Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4976 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 4971, Vaxkiller wrote:Could this eavessdrop be cephir saying

"Can I target myself with doc?"
seems more like wifom considering that the doctor role says in the description that you can't self-target
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4977 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

still could be cephir but

I wouldn't read too much into it
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4978 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 4974, Vaxkiller wrote:Which troop is that?
NM

I see its airbase.

That seems to make sense that they might be talking about the ascetic role.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4979 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

If hiplop doesn't stop his nuke, hes likely the SK. Other than that I still want LLD dead, with cephir being my second choice.

I still want to think more about the admiring comments from the scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4980 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

In post 4970, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 4969, SpyreX wrote:My choice? I haven't said mine today yet
Your hippie dippie choice to be a tree-hugging Anti-Nuke element of course SpySpy :P

I mean, since I was asking why LLD's deploy choice was scummy and then followed up with asking him about you ...
Well i had the most American logic. I didn't want jerks screwing up pure beautiful nukes
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4981 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, so lets go over things.

First, I really think Cephrir is flipping town. I've seen this exact logic from town before. Although I really don't think that Cephrir's doc shot stopped the kill N2, because Nukebringer could have just nuked GIF (the doctor only protects the FIRST kill). I don't think Vax is, and his last minute attempt to hunt down the SK is a beautiful testament to how good that tell is (statement subject to change if he flips town but really). SpyreX wouldn't sabotage Mastin to protect LLD from nukes for OBVIOUS reasons, and whoever suggested that is bad and should feel bad.

LLD is starting to try and shape endgame after being a much more minimal presence the past two days. And that's a shame. She knows better than her silly logic, don't she? Still, I'm with Magna.

Want to see how this flips out, but probably voting LLD.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4982 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:41 am

Post by GreyICE »

Like honestly, with the blocked kill, Nukebringer could have nuked GIF with literally zero suspicion on Cephrir. Instead they did it in the most suspicious way possible. If they didn't immediately shoot GIF off the bat for being a cop even though they controlled the doctor, they would have had to be very conscious of how scummy that looked for the doctor. With a 100% guaranteed kill on GIF that would shed no suspicion on Cephrir (look, they must have double killed!) Nukebringer instead shot Ircher?

Doesn't that practically make Cephrir confirmed town?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4983 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:44 am

Post by GreyICE »

Instead, isn't it far more likely that the scum shot the person in {Me, MOI} that had the airbase? Then Nukebringer shoots Ircher, Cephrir thinks "look at this amazing job I did I'll WIFOM the scum" and scum bank shot GIF because things were looking pretty bad for them.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4984 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

I mean not that what Cephrir did wasn't stupid mind you. But one brain fart does not make him scum.

Supa fine with the other two nukes mind you. Like soooooo fine you have no idea
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4985 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

(am aware this is stupidly scummy if Cephrir is the one Russian and the other two are town, but I'll live with the egg on my face in the postgame)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4986 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 4983, GreyICE wrote:Instead, isn't it far more likely that the scum shot the person in {Me, MOI} that had the airbase? Then Nukebringer shoots Ircher, Cephrir thinks "look at this amazing job I did I'll WIFOM the scum" and scum bank shot GIF because things were looking pretty bad for them.
The only way that makes sense is if the Commies still have a Nuke running today. Because a Commie shot into (you, me) means that they KNEW who the Airbase is and I don't see Nukebringer not taking out the Airbase if they didn't have a Nuke in reserve. If they deemed Ircher a big enough threat they could have always Nightkilled him since he wasn't drawing Doc protection over the Cop or Reck. And hell - the fact that they chose him over Reck or GiF says they had a vested interest in keeping all Nukes airborne.

I find it more likely if Cephir didn't stop the kill with GiF that Reck did by blocking LLD.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4987 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Would LLD really submit the NK for the scum? She doesn't like to do that. Like seriously I've been on scumteams with her and I know she hates doing that.

And yes, she'd totally bank shot that GIF wasn't getting doctor protected. Seriously. She does things like that all the time.

P.S. Looking at the role distribution... yeah, the commies still have a nuke. The commies were nuke loving bastards.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4988 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

I mean it could be Mastina who gambled, she loves gambling too because when she wins it shows off how well she outthought people.

But I'll know in a day or so yay or nay, so that's fine by me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4989 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:05 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4949, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Cephrir's sudden absence and refusal to swallow the poison pill is very telling.
To be fair: he'll claim he went to sleep. And he'll be telling the truth--the timestamp of your message was 4:45 AM. Cephrir lives in my timezone (my state, even), so that means it was 4:45 at his time.

However, the time of MY last post was 1:31 AM. His last post was at 10:34 PM. So he went to sleep some time between 10:34 PM and then, which is not at all an unreasonable time to go to sleep. (Not everyone is like me.)

All the same: the fact that he didn't commit suicide is indeed very telling. Especially since if he's a normal human being with a job, he'd get done by, oh, say, 6:00 PM or so, which is about five hours from now.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4990 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 am

In post 4987, GreyICE wrote:Would LLD really submit the NK for the scum? She doesn't like to do that. Like seriously I've been on scumteams with her and I know she hates doing that.
Maybe. Scum knew the Town (or Terrorist from their perspective but we know that's not correct) Roleblocker was floating around. I suppose Spiffeh was more Town read than her but until Spiffeh's flip Nukebringer sure wasn't. If the last two members were not super Town read then she could have been elected for whatever reason.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4991 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 am

Post by GreyICE »

The fact remains 100% though:

1) If the scum shot GIF and were blocked, then Nukebringer shoots GIF with his dying nuke
2) If Cephrir is scum then Nukebringer shoots GIF 100% and uses that to clear Cephrir

The only scenario I see Cephrir scum here is if he is the scum doctor, decided to target GIF to play around radar, AND the scum night kill was intercepted some other way (either Reck or Airbase).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4992 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

peggy: maybe alice?

we want to admire alice anyway.

expect adverse effect to peggy from 294 but if needed maybe

might also cause reverse

is admiring sam possible

that would be great
even better for peggy if it happens without alice delivering

peggy admire neil ?

