Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by egruntz »

What the hell is going on? Wonderful way to start off the game, guys!

I, personally, find the first day to be completely useless. It's happened many times: tons of discussion, just to get back where we started, and in the end we all just vote for no lynching.

On the first day, I think it'd be best to not lynch at all. If we just take out a random guess, we could end up hurting ourselves in the process.

I'm not voting for it just yet, to see if any discussion can be born from this; but seriously, stop voting randomly for idiotic reasons.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by egruntz »

Mills wrote:Egruntz, where are you from?
Eh? Don't really know how to answer that question. If you're looking for my location, well just forget that. If you're wondering if I've been on other sites, you probably know me from SWF or MKO.

I've always found it better to have no lynching occur on the first day. As I've said, it there's been plenty occasions where the first day would occur for weeks, and nothing gets accomplished. You really don't get much information about each other from the start as it is, and that's what makes the beginning of this game slow and rather dull.

@Bookitty
You're the one rushing to conclusions. I've said one thing so far, a common one at that, and you've already gone and voted for me. There's nothing scummy about my post, heck I didn't even except anyone to lay a FOS on me because of it.

However, I'm still all for no lynching.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by egruntz »

Ah. I've played on sites such as smashboards.com, various other websites, and often in real life with a bunch of buddies.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:25 am

Post by egruntz »

boo wrote:Do you think you can get more information from a dead body than from a live one?
Erhm, exactly my point. If we choose to lynch someone randomly, with the odds of 3-4/18 being mafia, there's a pretty good chance that we'll lynch one of our own people. If we skip the first round and only lose one of the town instead of two, then we can keep the town living longer.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't vote or lynch randomly. It'll most likely effect the town.
What conclusion do you feel I've rushed to?
Well, obviously you think I'm scum, since you voted for me. If not, then what a poor reason to vote for someone. All that I've said is that it'd be best to skip the lynch for the first day. Surely you shouldn't vote for me, just for stating my opinions?

That right there shows horrible quality in a mafia player.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by egruntz »

Panzerjager wrote:Look, random voting is an essential part of the game and I'm going to doubt anyone's mafia playing ability who doesn't realize it. It gets discussion going and then someone says something and it gets analyzed and then someone says something else and it get's analyzed. Like now, egruntz said "hey, guys we should no lynch" everyone reacted and now The Fonz said "he is a newbie so don't pay attention" These are two of the more important pieces of evidence right now(in my opinion) and both have happened due to the random voting phase, so quit your bitching, kthnx.

Second, I hate all this random lynch talk. We are not randomly lynching anyone. We are gonna decide via deliberation and democracy, thusly forcing people to make a decision. Discussion is good. Interaction between players mean things; Making it ignorant and irresponible to end day immediately with a random or No lynch. And if it was random, I'd much rather roll an 18 sided dice and lynch the player that's number comes up. That has much more of a chance a causing interaction between players then just saying okay guys, vote no lynch. Besides no lynch can't even defend himself.

Anyway, back to important things,
Vote: The fonz
You wrote off a newbie that obviously wasn't even a newbie and then you voted someone for attacking the guy's idea, which was obviously terrible.

P.S Thinking someone is scum is not the only reason to vote for someone, don't be so naive

P.S.S I think Fonz is scum
Surely. To vote and cause lynching for one just based on opinion of their character is just as "naive". Sure random voting helps stir up discussion, but otherwise I see no use for it, and personally think it's not needed.

First gather information,
then
vote or lay a FOS on someone.
That's how I'd do it.

P.S.
Isn't it Post-Post-Script (P.P.S.) after the first Post-Script?
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:37 am

Post by egruntz »

Xylthixlm wrote:
liamcool wrote:Erhm, exactly my point. If we choose to lynch someone randomly, with the odds of 3-4/18 being mafia, there's a pretty good chance that we'll lynch one of
our own people
. If we skip the first round and only lose one of
the town
instead of two, then we can keep
the town
living longer.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't vote or lynch randomly. It'll most likely effect
the town.
Someone is trying too hard to appear protown.

Unvote, Vote liamcool
No, I'm the one that said that, not liam.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by egruntz »

I'd like to point out that just because I'm new to this site, doesn't mean I haven't played this game before. Sure, other sites discourage the act of not lynching on the first day as well; it's just what I
personally
think is best. As I've said before, lynching could easily go against the town.

However, seeing that intelligent and interesting discussion has stirred, I don't feel that there's a reason to vote for no lynch
at this point
. I was simply stating that no lynching is a good option (imo) if we don't get any valuable information out of the first day.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by egruntz »

FOS: Xylthixlm

No, not because he voted for me, but because he seems he wants to get the day done with, and skip right onto night. It's best to spend your time and gather the proper information before casting a vote, otherwise you could end up screwing your own team greatly. Why rush things when we've limited time, anyway? Why create a bandwagon just for the hell of it?

Not a scummy move, but something that grabbed my attention.

[OOC: Sorry for not posting in the last couple of days or so. This Christmas sure kept me busy! I've received a Nintendo Wii, along with Super Mario Galaxy, and some other accessories. That'll definitely keep me busy for a while! I'll still be keeping an eye out in this mafia, though; so no worries!]
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by egruntz »

Bookitty wrote:I don't have any certainty as to whether egruntz's stance on no-lynch was a true newb-tell, or a newb-scum tell, and some other things he's done seem fairly pro-town to me. I'm waiting to see more from him before I draw any conclusions in that regard.
Why is it, that just because I think differently than you, that I'm automatically either a newbie or scum?
Really
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by egruntz »

Bookitty wrote:
egruntz wrote:Why is it, that just because I think differently than you, that I'm automatically either a newbie or scum?
Really
Well, the charitable interpretation of pushing for no-lynch is that you are new to the site and thus don't see the disadvantage of giving the scum a free nightkill without any fear of being lynched. Additionally if we all agreed to a no-lynch on day one, no productive discussion could result from bandwagons, watching who was on the lynch, who pushed against it, etc. I think this has been explained to you by more capable and experienced players than me.

