker is scum. Where is he?

Cam
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:09 am

Post by sycko999 »

But nanook never said who was who he only said "I know who rouge is" then you said you were rouge. He could just be making all this up. The only way he can really prove himself is by telling us who someone is.
Jolle
Jolle
Goon
Jolle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:31 pm

Post by Jolle »

Well we can let Nanook live and let him prove his role tomorrow. then we will know sure if he really has the role he says he has.

What some of you seem to forget is that if Mathcam is scum, we are in danger of losing two townies. For example: If we lynch Mlaker today and at the time he is lynched we discover he was innocent. Then we will conclude: Mathcam must be a sane Cop. The day after we will lynch Nanook, because of Mathcam's investigation.
If
Mathcam is scum and he made up his investigations, we will have to sacrifice two townies to discover if he's scum. This example also holds true if we lynch Nanook instead of Mlaker, only will we conclude that Mathcam is insane after day 2.

I don't really think it's worth sacraficing 2 townie, only to discover if Mathcam's scum. In other words: I don't think lynching either Nanook or Mlaker is such a good idea.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:52 am

Post by Fletcher »

Jolle wrote:What some of you seem to forget is that if Mathcam is scum, we are in danger of losing two townies. For example: If we lynch Mlaker today and at the time he is lynched we discover he was innocent. Then we will conclude: Mathcam must be a sane Cop. The day after we will lynch Nanook, because of Mathcam's investigation.
If
Mathcam is scum and he made up his investigations, we will have to sacrifice two townies to discover if he's scum. This example also holds true if we lynch Nanook instead of Mlaker, only will we conclude that Mathcam is insane after day 2.
Exactly true, which is why we should lynch mathcam.

Also, can we get a vote count?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:29 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

mathcam- 4 (Jolle, Fletcher, NanookTheWolf, mlaker)
NanookTheWolf- 4 (Maverick, Mojo, dragonmaster, sycko999)
sycko999- 1 (araltaln)

Not voting (2): mathcam, Prince Kael

6 to lynch.

(Editted to replace warpdragon with sycko.)
Last edited by Norinel on Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:46 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Sorry Guys, I didn't mean not to be present in the game for so long.

Shockingly, I see 4 votes on me, so I suppose I will claim. I am Vector, Each night I can choose a player and find out what their role name is ... That is it, I hope you reconsider this lynch, and tomorrow, I can definitely prove my power if you let me. Just give me a person to investigate tonight, then I will announce their role name tomorrow is all.

As for the whole Rouge thing, I quite honestly don't really know anything about Sonic Heroes to tell you if he is lying or not, all I know is that I was given a name, I posted it, No one responded at first, so I investigated the name, then suddenly it was a issue. I could have told you who it was, but Mathcam jumped out and announced, so there is nothing that I can do about that now, but tomorrow my first post will announce all, if you let me.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:14 am

Post by Maverick »

I'm willing to go with Nanook's claim, but I would like to know whose role he investigates, and the outcome.. So for now at least
Unvote: NanooktheWolf
. I think that mathcam being scum is a possibility, but I don't think I'm ready to vote for him yet. I would like to hear from him first.

*Maverick*
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:19 am

Post by araltaln »

NanookTheWolf ([url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=80594#80594]link[/url]) wrote:Prince Kael, the reason that I felt you were scum is because of someone's post earlier. Each night I can get a players role name, and I found Espio for you, so since I saw that it was posted as a possible evil character in the game, I attacked you based on it.
The only time previous to Kael's claim that Espio was mentioned in the thread?
warpdragon ([url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=74685#74685]link[/url]) wrote:I agree with the idea that we probably have another vig.

Game theory:
In Sonic Heroes there are 12 main characters (surprised?). They are divided into 4 teams of 3. I think one of those teams may be mafia but I have reasons to think it may be split.

The four teams-
Sonic (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles)
Rose (Amy, Big, Creamy)
Dark (Shadow, Omega, Rogue)
Chaotix (Espio, Charmy, Vector)
And, a few posts down, one of two other mentions of the Chaotix, and the only place I can find it suggested Espio might be scum even indirectly:
warpdragon ([url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=74869#74869]link[/url]) wrote:Team Dark and Team Chaotix are both equally likely bad guys. Knuckles posibly could have been claimed evil.
(The other mention being my stating that this is not the first game the Chaotix have appeared in.)

Now, you've claimed Vector, another role from Team Chaotix. This seems inconsistent.

Unvote
, but I'm going to hold off on voting for a little bit, as I'm not sure if this is sufficient evidence or not.
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:32 am

Post by sycko999 »

I'm not so sure about Norinel's moding style but just before this I was in Mario Mafia and the roles we screwed up. Mario was a townie, Bowser was a cop, Yoshi was Mafia along with Peach...ect. so we might be dealing with the least likely team to be evil, but I never played the game so I don't know. Also wouldn't araltaln be voting me not warpdragon because hes not playing?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:36 am

Post by araltaln »

I'm not making any statements about the odds of a particular team being mafia (in fact, I'm still clinging to my convictions we won't have all 12 playable characters), but that's the only way it was suggested Espio might be scum prior to Kael's claiming, and if Nanook noticed that when he read the thread whenever having replaced in, if he's Vector, he probably should have noticed that.

(Although I suspect you haven't actually read my post, sycko, as I just unvoted whoever I'm voting for ;))
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:19 am

Post by sycko999 »

Well I'm not saying just one team but more along the lines of Sonic being mafia and Shadow being good but I never played the game so I wouldn't know anyone.

Araltaln, sorry I didn't see that little unvote at the bottom.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:35 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

When I first entered the game, I didn't know which team I was part of, as it doesn't say that in my PM. I only later found that I was on Chaotix, which made me think later, I never mentioned Chaotix being a possible evil team, I just went with it at the time til I could fully catch up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”