Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 5538, Nahdia wrote:I realize no one is pressuring me rn (except MoI kinda) but just wanted to point out that unless I'm scum with Cephrir as my partner, taking that huge risk in shooting GiF is some serious meshugaas coming from me. With radar dead I could just let GiF get false checks.
I'm not convinced it's as clean as you're describing it. Presumably under that scenario you would be getting Russians to investigate as Americans since that's the kind of investigation that doesn't lead to you getting nuked, but you would have to outguess which person GiF would target. The ability really isn't that good. Given that, it would be substantially better to off the Cop (especially since the Terrorist doesn't really have much reason to do so).
GreyICE 5544 wrote:Then she begged to be POE nuked yesterday.
tbh I want to file this aside LLD's "I'm American because I've been begging to be investigated", where you're betting that asking for an ostensibly pro-Town action to happen to you results in a lower chance of it actually happening.

That said, I'll watch where this is line of conversation is going.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by GreyICE »

LLD was asking for a scarce commodity. There's one investigate.

Nukes are a plentiful commodity. All scum-Nahdia needs is one player to go "oh that does sound like a good idea, NUKES AWAY LAWL"
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I wouldn't really say I was begging to be utility nuked. I was accepting & anticipating the necessity.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 5547, GreyICE wrote:
In post 5531, SpyreX wrote:As scum id have not announced it for sure tried to hide more in the weeds waay longer.

And no way would i have sabotaged crazyface cause you know hes on for only good scum things
She, and... this is actually kinda convincing. Unless you're playing DEEP cover operative. Or LLD is scum. Because you had no reason to doubt Mastina besides the usual (aka she's cray cray)
Actually I am going to ask about this one while things play out because I don't follow. Unless Mastin actually said IMMA SHOOT TOWNZ then there's no reason to believe that this wouldn't backfire. I'm not sure where LLD comes into this.
Nukes are a plentiful commodity. All scum-Nahdia needs is one player to go "oh that does sound like a good idea, NUKES AWAY LAWL"
Granted. (Why did no one nuke Nahdia, aside from how it would be the least satisfying policy lynch available?)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #5554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 5540, Nahdia wrote:
@mod If someone with a sabotaged nuke headed towards them commits suicide, do they still die?
Yes. The command is irreversible.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Nahdia »

mastina was heavily telegraphing heavily the day before DEFCON 1 that she was going to nuke LLD. I don't know to what degree SpyreX was basing his decision on that versus just his opinion of mastina's play.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Because Mastina said "I'm gonna nuke LLD immediately" for two game days. That forced out the fallout shelter softclaim and was generally obnoxious.

Now granted I still don't have any idea why Town-LLD picks fallout shelter. I know why scum-LLD would.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Vi »

That... doesn't sound like a particularly destructive thing? Unless she hadn't revealed at that time that she was the Fallout Shelter, merely that she was asking for investigations.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Like what's the line of reasoning: "I'll make the town use two investigates or an investigate/block combo in order to clear me, just so the scum can use their night kill on me"?

While I happily see LLD thinking "I don't trust this scumteam I'm going to have to make it to LyLo solo and someone is going to POE nuke me".

She's fucking scum and self voted and we lynch her.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Vi »

I don't disagree and would add that she has already more or less claimed as meta that it's one of the abilities she would go for as scum.

But before we move on from it, please see 5557, unless you think it has no value.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 5557, Vi wrote:That... doesn't sound like a particularly destructive thing? Unless she hadn't revealed at that time that she was the Fallout Shelter, merely that she was asking for investigations.
Okay fair.

I'm having trouble figuring out who LLD's scumbuddy would be. You (Cheetory) seem out based on the replace out interactions, Nahdia seems out, Cephrir seems out, that leaves MOI, UT and Spy? And I think both MOI (failsafe-scum? Plus townread?) and UT (counterwagon to scum, although he has been generally not amazing) are not likely and that's leaving SpyreX by POE.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Now we're crosstalking.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5562 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean I could see LLD unloading on a scumbuddy until they replaced out, I guess. And Cheetory weakly tunneling her for days while generally being uninspired would be exactly how to get her rage up at a scumbuddy. I mean basically all he did was weakly call other people's scumreads stupid, and the Nuke on accountant was fairly crap, which leaves the nuke on Hiplop which means nothing (scum have every reason to try and nuke the SK) so... you're kind of talking me out of townreading you TBH.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5563 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 5561, GreyICE wrote:Now we're crosstalking.
Now we're playing with POWER.
NUCLEAR
POWER.