The uncharitable explanation is that scum would benefit from a no-lynch day one. They would not run the risk of being lynched, nor have to defend their actions at a later date regarding their behaviour on the day one lynch, they would not have to make arguments that later events would prove false... in general, they'd get a nightkill for free, and so it would be a beneficial move for scum if they could persuade town to a no-lynch. That's why pushing for a no-lynch is widely regarded as a scumtell except in very specific (and not currently applicable) circumstances.

So, that's why, egruntz.
... OR, it could just be a specific's playstyle. We aren't getting any information out of day one so far, besides "everyone bandwagon ____, he's scum for not being active!" and so and so.

As I mentioned before, it would be best to not lynch at all if we all can't come up with a final and positive conclusion that a certain person is mafia. And I don't really feel like repeating myself beyond that.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by egruntz »

>.< "specific's"? Come on now, egruntz.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:14 am

Post by egruntz »

Bookitty wrote:
egruntz wrote:... OR, it could just be a specific's playstyle. We aren't getting any information out of day one so far, besides "everyone bandwagon ____, he's scum for not being active!" and so and so.

As I mentioned before, it would be best to not lynch at all if we all can't come up with a final and positive conclusion that a certain person is mafia. And I don't really feel like repeating myself beyond that.
Do you really feel that we aren't getting any information out of day one so far? Is it your experience that town can ever come up with a final and positive conclusion that a certain person is mafia before that person is dead?
No. I'm saying that Day 1 doesn't give you
enough
evidence that a certain person is Mafia. In all of the previous games I've played, the players ended up lynching one of their own on the first day, because they just
knew
that person was mafia.

In every game I suggest for a no lynch, I get flamed and pointed at; and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll continue to "push" for no lynch, if we don't get hard evidence against someone.

For right
now
, voting for no lynch is a stupid idea, since we still have a while before the first day is forced to end. But if we all can't agree on a definite mafia by that time, we'd best be off by not lynching at all, instead of taking our chances when it's, what, 3/18 against us?
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by egruntz »

Xylthixlm wrote:egruntz, do you think we should ever lynch without certain information that someone is mafia? If so, when? If not, how do you expect to win?
Of course we won't have a 100% positive conclusion that someone is mafia, all I'm saying is that you want to be as sure as possible before lynching. And if you can't be all-too sure, then don't lynch at all.

"He MIGHT be mafia... but we might as well vote for him anyway. What have we to lose?"... no.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by egruntz »

But getting idiots out of the way wouldn't hurt either. As well as independents, or "anti-towns".
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by egruntz »

After reading through the thread, I'll finally make a vote. Disciple Slayer, all you've been doing throughout the game is creating bandwagons, and getting a
little
too defensive. Therefore,
vote: Disciple Slayer
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by egruntz »

Here's my suspicions, in the order of greatest to least:

1. Disciple Slayer
2. Mills
3. Xylthixlm

Not much, but something. I'm still most suspicious of Disciple Slayer due to jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon. As for Mills, it's very suspicious that he leaves when we were getting on him. Not having the style to play mafia isn't a good enough reason to just run out.

As for Xylth... IDK, I don't like him ;o
No, just playing bro. Bandwagons; but no as bad as DS.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by egruntz »

post later guys.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by egruntz »

Alright, sorry for not being totally active. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been a huge hit, and I've been obsessing over it lately.

Knew Xyl was scum >.>.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by egruntz »

O_o ooooooverspeculation there, hasdg. Saying "knew Xyl was scum" is the same as mentioning his death, or even discussing it. I'm not trying to earn "brownie points", just bringing up a friendly note.

I was suspicious of Xyl, and he turns out to be scum. Surely, you wouldn't say nothing?
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by egruntz »

Skruffs wrote:
egruntz wrote:
FOS: Xylthixlm

No, not because he voted for me, but because he seems he wants to get the day done with, and skip right onto night. It's best to spend your time and gather the proper information before casting a vote, otherwise you could end up screwing your own team greatly. Why rush things when we've limited time, anyway? Why create a bandwagon just for the hell of it?

Not a scummy move, but something that grabbed my attention.

[OOC: Sorry for not posting in the last couple of days or so. This Christmas sure kept me busy! I've received a Nintendo Wii, along with Super Mario Galaxy, and some other accessories. That'll definitely keep me busy for a while! I'll still be keeping an eye out in this mafia, though; so no worries!]
Interesting. I haven't read through the whole game, just isolated egruntz to see how he 'knew' zyl was scum. The beginning fo the day was him defending no lynching, but in this post, he goes and fosses Xyl for, I guess, stirring up the game? It seems eqruntz's modus operandi is to limit the amount of information. No lynches. No bandwagons. Just... what... night? :)

This is later enforced when he votes DS for creating Bandwagons. (He votes DS, only fosses Xyl)

Sounds like distancing to me. ^.^
I mentioned no-lynching on day one if all we could do is randomly vote for people. Later I realized that wasn't such a good idea, and started to adapt to how you people play mafia over here.

Again, over speculation.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by egruntz »

I mentioned that both DS and Xyl were creating bandwagons. I also mentioned that DS was doing it more so than Xyl. If that be the case, who do you think I would pay more attention toward?
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by egruntz »

Right. Then time to go eat.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon