Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Phate »

Shut up, Rigel.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by roffman »

JDodge wrote:
roffman wrote:
JDodge wrote:
That doesn't need to be public info.

The scum are SensFan, competentpsycho and roffman. That is all.
Any proof here? Or are you just spouting random accusations, especially considering how often SensFan has posted?
Touchy, aren't we?
I'm touchy cause i want some reasons behind your scum accusations?
You say you have them, yet why are you hesitant to post them? Phate and Rigel both asked for reasons, so it's not just me who has trouble understanding your scum calls
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by competentpsycho »

Hmm... well I would like to hear an explanation from Fairy.

On other news, JDodge and Phate appear to be acting as one this game so far. If I had to guess characters from it they would be Lifty and Shifty. Problem is that is way to obvious for scum to act, so either Lifty/Shifty are not scum (doubt it) or JDodge and Phate just love being an asshole team without giving reasons for shit, which is anti-town. How could getting Fairy to contribute be anti-town at all? If you can give a valid reason I will back off but I don't see any where I stand now.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:50 am

Post by Rigel »

Phate wrote:Shut up, Rigel.
Phate, do you have a post restriction that makes you act like an ass all game? Just thought I'd check before I went back to actually playing the game instead of having a petty, useless argument.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Phate »

How could putting someone this close to a lynch when it's obvious that they have a post restriction be pro-town?

Yes, I'm an asshole. No, it's not a post restriction (in Happy Tree Friends Mafia? xD). No, the fact that I'm an asshole doesn't have anything to do with JDodge also being an asshole.

I just understand JDodge's playstyle better than you, and am informing you curtly but politely (not a single f-bomb in that post, you'll notice, which you'd get if I weren't being so courteous) that what is a scumtell for other people isn't necessarily a scumtell for JDodge. In short, he always acts like this, town or scum.

Also, note that being an asshole is not antitown. It promotes discussion, and just about anything that promotes discussion is protown. At best, it's a tool for luring out scum who want to jump onto policy lynches. At worst, it's a playstyle choice.

If there's something I've said or done that you would like more reasons for, point it out to me. I won't guarantee that I'll explain it, but chances are that I will, and regardless I'd like to know what you're focusing on.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:57 am

Post by kuribo »

Phate wrote:How could putting someone this close to a lynch when it's obvious that they have a post restriction be pro-town?
I agree with this statement. Asshole that you are, you're right on this one.

Seriously, unless we know that Fairy can't possibly be town, why lynch her? Further, alot of post-restricted roles have some sort of power that they can use during the night phase. Do we really want to lose it without at least SOME sort of idea as to its usefulness?

We'd feel mighty stupid if it turned out she was a night vig or a cop.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Phate »

FoS: kuribo

Terrible logic. 'Don't lynch her this quickly on the basis of her post restriction' is good logic. 'Don't lynch her this quickly because there's a possibility that she has a night power' is awful logic, even if it were true that PR ~= night power.

If I knew you to be a good player, I might think that this was an attempt to get Fairytown lynched by defending her case with digital shit. As it is, it might be an attempt to save Fairyscum or just a really weak attempt by a townie to contribute.

And the sun doesn't burn white hot, drift lazily, or emit piercing screams, and it's not located in the stratosphere.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 am

Post by kuribo »

Phate wrote:
FoS: kuribo

Terrible logic. 'Don't lynch her this quickly on the basis of her post restriction' is good logic. 'Don't lynch her this quickly because there's a possibility that she has a night power' is awful logic, even if it were true that PR ~= night power.

If I knew you to be a good player, I might think that this was an attempt to get Fairytown lynched by defending her case with digital shit. As it is, it might be an attempt to save Fairyscum or just a really weak attempt by a townie to contribute.

And the sun doesn't burn white hot, drift lazily, or emit piercing screams, and it's not located in the stratosphere.
The bit about defending someone poorly is somewhat of a reach, don't you think?

And as for the bit about the sun: WITH A FEW SMALL MODIFICATIONS, ANY CANOE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!!!