So we're basically in the same place with {LLD, SpX, UT}. I acknowledge that I have done very little to know what Moai has been up to this game and will rely on you for that.
GreyICE 5560 wrote:You (Cheetory) seem out based on the replace out interactions
Need I remind you of the time you literally spent five minutes berating me IRL about how bad my scum game was.
If you read me as anything other than Town you will have hell to pay from the time I die to the time many years from now I forget that this happened.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5564 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Hmmm... that argues LLD was trying to win this solo, since she got fallout shelter. Something_Smart, Spiffeh, Cheetory6, Nukebringer... oh hell yes LLD takes the fallout shelter there and prepares for another PYP 6 solo win.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5565 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

You posted up a STORM in that stupid Fate game. Yes, eventually you trip over your own two feet and contradict yourself, but man everyone was townreading you for like half the day, and you damn near got me lynch except for the fact I was confirmed town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5566 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Vi »

You're thinking Cowboy Bebop Redux, right? Nobody told me I was being Townread as I tried so hard to break up UK and these two shouty new people and get them to turn on each other. Oops, no, never mind, they're all power roles and they're basically confirmed to each other on Day 1. Screw all of you anime people.

Also you may have hell to pay
already
for just how facile the criteria are for you judging my scum game. :igmeou:
I am currently on course to begin finalizing choice words for describing your competence in a few hours when one of us gets nuked.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5567 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Vi »

but back on business
In post 5563, Vi wrote:So we're basically in the same place with {LLD, SpX, UT}. I acknowledge that I have done very little to know what Moai has been up to this game and will rely on you for that.
Are we in agreement on this? I'll do better than my last game and actually stick to it, thereby not losing in a shameful and disgraceful manner.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5568 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 5563, Vi wrote:
In post 5561, GreyICE wrote:Now we're crosstalking.
Now we're playing with POWER.
NUCLEAR
POWER.

So we're basically in the same place with {LLD, SpX, UT}. I acknowledge that I have done very little to know what Moai has been up to this game and will rely on you for that.
SAD had to die after doing the scummiest possible thing to hop from the SS wagon to the UT wagon. Like he made the argument that "reck would never risk his friendship with UT to vote UT in a mafia game" which is so painfully stupid that not only did UT hate it, RECK hated it. And he moved to the wagon Reck had started. It was a super good push, and SAD happened to flip town, oh well. I'd lynch him again ten times in ten under those circumstances.

His posting recently has been a bit lackluster, but I don't feel like Spiffeh or S_S or Nukebringer paid much attention to him. Like Spiffeh saw no reason to comment on the SAD wagon, that feels like "he dug his own grave". And Spiffeh likes to comment on everything his scumbuddies do and call it scummy. So at best I would call MOI possibly the SK, but I doubt that's a problem anymore.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5569 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 5567, Vi wrote:but back on business
In post 5563, Vi wrote:So we're basically in the same place with {LLD, SpX, UT}. I acknowledge that I have done very little to know what Moai has been up to this game and will rely on you for that.
Are we in agreement on this? I'll do better than my last game and actually stick to it, thereby not losing in a shameful and disgraceful manner.
I mean if we get LLD lynched today, good by me.

The only people I give my seal of approval of post death are Nahdia and MOI.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5570 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Although if this is another fucking nuke fakeout I'm going to seriously smash something
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5571 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I still think Hiplop might have spite killed you Vi
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5572 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Like... at least a 40% chance. It's not like he's given a shit about this game at any point, I don't think he'd think he deserves a win.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5573 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Vi »

TBH I think you're working yourself up. Run your paranoia over me, predict flips, it doesn't matter. This is DEFCON; you should be getting your lawn chair out and watching the glowy weapons-grade plutonium fireworks while singing songs about God and America as you unload your guns and your dog from your enormous 4WD pickup truck. Don't forget the barbecue; people as high up as we are in the chain of command can afford to rent a whole pig cooker. (Vinegar-based, not tomato-based, and get the good rub on there.)

Vote: Lady Lambdadelta
(L-3)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #5574 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Andrius »

America
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”