Peggy is clearly scum, because they are talking about using an ability. This ability and peggy appears over a wide time and my guess is that they are still alive, and only peggy can admire, so is a troop of some sort.

So what troops are still active that people could have a question about their target (is admiring sam possible)
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4993 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 4987, GreyICE wrote:Would LLD really submit the NK for the scum? She doesn't like to do that. Like seriously I've been on scumteams with her and I know she hates doing that.

Would LLD really submit the NK for the scum? She doesn't like to do that. Like seriously I've been on scumteams with her and I know she hates doing that.
what do you mean submit?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #4994 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:10 am

Post by GreyICE »

UT, have you played mafia before?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4995 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

If I had to take a guess Alice is also scum as they are referred to over a long period of time, and it seems to indicated the peggy would be targeting Alice with said ability more than once.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4996 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1, Andrius wrote:Stealth Bomber: Starting at DEFCON 2, you may deploy your Stealth Bomber once per Night Phase to kill a target player. This is a factional ability.
I'm thought factional meant that it didn't come from a specific player?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4997 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Which makes the ability likely the doc... Guys seriously, give this some consideration.

VOTE: cephir
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4998 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4950, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Spoiler: Blahblah
@UT – Do not under any circumstances recall that Nuke
Game is at a tipping point. Clearing players as either Mafia or Terrorist is paramount for endgame purposes. And mastina needs to die anyway for the copious WIFOM she’s drowned the thread in about how she’d play as alignment blah blah blah.
Right now we know the following –
LLD is not the Terrorist (Blocked by Reck on a Night the Terrorist Nightkill went through).
Hiplop is not Mafia (Both GiF’s investigation which has little chance of being Tailored and nuking Nukebringer)

That’s all the concrete evidence we have. UT is very likely not Mafia being a significant counter-wagon to SS (which Vax also was so I’m not hella thrilled with the Nuke on Vax but he could be the Terrorist I guess). But that isn’t concrete. So confirming whether Spyrex chose to preempt and of the Nukes WITHOUT him claiming it in thread is good for both sorting the targets and Spyrex’s possible motivations.

Personally the fact that GiF only dies to Commie strike after the Radar player is Nuked has me leaning wanting Cephrir dead. And his play after mastina launched the nuke doesn’t help.
--
In post 4807, mastina wrote:In short, I've been right on every player being town. (Well, except Ircher. That one caught me off-guard.) It's the scumflips I've been wrong about.
And when you think about it, this is a natural consequence of my playstyle, which focuses on an "innocent until proven guilty" approach. It's easier to townhunt and name town than it is to scumhunt and name scum.
Literally this is the exact profile of Mafia scum who are allergic to bussing. Which is why mastina needs to be a glowing crater in the next 36 hours so mastina isn't anywhere near endgame. Of course Cephrir flipping Commie means she isn't but it appears that isn't happening until after the recall period.
--
In post 4874, Cephrir wrote:Who fucking cares? Cheet, GIF, Cheet. Yeah, I'm sure I didn't say that in your mind because it was just too darn hard to make up.
So you didn’t protect the claimed Cop N1? I mean you were clearly in the group that knew mastina’s theory on GiF being a scum counter-claimer to SS was moronic so you had to feel GiF was Town. Yet you took a chance the Terrorist would hit there even if it was fucking minimal?
Just wanted to take the opportunity to point out, regardless of Cephrir's alignment, this is scumposting. Magna is trying to have it both ways here, to eat his cake while having it too. He's casting doubt not only on Cephrir, but also on me. He's calling for BOTH of our deaths, ignoring the fact that the death of one holds great relevance to the fate of the other. His reasoning for wanting me dead is also something he knows for a FACT to not be alignment-indicative: no fucking shit I talk about what I do as both alignments. That's kind-of my thing. He calls it wifom bullshit, I call it part of mastina being mastina. He's not scumreading me for my actions--rather the opposite, he's basically
praising
the nuke on Cephrir. Yet he wants me dead anyway.

It's also a useless fluff post, in that he gives no tangible reads. Okay. So hiplop isn't a Russian. No duh. LLD isn't the serial killer. No duh. So what are his scumreads? What are his townreads? And what reason is there behind them? He gives nothing. He states a waffly opinion on UT, but refuses to take a hard stance there. His indifference to the Vaxkiller nuke is also telling.

I suppose it's possible Cephrir is scum here, but it would not at all surprise me if MoI is rejoicing that we have THREE town players being nuked right now because that's exactly what he needs.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4999 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:17 am

In post 4991, GreyICE wrote:The only scenario I see Cephrir scum here is if he is the scum doctor, decided to target GIF to play around radar, AND the scum night kill was intercepted some other way (either Reck or Airbase).
Agreed. But pending Spyrex tampering with mastin's Nuke we will see soon enough.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”