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:01 am

Phate wrote:How could putting someone this close to a lynch when it's obvious that they have a post restriction be pro-town?
Phate wrote:just about anything that promotes discussion is protown.
There you go. I am not trying to lynch her, but she is hiding something which is anti-town. I just want some explanation as to why.

Kuribo, I hate to say this but I agree with Phate - that logic is horrible. The post restriction is easily explained by the role, but the role doesn't really fit any power role so... that doesn't really make sense here. If we never lynched anyone that could have a power role nobody would get lynched. If it weren't for the fact that you have been contributing so far you would have my vote. IGMEOY.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:06 am

Post by kuribo »

competentpsycho wrote:
Phate wrote:just about anything that promotes discussion is protown.
There you go. I am not trying to lynch her, but she is hiding something which is anti-town.
You don't know that what she's hiding is anti-town, though.

competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:42 am

sorry I guess that phrasing was a little confusing. I meant she is hiding something about her post restriction, the hiding of which is anti-town. I didn't mean that whatever she was hiding was anti-town.
mildmanneredhero
mildmanneredhero
Townie
mildmanneredhero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:56 am

Post by mildmanneredhero »

I mean, aren't we technically ALL hiding something? We all have roles and none of us have claimed them. It is sometimes in the town's best interest to keep things hidden.

Also, it seems likely that Fairy is pro-town based on the post restriction.

I still think that Holy seems the most scummy. She's been coasting along without really saying anything.
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive."
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:13 am

mildmanneredhero wrote:Also, it seems likely that Fairy is pro-town based on the post restriction.
If this were true then every scum would try to act like they had a post restriction. Scum could have a restriction too. I am not saying that Fairy is scum but I don't believe that she can't contribute at all to the game so I want an explanation as to why. This is about coasting along without really saying anything just like Holy but using a post restriction (unconfirmed) as a cover.
mildmanneredhero wrote:... Holy ... She's been coasting along without really saying anything.
I agree here, but Fairy is doing the same under the cover of a post restriction. I have said before there is no way a mod would put in a post restriction that stops a person from being able to play the game. My vote stays on Fairy for now.

You are all having the post restriction wool pulled over your eyes covering up what Fairy is doing. Look and see. You are all so blind.

Fairy - post something, anything useful.
FairyThatIsPunk
FairyThatIsPunk
Townie
FairyThatIsPunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by FairyThatIsPunk »

*FairyThatIsPunk spins in circles and stops to point at Competentpsycho and does a finger across the throat*
~I love this moment so much, I want to have sex with it and have a bunch of baby moments!~
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:50 pm

... Wow, that is great. I totally understand why you are doing this now. Seriously... WHAT THE FUCK!!
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by roffman »

I think fairy is trying to say that u have circular logic that will get u lynched. I could very well be wrong though
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:02 pm

Maybe, but I don't see the circular logic. Someone point it out. I want to believe that she is contributing.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 pm

Post by JDodge »

competentpsycho wrote:Maybe, but I don't see the circular logic. Someone point it out. I want to believe that she is contributing.
Interesting. You bitch when she doesn't contribute, and you bitch when she does contribute.

Very interesting.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:55 am

Post by Holy »

competentpsycho wrote:
mildmanneredhero wrote:Also, it seems likely that Fairy is pro-town based on the post restriction.
If this were true then every scum would try to act like they had a post restriction. Scum could have a restriction too. I am not saying that Fairy is scum but I don't believe that she can't contribute at all to the game so I want an explanation as to why. This is about coasting along without really saying anything just like Holy but using a post restriction (unconfirmed) as a cover.
mildmanneredhero wrote:... Holy ... She's been coasting along without really saying anything.
I agree here, but Fairy is doing the same under the cover of a post restriction. I have said before there is no way a mod would put in a post restriction that stops a person from being able to play the game. My vote stays on Fairy for now.

You are all having the post restriction wool pulled over your eyes covering up what Fairy is doing. Look and see. You are all so blind.

Fairy - post something, anything useful.
Holy wrote:While I, myself, still hesitant about the probability that a scum has that kind of -laid in public- restriction, because a game created to be balanced, if fairy is a scum that means the scum group is kinda crippled, but then again, I can't really sure. If she could express herself in a better way that would really helpful though.
I still believe this.
I still think she's more likely not the scum. But I'm not against the attempt to gather more information about her too. It's not like I'll let my vote forever at her today, sheesh.

kuribo wrote:The bit about defending someone poorly is somewhat of a reach, don't you think?
Errr, not really. Because it was indeed poorly made.

JDodge wrote:
competentpsycho wrote:Maybe, but I don't see the circular logic. Someone point it out. I want to believe that she is contributing.
Interesting. You bitch when she doesn't contribute, and you bitch when she does contribute.

Very interesting.
QFT

Unvote. Vote: competentpsycho
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:05 pm

JDodge wrote:

Very interesting.
I don't think I was bitching about her contributing. If she is saying there is circular logic then that is contributing and I will back off. I just don't see it (the circular logic that is), and the circular logic was just an interpretation by roffman. JDodge since you apparently do see the circular logic show me where it is. Once I see she is contributing rather than making completely useless posts to lurk in public then I will back off.

Holy, I don't see the "bitching when she does contribute" by me, but you agree with JDodge - point out how I am bitching once she contributed (nobody help her here - I think this is just an "I agree post" meant to make it look like she has an opinion of others when she doesn't).

Overall people are missing explanations for their interpretations. Maybe I am just dense but I don't see what a lot of you are pointing out. Help me out here, if you can.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Holy »

competentpsycho wrote:Holy, I don't see the "bitching when she does contribute" by me, but you agree with JDodge - point out how I am bitching once she contributed (nobody help her here - I think this is just an "I agree post" meant to make it look like she has an opinion of others when she doesn't).

Overall people are missing explanations for their interpretations. Maybe I am just dense but I don't see what a lot of you are pointing out. Help me out here, if you can.
FairyThatIsPunk wrote:*FairyThatIsPunk spins in circles and stops to point at Competentpsycho and does a finger across the throat*
Duh! Reminded of her post restriction, her last post shows that she's capable to express her thoughts better then before to the game, is enough for me, it shows that she's playing along with us. What else do I want, ask her to shout?!
First you pushed her to contribute, but when she did at best (at least I think so), you still feel it isn't enough, when will you feel it will be enough then? You pushed her limitlessly beyond sensibility, I saw. I, myself tend to leave her for today as long as she's playing along with us, thus we would get a better read on her.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:44 pm

Holy wrote:she did at best (
at least I think so
)
This is basically what I am scared of. I guess there would be an easy way to ask her. Fairy, if this is the best you can do due to your post restriction: give a thumbs up,
and if you could somehow get away with being more helpful, just haven't found a reason to yet: give a thumbs down.

After that same thing for if you can vote or not.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:44 am

Post by kuribo »

competentpsycho wrote:
Holy wrote:she did at best (
at least I think so
)
This is basically what I am scared of. I guess there would be an easy way to ask her. Fairy, if this is the best you can do due to your post restriction: give a thumbs up,
and if you could somehow get away with being more helpful, just haven't found a reason to yet: give a thumbs down.

After that same thing for if you can vote or not.
Stop trying to lead Fairy around, competent.

The circular logic is obvious:

Competentpsycho- Fairy, you need to contribute!
(Fairy contributes)
Competentpsycho- YOU CALL THAT CONTRIBUTION? CONTRIBUTE!

Telling her to add something to the conversation, and then complaining when that it wasn't enough and she should do more? Yeah, that's a circle, because when she DOES do more, you could say it's not enough.

Are you just attacking Fairy because YOU don't have anything worthwhile to contribute? The whole "POST MORE" argument isn't helping the town, especially when the general consensus is that she's doing alright thus far.

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Holy »

I'll be on holiday until the 26th. Happy holidays all!
mildmanneredhero
mildmanneredhero
Townie
mildmanneredhero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 am

Post by mildmanneredhero »

Speaking of, I'm going to be out of town from Sunday until probably Dec. 29th.
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive."
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”